Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LoboKD001 said:

Is this "mantle" an ordinary skill that u have to use a skill slot to use? or does it replace the "true power" skill?

Doesn't specify, we probably won't know what the deal is until the 21st

4 hours ago, LoboKD001 said:

Is this "mantle" an ordinary skill that u have to use a skill slot to use? or does it replace the "true power" skill?

My guess would be like the Master Sword in Hyrule Warriors. Once you unlocked the first upgrade there was another that required even more kills. So I can picture having to get 10k+ kills on a weapon with True Power unlocked to get Mantle.

Edited by Homosexualbeard

14 hours ago, Thany said:

considering these are 3 new history maps, I dont think its far off to assume we will get new objectives in these missions, both adventure and quest structure.

I can look at Hyrule warriors that added a competition mode to get more then the other team, and an adventure part where you had to use a magic circle to defeat a super fortified base. we may get things like get more bases then your rival enemys base to progress, mabey a defeat an enemy before they take a base. Perhaps an interesting take on the arena mode in the game.

Each of the History Mode maps in the base game added a new mission type; Fort Defense in The Path Is Yours, Pincer Escape in The Dark Pontifex, Shadow Elimination in Noble Lady of Caelin, and Rendezvous Disruption in Together to the End. It's not unimaginable that we'll get at least one new mission type here, maybe two or three.

A complex mission Idea I have goes something like this, your only allowed to bring your 4 playable characters into the battle, your objective is to capture specific bases to "rescue" your captured allies. (the units you bring in the green) who would then rejoin your army, being able to command them and pair up with them, The challange here is to stop the tough enemies from overwhelming your bases while trying to rescue your captured allies as quickly as possible to stop the wave of enemies trying to get into your base.

Sound like a plausable mission?

l_5a2a5557f070a.png

So I was just linked this, notice the 720 power on Siegfried. Mantle's true power? (if this showed up last page I apologize.)

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

l_5a2a5557f070a.png

So I was just linked this, notice the 720 power on Siegfried. Mantle's true power? (if this showed up last page I apologize.)

0-0 Wow okay. Well I know who I'm going to get that on first (Marth since he was an fully optimized weapon plus with Paragon he will level up quickly making him even better, as if he doesn't solo the entire game)

That is 100% insane 

Um, let's ee, that's from famitus' website so...

無料アップデートで追加される「英雄」シリーズの攻撃力に合わせて各キャラの固有武器の攻撃力が更に上る武器特性「女神の加護」が追加される。今回のifパックではifシリーズのキャラの固有武器がヒストリーマップの報酬で強化可能。

I don't know Japanese, but google translate (so, please, if anyone has an actual translation, please correct me) seems to imply that the Mantle skill will boost them to the power of the Hero weapons? So those will ALSO be 720 power (at 5*, assumedly)?? I don't understand why they'd go from like 240 to 720 in the course of a single update. I don't think even by the end of HW Legends we went past like 500.

This has to be an indevelopment typo or something

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

l_5a2a5557f070a.png

Holy (bleep) on a (bleep) sandwich with (bleep) on top... And a side helping of (bleep)!

Not really surprising at all for the attack power, but it is surprising their doing it so soon.. The Master Sword in Hyrule Warriors Legends had an attack power of 900. Though this does help in defeating missions you find difficult in vanilla no DLC main game like Anna's missions.

23 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Not really surprising at all for the attack power, but it is surprising their doing it so soon.. The Master Sword in Hyrule Warriors Legends had an attack power of 900. Though this does help in defeating missions you find difficult in vanilla no DLC main game like Anna's missions.

That reminds me, are we going to have to do something insane for Mantle, like getting Exorcism required 25000 KOs after unlocking all level 4 weapons?

17 hours ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

I think Mantle, and the breaker skills, are specific to the DLC and not the v1.3 update.

But if it IS on par with 5* hero weapons, I suppose no-dlc players still get the option. Hope we get more details before release, i'm very curious how these all work

1 hour ago, r_n said:

I think Mantle, and the breaker skills, are specific to the DLC and not the v1.3 update.

But if it IS on par with 5* hero weapons, I suppose no-dlc players still get the option. Hope we get more details before release, i'm very curious how these all work

Since we don't know alot about it. It's safe to assume it is DLC related thing. 

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

But they even said that Ike's not getting in.

That's not going to stop people from wanting him, Roy and others, and being upset about Lyn and Celica "taking their slots".

People take rosters very personally, take it from someone who's into quite a few fighting game franchises, it's amazing the impact one ommison can have on people (such as in KoF12 I believe it was not having Mai starting the No Mai No Buy, campaign).

Tons of FE fans still feel personally snubbed by this game, and it's actual success isn't going to dampen the loudest of naysayers.

Just now, Jedi said:

That's not going to stop people from wanting him, Roy and others, and being upset about Lyn and Celica "taking their slots".

People take rosters very personally, take it from someone who's into quite a few fighting game franchises, it's amazing the impact one ommison can have on people (such as in KoF12 I believe it was not having Mai starting the No Mai No Buy, campaign).

Tons of FE fans still feel personally snubbed by this game, and it's actual success isn't going to dampen the loudest of naysayers.

Believe me, as a Smash fan I am familiar with it, but they've been outright deconfirmed. Still, having Ike come in a full sequel at least means he probably won't just be a clone of Chrom which very well may have happened had he been shoehorned last minute like...others. Always got to look for that silver lining.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

*Sigh* People were still clamoring for Ike...

Best to avoid Twitter comments, there will always be someone complaining. If Ike and Roy get in, they'll complain about Hector. With Hector in, Ephraim next, then Alm, etc.

I'm just happy the game has been successful regardless.

Edited by Florete