History Mode: Toughest Missions

Emblem Blade

6 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

If it's a bow only unit hopefully it's Takumi with a true power Fuijin Yumi, that way you can throw plateslayer on him and with how fast his special gauge fills, it'll do good damage to generals and guardian knights.

Everybody talks about how they have True Power unlocked on almost all of their weapons and here I am and can't S-rank most True Power missions for the life of me. I only got Moonlight, the Falchions and the Spellbane Yumi and even these only by the skin of my teeth. Everything else still eludes me. Does anyone have any hints or secrets they can share?

A few tips on how to get past Iago and Gharnef on Celica's map would be appreciated as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Everybody talks about how they have True Power unlocked on almost all of their weapons and here I am and can't S-rank most True Power missions for the life of me. I only got Moonlight, the Falchions and the Spellbane Yumi and even these only by the skin of my teeth. Everything else still eludes me. Does anyone have any hints or secrets they can share?

A few tips on how to get past Iago and Gharnef on Celica's map would be appreciated as well.

For the True Power quests as in the Scrolls, it's usually easier to scout the enemies on the field before starting the mission as it allows you to get a strong grasp of what you need.  Leo's has a ton of Sky/Pegasus Knights with a decent number of Falcon Knights.  There's a lot of Tome users as well so using Tomes isn't recommended due to the map having a lot of high Resistance enemies.  I normally would try to use characters that are promoted and around Lvl 60-70 at the least to ensure that there's enough power to win.  The 2,000 kill requirement also means that you must attack both quick and hard so having Takumi deal with the flyers while you fight the Tome users is best.  Lucina's mission isn't too hard, just have a fully promoted Lissa and Cordelia stay near two of your NPC allies (who must be protected) and guard them (make sure the Auto-Heal feature is activated).  Have everyone else clear mobs and forts but make sure your kill count is at 2,000 at least before defeating the boss.  Lyn's and Celica's Scroll missions are fairly easy to get S-Rank, the latter will have you dealing with a lot of distance and there are enough enemies to get 2,000 kills.  Just keep two of your playable units on standby on each of the upper corners to deal with the spawning Rally Commanders and Priests.  The latter simply, just remove the fleeing forward commands immediately then eliminate the fort leaders who are advancing towards your base.  Have Dragonslayer equipped as one of them is Tiki.  For Hinoka's either have Chrom/Lucina/Marth or someone with Dragonslayer and the latter should be someone who can defeat Mounts and Flyers, so having a Bow User with Mountslayer is good.  I haven't unlocked Ryoma, Xander or the twin's missions yet plus I can't remember how I cleared Corrin's (sorry).

For Gharnef, I would run at least Lissa and Sakura for Ally Base and Ally Commander protectors since if you're not fast enough, the Shadow clones will bring a lot of issues.  Just KO the front commanders who will retreat immediately then target any other named enemy unit afterwards.  When the two Sorcerers pop up to attack from a distance, target them or immediately defeat Gharnef as they usually show up once his base is opened up.  While taking out everyone bar Gharnef, just kill every enemy that you can and your allies also should help you reach the 2,000 kill count pretty fast.  Gharnef isn't hard, usually 2 Warrior Specials kills him.  I would use your starter Hero/Heroine as they'll usually be one of your higher leveled, and fully promoted units.  I wouldn't use Flyers as I believe Takumi is one of your enemies and there are some Archers and Snipers present.  Mostly use swords such as Rowan/Lianna, Chrom, Lucina, Marth and Ryoma if you want to blitz the stage if you don't have Lyn (personally Rowan/Lianna and Marth can handle mobs quicker due to having easier control as you have a lot more access to them as Lyn's recruitment can be a pain for some while Chrom can kill bosses pretty fast as that's his specialty).  I would have Astra equipped to your four controlled units.  Shadow Darios and Shadow Gharnef clones will spawn at some point so kill those if they start to close in on the Ally Base.

For Iago's, you can't use healing items that your characters have equipped or Staves to heal plus you don't regain HP in an ally base so only healing drops will work due to the restriction.  You'll get 2 Sages as normal who'll continuously summon Shadows of Iago until both are removed.  The main problem is that Rally Commanders and Priests will continuously spawn for some time meaning that once Iago's base is open, kill him or be prepared to kill every single Rally Commander/Priest that shows up.  As you can't heal, place someone like Rowan/Lianna or Lucina back at base in case a Shadow Iago enters it and kill those clones as they can easily ruin the mission.  I barely cleared that mission with an S-Rank as I had 2 Shadow Iagos attacking the base.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

To be fair, I only have the Exalted Falchion, Parallel Falchion, Yato and today most recently Falchion, Siegfried, Hinoka's spear, Camilla's axe, and Brynhildr. What I can really say is try to be several levels above (promoted preferably), using strongest weapons possible (I often had Silver/ Brave weapons equipped), use characters you're most familiar with (With me it's the faclon knights and Mart/Lucina/Lyn, once you realize what combos create stun gauges, that's when you use the longest attack string (usually full Y combo or another combo into the stun gauge break), and probably most influential, multi-task allies, having a playable character (preferably) with a staff defending the base is huge, since they can heal in times of attack and usually quickly get to the allied commander to heal them too, then it's having other units attack forts they're best against and you focus on KOs/other objectives. It also helps if your character has a move with a wide hit range, as that will give you many KOs while in a crowd Also using badges will reduce damage, alongside skills, those upgrades in the guild shop really do help, Sol is probably most notable for me, since it heals some after defeating most lock-on enemies, which hopefully doesn't take too long to do, also dodge cancelling out of moves and enemy combos helps, not all combos can be escaped fully, but dodging a hit or two may save you the S rank.

For those maps, have a strong character or two defend the objectives and have two playable AI go attack the mages, you can fight off the shadows and hopefully not take too much damage while they get rid off the annoyances, if you defeat the shadows quickly switch to them to speed it up.

Other tips I can offer is knowing one's enemy and saving up specials and awakenings for either the final boss or a large group of powerful enemies, in the latter pair up dual specials really deal a lot of damage, some maps may also have a powered up foe, so take out the source of power ASAP while also defending, the ability to switch characters on the fly really helps alleviate some of the difficulty this game has.

My personal strategy though for defeating boss units (besides saving up specials) is as Marth or Lucina, use C3, that should shield break, then repeat it again for good measure, then either full Y string or Lucina's C2 as those break gauge fairly quickly, Lyn is a similar strategy but she is a little hard to unlock for some and her movements may be a little hard for some to line up right.

