Keeping Up with Fire Emblem these days...

Sentacotus

Now I very much realize that this might be because I'm out in the real world adulting, paying bills and rent, and working a job during the week but anyone else feel like Fire Emblem is a bit hard to keep up with these days?  I mean I still love it don't get me wrong but it seems like every time I turn around there is a new character announced for Heroes or something that I have never heard of.  Its kinda like with how Pokemon was to me after like the 4th gen I just lost track (hell I don't even know what gen they are on now).  Anyone else run into this?

Pokémon is on gen 7.

I feel the same way too. I got Echoes as a gift 2 months ago and I'm still in the prologue. Also back to Pokémon, in Ultra Sun I'm still on the first trial and I got the game at launch.

It's mostly just Heroes that I can't keep up with. And that's because my tolerance and patience for same-y gacha stuff is very low. 

Everything else I can generally keep up with, though it's not exactly a lot to keep up with. 

Yeah... I'm just picking and choosing at this point.

Heroes? No thanks. Warriors? Nah! Echoes, I'll get it when I have money again! I'm starting to feel like, if it's not like a main series thing and it doesn't hold my interest then I could spend my money on something else. I haven't even finished Fates yet... I beat Conquest and Birthright but I have a few chapters left of Revelations that I have to get back too.

But yeah as for Pokemon... I feel like it's been a bit of a mess lately. I hope they get their shit together for Gen 8 on the Switch.

I don't have trouble keeping up with it but I haven't been 100% dedicated to the series either. Didn't buy TMS or Warriors (not having a WiiU/Switch is relevant, but I wasn't terribly interested either way), and it took me forever to complete the main campaign of SoV despite buying it at launch. Heroes is pretty easy to keep up on, and I'll likely get a Switch when the next Fire Emblem launches.

Edited by NekoKnight

2 hours ago, PersonWithTime said:

Yeah... I'm just picking and choosing at this point.

Heroes? No thanks. Warriors? Nah! Echoes, I'll get it when I have money again! I'm starting to feel like, if it's not like a main series thing and it doesn't hold my interest then I could spend my money on something else. I haven't even finished Fates yet... I beat Conquest and Birthright but I have a few chapters left of Revelations that I have to get back too.

But yeah as for Pokemon... I feel like it's been a bit of a mess lately. I hope they get their shit together for Gen 8 on the Switch.

Same here. I feel that Heroes and Warriors are there just because. (if that makes sense)
Have Echoes now and play everyday which is good. Will eventually get Awakening and If later this year. But I've always been against spin-offs and phone games, even I'm a big fan of the series.

But to answer the OP's question, besides the most recent titles which I don't plan on getting, it hasn't been too bad all things considering.

Well, there's nothing much new for Warriors, so there's that.  The first DLC pack for that game supposedly comes out this month, but that was known for some time.  We even knew about the contents of the three known packs for some time.  That being said, I don't think there's been an update on when the specific dates are, which is kind of strange.  I keep up with that because I intend to get it when I get a Switch, which will probably be around Christmas time.

I vaguely know about the new things going on with Heroes.  I dropped that game months ago.  I only know either because the Heroes threads sometimes get busy all of a sudden or because the Serenes Forest main page has an article about the newest thing.

There's not much else going on with FE, to be honest, so anyone "out of the loop" is really not missing much..  Not until we hear more about FE Switch, anyway.  I don't keep up with the rumors about that game much; I just know about that one leak, but I don't really get involved in the banter on it much.

Hard to keep up with...?

That's, I'm sorry, but that's the silliest notion ever in regards to this series.

You don't need to keep up with Heroes or Warriors, those are side games. And there's literally nothing to keep up with that warrants such feelings in regards to those series.

The latest main entry game that wasn't a remake came out almost two years ago and Echoes came out in May, almost 7 months ago. If you want to keep up with main fire emblem stuff, that's all there is to it.

8 hours ago, Doof said:

Hard to keep up with...?

That's, I'm sorry, but that's the silliest notion ever in regards to this series.

You don't need to keep up with Heroes or Warriors, those are side games. And there's literally nothing to keep up with that warrants such feelings in regards to those series.

