Which Weapons should an Avatar use?

Noni

Which Weapons should the Avatar use?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the first Weapon of the Avatar?

• Sword
    • Lance
    • Axe
    • Bow
    • Light Magic
    • Dark Magic
    • Anima Magic
    • Staff
  2. 2. What should be his/her second Weapon upon Promotion

• Sword
    • Lance
    • Axe
    • Bow
    • Light Magic
    • Dark Magic
    • Anima Magic
    • Staff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want avatar, but if in would want him to start out with dragon stone (no option in poll) and expand on different types of stones that do different things. 

Who is voting for not-sword weapons in hope we don't have another swordie in Smash 5? lol

I actually stick with the sword + anima combo. Unless we have the Fates triangle again, in which case I would prefer sword + bow.

• 2 months later...

Any weapon will do since I played all classes so equally based by all of their functions, but I think perhaps this poll should have option none for selecting for secondary weapon, so the Avatar will have S-rank of their main weapon's proficiency (if the player dislike to reclassing the avatar).

I picked staves. I know that sounds weird, but, hear me out.

Seizing wouldn't be a problem as long as every unit can seize.

Recently, I played an SRPG called "Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs" in which the main character played mostly a supportive role in battle, rather than being a front-line unit. He had ranged buffs/heals, a low-mid damage attack compared to other units, and it helped make the game's battles feel unique compared to other SRPGs.

I think Fire Emblem could do a lot with this. Imagine a healer lord whose personal skill gives all staves extra range, or buffs, exclusive to the main character. We could have more maps like Radiant Dawn's 3-13!

I personally went with Lance + Dark Magic. The potential of possibly using the new game's equivalents of Guard Naginata, Bolt Naginata, and Nosferatu together are really appealing to me.

My second choice would be Bow + Anima Magic. A ranged kit capable of sniping targets with both powerful physical and versatile magical damage is something I'd like to be able to have on my character...if I were to be able to have a third option, I'd also include Staff to add support.

A third option would be Lance + Bow. I really liked the Bride class from Awakening (especially when I got to add Galeforce to it) but I felt put off by the Merchant and Kinshi Knight classes in Fates (Merchants can't really take advantage of their weapon options well, and Kinshi Knights suffer too greatly from other bow users including themselves). Being able to equip the equivalents of Gae Bolg and/or Nidhogg/Yewfelle (or at the very least, a Brave Lance and Brave Bow and/or Longbow) if at all possible would be amazing for me.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

A lance-bow combination I’d really like to see. Staff would be an interesting choice for a starter weapon with a bow on promotion, as unpopular as it would probably be. I feel it suits one who’s helping from a distance