Edited by LucarioGamer812

22 hours ago, Emblem Blade said:

Well, Lyn's personality is a bit different but so is Marth's.  Lyn seems a bit more impatient as some of her in-battle dialogue shows she just wants to get back to fighting.  Marth's supports with some other characters has him scold the people he's talking to although they're still struggling to remember that THIS Marth is most likely from before he gained so much respect from his legends before his death whereas everyone else only knows him from his legends and actions (after his death has passed).  The Marth/Lucina A+ Support has poor Lucina trying to realize everything but Marth seems to go ballistic for the first half of the dialogue.  Marth in the previous games was more calm and understanding.

Every character has their strengths and flaws, so they're not all going to excel at everything which is not helped by how some of their stats make zero sense.  An example is Robin and his fairly decent yet average Strength Stat when as a Lvl 99 Grand Master.  His Magic is far higher than his Strength and said Strength would be nice if he could use swords...but he can't and reversing his Tomes to use the Strength Stat is useless as he loses most of his potential as an attacker.  The only time where being forced to use a single character is the Timed Attack missions and it becomes annoying if it's Bow-Users only on maps with a lot of physically defensive opponents.

I wouldn't say he goes ballistic and most of the time he scolds people is for praising him, so I think it matches his vague timeline (honestly Chrom not recognizing Lucina with the mask blows any sort of continuity for the Awakening cast out of the water so the others probably don't have any either).

Lyn just seems far too arrogant since Heroes (even her base form which was probably made before the poll concluded). Lyn was cocky, but she at least knew when to ask for help and was in over her head. Nor did she seem to be that spectacular of a fighter which makes some sense when you consider her people seem to be more renowned for their archery as opposed to their swordplay.

Yeah, I really wish Robin had a balanced strength and magic stat since that class was originally balanced. It would be interesting and useful to have a mage that could deal effective melee damage. Once again, Lyn doesn't make sense here since she has higher strength than Lucina (maybe even Marth, I'm not sure) despite being a more agility focused character.

So I have gotten all mementos for Lyn's picture, and I'm looking at Anna's map now. The deployable characters are: Anna, Chrom, Robin, Rowan, and Lianna. Also Marth is an NPC Ally. So this one looks to be tough. I'll get Celica's unlocked soon to check that out (just have to get 5-6ish mementos)

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, I really wish Robin had a balanced strength and magic stat since that class was originally balanced. It would be interesting and useful to have a mage that could deal effective melee damage. Once again, Lyn doesn't make sense here since she has higher strength than Lucina (maybe even Marth, I'm not sure) despite being a more agility focused character.

I have level 99 Lyn and Marth, she has 4 more strength

Marth: str 92, mag 9, def 84, res 80, skl 108, sp 104, luck 113, mov 5 (no boosters) also 726 hp

Lyn: str 96, mag 36, def 80, res 67, skl 112, sp 121, luck 96, mov 5 (no boosters) also 664 hp

12 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

So I have gotten all mementos for Lyn's picture, and I'm looking at Anna's map now. The deployable characters are: Anna, Chrom, Robin, Rowan, and Lianna. Also Marth is an NPC Ally. So this one looks to be tough. I'll get Celica's unlocked soon to check that out (just have to get 5-6ish mementos)

I have level 99 Lyn and Marth, she has 4 more strength

Marth: str 92, mag 9, def 84, res 80, skl 108, sp 104, luck 113, mov 5 (no boosters) also 726 hp

Lyn: str 96, mag 36, def 80, res 67, skl 112, sp 121, luck 96, mov 5 (no boosters) also 664 hp

Yeah, I checked later (using the training grounds) and she actually has one of the highest strengths. Frederick and Ryoma were higher I know, but even Chrom may have been lower which is just absurd.

21 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I wouldn't say he goes ballistic and most of the time he scolds people is for praising him, so I think it matches his vague timeline (honestly Chrom not recognizing Lucina with the mask blows any sort of continuity for the Awakening cast out of the water so the others probably don't have any either).

Lyn just seems far too arrogant since Heroes (even her base form which was probably made before the poll concluded). Lyn was cocky, but she at least knew when to ask for help and was in over her head. Nor did she seem to be that spectacular of a fighter which makes some sense when you consider her people seem to be more renowned for their archery as opposed to their swordplay.

Ok, I guess I really did put in the wrong word there but still...  Marth struggles to understand the difference between being 'praised' and being 'complimented' when talking to anyone but Caeda or Tiki.  When Chrom first meets him, he didn't know that the Marth present most likely came from a timeline before he was acknowledged as a great hero until Frederick attempts to correct the situation.  Chrom wasn't trying to say anything wrong, he was just complimenting on the fact that of all people who would come to the army's aid, he wasn't expecting Marth who he knew as a well famous hero from the long past.  Marth 'logically' took it as being praised which isn't hard to believe or complain about.  The A+ Support between Marth and Lucina isn't Lucina praising him, but closer to her talking about everything she knows about him from every legend she was told to which Marth denies everything as he believes that those stories are all misunderstandings.  Lucina knows that Marth comes from an era far before her father was born so she's pretty sure that the stories about Marth are true.  Marth on the other hand wouldn't know if the stories and legends were true or not until he actually heard them for himself.

Overall, Ryoma is the superior swordsman between the two (if the two were compared as Swordsmasters in any appearance as that was Ryoma's default class in Fates and Lyn's default class in Awakening).  He has 76 more HP, 9 more points in Strength, 5 more points in Speed, 1 point more in Resistance (barely notable) and 9 more points in Luck.  The difference in Magic is pathetic as no one would shove Topsy-Turvy onto either.  Lyn has 8 more points in Skill and 1 point more in Defense (again barely notable) for the record.  While Ryoma is better for killing bosses thanks to his natural C5 triggering the Stun Gauge on hits 1 or 2 on top of being more controlled, Lyn's better for killing mobs as her attacks hit a bigger area.

Also about Chrom...

