Weapon Refinery: Favorite Enhances

Lord_Grima

So, with the new update and the Weapon Refinery out(maybe not yet in all areas), I want to know what are your favorite buffs/enhances/forges you have found. If it is OP, or just funny, please share! 

So far I really like:

Lucius - Pain+ == Either Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff built into the weapon.
Eldigan - Mystletainn == Grants Fury 3 built into the weapon. (Fury 3 + Fury 3 = +6 to all stats, -12 HP after combat. wow.)
Berkut - Berkut's Lance+ == Adds +3 more Res when attacked for a total of +7 Res. Add the +4 Res option to have a +11 Res when attacked. Do you fear the Prince of Darkness now?
Nowi - Lightning Breath+ == If attacked at range, Nowi deals damage against the foe's lower stat(Def or Res). 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Lucius - Pain+ == Either Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff built into the weapon.

Nowi - Lightning Breath+ == If attacked at range, Nowi deals damage against the foe's lower stat(Def or Res).

For the record, those aren't unique to those characters. All staff weapons get the same enhancement options and anyone with Lightning Breath+ can get that boost, too.

Lyn's Sol Katti gets Desperation at < 75% (up from 50%) and a Brash Assault effect also at < 75% despite BA 3 being < 50%. So that's pretty sweet.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

For the record, those aren't unique to those characters. All staff weapons get the same enhancement options and anyone with Lightning Breath+ can get that boost, too.

Lyn's Sol Katti gets Desperation at < 75% (up from 50%) and a Brash Assault effect also at < 75% despite BA 3 being < 50%. So that's pretty sweet.

I figured, but those are the characters that I have, so that is what I saw. 

Lyn is looking really powerful now. I've heard people wanting to put Vantage on her, but I'm curious how Wrath + Sol Katti+ would work.

• Zanbato+ gets Beorc's Blessing.
  • Deathly Dagger - foes using magic cannot counterattack.

This update is really making older units better/ more viable. I love it.

Edited by Lord_Grima

Any breath user gets the targets lowest defensive stat.

• Light Breath: Grants +5 Atk/Spd/Def/Res to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn
  • Dark Breath: -7 Attack & Speed to target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions
  • Hauteclere: Slaying Weapon + Wo Dao (I wish I promoted my Michalis)
  • Build in Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff 

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

If Zanbato+ got Beorc's Blessing then I don't even want to think about which weapon got Sacae's Blessing. 

If Keen Wolf tomes get the same bonus as Zanbato+, then they're definitely going to keep Blade tome cavalry in check. For those unaware, Zanbato, Ridersbane, and presumably the Keen Wolf tomes can get the ability to ignore cavalry buffs. I would assume the upgraded Hammer, etc get the same boost against Armor.

Has anyone seen a compiled list of boosts anywhere? I guess I can track down as much as possible

Here's an interesting one... Light Breath...

After combat Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn... 

That's like ... +25 Atk for a bladetome user lol.

Edited by ExKalibur

My favourite is probably Eldigan's since it makes him great, now he can use DC without issue.

Lightningbreath+'s is pretty neat too. Not sure if I want to give ATiki +2 ATK or +4 DEF.  The latter seems really fun but more attack is probably more useful in the long run.  Same goes for Fae but with RES.

I also really want to know the Keen Wolftome upgrades but because it takes Wolf+ -> Keen wolf+ in addition to the upgrade on the keen wolf+, we might not know until the upgrade materials are actually out (I really want to put it on my Soren)

also B U I L T I N W R A T H F U L S T A F F

I forgive all of my colorless hell pitybreakers

1 minute ago, Sayyyaka said:

My favourite is probably Eldigan's since it makes him great, now he can use DC without issue.

Lightningbreath+'s is pretty neat too. Not sure if I want to give ATiki +2 ATK or +4 DEF.  The latter seems really fun but more attack is probably more useful in the long run.  Same goes for Fae but with RES.

I'm giving my ATiki more Def since she'll already be hitting the lower of Def/Res on ranged enemies, and if you're running Bonfire on her (like I am) then the +4 Def is +2 damage anyway whenever that triggers.

11 minutes ago, Johann said:

If Keen Wolf tomes get the same bonus as Zanbato+, then they're definitely going to keep Blade tome cavalry in check. For those unaware, Zanbato, Ridersbane, and presumably the Keen Wolf tomes can get the ability to ignore cavalry buffs. I would assume the upgraded Hammer, etc get the same boost against Armor.

Has anyone seen a compiled list of boosts anywhere? I guess I can track down as much as possible

That's quite the buff they've given to the anti-cavalry weapons. I honestly thought that it would just be a simple might boost. 

Although I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed that they gave Dark Breath a -7 atk/spd debuff but not Clarisse's Bow.  At least it now targets both the target and enemies within 2 spaces of the target. 

