Megaman 11 announced X1-8 re-releasing on all modern consoles

Jedi

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Out of curiosity, what do you all think of Azure Striker Gunvolt?

I personally love it, but it isn't really like Mega Man and that's the point.

The devs wanted to make something similar, yet different with more accessible gameplay and that's what they did. It's more pure action with the challenge coming from getting higher scores/ranks rather than simply beating the level, with platforming aspects being super tame (especially with how much mobility the PCs have). 

Comparing it to Mega Man is more or less apples and oranges, IMO.

this collection's existence is hilarious to me cause the way they split it is...

x5 wasn't awful I guess? but man is there next to no reason to play it over 4

6 on the other hand is pretty awful and from what i've heard 7 is even worse

8 seems fine and since they're not getting released separately i'm gonna be buying it so i can finally play that (and i guess 7 for the hell of it), but man is it gonna feel lame as hell spending 20 bucks to buy 1 thoroughly mediocre game that i hate, one i hear is awful, one i know is awful, and one i actually want to play

12 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Out of curiosity, what do you all think of Azure Striker Gunvolt?

really great, 2's one of my favorite games, but it's not really like mega man at all beyond the character designs and enemy behaviors

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/05/new-mega-man-11-trailer-details-coming.html?spref=fb

Man, Megaman 11 is looking great, and the pricing seems good: 30 dollars for a game that looks well done and that adds new mechanics which seem to neatly upgrade the original experience. I can't wait.

(and I hope it'll translate to 60 reais because I'm not made of money)

Also, was there any info about MMXLC's pricing?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even know they were making remixes for the new mode, that's neat.

I almost cried when I saw its release date is July 24, not June 24. I'm very hyped at the prospect of beating all of the X series games again.

Edited by Rapier

13 minutes ago, Rapier said:

I didn't even know they were making remixes for the new mode, that's neat.

I almost cried when I saw its release date is July 21, not June 21. I'm very hyped at the propsect of beating all of the X series games again.

Yeah me and @Batter the Beast are gonna have ourselves a bit of a marathon through X1-X8 when this comes out haha.

45 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah me and @Batter the Beast are gonna have ourselves a bit of a marathon through X1-X8 when this comes out haha.

You're also going to play X7? lol, you're my hero not that I can say anything since I actually like X6 despite knowing its flaws and frustrations.

To be honest, I never played X7, and as much as I know it's a trainwreck, my completionist self tells me to play through it anyway. Now I just need to find ways to contain myself for July 23. Maybe I'll play the Zero Collection again on the meantime.

Also, I figured out its so much better to play X/Zero/ZX games when you assign the dash buttom to L1, courtesy of 20XX. Yay for being free of claw gripping my controller.

19 minutes ago, Rapier said:

You're also going to play X7? lol, you're my hero not that I can say anything since I actually like X6 despite knowing its flaws and frustrations.

To be honest, I never played X7, and as much as I know it's a trainwreck, my completionist self tells me to play through it anyway. Now I just need to find ways to contain myself for July 23. Maybe I'll play the Zero Collection again on the meantime.

Also, I figured out its so much better to play X/Zero/ZX games when you assign the dash buttom to L1, courtesy of 20XX. Yay for being free of claw gripping my controller.

Yeah we're gonna play X7 lmao, as much as we both don't like it. 

X6 may be a flawed and frustrating game but at least it's still using the X4/5 engine that works smooth, so it's understandable to have some fun with it, I have a love & hate relationship with it myself. I also really like X5 despite some of its flaws.

I'd probably have liked X5 a lot more if I hadn't played X4 beforehand (and if X4 didn't impact me so high). I'm sorry, but X5 feels like an easier, simplified X4 to me (an impression X6 didn't give me, despite having the same engine), even though I like it enough as a X series game.

If I were to evaluate them, it'd probably be something like:

X4 > X8 > X3 > X > X2 > X6 > X5 > X7

9 hours ago, Rapier said:

I'd probably have liked X5 a lot more if I hadn't played X4 beforehand (and if X4 didn't impact me so high). I'm sorry, but X5 feels like an easier, simplified X4 to me (an impression X6 didn't give me, despite having the same engine), even though I like it enough as a X series game.

If I were to evaluate them, it'd probably be something like:

X4 > X8 > X3 > X > X2 > X6 > X5 > X7

That's an oddly low opinion of X1. I suppose I should put my order though 

X > X4 > X2 > X5 > X8 > X6 > X7 > X3

Oh yeah, I didn't list them from good to bad, but from my prefered games to my least prefered ones (tbh the only ones that I can say are bad are X6 and X7, and even then I like X6 for nostalgia. I find X5 bland but that's it).