HP (725) Strength (100) Magic (21) Skill (108) Speed (108) Luck (85) Defense (99) Resistance (73) Movement (5) unmodified

Chrom is still overall the better option for Lords (excluding copies such as Lucina who shares the same basic moveset as him and Celica who shares Marth's basic moveset [faster but not as strong]) that aren't the twins.  He's not speed-oriented like Lyn so you have more control and he can both hit hard and take a lot of punishment.  His Magic isn't needed and his Luck is enough to get enough healing drops from enemies at times.  Unlike Corrin, he lacks a weakness in regards to Bonus Damage and unlike Marth, Chrom's hitbox on his attacks are rather fair so you don't have to specifically choose one of his strong finishers to end things.  He's basically a stronger version of Rowan thanks to his stats and the Falchion gives him an edge over one of the more annoying defensive enemies in the game when playing on Lunatic Mode without the need to make a penalty on the damage by adding a bonus attribute.

2 hours ago, Emblem Blade said:

Ok, I guess I really did put in the wrong word there but still...  Marth struggles to understand the difference between being 'praised' and being 'complimented' when talking to anyone but Caeda or Tiki.  When Chrom first meets him, he didn't know that the Marth present most likely came from a timeline before he was acknowledged as a great hero until Frederick attempts to correct the situation.  Chrom wasn't trying to say anything wrong, he was just complimenting on the fact that of all people who would come to the army's aid, he wasn't expecting Marth who he knew as a well famous hero from the long past.  Marth 'logically' took it as being praised which isn't hard to believe or complain about.  The A+ Support between Marth and Lucina isn't Lucina praising him, but closer to her talking about everything she knows about him from every legend she was told to which Marth denies everything as he believes that those stories are all misunderstandings.  Lucina knows that Marth comes from an era far before her father was born so she's pretty sure that the stories about Marth are true.  Marth on the other hand wouldn't know if the stories and legends were true or not until he actually heard them for himself.

Overall, Ryoma is the superior swordsman between the two (if the two were compared as Swordsmasters in any appearance as that was Ryoma's default class in Fates and Lyn's default class in Awakening).  He has 76 more HP, 9 more points in Strength, 5 more points in Speed, 1 point more in Resistance (barely notable) and 9 more points in Luck.  The difference in Magic is pathetic as no one would shove Topsy-Turvy onto either.  Lyn has 8 more points in Skill and 1 point more in Defense (again barely notable) for the record.  While Ryoma is better for killing bosses thanks to his natural C5 triggering the Stun Gauge on hits 1 or 2 on top of being more controlled, Lyn's better for killing mobs as her attacks hit a bigger area.

Also about Chrom...

HP (725) Strength (100) Magic (21) Skill (108) Speed (108) Luck (85) Defense (99) Resistance (73) Movement (5) unmodified

Chrom is still overall the better option for Lords (excluding copies such as Lucina who shares the same basic moveset as him and Celica who shares Marth's basic moveset [faster but not as strong]) that aren't the twins.  He's not speed-oriented like Lyn so you have more control and he can both hit hard and take a lot of punishment.  His Magic isn't needed and his Luck is enough to get enough healing drops from enemies at times.  Unlike Corrin, he lacks a weakness in regards to Bonus Damage and unlike Marth, Chrom's hitbox on his attacks are rather fair so you don't have to specifically choose one of his strong finishers to end things.  He's basically a stronger version of Rowan thanks to his stats and the Falchion gives him an edge over one of the more annoying defensive enemies in the game when playing on Lunatic Mode without the need to make a penalty on the damage by adding a bonus attribute.

I still think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Marth (who has likely done some of the stuff he is supposed to do) has a hard time measuring himself up to the legends (and they are probably embellished). Of course, the whole Lucina dressing up as Marth thing is my least favorite part of her, but those supports did seem to finally shed some light on that she took the name in the future, but held off on the disguise until coming to the past. The people likely still knew it was her, but as she said, Marth's name inspired hope. Also, that sick burn Marth delivers when he beats Lucina.

I was looking at the stats and the twins do seem rather...weak. Their strength (or magic in Lianna's case) seem rather low.

On 27.11.2017 at 1:03 AM, Emblem Blade said:

For the True Power quests as in the Scrolls, it's usually easier to scout the enemies on the field before starting the mission as it allows you to get a strong grasp of what you need.  Leo's has a ton of Sky/Pegasus Knights with a decent number of Falcon Knights.  There's a lot of Tome users as well so using Tomes isn't recommended due to the map having a lot of high Resistance enemies.  I normally would try to use characters that are promoted and around Lvl 60-70 at the least to ensure that there's enough power to win.  The 2,000 kill requirement also means that you must attack both quick and hard so having Takumi deal with the flyers while you fight the Tome users is best.  Lucina's mission isn't too hard, just have a fully promoted Lissa and Cordelia stay near two of your NPC allies (who must be protected) and guard them (make sure the Auto-Heal feature is activated).  Have everyone else clear mobs and forts but make sure your kill count is at 2,000 at least before defeating the boss.  Lyn's and Celica's Scroll missions are fairly easy to get S-Rank, the latter will have you dealing with a lot of distance and there are enough enemies to get 2,000 kills.  Just keep two of your playable units on standby on each of the upper corners to deal with the spawning Rally Commanders and Priests.  The latter simply, just remove the fleeing forward commands immediately then eliminate the fort leaders who are advancing towards your base.  Have Dragonslayer equipped as one of them is Tiki.  For Hinoka's either have Chrom/Lucina/Marth or someone with Dragonslayer and the latter should be someone who can defeat Mounts and Flyers, so having a Bow User with Mountslayer is good.  I haven't unlocked Ryoma, Xander or the twin's missions yet plus I can't remember how I cleared Corrin's (sorry).

For Gharnef, I would run at least Lissa and Sakura for Ally Base and Ally Commander protectors since if you're not fast enough, the Shadow clones will bring a lot of issues.  Just KO the front commanders who will retreat immediately then target any other named enemy unit afterwards.  When the two Sorcerers pop up to attack from a distance, target them or immediately defeat Gharnef as they usually show up once his base is opened up.  While taking out everyone bar Gharnef, just kill every enemy that you can and your allies also should help you reach the 2,000 kill count pretty fast.  Gharnef isn't hard, usually 2 Warrior Specials kills him.  I would use your starter Hero/Heroine as they'll usually be one of your higher leveled, and fully promoted units.  I wouldn't use Flyers as I believe Takumi is one of your enemies and there are some Archers and Snipers present.  Mostly use swords such as Rowan/Lianna, Chrom, Lucina, Marth and Ryoma if you want to blitz the stage if you don't have Lyn (personally Rowan/Lianna and Marth can handle mobs quicker due to having easier control as you have a lot more access to them as Lyn's recruitment can be a pain for some while Chrom can kill bosses pretty fast as that's his specialty).  I would have Astra equipped to your four controlled units.  Shadow Darios and Shadow Gharnef clones will spawn at some point so kill those if they start to close in on the Ally Base.

