Future Legendary Heroes

Arthur97

So, we know that there will be more legendary heroes, but what form do you think they will take? Will they be only original characters, or will we get pre-existing characters as well? If we do, will they be special variants of ones we already have, or new additions? It might give them a way to add stronger characters like...beard mage from SD (was his name Athos?) or Basilio (?) and maybe even final bosses (legendary villains?).

This new term pains me, I hate calling them 'heroes' and not units...

Anyway, my guess? They'll be either new Heroes OCs or ones we've already seen. I'm almost surprised the Askr trio, or at least the siblings, aren't legendary heroes, if only to keep them relevant. CYL Alfonse when?

I always wanted to see Gangrel with his Levin Sword. Maybe add Wolfskin/Kitsune/Taguel, etc? I would like to see new unit types.

if they balance out the inheritance and stats, then they could probably add the children, at least some of the popular ones. Maybe release a special version of the Askr trio.

4 minutes ago, Christactics said:

I always wanted to see Gangrel with his Levin Sword. Maybe add Wolfskin/Kitsune/Taguel, etc? I would like to see new unit types.

if they balance out the inheritance and stats, then they could probably add the children, at least some of the popular ones. Maybe release a special version of the Askr trio.

Uh, they've already started with the children. At least the Fates kids.

11 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Since Laevatein is the second princess of Muspell, I wonder if the first princess will be our fire legendary hero.

I actually came here to say that it wouldn't surprise me if Laevatein turned out to be our fire hero. Maybe Bruno will be air and Veronica earth or something. 

Of course it's more likely that we'll get some new OC's to fill the roles. Gotta get us to work (pay) for dem blessings.

Edited by Thane

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I actually came here to say that it wouldn't surprise me if Laevatein turned out to be our fire hero. Maybe Bruno will be air and Veronica earth or something. 

Of course it's more likely that we'll get some new OC's to fill the roles. Gotta get us to work (pay) for dem blessings.

I may never actually use a blessing due to the permanent nature of them.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I may never actually use a blessing due to the permanent nature of them.

I'll give my Tiki any Defense buff she can get. She's at 41 now, with Steady Breath too. With Lightning Breath++ she'll get 50 Defense in the enemy phase, but that's just not good enough.

Edited by Thane

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'll give my Tiki any Defense buff she can get. She's at 41 now, with Steady Breath too. With Lightning Breath++ she'll get 50 Defense in the enemy phase, but that's just not good enough.

I'm going to give my +atk,-spd ATiki the might buff. Combined with vantage and fury, she will be an even bigger threat now.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm going to give my +atk,-spd ATiki the might buff. Combined with vantage and fury, she will be a even bigger threat now.

A fellow man of culture, I see. You walk the path of the attac dragon, I walk the path of the protecc dragon. Two halves of the same whole.

16 minutes ago, Thane said:

I definitely think Laevatein is the most likely candidate for the fire Legendary Hero- it's probably going to be someone from Muspell either way. 

My guess is new OCs for the the two remaining element. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I actually think we'll be getting at least one Blessing for free alongside a free copy of a Legendary Hero, like what they did with Fjorm this time.

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

I definitely think Laevatein is the most likely candidate for the fire Legendary Hero- it's probably going to be someone from Muspell either way. 

My guess is new OCs for the the two remaining element. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I actually think we'll be getting at least one Blessing for free alongside a free copy of a Legendary Hero, like what they did with Fjorm this time.

Didn't the Fjorm trailer say she'd only be available during Legendary Hero summoning events, and that the next time was scheduled for mid/the end of December? Hmm. Might be too early for Laevatein to change sides by then.

53 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Uh, they've already started with the children. At least the Fates kids.

I forgot all about the Children of Fates banner when I wrote this...

oh well, one thing scratched off my wishlist.

43 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Since Laevatein is the second princess of Muspell, I wonder if the first princess will be our fire legendary hero.

I can also see Fjorms older sister as one too Laevatein is a sure thing since she parallels with Fjorm.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

31 minutes ago, Thane said:

Didn't the Fjorm trailer say she'd only be available during Legendary Hero summoning events, and that the next time was scheduled for mid/the end of December? Hmm. Might be too early for Laevatein to change sides by then.

