How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

Dinar87

Remakes of Tellius  

201 members have voted

1. 1. How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

• Yes, I'd buy that!
    • Don't really care either way, more fire emblem is good.
    • Heck no!
    • Maybe Fe 9 and 10 separately?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are using the term "remake" too loosely. I'd be down for remaster, like some people mentioned. The only thing Tellius needs is skip enemy phase button and a slight graphical update. 

I'd prefer the full scale remakes be done for the japanese exclusive games first, I feel geneology of the holy war and tharacia776 would benefit greatly from a remake. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a binding blade remake, its also the most likely due to Roy's popularity. Although I feel the gba games still hold up today. Geneology and tharacia both have glaring flaws that could be ironed out with a remake.

A simple port of PoR and RD to the switch eshop would be perfectly fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly all the Tellius games need is a good Virtual Console re-release/remaster.

The main things I'd like to see would be:
-A way to skip or at least speed up enemy and ally phases.
-A redo on all the voice acting, other than the narrator, love that guy
-Correct the Radiant Dawn difficulty translation screw up.

Edited by DarkLordIvy

• 2 weeks later...

I would love for this to happen. Granted, I would like for the games we never officially received in America to be remade first, but I would be happy with this.

I would also be more than content with them being added to the switch as "Virtual Console" games. I never got to finish either of them and that would be more than enough honestly.

I would love to see remakes of FE9 and 10. The problem is that we would not likely see them for another 10 - 15 years. If Intelligent Systems is going to continue remaking older games they would definitely do FE4, 5, and 6 next. They also have to keep making brand new games as well. It sucks that FE 9 and 10 are hard to get your hands on but that's just how it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like everybody else is saying, not necessarily a remake, but a re-release, or at the very least a remaster. As much as I love the Tellius games, I think we can all agree that Jugdral is more deserving of a remake than Tellius. They're both still perfectly fine games.

I'd love Tellius remakes, although the story should be left intact (except maybe some more bonus scenes). Besides a graphical and voice update and faster paced combat animations, I also really want full supports for everyone in Radiakt Dawn. Their lack left old characters underdeveloped and new ones with less character period. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sure. I'd love it. Especially if they updated and redid some mechanics and characters. Things like re-adding cut supports and giving supports flat-out to RD. Buffing certain characters like Fiora. Not to mention a few more tweaks. A full-on update and the like instead of just a cut and dry port.

On 1/25/2018 at 10:52 PM, DarkLordIvy said:

-Correct the Radiant Dawn difficulty translation screw up.

that wasn't a translation error, that was them trying to be consistent to path of radiance's difficulty settings (PoR had no maniac and an even easier than normal setting), I'm pretty sure RD was the first fire emblem to have parity for both the japanese and international difficulty.

then they ruined it all by releasing awakening for the baka gaijin.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised these haven't gotten a VC release, considering Ike is apparently the most popular character in the entire series, the general sky high positive rep of these games, and the series being an all time high in terms of mainstream awareness.  This is easy money for Nintendo.  

On 11/25/2017 at 2:53 PM, BrandedCharmer93 said:

And full voice acting (GOOD voice acting) along with fleshed out support convos would be appreciated.

BUT! What if I hit her?!

On 3/15/2018 at 6:47 AM, Snowy_One said:

Sure. I'd love it. Especially if they updated and redid some mechanics and characters. Things like re-adding cut supports and giving supports flat-out to RD. Buffing certain characters like Fiora. Not to mention a few more tweaks. A full-on update and the like instead of just a cut and dry port.

Like make Mia actually better than Zihark? :P

Anyway, I'm going to echo the it should be lower on the priority chain. That said, I would absolutely love a remake. PoR is my favorite game, and RD is probably top 5, maybe third depending on the day. Even with that, I still have a laundry list of things I'd like them to rework, mostly balance and story stuff.

Mia is already superior to Zihark in both games, but that's for the tier lists, not here. If I had to make a list...

- Unbreakable weapons. This one really annoys me, especially now that both fates and Shadows showed it can be done without breaking the game balance. Maybe not things like the siege tomes, but certainly at least the mundane weapons.

- 1-2 range swords in PoR. Sword users really got the bad end of the stick. Not only were there a lot of lance users but swords didn't have a 1-2 range option. Give them some 1-2 range stuff so they can compete!

