Jump to content
Dinar87

How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

Remakes of Tellius  

165 members have voted

  1. 1. How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

    • Yes, I'd buy that!
      110
    • Don't really care either way, more fire emblem is good.
      31
    • Heck no!
      9
    • Maybe Fe 9 and 10 separately?
      15


Recommended Posts

On 25/11/2017 at 11:55 AM, Dinar87 said:

Even though path of radiance is very old now, do people still want to see it remade eventually?

SNES FEs are "very old". Wouldn't even call the GBA games "old".

The games still hold to the day of today. It's not about their graphics, but that their gameplay definitely has something to offer. And to answer your question, I would guy them regardless whether or not they get remade. I reiterate, they aren't anywhere as old for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remake the games with a massive story expansion on Radiant Dawn with more scenes for the Dawn Brigade, and also show what Micaiah and any other people were been doing in during PoR's story line. I would totally not mind if I have an epic 70+hrs story of war and politics, because the Tellius games are clearly meant to be ambitious - the remake should push even further. (Besides, they didn't sell all that well originally, so there isn't really as much a need (from a financial point of view anyway) to walk on the proverbial eggshells for the relatively few previous fans anyway.)

Actually, such need for ambitious storytelling could really be said for a good part of Nintendo's franchises really.

Edited by henrymidfields

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, supports wouldn't be that hard to do. Just make it so that, upon reaching a certain level, an actual support talk scene can be seen in the base. If the player decides to have someone like Ilyana switch sides than the punishment is on their heads. It still beats the crud out of 'barely anyone gets any supports at all' and someone like Vika would be immensely greatful for even one convo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snowy_One said:

Well, supports wouldn't be that hard to do. Just make it so that, upon reaching a certain level, an actual support talk scene can be seen in the base. If the player decides to have someone like Ilyana switch sides than the punishment is on their heads. It still beats the crud out of 'barely anyone gets any supports at all' and someone like Vika would be immensely greatful for even one convo.

So you're suggesting everyone can support with everyone, but if certain plot relative characters support, they get an additional conversation? I can dig that. Could he especially amusing to try and discover all the supports as some characters who have nothing to do with each other also do support on occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, Snowy_One said:

If the player decides to have someone like Ilyana switch sides than the punishment is on their heads.

If you bother to actually play the game, you'll discover that it happens automatically, without the player getting a choice in the matter.

Quote

and someone like Vika would be immensely greatful for even one convo.

She does get one, in 1-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think it holds up really well as is, and for the most part it doesn't really need a remake. Maybe just a re-release? Overall Tellius remains immensely good in its current form. My biggest problem with it overall is actually FINDING a copy for anywhere near a reasonable price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want remasters. Playing these on the Switch with the user friendliness of the 3DS games would be incredible. Updated/new cutscenes and voice acting too, though I imagine the voice acting would only be for major scenes and not as prevalent as in SoV due to the huge scripts.

As far as gameplay I personally don't want/need many things updated. I'm fine with most things as they are, even RD's supports. Same for the story. I would like them to add more Dawn Brigade chapters though, and give Micaiah more endgame screentime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, eventually, down the line, in maybe 10 more years, yes I would absolutely LOVE an FE9/10 remake. But right now, I like the remake pace Nintendo and IS have been on. With 1, 2, and 3 down, I'm excited for the inevitable  FE4 remake.

Let Ike and his rag tag group of buddies be a gift to a generation that will only know Fire Emblem as the franchise where all the women look like Camilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I'm concerned, I would love to see FE 10 remake (my first and favorite FE). Be it a simple release once again with graphical update or a rebalance patch (won't start the debate on which character needs it or not, because Meg) I would definitely just buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A resolution/antialiasing upgrade, as well as adding a bit of voice acting/difficulty tweaks would be all it needed. Honestly, I'm fairly sure most folks will purchase it digitally simply because it's pretty much impossible to purchase and most do not own a Gamecube/Wii to play it on. The only reason I own both is that I had preordered them when I worked at a game store at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do we need one? The games have aged very, very well. I'd say Geneology needs a remake the most out of the series given how painful it is to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 12:24 AM, Arcphoenix said:

Why do we need one? The games have aged very, very well. I'd say Geneology needs a remake the most out of the series given how painful it is to play

Agreed. Even I don't feel we need a remake right now unless they add in some interesting new features and mechanics (Though I would probably buy it anyway). I'm more interested in a sequel to Radiant Dawn to finish the trilogy and tie up loose ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that if they were to be re-released, they should be a remaster, or at least released in the switch virtual console with updated graphics. I would buy it no matter what cause I  love tellius, but honestly the only problem with them nowadays is that there is no simple way to get them aside from emulation, so only a remaster for the switch would be fine already, they are really not like gaiden that a remake from the ground is needed as it was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, Xander said:

I'm more interested in a sequel to Radiant Dawn to finish the trilogy and tie up loose ends.

What loose ends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Direct Radiant Dawn sequel would be a terrible idea. No where you can really go after killing god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 12:24 AM, Arcphoenix said:

Why do we need one? The games have aged very, very well. I'd say Geneology needs a remake the most out of the series given how painful it is to play

I would imagine the fact that they tend to be hard to find, and when you do find them, they're for exorbitant prices (think somewhere in the vein of 100 dollars) online.

