Jump to content
Dinar87

How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

Remakes of Tellius  

178 members have voted

  1. 1. How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

    • Yes, I'd buy that!
      116
    • Don't really care either way, more fire emblem is good.
      35
    • Heck no!
      10
    • Maybe Fe 9 and 10 separately?
      17


Recommended Posts

I think we all know the truth is Ike became Anri.

 

Tellius doesn't need a sequel, nor does Ike, nor Micaiah. And I like Tellius, if anything, I'd want a prequel set during the Tellius Continental War.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think we all know the truth is Ike became Anri.

 

Tellius doesn't need a sequel, nor does Ike, nor Micaiah. And I like Tellius, if anything, I'd want a prequel set during the Tellius Continental War.

Yeah, I'd rather see that instead of another Tellius sequel. Alternatively I'd also like a Greil/Zelgius centered prequel that leads up to the events of PoR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 9:29 PM, Jotari said:

Direct Radiant Dawn sequel would be a terrible idea. No where you can really go after killing god.

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Maybe you should put down the Awakening/Fates cartridge, replay the Tellius series and try to actively pay attention this time through. Ignoring all of the details (unintroduced characters, unexplored regions etc.) off the top of my head, the final cutscene from the Radiant Dawn story's secret ending did a fine job alluding to a potential sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Xander said:

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Maybe you should put down the Awakening/Fates cartridge, replay the Tellius series and try to actively pay attention this time through. Ignoring all of the details (unintroduced characters, unexplored regions etc.) off the top of my head, the final cutscene from the Radiant Dawn story's secret ending did a fine job alluding to a potential sequel.

Yeah, set like a thousand years later when all the cast members are dead, at which point what's even the point? Unless you're really attached to just Lehran (which admittedly I am) and maybe Kurthnaga, there's no real advantage to a sequel. It'd be a sequel in the same vein Awakening is a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem. In that it's not and connection to the prior game actually detracts from it. There is nothing in terms of narrative that warrants a sequel from Tellius. The reason some people want a sequel I think is because of the elements in its world. But IS could just as easily recycle those elements in a different world with more creative freedom.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, set like a thousand years later when all the cast members are dead, at which point what's even the point? Unless you're really attached to just Lehran (which admittedly I am) and maybe Kurthnaga, there's no real advantage to a sequel. It'd be a sequel in the same vein Awakening is a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem. In that it's not and connection to the prior game actually detracts from it. There is nothing in terms of narrative that warrants a sequel from Tellius. The reason some people want a sequel I think is because of the elements in its world. But IS could just as easily recycle those elements in a different world with more creative freedom.

I think I'd agree with this criticism. I've heard people say Mother 3 would be better off as not being called Mother 3. Why? Because there is next to nothing plotwise which actually carries over from the prior two games. It could keep the PSI and aesthetics and quirk without being tenuously bound to Mothers 1 & 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'd agree with this criticism. I've heard people say Mother 3 would be better off as not being called Mother 3. Why? Because there is next to nothing plotwise which actually carries over from the prior two games. It could keep the PSI and aesthetics and quirk without being tenuously bound to Mothers 1 & 2.

Porky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'd agree with this criticism. I've heard people say Mother 3 would be better off as not being called Mother 3. Why? Because there is next to nothing plotwise which actually carries over from the prior two games. It could keep the PSI and aesthetics and quirk without being tenuously bound to Mothers 1 & 2.

Mother 3 does have Porky and Mr Andonuts so there is more of a connection there, I do think if it was called something else there's a chance more people might have played it though. I've suggested it to some people and they've been interested, but that 3 in the title really makes it feel like the first two games should be played first. On the other hand Mother's a brand name, so maybe nobody would have played the game if it came out without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25-11-2017 at 3:55 PM, Dinar87 said:

Even though path of radiance is very old now, do people still want to see it remade eventually?

