Weapon Refinery: Favorite Enhances

Lord_Grima

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Which would be a better upgrade for Berkut’s Lance, +Spe or + Res? While +Res sounds nice, with +Spe and Speed+3 Sacred Seal, he reaches 28 speed before cavalry buffs, which doesn’t sound too bad

28 base Speed means that he'll hit 34 Speed with Hone Cavalry, which is. . .okay, if you're going for an off-tank.  I'd rather buff his defensive power, since I think is Speed is a lost cause.

I'm really enjoying Pain+ at the moment, I'm just working on getting the refining stones I need to give it the dazzling effect. My first batch went to upgrading my Sheena from a Killer Axe to a Slaying Axe, which was a great decision. 

I do have a dilemma with what to do with my Ninian. She has both Lightning Breath+ and Light Breath+, and I'm not sure which one to use when I have the resources to upgrade her. I know that as a dancer she doesn't attack much but that Light Breath buff is gorgeous, especially since I use her with a bladetome user.

1 minute ago, kirauza343 said:

I do have a dilemma with what to do with my Ninian. She has both Lightning Breath+ and Light Breath+, and I'm not sure which one to use when I have the resources to upgrade her. I know that as a dancer she doesn't attack much but that Light Breath buff is gorgeous, especially since I use her with a bladetome user.

I would go with Light Breath since Ninian is not going to be doing much killing unless she is highly merged.

8 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I'm really enjoying Pain+ at the moment, I'm just working on getting the refining stones I need to give it the dazzling effect. My first batch went to upgrading my Sheena from a Killer Axe to a Slaying Axe, which was a great decision. 

If i understood it correctly upgraded Light Breath also activates now if she is attacked (not only on attack), so thats somethign to consider

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

If i understood it correctly upgraded Light Breath also activates now if she is attacked (not only on attack), so thats somethign to consider

I noticed that as well.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Light Breath since Ninian is not going to be doing much killing unless she is highly merged.

I think that's what I'm leaning towards. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

On thinking it over, I have a suspicion the buff won't trigger if Ninian doesn't get a chance to attack (i.e. is attacked at range without Distant Counter) because other weapon-based effects only occur if the user attacks or counterattacks (Rogue Dagger immediately comes to mind).

I whipped up a spreadsheet with full tables showing all upgrades available for download: Weapon Refinery.xlsx (also available on my big first page post)

edit: Later tonight, I'll create a comprehensive Weapon Refinery thread so you won't need to download a table if you don't want to. This'll help in case there are unique findings and future weapons added too

Edited by Johann

4 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Is there any information regarding upgrading the Killer weapons to Slaying weapons?

Costs 20 Refining Stones and 200 Arena medals, and the unit getting the upgrade needs to have Killer [weapon]+. Be warned, if you upgrade the Killer [Weapon]+ to Slaying [Weapon]+ and then try to give it to someone else via inheritance, they will need the regular Slaying [Weapon] somehow or else they won't be able to receive Slaying [Weapon]+.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

On thinking it over, I have a suspicion the buff won't trigger if Ninian doesn't get a chance to attack (i.e. is attacked at range without Distant Counter) because other weapon-based effects only occur if the user attacks or counterattacks (Rogue Dagger immediately comes to mind).

A recent reddit thread confirmed this. Someone who'd tried it posted. 

Strongly considering a Smoke Dagger+ for Felicia. At first I would've thought Rogue Dagger+, but I think Smoke would be better since it hits enemy Spd too, and cripples Blade tomes. I tend to launch Felicia into mage armies and keep others away so the Rogue buff would be wasted. Rogue Dagger+ would make more sense if I kept a Bladetome user near her I guess.

Can we talk about how NONE of the weapons of the Askr trio can be forged?

What about how Sieglinde, literally the same weapon as Siegmund but on a far less combat-oriented unit, did not get the forge treatment while Siegmund gets boosted both in going from HA2 to HA3 and also allowing guaranteed follow-ups at 90% hp on a combat-oriented unit.

Falchion, LITERALLY THE FACE OF FIRE EMBLEM, gets nothing either.

Also I'm disappointed it took this long for Fujin Yumi to get it's actual passive effect instead of that horrible Pass effect.

24 minutes ago, Johann said:

but I think Smoke would be better since it hits enemy Spd too, and cripples Blade tomes.

It doesn't, though. Bonuses and penalties take up different "slots", and only positive bonuses count towards Litrblade's effect. If a Litrblade user has +6/6/6/6 in bonuses and -6/6/6/6 in penalties, the final total is 6 (actual Atk bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Atk bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Spd bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Def bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Res bonus) - 6 (Atk penalty) = 24 Atk for a total of +24/0/0/0.

Which is only somewhat better than being hit by +30/6/6/6 and nowhere near crippling.

If you want to cripple, you use Panic+ instead.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

Given the fact that we will be getting Fire, Wind and Earth legendary heroes, I suspect their upgrades will happen later.

I'm not sure if the implication is that the Askr trio are the Legendary Heroes or we'll get to forge the weapons when we get those 3 Leg Heroes, but I'd have expected some sort of upgrade to the 3 sooner given how... honestly kinda crap their weapons are.

That's "crap" compared to most other weapons available now, even weapons that were available since start.

I decided to give my fae the +res lightning breath upgrade since she's -res.  I'm still figuring out what to do for Michalis.   Wrath is a pretty good skill but he already kills most stuff with ignis so the extra damage may just be overkill and it might be better to go for one of the stat boosts instead.  

Also I really hope Cymbeline gets added to the forge soon.  The weapon could really use a buff.

I'm putting the +def option on Beruka's Slaying Axe for my first forge upgrade. Truly the flying fortress. Just being able to upgrade her Killer Axe for basically free was worth the forge update already. I think +res Lightning Breath for my -res Fae and +spd Melon Smasher on my +spd S Tiki are probably next up.

I'm kinda torn on what my first legendary upgrade will be. I want to see Takumi doing teleport memes with his upgrade, but mines a middling +def -res one. Or I might go for Fury 6 for my +spd -res Eldigan.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

With Wrath you can trigger Ignis more often... or just switch bonfire given wrath compensate for lesser damage and use it every single turn.

I assume he's talking about the Wo Dao effect on Hauteclere. Michalis cannot learn Wrath because he is a flying unit.

I'm actually not sure who to give my first enhancement to since all of the weapons that I really want to upgrade require Dew.

1. +Def/-Atk Femui: My original blue tank before B!Lucina eclipsed her. The mass-debuff on Dark Breath+ is absolutely fantastic, but I'm not sure which stat boost to give her. +Def would make her even tankier, but +Spd would give her 37 Spd, which would prevent a lot of units from doubling her.
  2. +Atk/-Def Summer!Xander: I don't really use him all that much, but I'm short of green melee units. I'm leaning towards +Atk to complement his boon and Fire Boost, but +Def would be good too.
  3. +Spd/-Res Y!Tiki: I can't decide between Atk, Spd, or Def.
  4. +Atk/-HP Fae: Really have no idea which upgrade to give her.