Persona 5 Mafia - Game Over

SB.

my last posts must have sent out of order, i seem to be having net issues and i posted those three very close to each other

i ALSO realize i've been calling sully 'scully' on accident whoops lmao

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the sheep is scummy and i'm waiting for a response to my question
what i do largely depends on that and what happens next but i'm worried about a few things i'm not gonna elaborate yet

not to mention his reason behind the sheep is flimsy because it has happened more than once with different people in the game so far

If people start calling me "Scully" I'll begin to think I'm a gangster.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

@sully; there are a few people sheeping (copying) another person's vote. Can you tell me what you make of their thought processes?

Right now, there's hardly any material to go off of. There's even less suspicious material, so I'm not surprised that a lot of people are piggybacking (I guess I should say "sheeping") on somebody else's vote. I know that it's scummy, but do people have much of an option right now? 

13 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

@Prims Its a joke about how traumatized Refa was with being scumbuddies with Michelaar in Heroes mafia.

Fair enough. I thought it was semi-serious and something had provoked it since you posted it after Refa started engaging with the thread instead of posting it in your first post.
Why do you not think Ken is scum? It's not his vote we were suspicious of, it's the way he reacted to Refa's. I'm not bugged by his actual vote.

38 minutes ago, Quote said:

prims's response to mack RVS vote was weird because i thought it was just an RVS vote (albeit worded in a bad way i admit but i don't see how it's much different from when i vote on ed1 gut vibe despite prims not posting yet)

I also thought it was an RVS vote but I sometimes go into games with blatantly silly thoughts like "lol I bet the mod handpicked player X as scum because arbitrary reason Y" so I was curious what he'd say if pressed on it.

I actually don't think the initial Mack case is particularly strong because... he could have just thought "oh I bet Prims is scum for no reason", not taken his gut read seriously but decided it was good enough for a RVS vote, thus making it a gut read and joke vote simultaneously. Voting him over his Michelaar vote makes a little more sense after his response to BBM, though. Mack, can you elaborate more on why you think Michelaar's post is scummy?

Sully is reading very much like a newb in general and I'm not sure if it's scum newb or town newb yet. Straight up admitting to trying to blend in is hmmm though - if you're town it's more important to find scum than blend in, whereas for scum it's most important to blend in and not get lynched. But I think this is the result of a newer player thinking blending in is something both alignments do (hence admitting it) so I'm not scumreading the admission. I get Refa's case but I think the difference between Sully's posts so far and the scumteam in Kemono Friends Mafia is that the scum there were actively engaging in the thread and posting opinions but just scared to vote and draw attention, whereas Sully seems completely clueless so far. (Actually Baldrick already explained this more succinctly than I did.) I'd like to see how Sully adapts as the day goes on more before considering lynching them.

What bugs me most about Ken right now is that for all his bluster about not wanting to post reads this early, he completely ignores everything that isn't addressed to him and doesn't explain what he thinks about the cases that are apparently not worth agreeing with from his PoV. I'm good leaving my vote down here.

Shinori, what makes the Ken case RVS shenanigans but not the Mack case?

18 minutes ago, Quote said:

sully do you have any reads on anyone right now 

I know there's not much material to go off, but either make your best guess or question someone to try and get more material. As I said before, weak reads don't bother me, but not having any reads or making any effort to get them bothers me.

Prims, what are your thoughts (if any) on Marth outside of the question directed at me?  I'm weirdly ambivalent on him, so it'd be nice to get a second opinion here.

I pushed post too early.

It's entirely possible at least one person who's piggybacking off other cases is scum trying to fly under the radar. Based on what information you have, who is the most likely culprit?

1 hour ago, Refa said:

I'm not bothered by Mackc2 making a weak vote, but I don't like how he agreed with BBM's rebuttal to his Michelaar case and then proceeded to leave his vote there anyways without updating his read at all.

Prims needs to come back.

##Unvote

##Vote: Mackc2

18 minutes ago, Prims said:

I actually don't think the initial Mack case is particularly strong because... he could have just thought "oh I bet Prims is scum for no reason", not taken his gut read seriously but decided it was good enough for a RVS vote, thus making it a gut read and joke vote simultaneously. Voting him over his Michelaar vote makes a little more sense after his response to BBM, though. Mack, can you elaborate more on why you think Michelaar's post is scummy?