On 1/3/2019 at 6:51 AM, Xander said:

I'm more interested in a sequel to Radiant Dawn to finish the trilogy and tie up loose ends.

Um... what??? Because I don't know where the saga can go from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 11:04 PM, Junkhead said:

SNES FEs are "very old". Wouldn't even call the GBA games "old".

The games still hold to the day of today. It's not about their graphics, but that their gameplay definitely has something to offer. And to answer your question, I would guy them regardless whether or not they get remade. I reiterate, they aren't anywhere as old for that.

they are old though gba games are almost 20 years old almost fec 6 and 7 are what 17 and 16 years old by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would imagine the fact that they tend to be hard to find, and when you do find them, they're for exorbitant prices (think somewhere in the vein of 100 dollars) online.

Um... what??? Because I don't know where the saga can go from here.

 

On 1/5/2019 at 1:19 PM, NinjaMonkey said:

What loose ends?

It seems like I'm the only one who was interested in the epilogue from Radiant Dawn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, Jotari said:

Direct Radiant Dawn sequel would be a terrible idea. No where you can really go after killing god.

A game following Ike, Soren and Ranulf in a new continent could work for a sequel, or perhaps even their children with Ike, Soren and Ranulf as playable units. the world outside of tellius isn't very fleshed out and is filled with unknowns, so the possibilities are there (bear laguz), sure, if you want escalation that is pretty much impossible in fire emblem as a whole (killing multiversal threats is very tricky to top), but if you want closure on Ike's story that isn't unreasonable.

though I expect IS to really drop the ball on this one, especially with kids due to suddenly introducing a love interest for Ike being a very polarizing topic, I think they could make a few retcons to get someone we know out there with him, but that would be hard to pull off without burning someone and being reasonable, I know that if they got mia out there some would be really unhappy and elincia would make no sense at all, though the genealogy route isn't impossible either to do it organically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least, all Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn needs is a Virtual Console rerelease on the Switch eShop. Which can only happen in Nintendo actually gives a damn Virtual Console instead of the pathetic excuse of a replacement that is the Online Service.

If we were to get remakes tho, all PoR would really need is polished up graphics, full voice acting, being able to skip enemy phase, and maybe a few more support conversations for the characters, since there are some characters who only have like two or three supports at most. Maybe include the deleted support conversations like Ike x Zihark, Elincia x Jill, and so on. Other than that there's not much that needs to be improved in a PoR remake.

RD however, could definitely use some fixing up in a remake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

A game following Ike, Soren and Ranulf in a new continent could work for a sequel, or perhaps even their children with Ike, Soren and Ranulf as playable units. the world outside of tellius isn't very fleshed out and is filled with unknowns, so the possibilities are there (bear laguz), sure, if you want escalation that is pretty much impossible in fire emblem as a whole (killing multiversal threats is very tricky to top), but if you want closure on Ike's story that isn't unreasonable.

though I expect IS to really drop the ball on this one, especially with kids due to suddenly introducing a love interest for Ike being a very polarizing topic, I think they could make a few retcons to get someone we know out there with him, but that would be hard to pull off without burning someone and being reasonable, I know that if they got mia out there some would be really unhappy and elincia would make no sense at all, though the genealogy route isn't impossible either to do it organically.

Throwing Ike, Soren and Ranulf into a game ala Severa, Owain and Ingo, sure, no problem with that. Having a game focusing specifically on him, no way. Terrible idea. There's absolutely no need for it. Ike's story already had closure in Path of Radiance. Even giving him so much screen time in Radiant Dawn was uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Throwing Ike, Soren and Ranulf into a game ala Severa, Owain and Ingo, sure, no problem with that. Having a game focusing specifically on him, no way. Terrible idea. There's absolutely no need for it. Ike's story already had closure in Path of Radiance. Even giving him so much screen time in Radiant Dawn was uncalled for.

I think having Ike appear in another game that takes place in the Tellius world would work. If they went exploring and found a continent in the middle of another war, that'd be pretty cool. Of course, all three of them would probably be endgame pre-promotes or IS would have to make something up as to why would be less powerful. But I'm not sure I'd like the Severa, Owain, Inigo route. It was cool the first time, but beyond that it's going to feel like incredibly lazy writing. You know, give them an actual reason to be there that isn't "Oh, this god transported you to the realm."

Edited by DarthR0xas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graphically I can live with what we got, but gameplay-wise I feel that even though Radiant Dawn is possibly the biggest FE game, it actually needs some expansion to give the non-Ike factions more room to level up. Plus some proper supports to flesh out the new cast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

I think having Ike appear in another game that takes place in the Tellius world would work. If they went exploring and found a continent in the middle of another war, that'd be pretty cool. Of course, all three of them would probably be endgame pre-promotes or IS would have to make something up as to why would be less powerful. But I'm not sure I'd like the Severa, Owain, Inigo route. It was cool the first time, but beyond that it's going to feel like incredibly lazy writing. You know, give them an actual reason to be there that isn't "Oh, this god transported you to the realm."

I didn't mean literally changing their hair colour and teleporting to another world. I just meant them being there without being the plot focus. Like the way the Pegasus Sisters and Camus were handled in Gaiden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...