Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

5 hours ago, Slumber said:

And I hope Cassandra gets enough to really differentiate herself from Sophitia. I remember they were working on that with 4, where she was much less of a clone of her big sister. Similarly, I hope Lizardman gets his super feral moveset again. I imagine he will, no reason to have him go back to a third character with Sophitia's moveset.

If she gets in the game she probably will. Just look at Seong Mina and Kilik. The more games the more different they feel and play.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I feel they really did make the former "clone" pair, Kilik and Mi-Na, play different enough that you really aren't gonna be able to master playing both by just playing one of them.  They're effectively decloned at this point.

I think Cassandra and Lizardman, if they get in, will play quite differently than Sophie.

On a side note, I found someone who actually wants Patroklos in more than Cassandra.  First of all... how you gonna do that when this game covers a span of time when Sophitia wasn't even pregnant with him?  And second of all, why?  I mean, they said they want a "male" sword-and-shield moveset, but that's a super lame reason to want a super lame character.  I'd sooner go with Link, and I really don't care to have him in this game either.

6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

On a side note, I found someone who actually wants Patroklos in more than Cassandra.  First of all... how you gonna do that when this game covers a span of time when Sophitia wasn't even pregnant with him?  And second of all, why?  I mean, they said they want a "male" sword-and-shield moveset, but that's a super lame reason to want a super lame character.  I'd sooner go with Link, and I really don't care to have him in this game either.

Not Alpha Patroklos? I mean, Alpha Patroklos pretty much just "borrowed" Setsuka's moveset.

Rothion would be a better pick if you really want that moveset, but Setsuka seems far more interesting to begin with.

Setsuka, Cassandra and Lizardman are probably the 3 I want the most right now.

Swap out Lizardman for Yun-seong/Hwang if the idea of two former Sophitia clones being released back to back seems lazy.

Edited by Slumber

58 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

Not Alpha Patroklos? I mean, Alpha Patroklos pretty much just "borrowed" Setsuka's moveset.

Rothion would be a better pick if you really want that moveset, but Setsuka seems far more interesting to begin with.

They mean just straight up, regular Patroklos with the sword and shield.

I also prefer Setsuka, ultimately.

If I had to pick, I'd say my most wanted would be Cassandra and Hwang/Yun-seong.  I feel pretty confident Lizardman's gonna be in the game, there's a lizardman a number of people have reported seeing that wields an axe and shield and a different moveset than anything in the game at base.

I'm also reasonably positive a Dark Souls character(Probably Artorias) will get announced as a guest character, what with both series being published by Bamco.

It's probably one of their bigger franchises right now, and the atmosphere/designs fit well into SC.

Edited by Slumber

23 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'm also reasonably positive a Dark Souls character(Probably Artorias) will get announced as a guest character, what with both series being published by Bamco.

It's probably one of their bigger franchises right now, and the atmosphere/designs fit well into SC.

Sounds plausible. I wonder if they would consider Ornstein as well, although not as iconic. Though either way with Artorias or him their weapon types have been "covered" so to speak. Or just Solaire for the memes.

Having some success with Yoshimitsu. Some advice if you run into him.

His basics are in general fairly fast so can interrupt easily.

His triple vertical attack is strong and fairly fast (and hits middle, so you can't crouch block it), and drains soul gauge when hit by it. However, it is quite predictable so Guard Impact is quite effective against his basics. Quite a few of Yoshi's moves drain soul gauge from the enemy which gives him an advantage to spend meter moves. His kick out of reversal edge drains soul gauge, so you may want to prepare for him choosing that. His back vertical (lunge) also drains soul gauge. You can see where it's going with this. Him being in Indian stance (when he's sitting on the ground) also charges his soul gauge rapidly when he's sitting there, so don't let him, although be careful since he can combo an attack out of it, or teleport.

His launcher is pretty insane. He can knock you up into a grab if he holds it into Mantis stance. He also can easily hit you twice in a row, the latter on the ground, with it for absurd damage if you don't hold block immediately (I have a feeling I was able to exploit that on some newer players already).

He has numerous unblockables, but they're all pretty slow. Nothing much to say other than sidestepping them. He also has eccentric moves like suicide seppuku that you may need to watch out for (though I can never remember them when I go into an actual match).

In soul charge he has a move turn into a grab (down forward horizontal, horizontal) but he also has a new combo with his Mantis stance meaning he can use his launcher to combo you into (launcher, hold in mantis stance, vertical x4), which is dangerous.

He has a command throw (Rainbow Drop, good damage), and some of his grabs are different and do slightly more damage in soul charge.

His critical edge has a decently long startup, but it is actually plus on block advantage due to it being a break attack. That means that it is very hard to punish unless you sidestep it. For example, I won a match by them blocking my critical edge -> them trying to punish with critical edge but myself immediately blocking -> me punishing them after I blocked their super. I would suggest sidestepping (or possibly blocking as soon as you can, not sure if it will block a following combo?) after blocking since he's likely to follow up with vertical attacks.

Watch out if he starts backing away, he may go into Indian stance and then teleport or do his leaping kick (fair distance, but can be interrupted with running attacks it looks like) which knocks you up into the air for an easy critical edge combo.

I'm not really sure how I should be using his Flea stance myself.