The latest main entry game that wasn't a remake came out almost two years ago and Echoes came out in May, almost 7 months ago. If you want to keep up with main fire emblem stuff, that's all there is to it.

Fair enough i know they are side titles and all but for example Reindhardt was announced for Heroes and a bunch of people flipped out and liked the guy and i'm just sitting over here wondering where he came from. I do own echoes, warriors,and heroes along with all of the other titles back to FE7 maybe its just me gaming less in general.

Heroes is the only thing that gets constantly updated, and I always have my phone with me so it's easy for me to keep up with; I also have more fun with Heroes than I did Echoes (worst game tbh) so I have no desire to keep up with Echoes. And with my class schedule, when I get home I'm normally to tried to play one of the mainline games and phone is nearby.

22 hours ago, albert said:

Same here. I feel that Heroes and Warriors are there just because. (if that makes sense)
Have Echoes now and play everyday which is good. Will eventually get Awakening and If later this year. But I've always been against spin-offs and phone games, even I'm a big fan of the series.

But to answer the OP's question, besides the most recent titles which I don't plan on getting, it hasn't been too bad all things considering.

I mostly wanted Heroes just because they give voices to old characters... and I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff. But my phone's a brick and wouldn't let me play without updating, but there wasn't any room left on my phone, now it's been months and I sorta don't care. For Warriors... I may sound shallow but I prefer Female Robin and Male Corrin, and the game chose the opposite of what I like so I just don't have any interest now. Maybe I just like Pokemon and Mario spin-offs? Never been much for the Zelda spin-off camp, so I dunno.

I do know I need to get Echoes though! If I hadn't spent all my money on Christmas gifts.... maybe I should have nudged my boyfriend in the direction of the game.... either way, I'll get it soon and you bet your ass I'm getting FE Switch as soon as it comes out!

On 12/4/2017 at 7:09 AM, LordOTaco said:

Fair enough i know they are side titles and all but for example Reindhardt was announced for Heroes and a bunch of people flipped out and liked the guy and i'm just sitting over here wondering where he came from. I do own echoes, warriors,and heroes along with all of the other titles back to FE7 maybe its just me gaming less in general.

Reinhardt is from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, also known as Fire Emblem 5, a very old game. Short of wanting to revisit games of yore, you don't really need to worry. I'm the same when they announce characters from old games I haven't played yet :p

On 12/4/2017 at 7:09 PM, PersonWithTime said:

I mostly wanted Heroes just because they give voices to old characters... and I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff. But my phone's a brick and wouldn't let me play without updating, but there wasn't any room left on my phone, now it's been months and I sorta don't care. For Warriors... I may sound shallow but I prefer Female Robin and Male Corrin, and the game chose the opposite of what I like so I just don't have any interest now. Maybe I just like Pokemon and Mario spin-offs? Never been much for the Zelda spin-off camp, so I dunno.

I do know I need to get Echoes though! If I hadn't spent all my money on Christmas gifts.... maybe I should have nudged my boyfriend in the direction of the game.... either way, I'll get it soon and you bet your ass I'm getting FE Switch as soon as it comes out!

Female Robin and Male Corrin ARE in the game. You have to unlock them and they are not present in Story Mode, but honestly? Story Mode is like 20% of the game, and the bulk of the game is in History Mode, where you unlock Male Corrin and Female Robin, so yeah...

Of course, you DON'T have to play Warriors. It might not even be your cup of tea, but Female Robin and Male Corrin are in the game, is all.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:14 AM, Doof said:

Female Robin and Male Corrin ARE in the game. You have to unlock them and they are not present in Story Mode, but honestly? Story Mode is like 20% of the game, and the bulk of the game is in History Mode, where you unlock Male Corrin and Female Robin, so yeah...

Of course, you DON'T have to play Warriors. It might not even be your cup of tea, but Female Robin and Male Corrin are in the game, is all.

Yep! I knew they were like unlockable and stuff, but I was mostly thinking about story mode. Didn't know story mode wasn't a large part of the game though, so that is a positive. Maybe I'll play it if I get it as a gift or something :P

I'm gonna be honest, I really really don't like Female Corrin and her being on the cover is keeping me away from the game. Oh It's completely irrational! I am fully aware of that. But I can't help my insanity.