For Iago's, you can't use healing items that your characters have equipped or Staves to heal plus you don't regain HP in an ally base so only healing drops will work due to the restriction.  You'll get 2 Sages as normal who'll continuously summon Shadows of Iago until both are removed.  The main problem is that Rally Commanders and Priests will continuously spawn for some time meaning that once Iago's base is open, kill him or be prepared to kill every single Rally Commander/Priest that shows up.  As you can't heal, place someone like Rowan/Lianna or Lucina back at base in case a Shadow Iago enters it and kill those clones as they can easily ruin the mission.  I barely cleared that mission with an S-Rank as I had 2 Shadow Iagos attacking the base.

On 27.11.2017 at 1:54 AM, LucarioGamer812 said:

To be fair, I only have the Exalted Falchion, Parallel Falchion, Yato and today most recently Falchion, Siegfried, Hinoka's spear, Camilla's axe, and Brynhildr. What I can really say is try to be several levels above (promoted preferably), using strongest weapons possible (I often had Silver/ Brave weapons equipped), use characters you're most familiar with (With me it's the faclon knights and Mart/Lucina/Lyn, once you realize what combos create stun gauges, that's when you use the longest attack string (usually full Y combo or another combo into the stun gauge break), and probably most influential, multi-task allies, having a playable character (preferably) with a staff defending the base is huge, since they can heal in times of attack and usually quickly get to the allied commander to heal them too, then it's having other units attack forts they're best against and you focus on KOs/other objectives. It also helps if your character has a move with a wide hit range, as that will give you many KOs while in a crowd Also using badges will reduce damage, alongside skills, those upgrades in the guild shop really do help, Sol is probably most notable for me, since it heals some after defeating most lock-on enemies, which hopefully doesn't take too long to do, also dodge cancelling out of moves and enemy combos helps, not all combos can be escaped fully, but dodging a hit or two may save you the S rank.

For those maps, have a strong character or two defend the objectives and have two playable AI go attack the mages, you can fight off the shadows and hopefully not take too much damage while they get rid off the annoyances, if you defeat the shadows quickly switch to them to speed it up.

Other tips I can offer is knowing one's enemy and saving up specials and awakenings for either the final boss or a large group of powerful enemies, in the latter pair up dual specials really deal a lot of damage, some maps may also have a powered up foe, so take out the source of power ASAP while also defending, the ability to switch characters on the fly really helps alleviate some of the difficulty this game has.

My personal strategy though for defeating boss units (besides saving up specials) is as Marth or Lucina, use C3, that should shield break, then repeat it again for good measure, then either full Y string or Lucina's C2 as those break gauge fairly quickly, Lyn is a similar strategy but she is a little hard to unlock for some and her movements may be a little hard for some to line up right.

Those are some pretty useful tips! Thank you guys so much!
I have taken a short break from this game to catch up on my backlog (I still need to finish Nights of Azure and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana), but I'll get back to it in due time and then tackle this stuff with renewed vigor! (hopefully at least)

Thanks again!

23 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I still think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Marth (who has likely done some of the stuff he is supposed to do) has a hard time measuring himself up to the legends (and they are probably embellished). Of course, the whole Lucina dressing up as Marth thing is my least favorite part of her, but those supports did seem to finally shed some light on that she took the name in the future, but held off on the disguise until coming to the past. The people likely still knew it was her, but as she said, Marth's name inspired hope. Also, that sick burn Marth delivers when he beats Lucina.

I was looking at the stats and the twins do seem rather...weak. Their strength (or magic in Lianna's case) seem rather low.

Everyone who isn't from Shadow Dragon knows Marth from the legends inspired by his actions after his death, so it's hard for anyone who's not from his timeline to actually adjust to the fact that he isn't really used to being seen as famous.  Making it clear, both Marth and Chrom dislike being seen as 'heroic' as neither see themselves as real heroes just normal people helping those around them.  While Chrom can ignore or shrug most off the compliments/praise for some time thanks to his tolerance, Marth doesn't share the same mindset (yet).

The twins aren't that bad considering when compared to the other Lord-Class characters, the two of them are actually the youngest of them all, so it's only somewhat logical that neither of them can directly compete with the other Lords in the game when looking at full potential.  Rowan at least competes with Chrom who's only marginally superior (outside of his higher HP and Rowan's much higher Luck) to him as Chrom has higher Strength, Skill, Speed and Defense.  He's weaker and slightly slower than Marth but he can be controlled easier despite sharing the same normal moveset as Lianna.  So regarding Rowan, he's a slightly weaker Chrom but still retains a lot of use as he can still heal others decently if their HP is at risk (unlike Chrom).  Regarding Lianna, she's like Celica (copy of Marth) as she's rather balanced.  While Rowan and Marth are more physically oriented, Lianna and Celica have rather balanced stats when maxed out and in Celica's case, her Strength/Magic, Skill/Speed and Defense/Resistance are all the same in those categories.  As in from what I know...Celica's Strength and Magic are the same, her Skill and Speed are the same and her Defense and Resistance are the same with only her Luck being the highest.  Both female heroines can attack and heal so they aren't dedicated to just 'I'mma bash the enemies in the face with my sword!', as a result you can place them as ally protectors while your heavier and stronger characters do all the work.  Compared to most of the cast members who primarily rely on swords, the twins are ok at clearing mobs (not as good as Marth and Lyn) but are excellent anti-boss characters (very much like Chrom and Lucina and the twins only slightly surpass Ryoma who's mainly an Anti-Boss character as his only mob clearing attack is his C4 which isn't great for hitting huge mobs) as their C5 and C6 finishers either break the opponent's guard on the final hit and briefly trigger the Stun Gauge on any generic enemy for a second (C5) or auto-break the guard on the 2nd or 3rd hit while still dealing decent damage from the 2nd hit and onwards even without the crests that allow chip damage against guarding enemies (C6).  The C3 is a great way to trigger the Stun Gauge on any non-Lance user who can be stunned as the attack stuns anything once the animation ends and it hits anything directly within the hitbox and their C6 can weaken and remove rather big clusters of enemies.  Despite their low'ish Defense when compared to other Lords and their average HP, they can take a lot of punishment and their Defense and Resistance are rather balanced and are higher overall than half the cast who specializes in either Defense or Resistance.

30 minutes ago, Emblem Blade said:

Everyone who isn't from Shadow Dragon knows Marth from the legends inspired by his actions after his death, so it's hard for anyone who's not from his timeline to actually adjust to the fact that he isn't really used to being seen as famous.  Making it clear, both Marth and Chrom dislike being seen as 'heroic' as neither see themselves as real heroes just normal people helping those around them.  While Chrom can ignore or shrug most off the compliments/praise for some time thanks to his tolerance, Marth doesn't share the same mindset (yet).

The twins aren't that bad considering when compared to the other Lord-Class characters, the two of them are actually the youngest of them all, so it's only somewhat logical that neither of them can directly compete with the other Lords in the game when looking at full potential.  Rowan at least competes with Chrom who's only marginally superior (outside of his higher HP and Rowan's much higher Luck) to him as Chrom has higher Strength, Skill, Speed and Defense.  He's weaker and slightly slower than Marth but he can be controlled easier despite sharing the same normal moveset as Lianna.  So regarding Rowan, he's a slightly weaker Chrom but still retains a lot of use as he can still heal others decently if their HP is at risk (unlike Chrom).  Regarding Lianna, she's like Celica (copy of Marth) as she's rather balanced.  While Rowan and Marth are more physically oriented, Lianna and Celica have rather balanced stats when maxed out and in Celica's case, her Strength/Magic, Skill/Speed and Defense/Resistance are all the same in those categories.  As in from what I know...Celica's Strength and Magic are the same, her Skill and Speed are the same and her Defense and Resistance are the same with only her Luck being the highest.  Both female heroines can attack and heal so they aren't dedicated to just 'I'mma bash the enemies in the face with my sword!', as a result you can place them as ally protectors while your heavier and stronger characters do all the work.  Compared to most of the cast members who primarily rely on swords, the twins are ok at clearing mobs (not as good as Marth and Lyn) but are excellent anti-boss characters (very much like Chrom and Lucina and the twins only slightly surpass Ryoma who's mainly an Anti-Boss character as his only mob clearing attack is his C4 which isn't great for hitting huge mobs) as their C5 and C6 finishers either break the opponent's guard on the final hit and briefly trigger the Stun Gauge on any generic enemy for a second (C5) or auto-break the guard on the 2nd or 3rd hit while still dealing decent damage from the 2nd hit and onwards even without the crests that allow chip damage against guarding enemies (C6).  The C3 is a great way to trigger the Stun Gauge on any non-Lance user who can be stunned as the attack stuns anything once the animation ends and it hits anything directly within the hitbox and their C6 can weaken and remove rather big clusters of enemies.  Despite their low'ish Defense when compared to other Lords and their average HP, they can take a lot of punishment and their Defense and Resistance are rather balanced and are higher overall than half the cast who specializes in either Defense or Resistance.

Except the Fates characters don't know him. Nor does Lyn, and Celica oddly enough hasn't heard of him despite the very real possibility they are from the same world since they both lived at the same time. So it is pretty Awakening exclusive, but I kind of like the dynamic he has with them. I do wish that Chrom, Lucina, or Lissa would at least talk to Ceada though seeing as they are her descendants too, but they also aren't together yet apparently so maybe they don't want to meddle.

Oh, no, the twins' moveset grew on me (C6 for the win). It's just stat wise, they seem offensively lacking. Though these stat spreads seem a bit bizarre sometimes anyways.  

20 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Except the Fates characters don't know him. Nor does Lyn, and Celica oddly enough hasn't heard of him despite the very real possibility they are from the same world since they both lived at the same time. So it is pretty Awakening exclusive, but I kind of like the dynamic he has with them. I do wish that Chrom, Lucina, or Lissa would at least talk to Ceada though seeing as they are her descendants too, but they also aren't together yet apparently so maybe they don't want to meddle.

Oh, no, the twins' moveset grew on me (C6 for the win). It's just stat wise, they seem offensively lacking. Though these stat spreads seem a bit bizarre sometimes anyways.  

That would be 100% correct if the Outrealm Gates weren't a thing in the FE universe considering how Awakening, Fates and apparently Heroes toyed with events.  The Awakening cast aren't necessarily 'descendants' of Marth and Caeda as the Falchion that Chrom and Lucina each use aren't the 'same' as Marth's.  For some reason the creators gave Marth's Falchion the name 'Exalted' despite that being the fully powered version of Chrom's weapon.

Well, stat spread is unusual for everyone.  Lords in general tend to have some stats that are higher than other classes that usually have higher stats than the Lords do in those same areas.  The most general case shown is that Swordmasters are in general faster than Lords, but here we have two half-cases in the situation of Ryoma and Lyn who are treated with movesets closer to Swordmasters but are logically much closer to being Lord-class characters as their promoted classes are more or less treated as unique 'Lords'.

7 minutes ago, Emblem Blade said:

That would be 100% correct if the Outrealm Gates weren't a thing in the FE universe considering how Awakening, Fates and apparently Heroes toyed with events.  The Awakening cast aren't necessarily 'descendants' of Marth and Caeda as the Falchion that Chrom and Lucina each use aren't the 'same' as Marth's.  For some reason the creators gave Marth's Falchion the name 'Exalted' despite that being the fully powered version of Chrom's weapon.

Well, stat spread is unusual for everyone.  Lords in general tend to have some stats that are higher than other classes that usually have higher stats than the Lords do in those same areas.  The most general case shown is that Swordmasters are in general faster than Lords, but here we have two half-cases in the situation of Ryoma and Lyn who are treated with movesets closer to Swordmasters but are logically much closer to being Lord-class characters as their promoted classes are more or less treated as unique 'Lords'.

The hilt was changed (as explained in Owain and Lucina's support), but that Falchion is still the same sword. The Exalted part was needed to differentiate them. As for interdimensional travel, yes, none of them are technically the others' descendants (same even goes for Lucina and Chrom), but there would still be a connection to Ceada just like Marth.

Edited by Arthur97

33 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The hilt was changed (as explained in Owain and Lucina's support), but that Falchion is still the same sword. The Exalted part was needed to differentiate them. As for interdimensional travel, yes, none of them are technically the others' descendants (same even goes for Lucina and Chrom), but there would still be a connection to Ceada just like Marth.

