Fire Emblem 4 - Frozen Lord Glitch

Erick

The Frozen Lord Glitch has happened in my playthrough. I had no idea that this existed. I guess I will have to restart the chapter...

Oh well, such is life. I just wanted to upload this image that I find really funny. You can see that half of Seliph's sprite is inside the map and the other half cannot be seen on the screen. I cannot even select him since he is not in a map tile. This happened because I saved during the chapter and then got back, hoping that it would be fixed. The cursor does not reset to Seliph at the start of each Player Phase when this glitch happens, it instead appears at the top-left corner of the map. Turns out the game really thinks he is there.

Frozen Lord Glitch

Edited by Manstein

2 hours ago, X-Naut said:

This looks similar to the dismounting glitch that can happen in Binary. Were you using the dismount command?

Well, I did. You have to dismount for the Frozen Lord Glitch to occur. However, you do not even need to dismount and wait. I had dismounted by accident, but mounted back without ending my action. That was already enough to trigger it.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:28 AM, X-Naut said:

This looks similar to the dismounting glitch that can happen in Binary. Were you using the dismount command?

It's the same glitch. It just almost never happens in vanilla because there is very little reason to ever dismount. The only two theoretical advantages are immunity to horseslayers and changed movement type, but celice has horseslayer imunity via nihil anyway, and the only time foot units move faster is in desert, and the only time desert shows up in gen two is right at the begining of chapter 7, when almost no one will have promoted seliph. Bianary turned dismounting from a easter egg into a heavily used mechanic, which made the bug a lot more frequent and obvious. THe LP i read of bianary actualy had this glitch happen to aideen right before the end of gen one, which he then went on to complete with no future ill effects (he did so by dismounting, using the fact that bianary lets foot units move over cliffs, and and remounting to sieze velthomer without ever agroing reptor. Doing so skips the entire battle of brahara cutscene, and is only doable in vanilla using the rescue/guard glitch.) Lp can be found here:  https://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-4-Binary/Update 14/