- In line with the above, rebalance the game a bit. Switch out some lances for some swords and axes. Put in a few more anti-horse weapons. Make Bows 2-3 range. Lop off that stupid light weight problem. General stuff to make it so that going mounted axes isn't the guaranteed best.

- 'Legacy mode'/'transfer mode'/whatever. A new mode for PoR, maybe even the default. Doesn't actually 'change' the game but, instead, when a character 'dies' they merely retreat and any bonuses, supports, and what-not from PoR get transferred over to RD. Maybe make the transfer bonuses a bit more potent as well, like merely promoting gives a unit a +1 to all stats in RD or something. But that's neither here nor there.

- 'Tower of the Goddess'. After beating the game the player can access a special mode in which they will start with all characters at level 1 and are tasked with climbing Ashera's tower, beating up foes along the way. At certain points (once every ten levels or so) they reach a boss/checkpoint which, if they clear, they unlock a stat-booster that can be used on all future playthroughs. Reaching 100 will give extra bonuses.

- Restore a lot of supports and endings. Yea. This one is pretty straight-forwards. Even if it's something just as simple as having Lethe head off with Ike on his journey if she A-ranked in both games it would be better than the slap-in-the-face we got with these RD endings.

Probably more, but I can't think of them ATM.

Honestly other than the disappointing battle animations, Path of Radiance is almost perfect.  It does not require a remake.  Perhaps remaster in HD, make the battle animations like the 3ds games, get an elite orchestra to do the soundtrack, add some more of those super HQ cut scenes and some more story expansion perhaps.  

Radiant dawn on the other hand.  This such an ambitious Fire Emblem, more so than any other since FE5 IMO.  I think it was rushed though, the parts are uneven, the balance has issues as well.  I think a remake could help this game which is good as is, but could be a master work that stands among the greatest games ever.  

I think the Japan only games, which are also much older, of course benefit the most from remakes and should get them first.  However down the line I'd love a Radiant dawn remake, and an HD remaster release of Path of Radiance.  

I'd say I'd REALLY want to buy a remake of either or both of these games. They are by far my favorite, and I had found that out when I had played them side-by side about a week ago.

I don't necessarily want a remake myself considering I own both games and think they both hold up well enough that they require no remake. 

But I do think the Tellius games deserve a remake because they rather tragically never got the recognition they deserved. This likely isn't caused by outright rejection, it would be weird if someone deliberately turned the other way when seeing things like ambition and the highlight of Fire Emblem storytelling. Ignorance of either its existence or its quality as well as the unfortunate release time and shoddy review work are more likely factors. A remake can help fix these factors. I'm also aware that I'm probably in the minority when I say I own both games. Gamecube games seem to be a lot harder to come by and for some reason Nintendo has been allergic when it comes to putting those game on the virtual console. Its very possible new fans are just dying to pick up the Tellius games but aren't able to get their hands on the games. 

I'd go with a remaster over a remake.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, Snowy_One said:

Buffing certain characters like Fiora.

Fiora's in FE7, not Tellius.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, Snowy_One said:

Things like re-adding cut supports and giving supports flat-out to RD.

They can't do that without messing around with the structure of the game. RD is not like PoR, where everyone joins and stays for the rest of the game. For example, Ilayna teams up with the Dawn Brigade in Part 1, and then leaves them for the Greil Mercenaries in Part 3. So, assuming we have PoR-style supports, she either has no supports for the entirety of Part 1 or she has a bunch of useless support(s) in Part 3. If they keep the "everyone can support with everyone else" system however, they're going to be generic because there's no way the team at IS are going to write a full set of supports for all possible support combinations.

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'd go with a remaster over a remake.

Fiora's in FE7, not Tellius.

They can't do that without messing around with the structure of the game. RD is not like PoR, where everyone joins and stays for the rest of the game. For example, Ilayna teams up with the Dawn Brigade in Part 1, and then leaves them for the Greil Mercenaries in Part 3. So, assuming we have PoR-style supports, she either has no supports for the entirety of Part 1 or she has a bunch of useless support(s) in Part 3. If they keep the "everyone can support with everyone else" system however, they're going to be generic because there's no way the team at IS are going to write a full set of supports for all possible support combinations.

Well it was the first game to do that. And they were super generic.