Edited by tobuShogi

Dragon targeting the lower of Def/Res sounds good for them. Since unlike every other unit type up to this point, they could only target one damage reduction stat- Armors and Fliers had Seasonal tomes and Horses had permanent tome users. It also makes mixed tanks better and lets dragons have a niche as both physical and magical. Plus it references FE3, FE7, and SoV a little, where dragons just ignored Def/Res completely.

And I think we just found a solution for the Light Brand! DC + this Def/Res targeting property should make magical physical weapons as close to what is expectably possible (as in no range 2 except on counters). You can come on out Leif! I'm awaiting for you! Nanna, Narcian, get your Runeswords ready! Dew can get the Wind/Sonic Sword. Petrine the Flame Lance.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'm mostly hopeful that my +ATK Merric can be great with Dark Excalibur. Not sure if 47 ATK (running Fury, gives him 35 SPD and 31 DEF, it's nice) is good enough even with Moonbow, but maybe.

And Eldigan's Missiletainn getting Fury... maybe he could run Life & Death with it? Could that work?

Also, Light Breath+ looks so good. Hopefully my Ninian can make good use of it, since +5 to everything for everyone in 2 spaces INCLUDING NINIAN sounds really good. Might make running her with my Nino a cool thing to try.

Finally, Berkut's Lance+ sounds quite good. Good thing he's getting a rerun in December!

On 11/28/2017 at 1:09 AM, tobuShogi said:

That's quite the buff they've given to the anti-cavalry weapons. I honestly thought that it would just be a simple might boost. 

Although I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed that they gave Dark Breath a -7 atk/spd debuff but not Clarisse's Bow.  At least it now targets both the target and enemies within 2 spaces of the unit. 

The jump from Wolf to Keen Wolf is a mere +2 Atk, unfortunately, but I'm confident that Keen Wolf tomes' will carry over the anti-buff thing Zanbato has. Just to clarify, only one choice for Zanbato gives it the anti-buff effect.

Spoiler

Typing a quick list of stuff I've found for stats

Edited by Johann

Wrathful staff upgrade is my No.1 favorite, now my +Spd Bride Lyn is going to tear the world apart. Damage immunity (during player phase) and doing colorless magic damage....OH BOI I'm getting too excited about this.

Also I like how Hauteclere is now a Legendary Slaying Wo Dao Axe. Minerva is going to enjoy this a lot (time to change Luna to Moonbow).

Ridersbane sounds even better for Effie. Now she can take on a lot of Horses without too much trouble in Armor Emblem.

I'd be happy about Jaffar's upgrade but...well he became fooder a long time ago.

The Sol Katti upgrade is pretty cool, and will be the first legendary weapon I upgrade. I didn't expect that kind of skill. The staff weapon upgrade is also interesting, the combination of the b skills will be handy, I have a Bride Lyn that I might eventually upgrade.

The Hauteclere upgrade also looks good, but whether or not I upgrade that depends on how rare the materials are.

I do wish the stat boosts were a little different for each legendary weapon to tie them in with the originals a little more.

15 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Assassin's Bow becomes Guard Bow which is basically a Distant Def 3 on a bow, and that's pretty hawt

I just imagined H!Jakob with that bow on a Ward Armors team and I shivered. With the Close Def seal, he'd effectively have 42/51/50 defenses when attacked on top of Wary Fighter.