It would be easier for Chrom's version to be the 'Exalted' as it comes from Awakening, not Shadow Dragon though.  In a game sense for FE, the Lucina we use is Chrom's daughter, just not the present timeline Chrom (she's the future's Chrom's daughter).  Until there's a family tree showing where in the Marth's family does Chrom's parents show up, there's really nothing proving that Marth is Chrom's ancestor.  Lesser extent to Caeda as it only applies to her when she and Marth are married together as until then, there's no way that the Awakening cast has any relationship to her (as in Chrom, Lucina, Lissa and Owain).  It's like saying that Priam is Ike's descendant despite there being little to no evidence to back it up other than the two sharing the love of eating meat and both using Ragnell.  The Falchion issue would be even more annoying if Alm was added as he also uses 'Falchion' later on in the games.

1 hour ago, Emblem Blade said:

It would be easier for Chrom's version to be the 'Exalted' as it comes from Awakening, not Shadow Dragon though.  In a game sense for FE, the Lucina we use is Chrom's daughter, just not the present timeline Chrom (she's the future's Chrom's daughter).  Until there's a family tree showing where in the Marth's family does Chrom's parents show up, there's really nothing proving that Marth is Chrom's ancestor.  Lesser extent to Caeda as it only applies to her when she and Marth are married together as until then, there's no way that the Awakening cast has any relationship to her (as in Chrom, Lucina, Lissa and Owain).  It's like saying that Priam is Ike's descendant despite there being little to no evidence to back it up other than the two sharing the love of eating meat and both using Ragnell.  The Falchion issue would be even more annoying if Alm was added as he also uses 'Falchion' later on in the games.

It is generally accepted canon that they are related. I'm pretty sure it's even straight up said in promotional stuff and even Chrom's little bio in Heroes. 

Also, Awakening seems to indicate that there is no true time travel so Lucina is the daughter of another Chrom from a similar world. While Chrom accepts her as his daughter and treats her as such, they are technically not actually related.

The reason Chrom's Falchion is not the Exalted one is because that does not happen until very late in the game and it seems safe to say that that has not happened yet while Marth's is still at full power and is therefore Exalted (it was also called that in Echoes when his phantom used it). To my knowledge, there are two Falchions: the one that Marth/Chrom/Lucina use and the one that Alm wields which was apparently lost to the ages (there is a weaker one in SD if you meat the proper requirements, but the legitimacy of this is somewhat debatable as it is never mentioned in proper lore).

20 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

The reason Chrom's Falchion is not the Exalted one is because that does not happen until very late in the game and it seems safe to say that that has not happened yet while Marth's is still at full power and is therefore Exalted (it was also called that in Echoes when his phantom used it). To my knowledge, there are two Falchions: the one that Marth/Chrom/Lucina use and the one that Alm wields which was apparently lost to the ages (there is a weaker one in SD if you meat the proper requirements, but the legitimacy of this is somewhat debatable as it is never mentioned in proper lore).

The Parallel Falchion I'd hypothesize was a reference to the Alterspire Falchion- since they're both from another world and are weaker than the "true" Falchion. SD was only two games old by that point, plus Awakening loves its references to past games.

Technically speaking, I wouldn't call Marth's Falchion "Exalted" in regards to his actual games themselves, since the First Exalt didn't come until much much later. It is the same Falchion as the one Chrom and Lucina use, but it clearly got overhauled sometime after Mystery (I guessing during the First Exalt's time).

I mean this:

Spoiler

Logo.jpg

Looks totally different from this:

Spoiler

Chrom.jpg

The only thing I can think of to explain the difference is that Naga worked some magic on the blade to restrengthen it, which changed its shape- but not altering it being originally forged in Thabes thousands of years ago with 100% Divinefangconinum. Even legendary weapons dull over a long time period- the Jugdrali ones did, and so did the Elibean ones. Marth's Falchion never got sealed either- why didn't it need it?

On 11/28/2017 at 10:28 PM, Arthur97 said:

Except the Fates characters don't know him. Nor does Lyn, and Celica oddly enough hasn't heard of him despite the very real possibility they are from the same world since they both lived at the same time.

Celica not knowing Marth seems fine to me. Assuming she got pulled into FEW from before she toured the finest shrines, ships, sands, and swamps in soulful sojourn of Valentia, Marth would just have finished his liberation of Archanea at best.

Trade does flow between Archanea and Valentia yes. But if we treat FE like the medieval European world it is supposed to be, there is no internet, the majority of people are highly localized illiterate peasants and unskilled laborers who have limited access to sources of news and knowledge about their own country, much less that of other distant continents. Not to mention it'd probably take weeks, if not months to get word of happenings from Archanea across the sea to Valentia. And the news would be likely be secondhand information or distorted in some way, not totally inaccurate, but not the same as if you went to the source. And why would Valentia care about what was happening in Archanea anyway? Since when was the last time Dolhr or Grust tried invading them? They don't have evil Manaketes to worry about, nor are beholden the Kingdom of Archanea as their holy superior. Marth's victory would be an interesting story to chat about, but no "hooray the world is saved!".

I'm not angry or anything, I'm just making a point that news doesn't flow as freely and be as available as people think it would in medieval worlds as those of FE. FE does polish things up a good deal (when was the last time you saw a character covered in scabies?) for modern sensibilities and idealization of the medieval past, but at the same time it operates in such a world frame however loosely. 

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Parallel Falchion I'd hypothesize was a reference to the Alterspire Falchion- since they're both from another world and are weaker than the "true" Falchion. SD was only two games old by that point, plus Awakening loves its references to past games.

Technically speaking, I wouldn't call Marth's Falchion "Exalted" in regards to his actual games themselves, since the First Exalt didn't come until much much later. It is the same Falchion as the one Chrom and Lucina use, but it clearly got overhauled sometime after Mystery (I guessing during the First Exalt's time).

I mean this:

Reveal hidden contents

Logo.jpg

Looks totally different from this:

Reveal hidden contents

Chrom.jpg

The only thing I can think of to explain the difference is that Naga worked some magic on the blade to restrengthen it, which changed its shape- but not altering it being originally forged in Thabes thousands of years ago with 100% Divinefangconinum. Even legendary weapons dull over a long time period- the Jugdrali ones did, and so did the Elibean ones. Marth's Falchion never got sealed either- why didn't it need it?