To both of these I placed my vote because I was only skim reading and I missed the part where Michelaar stated their reason, BBM corrected me however I have kept my vote on him for two reasons, 1- I want to hear more from them, they have made a single rather bare bones post and I will keep it there to encourage a bit more from them and 2. I am really struggling to find any scum reads like Ken is sus but they have enough pressure on them my one vote wouldn't change much so I would rather put it somewhere where it might 

I think the case behind Mack is the strongest right now. The fact that Mack suspects Michelaar for something so small, when Michelaar has a bit of a reputation for looking guiltier than he is, is slightly off-putting. Imagine the following scenario: Mack is scum, and Mich isn't. Mack knows that Mich often comes off as guilty when he's usually just a townie, and is going for what seems like an easy prey. Mack presumes that, if pushed, Mich will make a mistake (as he has in the past) that will make him a prime lynching target. In order to push Mich, Mack votes him for an exceedingly small reason. 

And since it seems like nothing's happening with kersch, I suppose:

##Unvote

##Vote: Mackc2

Playing league and trying to get caught up on pages 3/4.

But in response to prims:

I felt that the post Ken made on day 1 wasn't that bad. It seemed just like poor play, there aren't really that many people who play mafia who are going to legitmately panic over a random vote on page 1 of a thread.  When I read the interaction between Refa/Ken I honestly felt they were both kind of just joking around, thought they knew each other or something.

Whereas Mack posted in response and gave two clashing points for the reason of his vote(At least in my opinion they were clashing) I don't feel you can have a gut read on someone but call it a random vote.  I mean I guess maybe he was trolling?  But at that point in time it was weird to me.

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

To both of these I placed my vote because I was only skim reading and I missed the part where Michelaar stated their reason, BBM corrected me however I have kept my vote on him for two reasons, 1- I want to hear more from them, they have made a single rather bare bones post and I will keep it there to encourage a bit more from them and 2. I am really struggling to find any scum reads like Ken is sus but they have enough pressure on them my one vote wouldn't change much so I would rather put it somewhere where it might 

Fair enough on this.  What do you think about the votes on you?

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

Prims, what are your thoughts (if any) on Marth outside of the question directed at me?  I'm weirdly ambivalent on him, so it'd be nice to get a second opinion here.

The most irksome thing about his content so far is that he votes Bart for sheeping when without Bart's sheep he'd be doing the same thing but on the Mack wagon instead. What makes Bart's sheep particularly bad? The Bart vote seems lazy since he's not really asking for more out of Bart.  Before you asked me this I was neutral on him but this bugs me now that I take another look at it.

I'm posting in a bit but lol.

The difference between me possibly voting Mack and Bart voting Ken is obvious. 

Ken had 3 votes before Bart voted him. Mack only had 1.  I don't see how 4 votes on an ED1 wagon should be considered normal?

So I wrote that last post before I saw Mack's post. I still believe what I wrote, though, and nothing in Mack's post really disproves it. I guess what I'm asking is: does anybody else think Mackc2 could have been targeting Michelaar based off of previous games' results? 

I just remember that in the Kemono Friends game, somebody mentioned something about Michelaar having been a townie who gave off bad vibes and got mislynched in the previous three games. Then he got mislynched in that one too.

I feel like Sully is being setup to be lynchbait, just by general thread flow.  Like the way people are pressuring him, along with him admitting to attempting to blend in, and just the whole effort he's making in trying to understand the thread. I don't have time to explain this so remind me when I'm back but I wouldn't lynch here.

If the reason for voting Ken is his reaction, then I'm not bothered by Ken at all? Like that is his personality, I haven't talked to him a lot but I've played with him in a couple of games and seen postgame stuff. In general he's pretty silly and aggressive and more of a brawn over brains guy.

I like Baldrick's posts so far. @Baldrick what are your thoughts on the rest of the players?

I gotta mention, Bartozio has been mislynched in all the three games that he has played on here, so I'm pretty paranoid about it. That said,  why would you leave his sheep vote alone? This slot needs to be presured at the very least, like how is his vote townie in any way? There's resistance to my read but no explanation for that so ???

I don't really like Mack's vote on Mich because it isn't pushing the game anywhere. He knows of mich's playstyle so this looks p scummy.