Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

2 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Lyn's map in History mode has Caeda and Lyn sprites for some of the battles, but their sprites aren't red.  So it's not like this is completely new.

My guess is that Azura's the PC sprite on the map, since she's in the starting location for the original, but it could also be Corrin and Azura's sprite is where you recruit her.

I haven't played Lyn's history map yet because I'm not interested in her but since you mentioned that I do remember not being able to interact with Celica's sprite on her map since I decided to do Gaiden's history map instead.

I can see it going either way since Corrin is obviously the PC on the other two new history maps judging from those screenshots but I wouldn't mind Azura being the one in charge since previous maps only had Lords and Chapter 5 is the one that highlighted Azura and her singing ability along with showing off Corrin's dragon form.

I wonder now if Ryoma will be acting as the hooded man's proxy (I think the game called him Silent Dragon or ???) considering who ??? really was despite Ryoma actually fighting him in that chapter. Although I guess someone like Navarre could also fill in for the hooded man.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

I haven't played Lyn's history map yet because I'm not interested in her but since you mentioned that I do remember not being able to interact with Celica's sprite on her map since I decided to do Gaiden's history map instead.

I can see it going either way since Corrin is obviously the PC on the other two new history maps judging from those screenshots but I wouldn't mind Azura being the one in charge since previous maps only had Lords and Chapter 5 is the one that highlighted Azura and her singing ability along with showing off Corrin's dragon form.

I wonder now if Ryoma will be acting as the hooded man's proxy (I think the game called him Silent Dragon or ???) considering who ??? really was despite Ryoma actually fighting him in that chapter. Although I guess someone like Navarre could also fill in for the hooded man.

I think Robin would fit best. He does, you know, actually have a hood.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I think Robin would fit best. He does, you know, actually have a hood.

Robin could work too. I was only thinking of Ryoma or Navarre since he used a sword in that boss fight but Robin would make sense as well due to the artwork being the same as Robin's hooded artwork from a story event in Awakening.

My guess is that Azura is the controllable one for her map. Corrin just isn't in what looks like a starting position; if you start there, you would barely have anywhere to move right at the beginning, and one of the first maps you can get to grants a master seal? Already? From where Azura is, she's blocked in by those first four enemies, and then by two more before being able to reach Corrin (and also the dragon if she goes left). Compare her position to Corrin's on the other two maps and it's a pretty similar scenario.

While Corrin was controllable in this map in Fates, she was still "out of control" as far as the story, so I could see soothing her being the first goal of the map.

EDIT: Actually, it's definitely Azura. The enemy is highlighted in red, which means the player doesn't have access to it, but they would if they were controlling Corrin. Guess my paragraph up there was pointless.

Edited by Florete

3 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Even if you aren't interested in Lyn I highly suggest you do the map considering it has legendary weapon full power unlocks for certain characters.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Even if you aren't interested in Lyn I highly suggest you do the map considering it has legendary weapon full power unlocks for certain characters.

I suppose, but I'm in no rush to get the scrolls for Spellbane Yumi, Moonlight and Raijinto considering I mostly use Anna/Takumi for bows, I already have Brynhildr at full power and I mostly use Ryoma to grind Astra onto other units. I did do some of the map earlier today to unlock the Brave Weapons and the remaining Master Seals which I'm going to save one of the seals to give to Azura once I get her.

23 hours ago, r_n said:

Show of hands, who forgot this game even had a guard option that you, the player, could use? 

Honestly (speaking from HW here, because I don't have the game), it depends. Don't Get Hit missions pretty much mandate defensive play, though other than that, I might do one of the other (unless it's a No Guarding level, but if it is, I don't really care about how much damage I take).

2 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Is Azura's Blessed Lance different than the regular Blessed Lance in the game?

Yes. Azura's Blessed Lance is a personal weapon for her to use only and those personal weapons have a attack power of 240 once their true power has been unlocked. But it's attack power also won't decrease with any slayer skills you put on it, after unlocking it's true power.

The Blessed Lance in the game is just a normal steel lance with beastslayer on it with a power of 45. But it unlocks the skill for lances to appear randomly with, but it's mostly skill fodder in the end.

Azura's Blessed Lance may also be renamed, but we don't know that for a fact yet.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

44 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Honestly (speaking from HW here, because I don't have the game), it depends. Don't Get Hit missions pretty much mandate defensive play, though other than that, I might do one of the other (unless it's a No Guarding level, but if it is, I don't really care about how much damage I take).

the real secret to Dont Get Hit missions was to use the bow and snipe everyone without worry of ever getting hurt

2 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Is Azura's Blessed Lance different than the regular Blessed Lance in the game?