Edited by Edgelord

Found a couple of FE characters that people made.

q4VEW5Q.jpg

Ocrn6kF.jpg

Pretty decent recreations, imo.  I guess they had to go with Geralt for Lucy because that's the only single-handed broadsword-oriented moveset in the game.

And there was also...

L7FI1QI.jpg

Obligatory Mr. Clean.  And with probably the most fitting moveset for him - a moveset that has a lot of low sweeping moves.  He's ready to clean the competition.

There were a ton of others I saw, but these ones stuck out to me for one reason or another.

Holy shit, I know some people who'll be happy about that.

Never played any of the Nier games, but I'm interested in this.

It's especially funny since people were already making 2B CaS characters.

Yeah, I know some people who are very happy about this.

I don't think 2B thematically fits Soulcalibur that well, her move-set seems to fit well. She fits better than any of the Star Wars characters, at least.

27 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Honestly, while I was wishing for it I never believed that she'd make the cut. That's neat.

I had a lot of doubts about the possibility.

I mean, with the automaton race in CaS, that weird sci-fi-esque eyepatch that the Aval agents wear, and Geralt being a legitimate character in the story, I guess I should've seen it as more plausible.

But, like, lots of people over on GameFAQs were clamoring for her, and numerous people were confident she'd be in the game with practically nothing to actually back up the claim.  There may have been one or two people who laid out some decent theories, but that's it.  So really, while I didn't mind the notion of her showing up in the game, just all the people raving about it made it feel less likely to happen.

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

She fits better than any of the Star Wars characters, at least.

I feel like the only characters in popular media that would be worse fits for SC than Star Wars characters are Star Trek characters.

Like, what would they even use?  Phasers?

Even friggin' Big Boss from Metal Gear would be a better fit; he could use a combat knife, at least.  And he'd introduce a new menace for Mitsurugi; automatic firearms.

It's funny to me how much Square shoved the Drakengard/Nier franchise into a corner for the last 15 years, and tried not to acknowledge them.

Automata really changed a lot.

14 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I feel like the only characters in popular media that would be worse fits for SC than Star Wars characters are Star Trek characters.

Like, what would they even use?  Phasers?

Even friggin' Big Boss from Metal Gear would be a better fit; he could use a combat knife, at least.  And he'd introduce a new menace for Mitsurugi; automatic firearms.

Eh. I think Star Trek and Star Wars are equally at odds with SC.

Star Trek: Semi-grounded space adventure/drama set in the future.

Star Wars: Complete fantasy space opera set in a different galaxy.

With SC being a historical fantasy, a more "serious" franchise at least set in our world is about as unfitting as a total fantasy set in a different galaxy. There's more fighting/magic in Star Wars, though not everyone in SC uses magic.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Eh. I think Star Trek and Star Wars are equally at odds with SC.

Star Trek: Semi-grounded space adventure/drama set in the future.

Star Wars: Complete fantasy space opera set in a different galaxy.

With SC being a historical fantasy, a more "serious" franchise at least set in our world is about as unfitting as a total fantasy set in a different galaxy. There's more fighting/magic in Star Wars, though not everyone in SC uses magic.

I was referring only in part to how they'd fit story/lore-wise.  I also meant as in how they'd fight.  Granted, I'm not nearly as familiar with Star Trek as I am with Star Wars, but I know that Star Trek certainly isn't known for having a plentiful supply of signature melee combat like Star Wars or SC does.

And it was mostly a point about Star Wars just generally not meshing well with SC.  The jedi could literally just cut through their opponents' weapons and armor.  And the writers made no attempt to explain why that doesn't happen.

That being said, I have absolutely no clue what kind of character 2B is, what her game's setting is like, what her capabilities are, or anything of the sort.  So all things considered, I don't actually know if she's a good fit for the game or not.  Honestly, though, I've got a gut feeling she'll be a better fit than frickin' Yoda and Vader.  Since so many people asked for her, I have to assume she is.

8 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

i hope this stops geralt/2b arguing

it's not going to

Stupid, petty internet debates are immortal.

They never will die.

That's why people still argue about whether Goku or Superman would win in a fight.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You forget Dante vs. Bayonetta. 

I forget about a lot of "character v. character" arguments.

Partly because I'm not familiar with every IP out there.

And also because they're all the same.

10 hours ago, qwernst said:

So I take it 2B is one of the 3 DLC characters in the Season Pass?

Yes, and she comes with the first pack of DLC.

eMVYcoH.jpg

18 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

So really, while I didn't mind the notion of her showing up in the game, just all the people raving about it made it feel less likely to happen.

I believed that too. There was signal that hinted a partnership between Nier and Blazblue and now boom. SoulCalibur x Nier out of nowhere.

Also, what are the "100 customisation parts" holds in the Season Pass? The two armor packs are tied to the DLC characters but what are those parts?

3 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Also, what are the "100 customisation parts" holds in the Season Pass? The two armor packs are tied to the DLC characters but what are those parts?

I'd like to say it's those little parts like the cubes and hearts that you can place on your character as well as stickers/patterns, but I have doubts that they'd have more than a hundred of those.

Then again, look where my doubt got me with 2B being in the game.

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd like to say it's those little parts like the cubes and hearts that you can place on your character as well as stickers/patterns, but I have doubts that they'd have more than a hundred of those.

That's a bit lame but I guess we will learn about it sooner or later.