Megaman 11 announced X1-8 re-releasing on all modern consoles

Jedi

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell. Yes. 

These will be perfect on the Switch. 

I'm unreasonably happy to see new Megaman. I get how Metroid fans felt at the announcement of Samus Returns. 

Now everybody buy this so we can get Legends 3 so I can feel what Metroid fans felt about Prime 4.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

For those who might be interested (like me), Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are being ported to the Switch as well.

Ah thanks, I missed this post!

About damn time. The fact that the Mega Man 1-11 plus the X series will be playable on one console is amazing. Aside from the Mega Man Zero collection, i haven't played too much Mega Man. This is the perfect chance for me to really get into the series.

I’m cautiously optimistic. At the beginning everyone got excited for Mighty No. 9 and look what happened. The same case happened for Sonic Forces, and other new games that would “revive” a series or genre. It’s almost like the Zelda Cycle.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m cautiously optimistic. At the beginning everyone got excited for Mighty No. 9 and look what happened. The same case happened for Sonic Forces, and other new games that would “revive” a series or genre. It’s almost like the Zelda Cycle.

Sonic Forces hype wasn't until the middle of its marketing, seem to forget Sonic Mania was a massive success.

For another thing, Mighty #9 never looked promising to begin with. This project has far more passion behind it already.

Edited by Jedi

43 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I mean, the main difference between this and Sonic Forces is that Capcom at least KNOWS Mega Man. They've got the formula down pat for the most part. There were a few missteps in the X series near the end, but Mega Man 9 is one of the best main entries in the series, and while 10 wasn't a classic return to form like 9, and at the same time didn't really do a lot to differentiate itself from 9, 10 was still one of the better Mega Man games. If there was one thing you could say to describe proper 2D Mega Man, it's that the quality of the games didn't vary a whole lot. There are a few anomalies(Mostly in the X series), but the highs and the lows generally weren't crazy different. 

With Sonic Forces... I think even people who like some 3D Sonic would agree that Sonic Team has never really had a grasp on what works with 3D Sonic. Sometimes they got some things right, but most of the time, they didn't. You could probably play darts blind and be more consistent than 3D Sonic. 

Mighty No. 9 isn't even really worth going into. The first few looks of the game were the most promising, and the more we saw and learned, the more it was obvious that it was a pale imitation and not a proper spiritual successor. 

Edited by Slumber

Well, that's a surprise. I'm definitively looking forward towards playing the post X3 games. ...but it's strange for them to just announce this like this. You would think they would announce something like a X Legacy Collection or something like that.

Edited by BrightBow

And the Legacy Collections? Whoa, glad I passed those up. Mega Man is the only amiibo I've ever purchased so I'm glad I got equipped with that.

As for Mega Man 11, I'm just glad they ditched the NES toolkit. The Mighty No.9 style isn't what I would have chosen but I'd warm up to it. My dream Mega Man game in the Classic style would be completely 2D with excellent pixel art. Like Megaman 8 and X4 but not trying to look like an anime.

As for the X collection, that's really good news too. I hope they don't split it up into two collections, but that's probably wishful thinking. I actually played the X series through the PS2 collection years ago. That's 1-6. 

Damn...

I mean, I never played Mega Mang before, but there wasn't a gamer around who wasn't aware of his drought in new games; it was practically meme worthy.  Great to see them finally break the ice in that regard.  And even better that both the legacy collections and the X series will come to the Switch.

Maybe now might be the time to check out the series.  Or... you know, next year, obviously.

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

I mean, the main difference between this and Sonic Forces is that Capcom at least KNOWS Mega Man. They've got the formula down pat for the most part.

That said, i do think it is fair to remain a least a little bit cautiously optimistic. Capcom hasn't done a new Mega Man game in so long. The last Mega Man game that was released was Mega Man 10, released in 2010. There's also the fact that it's solely Capcom who is working on Mega Man 11, whereas 9 and 10 was a group effort between Capcom and Inti Creates. That said, i'm pretty confident that Mega Man 11 will be a great game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That said, i do think it is fair to remain a least a little bit cautiously optimistic. Capcom hasn't done a new Mega Man game in so long. The last Mega Man game that was released was Mega Man 10, released in 2010. There's also the fact that it's solely Capcom who is working on Mega Man 11, whereas 9 and 10 was a group effort between Capcom and Inti Creates. That said, i'm pretty confident that Mega Man 11 will be a great game.