I'm guessing they'll just call it "Azura's Lance" and give it the beastkiller attribute as its innate skill like the twin's weapons. I'm pretty sure the current blessed lances look different from Azura's/fates'

I'm a bit surprised that Hero weapons are being introduced. Guess they'll be stronger than Brave but weaker than personal weapons to help iron out the strength curve for those without their unlocked power/ones who aren't getting theirs for 2-3 months? I guess they'll just be considered A Rank weapons since adding another crest to unlock would make it awkward for getting the personal weapons.

15 minutes ago, r_n said:

the real secret to Dont Get Hit missions was to use the bow and snipe everyone without worry of ever getting hurt

That's All Attacks are Devastating you're thinking about; however, a few of them on the Master Quest map shut down the bow strategy because the rule is No Item Attacks, thus forcing you to actually try. Those missions also have Deku Babas. I was talking about the Don't Get Hit missions on the Master Quest map.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's All Attacks are Devastating you're thinking about; however, a few of them on the Master Quest map shut down the bow strategy because the rule is No Item Attacks, thus forcing you to actually try. Those missions also have Deku Babas. I was talking about the Don't Get Hit missions on the Master Quest map.

Ah, I never played the HW dlc so I thought they were the same.  I take it "Don't Get Hit" is just "enemies take normal damage, you take devestating"?

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

Ah, I never played the HW dlc so I thought they were the same.  I take it "Don't Get Hit" is just "enemies take normal damage, you take devestating"?

That about sums it up, yes. 

Also, aren't 5 star Braves 240 power? Do the personal weapons go above that after unlocking True Power?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Also, aren't 5 star Braves 240 power? Do the personal weapons go above that after unlocking True Power?

No, True Power brings the them to 240 just like 5 star braves.

That about sums it up, yes. 

Wait really? I thought 5* Braves were lower than personals

Heroes completely overpowering personals seems so wrong, considering the lengths you have to go to get them fully powered.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

No, True Power brings the them to 240 just like 5 star braves.

Oh. Then I wonder where the Hero weapons will stand in terms of power level...

Oh. Then I wonder where the Hero weapons will stand in terms of power level...

The update notes say they're stronger than Brave Weapons.

I wonder if personals will ever get a buff? 

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

Wait really? I thought 5* Braves were lower than personals

Personal weapons don't get damage reductions from slayer skills like regular weapons, and some of them have innate skills that don't take up a skill slot (but still count towards the slayer skill limit). Those are the only notable differences.

Just now, Florete said:

Personal weapons don't get damage reductions from slayer skills like regular weapons, and some of them have innate skills that don't take up a skill slot (but still count towards the slayer skill limit). Those are the only notable differences.

I guess they'll always have that niche (and makes the weapons that don't get an innate skill a bit odd) but just introducing a new weapon type that's outright stronger seems weird.

Hereoes will presumably just go into the normal weapon pool and require the A Rank crest, but personals needed dedicated missions, another crest and 10k KOs to reach their true potential. Going to make the (presumed) eventual release of things like Thoron and Wing Spear feel a bit underwhelming

13 hours ago, Folt said:

Nope. Her personal weapon is listed as "Sacred Lance" (or Blessed Spear to go with the official naming and not what Google Translate wants to say it is) and that, alongside Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow are the only weapons (except the free Hero weapons that's coming with the update) that's coming with this pack.

We are getting new weapon skills though... including what looks like a new weapon skill for personal weapons and skills that ups the character's power against certain weapon types.

Yes, Uror looks a lot more like a spear than an ax.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

The update notes say they're stronger than Brave Weapons.

I wonder if personals will ever get a buff? 

Okay then. But this leaves me wondering how the heck that's going to be handled since personals required you to take on a distortion mission, which have levels of 60+, S rank those, and then get 10k KOs with the weapon...and now we get something that outpowers True Power personals...

Anyways, I wonder what new missions that these maps will bring to the table... will there be KO competitions again?

considering these are 3 new history maps, I dont think its far off to assume we will get new objectives in these missions, both adventure and quest structure.

I can look at Hyrule warriors that added a competition mode to get more then the other team, and an adventure part where you had to use a magic circle to defeat a super fortified base. we may get things like get more bases then your rival enemys base to progress, mabey a defeat an enemy before they take a base. Perhaps an interesting take on the arena mode in the game.

Oh, mystery solved. http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/07/fire-emblem-warriors-details-azura-oboro-niles-fates-dlc-pack/

Personal weapons will have access to a new skill "Mantle" that will increase their power. I assume this will put them in line with Hero weapons.

There will also be "Breaker" skills added that do increase damage against certain weapons.