I've always loved the GBA battle animations, and I recently got into making my own.

This is my attempt at making Fates' Royal families,

Someones probably done this better before but I thought I'd take a crack at it.

I've completed the 4 Nohrian siblings and almost all of the Hoshidians except for Ryoma due to his weird faceplate.

First I did Everyone's favorite cinnamon roll;
Elise!

Heal Animation:

Spoiler

priscilla_troubadour_staff.gif.0f77f53ca18afc2d631c41d591b0eae5.gif

I had some trouble with the hair at first simply because of how bizarre her pigtails are, I ended up using a modified version of Rebecca.

Next on the list was;

Leo

Basic Anima Attack:

Spoiler

Leo_Mage_Knight_Animation..gif.5334467483294bb6faad0990439b7306.gif

Anima Crit:

Spoiler

Leo_mageknight_magic_Crit.gif.a54d4095a00b7ded65def29b12992b65.gif

I'm thinking about trying to make a sword animation for him, I definitely want to give him a special Brynhildr animation.

The Most difficult thing about making Leo was that I couldn't find Male battle animations only sheets, so I just took Selena's battle animations and copy/pasted Ewan's hair onto her

Skipping a sibling I actually did Xander next, due to Camilla's... unique character design.

Basic Sword Attack:

Spoiler

Xander_paladin_sword.gif.0f9a59bf6fc306e4e19e4dc4e7113e4b.gif

Sword Crit:

Spoiler

Xander_paladin_sword_crit.gif.de4ae49d2f8b3e3d61c0fe42824e8b88.gif

It was fun to make a paladin without a helmet, it always seemed weird to me that Seth has a helmet when fighting but not in his portrait. I'd also like to come back to Xander to give him a fancy ranged attack when using Siegfried.

Next we have Camilla:

Basic Lance attack:

Spoiler

Camilla_wyvernlord_lance.gif.573ac0ef86c1fe4ea50612a5f3591bbc.gif

Lance Crit:

Spoiler

Camilla_wyvernlord_lance_Crit.gif.03c7e0c5621aecce136cd5cacb9bbca7.gif

Sorry if anyones disappointed by a serious lack of something

(she's not using an axe.) But i'm still learning and I don't think a more accurate design is something I can do,

I took the face and hair of a pegasus night and changed it up a bit to fit a Wyvern lord.

Moving on to the Hoshidians My first is;

Hinoka:

Basic lance attack: 

Spoiler

Hinoka_pegasusknight_lance.gif.5b15390326a4aaa946e1a704adb49b7d.gif

Lance Crit:

Spoiler

Hinoka_pegasusknight_lance_crit.gif.1af8b82e2b02b90f49133dc73250cfee.gif

Hinoka was a fairly easy color swap.

Sakura:

Spoiler

Sakura_cleric_staff.gif.2af88441a08a367c106a6fcc76ad4d14.gif

She was probably the quickest and easiest.

And last one (for now)

Takumi:

With Takumi I decided to have separate animations for when he has his Yumi equipped vs other bows

Regular Bow Attack:

Spoiler

Takumi_archer_bow.gif.0e6f192d3ad2ee7d8d91812614bb029e.gif

Bow Crit:

Spoiler

Takumi_archer_bow_crit.gif.482262c9ae6eabb3cf76e8b1290862d1.gif

The hardest part with Takumi was his pineapple hair I ended up using his actual map sprite from fates to give me a better idea.

Fujin Yumi Attack:

Spoiler

Takumi_archer_Yumi.gif.e7aa3c00826f4bd66309c80b915d2755.gif

Fujin Yumi Crit:

Spoiler

Takumi_archer_yumi_crit.gif.59d308db30e4d3804b14c3a987ccaf41.gif

When he's using the Fujin Yumi I changed it so his bow is gold, the bowstring only appears when he's firing and has a cool "disintegrate" affect to it.

In his crit the symbol is meant to be the Japanese word for storm, which is part of the names of the Japanese gods takumi and ryoma are based off of (Fujin of wind, and Raijin of thunder/lightning)

I'm unsure if it really fits though,

I'm considering making similar ones for the other princes, any ideas for those would be great!

Any constructive critisism would be super awesome as i'm pretty new to animating as well as this forum so if you have any tips send them my way.

I'm gonna go do more animating Thanks for reading all this stuffXD

These animations were modified using a free internet software I found called piskelapp you don't have to download anything except whatever animations your changing.

If you want to use these for something feel free! Please Credit me if possible (and send me a link please!)

Edited by Golgotha of the Hills

6 minutes ago, Golgotha of the Hills said:

Looks like you fixed it, I think?

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!

Yep~!  That notice was so that you'd know what happened to your topic.

I know that Ryoma starts off as a Swordmaster, but are you going to be planning to alternate the GBA Swordmaster sprites to Red Outfit and his hair brown? Speaking of which, would it be possible to get Azura a Sprite from the Recruit class and alternate the outfit to match it from her actual outfit from Fates or would that take months to completely redesign the Songstress Animation?

Edited by King Marth 64

8 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I know that Ryoma starts off as a Swordmaster, but are you going to be planning to alternate the GBA Swordmaster sprites to Red Outfit and his hair brown? Speaking of which, would it be possible to get Azura a Sprite from the Recruit class and alternate the outfit to match it from her actual outfit from Fates or would that take months to completely redesign the Songstress Animation?

Thats an Awesome idea for Azura! That'll make animating her way easier.

Thanks for your comment!