How would one go about getting the dracoshield from Desaix?

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

It seems pretty much impossible to do at this point In the game, but is there anyway to get him to drop it?

Nope, you have to kill him.

Tobin as a mage can be a nice helping hand however.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Nope, you have to kill him.

Tobin as a mage can be a nice helping hand however.

Well, I knew you have to kill him, should have said how someone could do that.

why Tobin? Would kliff as a mage do well?

Well, I knew you have to kill him, should have said how someone could do that.

why Tobin? Would kliff as a mage do well?

He learns Excalibur more quickly than Kliff

Oh, 

that would help, made tobin an archer though 

rip my chances of getting dracoshield.

You can still do it, it will just take more time since crits help.

Kliff needs to be level 9 sadly, but he will still do it well.

The general strategy is distracting Slayde so that he chases after a pegasus rider, then proceeding to block his way (not fully though, he'll attack and die) so that he has to take a long way around as long as possible to get to the heal tiles while you deal with the rest of the army. Once you've dealt with most of them and you've pulled out Desaix, surround him and do as much damage as you can with your ranged units (especially an Excaliber mage) and whoever has the Lighting Sword to whittle him down.

It won't be quick, but it's doable.

I find the best why is to cut him off from the heal point. Keep someone like Luka or Forscyth keeping that road closed with Slayder on near them. Since Tobin is an Archer, get both him and Python some steel bows and have you tankyer units surround Desaix.

That how I did it.

Most strategies I see involve hurting Slayde to the point he tries to heal, and abuse his AI priorities that way. I found solid success in just having Clair and Clive in the far right to bait Slayde out and kill Slayde's cavs. Once alone, just have Clive book it the long way while Clair w/ a shield draws his attention long enough to make her his first priority. Then it just becomes a matter of keeping Clair in a position to play cat and mouse with Slayde. The plan certainly benefited from Cleric!Faye and Silque to speed things up and get a sweeper to clear out most of the right side. 

Don't know if you have the patience or money for this, but if you do the Cipher Maps Yuzu and Shade really helped me out - the Warrior Sword in particular made things go smoothly once Alm unlocked the Weapon Arts for the blade, and a Priestess on Alm's team that early can't be bad seeing as how you don't get another one until Delthea. This was during my Ram Villlagers + Cipher 4 only Run by the way, so I was only using Alm, Tobin, Gray, Yuzu, and Shade for the whole map - it should be easier for you with access to all of Alm's team.

I got it on normal mode using Faye as a Gold Knight, make sure that you promote once she makes it to level 20, it takes a ton of grinding in the Thieve's Shrine, but when you go into battle use Clair to bait Slayde. Then get rid of the enemies in the path to Desaix except Slayde. Once Desaix is at low HP choke off his route to the healing tiles and spam Armour Breaker.

You don't really have to grind, just have Lukas strong enough to survive attacks from Desaix and a Mage that has Excalibur. Most of your guys will be doing minuscule damage to him but as long as you don't allow Slayde to kill himself, you should be fine. The hardest part is keeping Slayde alive, you could just surround Desaix.

To make life easier, kill all the enemies on the map except Slayde and Desaix. Then retreat. When you restart the bosses will be the only enemies still there. You can just walk right up to their section, box Salyde in on a healing square and box Desaix in on a non healing square surrounded by two, or three, units that can tank an attack from him. Then simply scratch him with as many units as possible until he's dead. Takes a while but so long as you get the set up right, you can do it with no risk and without grinding.