My Sense of the Timeline mess/headcanon/Morgan Explained

We start with Timeline A. This one is the one where Chrom was betrayed by Robin, then Lucina lived an awful life, a stone was shattered, and she went to Timeline B with her squad. Grima followed her. This world either fell into darkness or revived after Grima left.

Timeline B: A few changes happened here.

-Robin has dreams and visions of Grima's past memories. This allows him/her to alter fate.

-Lucina helps Chrom and squad

-While Grima is in the world, Risen spawn. With Risen roaming the world years prior to when they started roaming in Timeline A (in Timeline A, risen didn't exist until Grima was Awakened), Chrom and fam are able to gain more experience and forge closer bonds, making them stronger.

-Thanks to those 3 factors Chrom and co are able to kill or pacify both Grimas from Timelines A&B.

Timeline C: The Future Past Timeline: This is a failed Timeline B. In this timeline Grima was able to kill Naga and Chrom after Chrom's falchion was Awakened. (but Naga's spirit remained so Tiki could become new Naga). With Naga gone, Grima became extra powerful. Naga of timeline B warped Chrom in to save this timeline. I don't know what made this timeline fail.

Morgan: There is much debate where Morgan comes from, due to her/his sibling remembering her/him. The best answer that I can think of, is when a person goes outside of their timeline they get memories from their self who is in the timeline. We know this because Robin got memories from Grima. My guess is that the siblings never actually knew Morgan, because in Timeline A Morgan never existed. Robin never got married and they had a random Father (or mother in Lucina's case). The reason they remember the avatar as their parent or Morgan as their sibling is because their future (maybe unborn) self in timeline B is messing with their memories. Morgan exists in Timeline C, because Timeline C is just a failed Timeline B. That's my theory anyways. Thanks for reading.

Interesting. I'd like to point out that Future Past, as far as I can tell, is set later than Base Timeline - not one of the parent characters are alive, and logic says the Shepherds were gradually killed off after Robin slew Chrom, which Grima also alludes to as a past event. Also, Lucina performs the Awakening during the final scene of Future Past 3, meaning that, since she still has her Parallel Falchion during the level, either Chrom's Falchion was never Awakened or Lucina's Falchion can still be Awakened despite having the rite already attempted on it, which I thought I read wasn't possible but I may be wrong.

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Interesting. I'd like to point out that Future Past, as far as I can tell, is set later than Base Timeline - not one of the parent characters are alive, and logic says the Shepherds were gradually killed off after Robin slew Chrom, which Grima also alludes to as a past event. Also, Lucina performs the Awakening during the final scene of Future Past 3, meaning that, since she still has her Parallel Falchion during the level, either Chrom's Falchion was never Awakened or Lucina's Falchion can still be Awakened despite having the rite already attempted on it, which I thought I read wasn't possible but I may be wrong.

Then maybe Grima took down Chrom right before he was able to perform the Awakening. Maybe Timeline C is Timeline B where Robin still got possessed by Validar and killed Chrom.

Future Past guarantees all of the children's existence, even if the parent that sires them is dead in your game before you start it and can't produce them. I don't think it has any possibility of being a secondary outcome.

Fates' DLC also makes note of the fact that the timeline the kids came from is actually revived by Anankos (sort of) upon Inigo's, Severa's and Owain's request. Best guess on that is that Grima chasing Lucina and co through time left the world it terrorized alone and gave it chance to heal. Anankos merely provided graves and flowers in an otherwise barren wasteland for those that died to protect those they loved.

14 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also, Lucina performs the Awakening during the final scene of Future Past 3, meaning that, since she still has her Parallel Falchion during the level, either Chrom's Falchion was never Awakened or Lucina's Falchion can still be Awakened despite having the rite already attempted on it, which I thought I read wasn't possible but I may be wrong.

I'm going to operate on the simpler assumption that IS didn't want to suddenly enable Lucina to use the plain old sealed Falchion. Hence they gave her the Parallel even though it should be identical to Chrom's adjective Unawakened version.

I have my doubts about the canonicity of Future Past. Not to say it doesn't exist now, but that it didn't exist when the game was first made. The First Series of Awakening DLC- the EInherjar plus Grinding was ready with the base game. But the Second Series: Scrambles, the super challenges, and Future Past, might not have been in the heads of the developers when Awakening was released. If there is evidence that FP's plot was on the drawing board when Awakening was first released, then it is "naturally canonical" and not "retconical canonical".

What do I mean by this exactly? If FP didn't exist at all when Awakening was first released (it wasn't "naturally" there), then Morgan's existence was not made with FP in mind at all, and thus using FP to explain Morgan is bound to result in some problems. If FP did exist upon original release, then Morgan being explicable via it is going to be easier.

FP is canonical now, even if it doesn't fit into the way Awakening operated before it existed. And so are Grima's origins added in SoV for another example. They didn't used to be because they didn't exist, but now they are in spite of whatever issues may arise from adding them (not that adding origins to Grima creates any problems- Grima was blank slate- you can't mess that up). This is what I mean by "retconical", even if it retcons nothing.