FE 9&10 are gems. No need for a remake. I am scared that they would ruin my nostalgia to those games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Truebladee said:

FE 9&10 are gems. No need for a remake. I am scared that they would ruin my nostalgia to those games

Don’t you at least want a VC rerelease that way more people can play them without having to resort to emulation or paying hundreds of dollars online?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gregster101 I get the impression it is more of a technical/financial concern holding them from releasing remastered/enhanced versions on Switch. It could be an issue from porting ATI/AMD based PowerPC architecture to Nvidia Tegra based ARM architecture to possibly other technical issues. It might also be financially motivated since it looks like NES VC is showing up with Nintendo's $20 online service.  I'm guessing Nintendo will slowly roll out other VC platforms like SNES and N64 titles at a fee. Prices would likely be set like indie titles. I do hope I'm wrong but it would make a lot of sense businesswise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FE9 and FE10 are my favorite in the series so i would for sure buy remakes. I personally dont need it as i have my original copies but i would always buy a Fire emblem game, doesnt really matter what it is, i even gave Warriors a chance knowing that hack and slash games are not for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 11:55 PM, Gregster101 said:

Yeah, I'd rather see that instead of another Tellius sequel. Alternatively I'd also like a Greil/Zelgius centered prequel that leads up to the events of PoR

A prequel would be perfect. There are those 4 generals of Daein thing, Greil/Zelgius story, more details to the medallion, Ike mother with the serenes. The game has a lot of backstory for a prequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be down for FE9 getting remade or at least a rerelease. I'm a bit more hesitant on 10 because I bought it this past summer and have played through it. A prequel game would be great though I don't know if the few odd events we want explored would be enough to warrant a new game in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think both could stand to be remade and be updated with QOL updates, I love both but they can be a little sluggish nowadays, the skip turn function introduced in Shadow Dragon would be a massive boon to the games alone. 

Also give us FE9 Maniac mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tellius is my favorite FE series. However I feel other games deserve the whole "Echoes" treatment first. With Tellius, it doesn't need a full remake, an HD or Remaster would do. Games like FE6 and the Judgral series deserve full remakes before Tellius for sure. At least we have Tellius legally worldwide. 

The graphics could simply be updated, but keep the same weighty animations and dynamic camera angles for fights. No weightless slow-motion stuff. 

 

Edited by Steinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I would choose to remake both FE9 and FE10 separately.

I want IS to re-imagine FE10 personally because I think that the Greil Mercenaries/Laguz take up too much time from the DB/new characters.

IMO, Ike's character development is done when Radiant Dawn starts so I find it better to focus on the newer characters.

Or if I had to be real ballsy and say that if they add the Avatar for both games, I'm wondering if IS will let us choose between the GM or the DB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fala said:

Personally, I would choose to remake both FE9 and FE10 separately.

I want IS to re-imagine FE10 personally because I think that the Greil Mercenaries/Laguz take up too much time from the DB/new characters.

IMO, Ike's character development is done when Radiant Dawn starts so I find it better to focus on the newer characters.

Or if I had to be real ballsy and say that if they add the Avatar for both games, I'm wondering if IS will let us choose between the GM or the DB.

What they really should have done was make Part 1 of Radiant Dawn it's own game. Give a game to the Dawn Brigade and a game to the Griel Mercs, then the third game in the trilogy would feature them facing off against each other and eventually uniting. It wouldn't feel like they're stepping on each others toes because we've already seen them in another context independent of each other. Though I think it's a bit late now for them to go down that route with a remake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they’re working on a 9+10 for the switch 

or at least 9, followed by 10 just a year after 

 

and hipefully they include the ike and Lethe support cut from 10 so more people see why I ship them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

I hope they’re working on a 9+10 for the switch 

or at least 9, followed by 10 just a year after 

 

and hipefully they include the ike and Lethe support cut from 10 so more people see why I ship them 

I totally agree here. That pairing was totally Canon! What better way to bridge the gap between beorc and laguz and their differences then to throw in a romance between them. Ike and Lethe could have struggled against the view of society and them not being accepted. Sorta like a Romeo & Juliet over arching theme but without the suicide at the end. Just a happy ending. 