The December Legendary Hero could be a different element: Earth or Wind rather than Fire.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

The December Legendary Hero could be a different element: Earth or Wind rather than Fire.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If our fire hero does turn out to be a Fire Nation princess, then we'll probably get her later.

47 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I'd love to see what "Legendary Heroes" they come out with. It'd be cool if Laevatein was one of them, but I'd like to see some classic characters too.

I get the feeling that the Legendary Heroes are going to be exclusively OCs considering they're not being added to the general summoning pool, but I could be wrong.

I could definitely see Fjorm's sister as the air hero ('cause water+air=ice if we go by Naruto rules lol).

Also, this is totally an opportunity to finally introduce us to/give us Zacharias! I'm thinking earth for him; fire will probably be a turncoat from Mispel, could very well be the first princess indeed in a kind of Guinevere twist, yup, seems legit right?

17 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

I get the feeling that the Legendary Heroes are going to be exclusively OCs considering they're not being added to the general summoning pool, but I could be wrong.

That's my guess, as well.

I also think it's worth expecting that Fjorm's availability through the story will be a special case, and that most if not all future Legendary Heroes will only be available through summoning. Sort of like CYL, just without the choice: get one of these super-powered heroes free at 5*, but for the others, you'll have to spend orbs. I could be wrong, but I'd rather be surprised for the better than for the worse, and I think the odds of them continuing to be this generous are pretty low.

6 minutes ago, Dogla said:

I could definitely see Fjorm's sister as the air hero ('cause water+air=ice if we go by Naruto rules lol).

Also, this is totally an opportunity to finally introduce us to/give us Zacharias! I'm thinking earth for him; fire will probably be a turncoat from Mispel, could very well be the first princess indeed in a kind of Guinevere twist, yup, seems legit right?

The thing about Zacharias/Bruno is that his iconic weapon so far is ice magic. So I could see him as a second water hero in the future if they start doubling up after covering all four elements, but giving him a different element would seem a bit odd.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The thing about Zacharias/Bruno is that his iconic weapon so far is ice magic. So I could see him as a second water hero in the future if they start doubling up after covering all four elements, but giving him a different element would seem a bit odd.

Oh yeah, I totes forgot about the whole Zacharias=Bruno-but-also-maybe-not-or-maybe-we-just-playing-you-ha-ha-situation. Gonna have to read up again on that one.

Besides, on topic, I'd find it quite weird if only OCs would be legendary heroes as "Legendary Hero-King" literally has it all in the name.

3 minutes ago, Dogla said:

Oh yeah, I totes forgot about the whole Zacharias=Bruno-but-also-maybe-not-or-maybe-we-just-playing-you-ha-ha-situation. Gonna have to read up again on that one.

It was confirmed in the last main story chapter that they're the same person, Zacharias was just an alias for Prince Bruno when he fled to Askr.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

I also think it's worth expecting that Fjorm's availability through the story will be a special case, and that most if not all future Legendary Heroes will only be available through summoning. Sort of like CYL, just without the choice: get one of these super-powered heroes free at 5*, but for the others, you'll have to spend orbs. I could be wrong, but I'd rather be surprised for the better than for the worse, and I think the odds of them continuing to be this generous are pretty low.

I know it's optimistic to think they'll keep being this generous but my line of thinking is that if they want us to use this blessing system they'll give us at least one of each element. Which can only be done if they give us a free Legendary Hero according to them. You could be right, though I hope it's not the case.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

The December Legendary Hero could also just be Fjorm again.

Because winter. The southern hemisphere doesn't exist.

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

also think it's worth expecting that Fjorm's availability through the story will be a special case, and that most if not all future Legendary Heroes will only be available through summoning. Sort of like CYL, just without the choice: get one of these super-powered heroes free at 5*, but for the others, you'll have to spend orbs. I could be wrong, but I'd rather be surprised for the better than for the worse, and I think the odds of them continuing to be this generous are pretty low.

I really hope they don't do that. It would feel really scummy, imo. (especially if they use story OCs) It would be painfull if someone joined you during the plot, but then the game expected you to get them randomly. I expect that they will instead do what they  are doing for fjorm: give you aditional blessings if you summon more copies of her, and making blessings otherwise limited as an incentive to summon more of her (and optimal play will require at least 3 blessings). This is a good balance, IMO