True, there's room for them to screw it up. I just don't see this as something like Sonic Forces or Mighty No. 9.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

True, there's room for them to screw it up. I just don't see this as something like Sonic Forces or Mighty No. 9.

It has focused gameplay ideas for starters!

In terms of 3D Sonic I just wish they'd go with the 3D Boost formula with how much they expanded on it in Generations, but as a collective fanbase us Sonic fans have no idea what we want, we do individually but not as a core, and it's partly why modern Sonic Team (besides its current shoddy management) has no clue with what to give us. A huge part of the fanbase still wants Adventure 3, theres those who now want it to stick strictly to 2D after the success of Mania, and like 8 other subdivisions of fans in this regard.

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

There's a big difference between Mighty No 9 and Sonic forces. The former was under questionable development as soon as Comcept announced another kickstarter game while it was underdevelopment. The way the game was delayed over and over again left fans lose hope for it and eventually, it ended up being what it is now.

As for forces, a lot were very cautious about it and the reason Forces ended up for what it is now is because it was being developed by a different team who did NOT make Colors or Generations so SEGA made a false word about that statement. Had it been developed by the real team, it would have done well.

Mega Man 11 is being developed by Capcom who unlike SEGA has atleast made consistently good games and decisions although a lot of them are still questionable such as 11 being announced very...very late, an IP that is Capcom's flagship franchise.

That being said, I agree with you that all can be done right now is to be optimistically cautious because from the looks of it, the game looks kinda bad graphically.

17 minutes ago, Harvey said:

That being said, I agree with you that all can be done right now is to be optimistically cautious because from the looks of it, the game looks kinda bad graphically

Graphics mean literally nothing.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Graphics mean literally nothing.

I'd disagree to be honest.

That said, I don't think this looks all that bad. It doesn't look particularly great, but it's not unpleasant to look at and hopefully we'll see the visuals improve by the time of release. I think it's mostly the models that could maybe use just a bit of work, the levels and backgrounds look alright to me.

38 minutes ago, SecondWorld said:

I'd disagree to be honest.

That said, I don't think this looks all that bad. It doesn't look particularly great, but it's not unpleasant to look at and hopefully we'll see the visuals improve by the time of release. I think it's mostly the models that could maybe use just a bit of work, the levels and backgrounds look alright to me.

The only thing that really looks off to me is Mega Man's run animation, which I imagine they'll fix within the year they still have developing this. 

If not, it's a small price to pay for a new Mega Man. 

Edited by Slumber

So screws are clearly returning in Mega Man 11. How does everybody feel about that currency for powerups? Of the classic series, I only liked it in 8 because they were hidden collectibles you spent on permanent upgrades. For 9, I just felt the need to grind up before the end on extra lives and E-tanks, and it kind of felt like cheating to me. I don't really know what I'd do with that shop system besides replacing it with collectibles which was always more of an X thing than Classic. Classic Mega Man level design doesn't lend itself well to exploration. Plus Classic Mega Man doesn't have the ridiculous wall jumping to build challenges and secrets around.

Man, I was watching the stream and wasn't let down. Super excited for MMLC1+2 and the X games all coming to Switch. Mega Man 11 looks really cool, hoping they can improve some of the animations though. I do like the actual artstyle though.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

So screws are clearly returning in Mega Man 11. How does everybody feel about that currency for powerups?

I thought they were handled well in Mega Man & Bass, you got them normally from defeating enemies. I never had an issue buying everything in the shop.

Edited by DragonLord

Mm, i just realized. Mega Man is known for being a challenging series. I guarantee that some game journalists will rant about how Mega Man 11 is "too hard" once Mega Man 11's release date approaches. They did it with Crash Bandicoot, they did it with Cuphead, would not surprise me if they did it with Mega Man 11.