Why do you like Serenes Forest?

Ronnie

Because it will eventually have more forum upgrades, more engaging discourse, and even more of what fans crave.  The logo on the main page looks to be delivering on that premise.

Basically what others have said, there is an active but civil community here that I like to be a part of and I can talk about things that are actually important to me here and people will understand what I'm talking about.  

it's super active despite having a small community and since i recognize most users in fftf—basically the only subforum i frequent—i feel pretty comfortable ~existing~

also theres a pink theme!!

8 hours ago, familyplayer said:

How everyone is super civil and no one EVER gets into arguments and.... wait, why DO I like this place?

Pretty much the opposite happens to me atleast interms of arguing with the flaws in FE6.

Why I like it? Because its one of the communities that talks about Fire Emblem where unless you go to reddit, you won't find many sites that talk aggressively into every nook and cranny about game elements in FE.

Come to think of it...unless you go into the latest games, you pretty much need this site to find a way to beat the older games when talking about newcomers or casual gamers in general.

Because it has this SERENE feel to it

It's a welcoming community of FE fans. Which is why I like it. I get to talk to people who have about the same interests as me.

It's better than real life if you think about it.

I love it just as my general go to gaming forum. Sure i know that the core of it is Fire Emblem which i also love but i love going on here to just discuss about games and sometimes even anime.  Its a community that has many different gaming opinions, civil, with a touch of humourous shitposting.  My kinda place...

It's basically only for the people I like talking to that I'm still here~

I'm not as into FE as I used to be, and I've always been awful at talking about the game anyway because majority of the talk involves strategy and stats and whatnot (or last I checked) and I am VERY casual about games that I play so I can't really get myself to care about any of that, much~ Even the pairing/relationship stuff I can't really talk about that much because I don't get as invested in the characters anymore. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with the characters themselves and how much of it has to do with my deteriorating interest in the games, but it's for sure at least some of the latter.

That's why I'm only really ever in fftf anymore, but even then I barely talk that much (discord's the biggest culprit)

And yet I guess it's still just a home that I'm too familiar with to leave and there are still some people around that I don't just talk to in discord

Also, I'm glad to see comments in this thread showing to me that the community seems to have improved (I never really venture out of fftf to see much of it myself~) Over the past years I know SF had grown to have a bit of a bad reputation. I'm hoping that'll continue!

Edited by Freohr Datia

Same reason as @Freohr Datia minus discord.

I have some pretty great memories here that keep me coming back. Though once in a while I'll venture out of fftf and find/read interesting stuff.

Edited by Hashuni Mei

I'd ask someone more qualified to tell me/you guys.

Hmm. I could probably steal hashunei mei's answer.

Including not only the good memories, but also the bad ones or the ones where I feel strongly that I didn't know what was going on. Even though I haven't been here in a while, I spent so much time here that it's like a street on the city of my life. Even if I don't really come here myself, my recollection of Serenes Forest is probably unavoidable as I wander the tracks of my mind. So even if I only like it, that like probably won't go away til I face severe long term memory loss (I don't really know much about brain capacity, I'm just saying what I want to say the best I can think of it right now.).

I'm probably a somewhat forgotten part of SF at this point, and I might not be a part of SF for everyone, but for me, I'm an inescapable and unavoidable part of Serenes Forest for others in my own imagination. And  through that, SF is inescapable for me.

1. I  got to know some people, even met one.

2. I was introduced to some new videogame series.

3. I learned more about FE.

4. My English skills were improved.

5. It raised my creativity. I learned how to make LPs and made me want to do writing.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Very well, I ought to at least contribute something after my absence.

This website is a truly magical place, full of wonderful and noble individuals. I say, I am simply whelmed by emotions even by the slightest time browsing this divine location! With facilities and entertainment even I deem to be of the first class, one shall say I desire to remain here for eternity.

Oh, I jest. If one must know, I do not "like" Serenes Forest but rather deem it superior to the ever so dreadful excess of lowly troglodytes browsing the internet. One ought to be grateful, for I do not despise the denizens of this present community.