Celica not knowing Marth seems fine to me. Assuming she got pulled into FEW from before she toured the finest shrines, ships, sands, and swamps in soulful sojourn of Valentia, Marth would just have finished his liberation of Archanea at best.

Trade does flow between Archanea and Valentia yes. But if we treat FE like the medieval European world it is supposed to be, there is no internet, the majority of people are highly localized illiterate peasants and unskilled laborers who have limited access to sources of news and knowledge about their own country, much less that of other distant continents. Not to mention it'd probably take weeks, if not months to get word of happenings from Archanea across the sea to Valentia. And the news would be likely be secondhand information or distorted in some way, not totally inaccurate, but not the same as if you went to the source. And why would Valentia care about what was happening in Archanea anyway? Since when was the last time Dolhr or Grust tried invading them? They don't have evil Manaketes to worry about, nor are beholden the Kingdom of Archanea as their holy superior. Marth's victory would be an interesting story to chat about, but no "hooray the world is saved!".

I'm not angry or anything, I'm just making a point that news doesn't flow as freely and be as available as people think it would in medieval worlds as those of FE. FE does polish things up a good deal (when was the last time you saw a character covered in scabies?) for modern sensibilities and idealization of the medieval past, but at the same time it operates in such a world frame however loosely. 

Well, the hilt was explained as not actually being special, though I agree the blade itself looks different, but that is like saying Wind Waker can't be connected to OoT because their art styles differ. As for the hilt, I like to imagine it was broken when the first Exalt encountered Grima which caused the need for some work which meshes with your theory about the blade itself. 

As for Celica, the main thing for me is, she knows the name of the war. The very specific name of the war of which Marth was front and center. If she didn't name drop the war, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Not to mention she met the Whitewings who were veterans of said war.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

As for Celica, the main thing for me is, she knows the name of the war. The very specific name of the war of which Marth was front and center.

Well thats what I get for not actually playing FEW and knowing the details of what was meant. My bad.

The Whitewings I knew went to Valentia between games of course. I just never made the connection they could have informed her. So again, my bad.

Going from how Anna's missions are, they are perhaps the hardest missions since Secret Path Apotheosis (Awakening) and Lunatic/Classic Conquest (in general once you get past Chapter 11).  Together to the End and Invisible Ties aren't something to look down on, seems to me that the more units available, the harder things become later on at least in my opinion.  The Path Is Yours is a Pincer Escape, meaning that while you get stuck with three units on the initial run (as you'll get Anna after completing at least one of her missions), you aren't under as much stress.  The mission is to eliminate Ryoma and Xander (both are Lvl 88 and are a High Prince and Crown Prince respectfully), the other two major units that are present are Sakura and Elise (Lvl 88 High Priestess and Lvl 88 Strategist).  Mountslayer helps with the Nohrian duo and I would highly recommend maxing out the 'Fang' Crest (aka Chip Damage against guarding enemies) line to be completed due to how often enemies protect themselves.  True Power weapons are easily the best if not 240 base power Brave Weapons with Mountslayer to help remove Xander when the time comes.  Of course, considering the name of the mission, Wingslayer might come in handy as there are surely more than what meets the eye.  Skill-wise, Awakening and Astra are highly of use, Luna is a fine option for the twins as they can combo with more ease than Corrin can.  Additional skills that are handy are Live to Serve (as your main three can heal others which heals them), Trample (most enemies aren't mounted or flyers and every bit of extra damage helps) and Armored Blow (prevents enemies from interrupting your attacks).

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well thats what I get for not actually playing FEW and knowing the details of what was meant. My bad.

The Whitewings I knew went to Valentia between games of course. I just never made the connection they could have informed her. So again, my bad.

Judging from Palla and Catria's dialogue in Echoes when you first meet them (but can't recruit)...sometime either before or during Alm and Celica's adventures in Valentia, Palla, Catria and Est  were traveling across Alm and Celica's homeland.  During the trio's travels, Est was captured leading to the two older sisters searching throughout Valentia for their younger sister during which they meet Celica during her journeys.  The Whitewings are indeed from Archanea, however the Whitewings and Celica we have in Echoes aren't from the original timelines where Marth and Celica come from (Echoes being a remake of Gaiden and being somewhat of a similar-different timeline within the universe).  Echoes can be said to be Pre-Awakening, as we actually encounter Grima before the First Exalt slayed it (and temporarily put it down).  The Marth, Caeda and Tiki in Warriors all originate from Shadow Dragon (possibly by their appearances look far more updated from the original game), while Celica comes from Echoes (appearance, voice and all).  Assuming that the Awakening cast already knows about the Outrealm Gates thanks to the Anna from their own timeline (after all Anna shows up basically everywhere bar Gaiden/Echoes), those from Awakening might think that they're encountering the same Marth, Caeda and Tiki from back then.  They might not even know that they're encountering a completely different Marth, Caeda and Tiki.

Additionally, the Outrealm Gates in Awakening are accessed fairly early in-game sometime after visiting Fort Ferox for the first time which is before we get Cordelia, meaning that there's the chance that the Awakening cast might have already stumbled across legendary figures from other timelines/universes and simply struggle to distinguish the Marth, Caeda and Tiki that are currently with them from the same three that they've encountered in the Outrealm Worlds.  Frederick makes it rather clear that the Marth that helped save them not too long ago might come from an era before he officially earned the title, 'Hero-King'.  This is different as for those from Fates, the Outrealm Gates are accessible after the path split...and unfortunately, the Fates cast got dragged into Warriors before the path split even occurred so they don't know who everyone else is (after all we barely got to do anything before the path split in Fates).

Whilst we're on the subject of Anna missions, which one is the easiest?? I think I can eliminate The Path is Yours on account of it being a two armies mission...

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Whilst we're on the subject of Anna missions, which one is the easiest?? I think I can eliminate The Path is Yours on account of it being a two armies mission...

I would go with either the Awakening or SD ones.  You preference of characters may affect this. 

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

46 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I would go with either the Awakening or SD ones.  You preference of characters may affect this. 