X is a really good game, X2 is more of the same, X3 is overly ambitious with its armor parts and ride armors but kind of fails in the bosses' AI (they have very repetitive, predictable patterns), X4 is great and innovative, X5 is more of the same as X4 except bland, X6 could've been a good game if it wasn't rushed, X7 is bad, X8 is everything X7 dreamed to be and manages to be a solid Megaman X game (I question a few level design choices such as Burn Rooster's stage and the insta kills in Gravity Antonion & Sigma Palace though) .

Capcom basically just confirmed 11's existance is through Legacy Collections success. You want more Megaman X like I do? We gotta show them.

26 minutes ago, Tonton said:

Buying ten copies

You going to do a giveaway or can I buy one of these copies for half the original price?

Also, yeah, that's one of the reasons I will buy both collections: I really want a new X series game, especially if they are as competent about it as they apparently were for Megaman 11. Until then I had only pirated X games, now I feel like actually paying for the experience they provided me for so long. I'm trying to contain myself to not play them again until both collections are released.

13 minutes ago, Rapier said:

You going to do a giveaway or can I buy one of these copies for half the original price?

Also, yeah, that's one of the reasons I will buy both collections: I really want a new X series game, especially if they are as competent about it as they apparently were for Megaman 11. Until then I had only pirated X games, now I feel like actually paying for the experience they provided me for so long. I'm trying to contain myself to not play them again until both collections are released.

i'm joking :p

But yeah depending on the Steam price i might try giving away a copy or two

I think i had a pirated copy of the PS2 collection and I played the HELL out of X6, I love that game so i'm definitely getting it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one spoke about the secret wallpaper achievement included on the Legacy Collections, among other things that could pretty much mean a new X series game.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/07/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-12.html

This Trophy, "

Another Day, Another Recon"/"Reconnaissance Complete" implies there's a secret image hidden in the art gallery. We all know what happened the last time Capcom threw one of those in, yeah? And who knows what's going on with these, "Identity Erased/"Defrag Complete". The description reads, "Blast through the mystery of the staff credits and return to the future."

• 2 weeks later...

I've already beaten X4 and I am halfway through X5. :V

X Challenge is a pretty fun mode too, although sometimes it feels unfair. Good luck with 2-2 on X Legacy Collection 2, which has you fight...

Spoiler

The Skiver and Neon Tiger, on the later's room. It's Infinity Mijinion on X6's level of frustration.

Edited by Rapier

4 hours ago, Rapier said:

I've already beaten X4 and I am halfway through X5. :V

X Challenge is a pretty fun mode too, although sometimes it feels unfair. Good luck with 2-2 on X Legacy Collection 2, which has you fight...

Reveal hidden contents

The Skiver and Neon Tiger, on the later's room. It's Infinity Mijinion on X6's level of frustration.

A lot of the combinations seem very irritating I sadly haven't had much of a chance to play yet.

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

A lot of the combinations seem very irritating I sadly haven't had much of a chance to play yet.

I've played until 9-3 and I can say that some stages are terribly frustrating.

Spoiler

Blaze Heatnix & The Skiver (it's on the former's room). When the purple lava is above you, you CAN'T dodge Skiver's dash, he is too tall for you to jump above him or duck (Heatnix isn't, though). It forces you to kill Heatnix asap so you can finally be free above. Also, good luck dodging Skiver's Storm Eagle styled move in a crowded room.

Web Spider & Wire Sponge. There won't be much room to dodge the former's web shoots with all the crap Wire Sponge throws on the floor/wall.

Infinity Mijinion & Split Mushroom. Do I need to say anything? Have fun with two dozen clones onscreen. I mean, you could bring the later's weakness, kill him then focus on Mijinion, I guess.

Others simply didn't work too well, like

Spoiler

Spark Mandrill and Rainy Turtloid

Armored Armadilo & Rainy Turtloid. Good luck dealing with Turtloid's zone of control moves while Armadilo is spindashing wildly through the room.

I'm very, very glad they didn't put fights/bosses such as

Spoiler

High Max, Gate

But I feel that they sort of wasted some opportunities by not including bosses such as

Spoiler

Sigma and his incarnations. I'd find it sort of fun to fight X1 and X2's Sigma at the same time. Or even X1 and X5's.

I also think Dynamo could've been in, as well as Blizzard Buffalo, or the X-Hunters, or Bit & Byte, or Vile. Or even handwave a clone of X/Zero and add both of them as an optional boss fight.

Other bosses that seem barebones at first, such as Flame Mammoth, could also complement bosses who rely on rushing at X. Flame Mammoth & Tunnel Rhino or Blizzard Buffalo could work.