It would have concluded nicely and even tied in with Micaiah since she was also a branded and could have even made more backstory available. I mean I questioned what was the significance in revealing Micaiah was branded other than making her have anxiety over acceptance if the truth got out. The potential that pairing could really have had huge ramifications on the plot. I feel with their personalities, Ike and Micaiah could have become friends over how they are. Ike being the type to accept all and Micaiah having anxiety over her blood. Lethe and her supports fleshed out her coming to accept beorc including her Jill support. But no Ike shipping was wasted potential. 

If this site allowed it I would have totally liked and thumbs up your post IEatLasers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

I totally agree here. That pairing was totally Canon! What better way to bridge the gap between beorc and laguz and their differences then to throw in a romance between them. Ike and Lethe could have struggled against the view of society and them not being accepted. Sorta like a Romeo & Juliet over arching theme but without the suicide at the end. Just a happy ending. 

It would have concluded nicely and even tied in with Micaiah since she was also a branded and could have even made more backstory available. I mean I questioned what was the significance in revealing Micaiah was branded other than making her have anxiety over acceptance if the truth got out. The potential that pairing could really have had huge ramifications on the plot. I feel with their personalities, Ike and Micaiah could have become friends over how they are. Ike being the type to accept all and Micaiah having anxiety over her blood. Lethe and her supports fleshed out her coming to accept beorc including her Jill support. But no Ike shipping was wasted potential. 

If this site allowed it I would have totally liked and thumbs up your post IEatLasers. 

Micaiah being branded was pretty crucial for setting up her powers as a descendant of Lehran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

I totally agree here. That pairing was totally Canon! What better way to bridge the gap between beorc and laguz and their differences then to throw in a romance between them. Ike and Lethe could have struggled against the view of society and them not being accepted. Sorta like a Romeo & Juliet over arching theme but without the suicide at the end. Just a happy ending. 

It would have concluded nicely and even tied in with Micaiah since she was also a branded and could have even made more backstory available. I mean I questioned what was the significance in revealing Micaiah was branded other than making her have anxiety over acceptance if the truth got out. The potential that pairing could really have had huge ramifications on the plot. I feel with their personalities, Ike and Micaiah could have become friends over how they are. Ike being the type to accept all and Micaiah having anxiety over her blood. Lethe and her supports fleshed out her coming to accept beorc including her Jill support. But no Ike shipping was wasted potential. 

If this site allowed it I would have totally liked and thumbs up your post IEatLasers. 

I’m just happy I’m not the only person who feels this way!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m just happy I’m not the only person who feels this way!! 

It was really heart warming to see the supports. Especially B rank when Lethe acknowledged Ike as a fighter training himself to reach new height. She mentioned not holding back. She pretty much acknowledged him right from when they first met at the battlefield of the castle during chapter 5 with the defend throne spot. It was kinda like love at first sight :wub:

So did you say something was cut from FE10? Did you remember what was said or what the cut content actually included? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I like how Ike is pretty much the only lord that ends up alone at the end romantically speaking, though I do like the idea of having another romance that could never be, as is the theme with Elincia and Ike. I feel it wouldn't be too farfetched that Lethe could have a crush on Ike, but would never sacrifice her powers to be with him. (Then add a Soren crush and watch Ike in the middle of all this being content as a single guy.)

But to get back on topic, I would love a port to switch with some updates (speed up the gameplay, supports for RD, balancing especially for mastery skills). But for a full remake I'd be too scared they would mess it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

It was really heart warming to see the supports. Especially B rank when Lethe acknowledged Ike as a fighter training himself to reach new height. She mentioned not holding back. She pretty much acknowledged him right from when they first met at the battlefield of the castle during chapter 5 with the defend throne spot. It was kinda like love at first sight :wub:

So did you say something was cut from FE10? Did you remember what was said or what the cut content actually included? 

We will never know, just that Ike and Lethe originally had supports in FE10 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, a remake no. But a remaster I could totally see. Just graphics a bit updated and maybe real supports in RD. 

 

But as for remakes, they should really do at least Genealogy first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...