I would recommend Lvl 99 promoted units with either True Power Uniques or Base 240 Braves for any Anna mission as the enemies take considerable less damage overall unless you hit them for bonus damage.  While Awakening's is easily one of the easier options (as it is perhaps the easiest thanks to Anna showing up early on not later when you're focusing on other enemies) as you have more units (bar Together to the End which allows all but Celica), Anna shows up not long after you clear the two forts on the bottom left and right corner of the maps.  She's Lvl 80-85 and fully promoted as an enemy, she has a Lvl 80 General and a Lvl 80 Swordmaster with her.  If you dawdle for too long, she'll summon her sisters to make your life a complete mess so have one of your playable characters reach her then use that character to defeat her quickly.  She's not too hard, her HP and Defense is fairly low so any physical attacker can best her, you can potentially 2-HKO her with someone like Rowan/Lianna or Chrom/Lucina while in Awakening if you have Awakening, Astra and Luna equipped.  Validar also isn't that hard either, with a paired up duo at Lvl 99 with either True Power or a Brave of 240 without penalties can knock him below 60% HP from full in one hit.  Keep Lissa at base though, enemies that target it are generally Lance-Users like Generals and Falcon Knights.  I also wouldn't opt for Cordelia or Frederick since there are a fairly good number of Snipers and Sages near most of the upper forts.  Defeat all the required designated enemies to reveal the Sage who's creating a Wall of Darkness shielding Validar, then defeat that Sage but be wary that during this time, enemies will be targeting both Ally NPC Chrom and the Ally Base once again.  Once Validar is disposed of, get one playable character to the left side of the map and two other playable characters to where Ally NPC Chrom and where the lower right base is, as you'll get three Shadow Robin's spawning there.  The Shadows take some time even in Awakening and they can easily take over a base in a few minutes or less.  Once all three are removed, Female Robin shows up.  She isn't a particular threat (read Validar's entry).  On the side note, enemy Tome and Sword users will target Chrom not long after the mission starts so...

I went with Lvl 99 Promoted...

Playable:

Lianna (240 Brave no penalty with Recover): Awakening/Astra/Luna/Sol/Armored Blow/Aegis

Chrom (True Power Falchion with Plateslayer and Dragonslayer): Astra/Luna/Pavise

Lissa (240 Brave/Topsy-Turvy no penalty with Recover): Astra/Luna/Skill +10/Live to Serve

Robin (240 Brave/penalty due to Wingslayer and Beastslayer): Awakening/Astra/Luna/Sol/Skill +10/Def +10

Allies:

Lucina, Rowan

3 hours ago, Emblem Blade said:

I would recommend Lvl 99 promoted units with either True Power Uniques or Base 240 Braves for any Anna mission as the enemies take considerable less damage overall unless you hit them for bonus damage.  While Awakening's is easily one of the easier options (as it is perhaps the easiest thanks to Anna showing up early on not later when you're focusing on other enemies) as you have more units (bar Together to the End which allows all but Celica), Anna shows up not long after you clear the two forts on the bottom left and right corner of the maps.  She's Lvl 80-85 and fully promoted as an enemy, she has a Lvl 80 General and a Lvl 80 Swordmaster with her.  If you dawdle for too long, she'll summon her sisters to make your life a complete mess so have one of your playable characters reach her then use that character to defeat her quickly.  She's not too hard, her HP and Defense is fairly low so any physical attacker can best her, you can potentially 2-HKO her with someone like Rowan/Lianna or Chrom/Lucina while in Awakening if you have Awakening, Astra and Luna equipped.  Validar also isn't that hard either, with a paired up duo at Lvl 99 with either True Power or a Brave of 240 without penalties can knock him below 60% HP from full in one hit.  Keep Lissa at base though, enemies that target it are generally Lance-Users like Generals and Falcon Knights.  I also wouldn't opt for Cordelia or Frederick since there are a fairly good number of Snipers and Sages near most of the upper forts.  Defeat all the required designated enemies to reveal the Sage who's creating a Wall of Darkness shielding Validar, then defeat that Sage but be wary that during this time, enemies will be targeting both Ally NPC Chrom and the Ally Base once again.  Once Validar is disposed of, get one playable character to the left side of the map and two other playable characters to where Ally NPC Chrom and where the lower right base is, as you'll get three Shadow Robin's spawning there.  The Shadows take some time even in Awakening and they can easily take over a base in a few minutes or less.  Once all three are removed, Female Robin shows up.  She isn't a particular threat (read Validar's entry).  On the side note, enemy Tome and Sword users will target Chrom not long after the mission starts so...

Playable:

Lianna (240 Brave no penalty with Recover): Awakening/Astra/Luna/Sol/Armored Blow/Aegis

Chrom (True Power Falchion with Plateslayer and Dragonslayer): Astra/Luna/Pavise

Lissa (240 Brave/Topsy-Turvy no penalty with Recover): Astra/Luna/Skill +10/Live to Serve

Robin (240 Brave/penalty due to Wingslayer and Beastslayer): Awakening/Astra/Luna/Sol/Skill +10/Def +10

Allies:

Lucina, Rowan

I beat the Awakening map with much less preparation. I think Lucina was the only one actually in the 80's at the time and I'm not sure if any of them had their full power weapons. That much preparations seems like overkill.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I beat the Awakening map with much less preparation. I think Lucina was the only one actually in the 80's at the time and I'm not sure if any of them had their full power weapons. That much preparations seems like overkill.

The only unit who actually was seriously overblown was Lissa, who did more damage than my Lianna on average (not helped that Lissa has more Strength than Lianna) against the same types of enemies.  I also didn't boost the passive crests that reduce damage past the third stage, so the level gap between my units and the enemies didn't mean much when I was taking a lot of damage off the bat during the mission.  I nearly lost Chrom when I sent him to clear the upper left forts and my Robin took nearly 40% damage upon fighting 3 Swordmasters at once not long after the fighting began.

If my units were as too over-prepared as what I think you mean, I should have been able to KO any non-Lance enemy Fort Commander in one Stun Combo with my Lianna which never happened (my Chrom came close though).  Also, weapon power doesn't factor into your NPC Character Allies (as in units that you set during battle preparation that you can command but can't use) so the only things that made a difference was the bonus damage and stats that they had.  Overkill isn't an issue in Warrior games, better to be over-prepared than underprepared if you are unsure about the scenario.  I'm already paranoid that encountering Enemy Anna made me remember how harsh Secret Route Apotheosis was with all the Snipers and Zerkers running around with Dragonskin, Hawkeye, Luna+, and Counter (that also activated on their turn).

5 hours ago, Emblem Blade said:

Playable:

Allies:

Lucina, Rowan

Aside from the general overkill nature of these preparations, this is assuming that I have the patience to wait until level 99 before doing this, which I do not (in fact, I plan on doing this with the relevant units around the 50-60 range).