• Silver Sword+    Stats only
  • Slaying Edge+    Stats only
  • Wo Dao+    Stats only
  • Armorsmasher+    Special option: Ignores armor buffs (unconfirmed but likely)
  • Zanbato+    Special option: Ignores cavalry buffs
  • Sol Katti    Desperation 3 effect. Special option: Brash Assault, but activates at 75% and lower.
  • Mystletainn    Special option: Fury 3 (yes, more Fury)
  • Slaying Hammer+    Special option: Ignores armor buffs (unconfirmed but likely)
  • Legion's Axe+    Target and foes within 2 spaces are hit with Panic effect
  • Carrot Axe+    Restores 4 HP after any combat
  • Melon Crusher+    Stats only
  • Lilith Floatie+    Stats only
  • Hauteclere    Special option: Grants +10 damage on specials
  • Silver Lance+    Stats only
  • Slaying Lance+    Stats only
  • Slaying Spear+    Special option: Ignores armor buffs (unconfirmed but likely)
  • Ridersbane+    Special option: Ignores cavalry buffs
  • Berkut's Lance+    Grants Res+7 when unit is attacked
  • Carrot Lance+    Restores 4 HP after any combat
  • First Bite+    Def/Res+5 for unit and allies within 2 spaces after battle
  • Deft Harpoon+    Stats only
  • Siegmund    Hone Atk 3 effect. Special option: Follow-up attack when HP is 90% or higher 
  • Bolganone+    Stats only
  • Fenrir+    Stats only
  • Rauörowl+    Stats only
  • Keen Rauörwolf+    Special option: Ignores cavalry buffs
  • Tomato Tome+    Stats only
  • Rexcalibur+    Stats only
  • Gronnowl+    Stats only
  • Keen Gronnwolf+    Special option: Ignores cavalry buffs
  • Green Egg+    Restores 4 HP after any combat
  • Hibiscus Tome+    Stats only
  • Dancer's Ring+    Stats only
  • Spectral Tome+    Target and foes within 2 spaces are hit with Panic effect    
  • Thoron+    Stats only
  • Blarowl+    Stats only
  • Keen Blarwolf+    Special option: Ignores cavalry buffs
  • Blue Egg+    Restores 4 HP after any combat
  • Blessed Bouquet+    Def/Res+5 for unit and allies within 2 spaces after battle
  • Sealife Tome+    Stats only
  • Dancer's Score+    Stats only
  • ALL BREATH UPGRADES    If foes range = 2, damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def/Res
  • Flametongue+    Stats only
  • Lightning Breath+    Stats only
  • Light Breath+    Grants all stats +5 buff to unit and all allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn.
  • Dark Breath+    Target and foes within 2 spaces hit with Atk/Spd-7 after combat
  • Silver Bow+    Stats only
  • Slaying Bow+    Stats only
  • Guard Bow+    Upgrading to Guard Bow+ grants Distant Def effect, but no other upgrades are known at the moment
  • Clarisse's Bow+    Atk/Spd-5 for target and enemies within 2 spaces after battle
  • Cupid Arrow+    Def/Res+5 for unit and allies within 2 spaces after battle
  • Refreshing Bow+    Stats only
  • Monstrous Bow+    Target and foes within 2 spaces are hit with Panic effect
  • Fujin Yumi    All options change Pass into "If unit's HP is 50% or above, unit is not slowed by terrain". Special option: If unit's HP is 50% or above, unit can move adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces.
  • ALL DAGGER UPGRADES    Debuff effect hits target and all enemies within 2 spaces.
  • Silver Dagger+    Stats only
  • Smoke Dagger+    Inflicts all stats -6 on target and foes within 2 spaces
  • Rogue Dagger+    Def/Res+6 to user and all allies within 2 spaces
  • Seashell+    Stats only
  • Dancer's Fan+    Stats only
  • Deathly Dagger    After combat, deals 10 damage to target and foes within 2 spaces of target. Also inflicts Def/Res-7 through their next actions. Special option: Foes using magic cannot counterattack.
  • ALL STAFF UPGRADES    Choice of Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff effect

A few notes:

• All weapons get the ability to enhance stats in one of 4 ways, the amount of which depends on whether they are melee or ranged, and may have their Atk increased.
  • All melee weapons except the Silver ones get their Atk brought up to 14 after refining, whereas Silver weapons get a base Atk of 16
  • Melee weapons get to choose between HP+5/Atk+2, HP+5/Spd+3, HP+5/Def+4, or HP+5/Res+4
  • All ranged weapons except Silver ones and Rexcalibur, Fenrir, Thoron, and Bolganone get their Atk brought up to 12 before refining, whereas Silver weapons and those tomes get brought up to 14
  • Ranged weapons get to choose HP+2/Atk+1, HP+2/Spd+2, HP+2/Def+3, or HP+2/Res+3
  • Unique weapons (ie: Fujin Yumi) and certain specific inheritable weapons (ie: Armorsmasher) get an extra unique 5th upgrade option which consist of useful effects instead of stat upgrades (melee weapons will still gain HP+2 when picking these unique options).
  • All weapons with buff/debuff/status after attacking will affect both the unit/target AND the area around them after refining (except Breath of Life effects)
  • All weapons that have added effects that only activate when initiating will now activate after any combat after refining (except Breath of Life effects)
  • Weapons with effective damage (except bows) gain the ability to ignore buffs as a special option

I whipped up a spreadsheet with full tables showing all upgrades available for download: Weapon Refinery.xlsx

Edited by Johann

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dragon targeting the lower of Def/Res sounds good for them. Since unlike every other unit type up to this point, they could only target one damage reduction stat- Armors and Fliers had Seasonal tomes and Horses had permanent tome users. It also makes mixed tanks better and lets dragons have a niche as both physical and magical. Plus it references FE3, FE7, and SoV a little, where dragons just ignored Def/Res completely.

And I think we just found a solution for the Light Brand! DC + this Def/Res targeting property should make magical physical weapons as close to what is expectably possible (as in no range 2 except on counters). You can come on out Leif! I'm awaiting for you! Nanna, Narcian, get your Runeswords ready! Dew can get the Wind/Sonic Sword. Petrine the Flame Lance.

The issue before is actually the paradox where you want to hit most 2 range target physically with dragons. 

Anyway Michalis is the big winner for me. QP Glimmer/Moonbow seems monstrous. If hes an infantry hed have Steady Breath Bonfire meme so thank god for that not existing

@Johann do you need to up into armorsmasher first to see if they had extra effect?

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner