Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

Guessing that Olivia will also get the "dance"... ability? item? special? Wonder what skill she'll get. Hope the two don't get severe penalties or anything, I need an Azura who can benchpress Ike.
Be Lethality will be one of those "must have" skills alongside Luna and Astra, assuming the extra damage is significant.
Show of hands, who forgot this game even had a guard option that you, the player, could use? 

Again I kind of wish, and am a bit surprised they're not, that the broken armor models were like...costumes you could equip. Like, ok camilla's is a bit eye roll-y but the rest honestly work on their own totally divorced from "oh no, all my armor is broken!" They're more "it's a hot summer day, lets go casual" clothes than battle damage. They went to the trouble of modeling these outfits, get the most out of them! Even shirtless Ryoma still involved new assets

Very excited over the support boosting item, too. Hope it's by a big margin. I'm not even actively grinding supports but yeeeeesh that b->a wait time is something else.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, that was disappointing, I hope we get better stuff in the shadow dragon pack. Maid elise would have been way better and made more sense than titsmegee over there, butler takumi feels weird, Kinda would have liked Ryoma more, and Hoshido F!Corrin and nhor M!Corrin should have been here from the beginning or not at all. how about someone as a ninja or fredric dressed as gunter so we could have gotten all of corrin's retainers. 

Thank Arceus for faster supports, maybe now I'll be able to get more than one A support. It sort of bothers me how most characters wear their armor all the time in their home games, so it's somewhat refreshing to see them in something less battle-ready for a change.

Dance being it's own skill may explain why we're also getting Olivia later, since I'm assuming they don't want it to be exclusive to one character. And though I would like if I could use the new characters immediately, them being unlocked through history maps at least gives us something to work towards.

22 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

The broken armor models are disappointing, they look too clean, they may as well have called them casualwear models and not lied to us.

your just breaking the armor. its not like every weapon is just made of dirt. even an Ice attack would break armor. So I dont see why every costume MUST have dirt on it.

Im intrigued how exacly corrins armor is gonna break. cause thats gonna make dragon transformations around the arms interesting.

34 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

well, that was disappointing, I hope we get better stuff in the shadow dragon pack. Maid elise would have been way better and made more sense than titsmegee over there, butler takumi feels weird, Kinda would have liked Ryoma more, and Hoshido F!Corrin and nhor M!Corrin should have been here from the beginning or not at all. how about someone as a ninja or fredric dressed as gunter so we could have gotten all of corrin's retainers. 

Shadow Dragon wasn't exactly known for its distinct class designs to the point I'm not sure what we'll even see here unless they dig deep and we see Marth wearing this:

latest?cb=20170413220416

iono what to think, other than that Elise should've gotten the maid outfit (she's the one in the class that promoted to Maid, not Camilla).

3 hours ago, Florete said:

I want to wait for the bond talisman before building more supports but I want to play more before the DLC drops but all I really have left to do is build supports...

That's quite the conundrum.

Huh. This is so interesting, not sure what to expect from the next packs now, but it does give some insight. We already knew the characters, the chapters are now obvious, as already pointed out, but the costumes are a toss up.

There's four costumes in the Shadow Dragon DLC, and three in the Awakening DLC.

Shadow Dragon.. guess I could see: Jagen costume for Frederick, Merric costume for mRobin, Jeorge costume for Takumi, Maria costume for Sakura? I can't imagine any of the actual Shadow Dragon characters getting costumes for themselves considering all of their alternate appearances are quite similar to each other unless they seriously go the retro FE1/3 appearances which I honestly don't see them doing. I supposed they could branch out of Shadow Dragon to New Mystery and give us Katarina's getup for Linde.

Awakening.. Adult Tiki or Nowi costume for Tiki make sense. Also seems super obvious to give Owain an Odin outfit even though it's technically not from Awakening, but you can't have the costume without the character. Awakening Anna is her most popular appearance, so maybe a costume for her based on that. Oh, maybe even the Performing Arts costume for Olivia from Heroes, too (I would really love that actually).

Oh, also Broken armor models:

Fates (13): Corrin(f), Corrin(m), Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Azura, Oboro, Niles

Shadow Dragon (9): Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Navarre, Minerva, Linde, Celica, Lyn, Anna

Awakening (10): Chrom, Lucina, Robin(m), Robin(f), Frederick, Lissa, Cordelia, Owain, Tharja, Olivia

...guess that was a given.

Edited by dmurr

2 hours ago, Hardin said:

The official website has been updated with info for the pack. 

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/dlc.html

I find it interesting that they have Corrin's dragon sprite on Azura's map even though I can't tell if the MC is suppose to be Azura or Corrin. At first I thought Corrin might actually be the boss on that map but their dragon sprite isn't red like the other enemies.

I see killer weapons are in it but what does it do? google translation said something about raised weapon characteristics so are these like ruby sword, sapphire lance and emerald axe in fe heroes where the weapon triangle amplifies or something?

interesting. Seems the update is going to give out free hero weapons of each type... I wonder whats going to be on them. also. Level cap is up to 110. much better then the 150 hyrule warriors did.

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I wonder if Azura will have her Uror in this game as well.

Nope. Her personal weapon is listed as "Sacred Lance" (or Blessed Spear to go with the official naming and not what Google Translate wants to say it is) and that, alongside Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow are the only weapons (except the free Hero weapons that's coming with the update) that's coming with this pack.

We are getting new weapon skills though... including what looks like a new weapon skill for personal weapons and skills that ups the character's power against certain weapon types.

50 minutes ago, Folt said:

Nope. Her personal weapon is listed as "Sacred Lance" (or Blessed Spear to go with the official naming and not what Google Translate wants to say it is) and that, alongside Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow are the only weapons (except the free Hero weapons that's coming with the update) that's coming with this pack.

We are getting new weapon skills though... including what looks like a new weapon skill for personal weapons and skills that ups the character's power against certain weapon types.

There's still a very small chance that she could use Urðr in her specials, like Lucina does with her bow or Frederick does with his Lance and Sword. I wouldn't count on it, though.

4 hours ago, LoboKD001 said:

I see killer weapons are in it but what does it do? google translation said something about raised weapon characteristics so are these like ruby sword, sapphire lance and emerald axe in fe heroes where the weapon triangle amplifies or something?

I think they are slayer weapons or weapon attributes like Dracoslayer/Beastslayer/etc. One of the weapons listed is translated by Google Translate as "Nail Killing" (which I assume is Claw Slayer). I don't think it would make much sense to include that kind of weapon when none of the playable characters wield claws.

22 minutes ago, Luankachu said:

There's still a very small chance that she could use Urðr in her specials, like Lucina does with her bow or Frederick does with his Lance and Sword. I wouldn't count on it, though.

Lucinas excuse is she has access to the bride outfit. which can use bows. and frederick is a great knight, with access to swords and lances with axes. at no point in fates does Azura use an axe. she was probably worked on long before we had info on the festival banner stuff in heroes.

12 hours ago, Thany said:

your just breaking the armor. its not like every weapon is just made of dirt. even an Ice attack would break armor. So I dont see why every costume MUST have dirt on it.

Im intrigued how exacly corrins armor is gonna break. cause thats gonna make dragon transformations around the arms interesting.

I meant like how fates did it, nothing is ripped, or broken, everything is just removed in one clean hit, it feels like they are toning themselves down in a series that hasn't been toned down in years, and even then, it's not like you can't be tasteful when dealing with ripped clothing, heroes certainly has a few noteworthy examples but for the most part damaged artwork doesn't look like it trying too to be sexy or anything, I dare say camilla's damaged art was even handled tastefully. these people don't look like they were hit with an attack so strong it destroyed their armor, they look like they just striped it all off after a long day's work and are preparing to unwind, I would have prefered them as alternate costumes rather than 'broken' armor. 

6 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I meant like how fates did it, nothing is ripped, or broken, everything is just removed in one clean hit, it feels like they are toning themselves down in a series that hasn't been toned down in years, and even then, it's not like you can't be tasteful when dealing with ripped clothing, heroes certainly has a few noteworthy examples but for the most part damaged artwork doesn't look like it trying too to be sexy or anything, I dare say camilla's damaged art was even handled tastefully. these people don't look like they were hit with an attack so strong it destroyed their armor, they look like they just striped it all off after a long day's work and are preparing to unwind, I would have prefered them as alternate costumes rather than 'broken' armor. 

Echoes was pretty toned down. Just saying.

Also, You seem to be implying that this somehow makes less sence than fates, even though fate’s equivalent managed to strip them down to their underwear. How does this make less sense? 

Just now, Jonahtron said:

Echoes was pretty toned down. Just saying.

Also, You seem to be implying that this somehow makes less sence than fates, even though fate’s equivalent managed to strip them down to their underwear. How does this make less sense? 

I'm talking about battle damage, not raider weapons.

10 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I'm talking about battle damage, not raider weapons.

But they aren't taking armour damage in Warriors. It's destroying their armour so they have less defense, so it makes more sense for them to be stripped to their undies rather than to have damage to their clothing and armour.

19 hours ago, Azz said:

Oboro has the skill "Counter". If attacked while blocking, the enemy's stun gauge will be opened.

Niles has the skill "Lethality". Increases critical hit damage dependant on luck.

Azura has an ability similar to the staff use of other characters called "Dance", where she can restore the Musou and Awakening bars of her allies.

White Bloodline F!Corrin, Dark Bloodline M!Corrin, Maid Camilla, Butler Takumi costumes can be unlocked on the new History Maps.

Dark Dancer Azura is unlocked when Azura is unlocked.

Every Fates character now has Broken Armour models.

As suspected, History Maps are based on Mother (all routes 5), Izana's Palace (BR 9) and the Ice Tribe Village (CQ 8).

Update from RotomGuy: Apparently some of the text says that Azura uses water and singing in her strings, which means that she and Oboro may have unique movesets from one another!

- So from what I gathered from reading discussions on GameFAQs (since the meaning wasn't readily apparent to me), that counter skill sounds like it'll be fairly useful, at least for low skill/speed units.  If all you have to do is block to open up an enemy's stun gauge, then you can hit them with criticals more frequently and easily.

- Lethality sounds like it could be useful as well.  If nothing else, we're getting some unique skills.

- And that, again, sounds fairly useful.  Possibly too useful, even if Azura is as squishy as she is in Fates...

- So we actually have to unlock the costumes...?  I guess there needed to be more incentive to play the History Maps besides just more EXP and more stuff to do.

- "When Azura is unlocked"?  So we do have to unlock the characters?  Or is that just another way of saying that the costume comes immediately with Azura?  Sometimes the language for downloadable content can be weird like that, so that's why I'm confused here.

Every Fates character?  Even these new ones?  I mean, it said thirteen, so I mean...  You've got the eight path exclusive siblings, plus both versions of Corrin... who else would the other three costumes go to?

- Exactly as we observed, pretty much.  All of them have challenged me to some extent, so I don't think they're bad chapters to base History Maps on.

- I almost wanted to argue with folks about the notion of those two being clones of each other, but I didn't want to get a "told you so" for being skeptical about making assumptions based off of little more than pure cynicism and conjectured analysis.  I'm glad they aren't using the same movesets; that really wouldn't make much sense since they have distinctly different fighting styles even in the source game.

14 hours ago, r_n said:

Show of hands, who forgot this game even had a guard option that you, the player, could use? 

I don't even remember if it was ever a thing I could use in any Warriors game before.  I almost always just try to dash out of the way instead.

And unless it proves a significant boon in any situation outside of using Counter, I think I'll continue not blocking.

I've seen some folks saying they were disappointed... even though we knew what to expect.

The only thing I'm really disappointed in is the lame naming scheme for some weapons.  I think Azura will probably be interesting, I know I'll love Oboro, and even if he's a clone like the case seems to be, I still like that Niles is here too.

Spoiler

Archer fighting styles are all pretty much the same anyway in Fates - the game which all bow users in the game are incidentally pulled from - so that's why I'm not as bent out of shape about there being three (now four) bow users who have the same exact generic attacks.

Yes, I know "Camilla's Axe", "Oboro's Spear", and "Niles's Bow" were all weapons in Fates, but that doesn't stop them from being boring names to bring to a spin-off game like this.  Well... at least I think I can continue hoping for the Regalia and other legendary SD weapons to show up to rectify that issue... assuming they'll maintain the same universal access they had in the DS remakes.

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I find it interesting that they have Corrin's dragon sprite on Azura's map even though I can't tell if the MC is suppose to be Azura or Corrin. At first I thought Corrin might actually be the boss on that map but their dragon sprite isn't red like the other enemies.

Lyn's map in History mode has Caeda and Lyn sprites for some of the battles, but their sprites aren't red.  So it's not like this is completely new.

My guess is that Azura's the PC sprite on the map, since she's in the starting location for the original, but it could also be Corrin and Azura's sprite is where you recruit her.