• Lon'qu
    • Ricken
    • Gaius
    • Gregor
    • Libra
    • Henry
    • Nobody

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

This is one of the reasons I definitely enjoyed Echoes, since they do list most of everyone's age. Fun fact, Tatiana is 21 years old, and Zeke's internal data that wasn't used reveals that he's 29 in Echoes. So there's an 8 year age gap between then. 

Yeah, but in that case, they're both over 20. That's a bit different. Age gaps matter less the older the two people are.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but in that case, they're both over 20. That's a bit different. Age gaps matter less the older the two people are.

That's a matter of perspective, as if you reduce Tatiana's age by 5 years, you're against it. That isn't how it works. If you are insisting on the age gap being creepy, it applies to all cases. If Tatiana and Zeke are lovers and they are 8 years apart, then Lissa and Frederick really should not be bound by the same rules if by all rights in Awakening Lissa is perfectly eligible to marry at the age she is in, thus, it is the same.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's a matter of perspective, as if you reduce Tatiana's age by 5 years, you're against it. That isn't how it works. If you are insisting on the age gap being creepy, it applies to all cases. If Tatiana and Zeke are lovers and they are 8 years apart, then Lissa and Frederick really should not be bound by the same rules if by all rights in Awakening Lissa is perfectly eligible to marry at the age she is in, thus, it is the same.

That is how it works though. Because I'm saying the age gap makes it creepy when it involves someone under 18, aka a child. Lissa is under 18, so she is a child. Tatiana would be a child as well if you made her five years younger.

Edited by Anacybele

. . .I thought I said I didn't want a slapfight.

I see a slapfight.

So, if Frederick's too old for Lissa, that's your opinion.  If pairing Frederick with Lissa is fine, that's your opinion, too.  IMO it's irrelevant, because they're both video game characters.

I paired Lissa with Ricken, because why not?

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I paired Lissa with Ricken, because why not?

By coincidence what I did.

There is statistical optimization if that's an argument, and apparently if you want each child to be statistically optimal as possible Lissa x Ricken is pretty much ideal (unless you're going to use male Robin with someone).
That said I can't fault anyone for not caring about such. I sure didn't when I played Fates.

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .I thought I said I didn't want a slapfight.

I see a slapfight.

So, if Frederick's too old for Lissa, that's your opinion.  If pairing Frederick with Lissa is fine, that's your opinion, too.  IMO it's irrelevant, because they're both video game characters.

Yes. But how was that a slapfight? I didn't see either of us throwing back insults or anything. But sorry.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Some. Not a lot, really.

And that doesn't mean a 16 year old marrying a man over ten years older than her isn't seen as disgusting by most. I believe most cultures actually see that as pedophilia. most major ones anyway.

Pretty sure only some of the Western developed world would see it as such, and it only began to do so in the last 100 years or so. 

You may be right about Awakening burrowing stuff from today's society... Or rather Japan's current society, where the game is from. Pretty sure their age of consent is lower than 18...

Edited by ChickenWings

7 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

This is one of the reasons I definitely enjoyed Echoes, since they do list most of everyone's age. Fun fact, Tatiana is 21 years old, and Zeke's internal data that wasn't used reveals that he's 29 in Echoes. So there's an 8 year age gap between then. 

Sorry to butt in, but wasn't Tatjana 28 and not 21? I seem to remember she was listed as 28 years old initially. Maybe they changed it, I don't know.

EDIT: Never mind. She's listed as 21. What the hell is wrong with me?

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

You may be right about Awakening burrowing stuff from today's society... Or rather Japan's current society, where the game is from. Pretty sure their age of consent is lower than 18...

Yes, but I'd be surprised if they didn't at least look down upon someone in their late twenties having sex with a 16 year old. Also, Lissa can be married off before she's 16, no less.

Edited by Anacybele

The issue I see with Lissa x Frederick is less the age gap and more: there is no way in hell Frederick, in-character, is touching that relationship with a 10-foot pole unless he has Chrom's explicit and unequivocal blessing to go-for-it.

That's a problem. Not an insurmountable problem...but a problem...

Frederick's certainly not going to be the one to initiate that conversation with his liege-lord. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Honestly, aside from Lissa x Donnel...

I REALLY REALLY like Maribelle x Lissa. They're so cute together and their supports and conversations made my heart melt. It just seems like one of those pairings that I wouldn't be surprised if they came out as a couple, because it seems natural.

I married Lissa to Robin in my file too, so I guess you could say I like it but I also have a certain attachment to Lissa x Lon'qu.

1 hour ago, Doof said:

Honestly, aside from Lissa x Donnel...

I REALLY REALLY like Maribelle x Lissa. 

I have it in my head-canon that there's a Lissa x Maribelle x Donnel triangle option.

Both noble ladies are intrigued by this country bumpkin and pursue him. It starts as friendly competition.

...both noble ladies also happen to be very, very comfortable around each other...

Image result for well that escalated quickly gif

11 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

Pretty sure only some of the Western developed world would see it as such, and it only began to do so in the last 100 years or so. 

You could say that about japan, and you'd be wrong. In japan the marriageable age is 20, while in most of the rest of the world is 18. With parental consent though, the age is usually lowered, in japan being 16 for females and 18 for males, while in most states, and overall countries, it's lowered to 16 for everyone.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, but I'd be surprised if they didn't at least look down upon someone in their late twenties having sex with a 16 year old. Also, Lissa can be married off before she's 16, no less.

The age of consent in most countries in 16, not that you should be fine with that. Also in Japan is 13 if not specified in the prefecture (or something like that), which actually explains a lot about fates...

Now in topic, I ship her with Lon'qu, aside from being kind of similar in body type, his class and outfit are from a foreign reign which is strange for a member of the royal family. Also, as other have said, Lon'qu blocking an arrow for Lissa in their A-support (not even in the s so it's canon) fits perfectly with Owain's father blocking the arrows not only in their support, but in the original timeline too.

18 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Other fun fact, Palla is only two years older than I am. Only another year and then my own personal weirdness is no longer in the way...

While on the subject, Jedah(100+, I forget the exact age) compared to his playable daughter(like 25) is either revolting or intriguing depending on your perspective.

Honestly, I pair Lissa with Stahl simply because I paired Chrom with Sully. Christmas Knights deserve royalty.

On 11/26/2017 at 6:46 PM, Florete said:

Maribelle.

I was going to say the same thing. Maribelle, though obviously you can't do S supports that way. I paired her with Ricken, I think. 

Lon'qu/Lissa because of interconnecting supports between Lon'qu/Lissa and Owain/Father.

Henry/Lissa (and Libra/Lissa to a lesser extent) because of Fates, and how Owain's a Dark Mage in that. There's even some references to Henry in Ophelia's supports.

I want to like Robin/Lissa, but there's too much against it happening. Namely plot inconsistencies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I always thought Vaike and Lissa do pretty good couple, and I'm not saying that because I may or may not have accidently let it happen. I also like the irony, since Vaike is Chrom's rival.