Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've played a few games with Sophitia, Tira, Kilik, Taki, Mitsurugi. The game mechanics are fun, even when losing the majority of the time (me). 

Mostly been going off the moves here - and by that I mean mashing because I'm bad at fighting games.
http://d1vtv52f4vjbmu.cloudfront.net/games/soulcalibur6/sc6_obt_ps4.pdf

Tira is pretty tricky with the vertical attacks when she's in Gloomy, and I've noticed that Groh has very fast combos that I haven't found the best way to punish yet.

Played the beta all 3 days. I had a lot of fun, tried every character at least once, but stuck mostly with Sophitia, Tira, and Ivy.

I can not wait until the game releases and I get to play it again.

Just 17 more days..

2 hours ago, Tsunami922 said:

Official trailer for Inferno has been revealed.

This is funny to me, considering how the beta went.

"Hm... people really hated fighting Nightmare... What if we made him 3x faster and he could teleport?"

Man, was Kilik looking like that in the original? Did he face Inferno in SCI? Asking as I never played it.

Also, yep there's the game breaker, like Yoda or Night Terror (Christ, I don't remember ever unlocking Night Terror, but that he was). While I'll miss Inferno's look in SCII, this version looks jacked. Good lock indeed.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Man, was Kilik looking like that in the original? Did he face Inferno in SCI? Asking as I never played it.

His design in 6 is really close to his one in SC (except the Necalli/Evil-Seed mode). He did face off Nightmare and duel Inferno. 

Edited by Ycine

On 04/10/2018 at 8:17 PM, Edgelord said:

I have a feeling whoever picks him locally will be known as "that dick" the same as picking Yoda in SC4.

Luckily you can't use him online.

Alas, without a OP character, it seems like online players will be doomed to use the same technique as always, finding the statisticaly best and easiest to use. :p
Ahaha... it's funny because I'm kinda like that too.

Sooooo, OP character that we'll have to stunlock to have a chance or... ?

Just an OP character that will literally turn your Arcade experience into hell.

I do not look forward that but I'm still curious to see how much bullsh*t it's going to throw at us.

Edited by Ycine
Bad grammar

On 10/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, Dayni said:

If you mean his "demon" form, it was implied in his backstory in the original, but I don't believe you ever saw it.

From a stream today, Cassandra and Rothion appear in Sophitia's story mode. Cassandra looks like she has a redesign and is likely a future DLC character.

mdR6Lsz.jpgcassandra-2-jpg.51829

6d6fa14f2c.jpg

Edited by Edgelord

21 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

From a stream today, Cassandra and Rothion appear in Sophitia's story mode. Cassandra looks like she has a redesign and is likely a future DLC character.

mdR6Lsz.jpgcassandra-2-jpg.51829

6d6fa14f2c.jpg

Oh right, Maximilian Dood and a bunch of other fighting game streamers went to Bamco today to check out the full game.

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Oh right, Maximilian Dood and a bunch of other fighting game streamers went to Bamco today to check out the full game.

I thought Max did good on his recreation of Lady Maria from Bloodborne considering limits on hands-on. It'll be nice to see what people come up with, and I hope I don't just have to fight unspeakable monstrosities.

d429d4c5c6.png

159bf2b0ac.jpg

Edited by Edgelord

23 hours ago, Edgelord said:

cassandra-2-jpg.51829

What's with this game and the crazy wide-eyed expressions?

I'd ask Seong Mi-na, but uh...

v8hz5a6ohde11.png

I'm afraid to.

Anyway, I did preorder the Deluxe Edition (like the hypocritical consumer lacking integrity that I am), so I'm glad there's a hint of Cassie being in the game.

Sorry for ye old double post, but I'm sure the mods can overlook this slight on their name.

As of today, SC VI is less than a week out for release!

Role call, who's preordered the game?  Who's getting Deluxe or any other special edition?  Who's waiting to see more info before buying, and who's gonna not preorder but buy it day/week one?  And for which platforms?

As I said before, I preordered the Deluxe Edition for the PC via Steam.  90 whole US dollars out of my wallet, I hope it'll deliver.

I got the deluxe edition for £51, PC.

There hasn't really been much news except for a certain other character being part of a characters storyline. You may remember a SCII intro scene. Though people do have review copies or early copies and seem to be free to stream it currently.

9xCwCAC.jpg

Edited by Edgelord

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Sorry for ye old double post, but I'm sure the mods can overlook this slight on their name.

As of today, SC VI is less than a week out for release!

Role call, who's preordered the game?  Who's getting Deluxe or any other special edition?  Who's waiting to see more info before buying, and who's gonna not preorder but buy it day/week one?  And for which platforms?

As I said before, I preordered the Deluxe Edition for the PC via Steam.  90 whole US dollars out of my wallet, I hope it'll deliver.

Sophitia is my main, so I'm getting a PS4 collector's edition. And a season pass.

This is my most anticipated game for the year, so i'm going all out for it.

Edited by Tsunami922

I'm still unsure if I'll get it for PC or PS4.

My IRL friends getting it are getting it for PS4, but I only boot up my PS4 once in a blue moon, so I'd probably play with them a few times and then it'd just collect dust for years.

Getting it on PC would ensure that I'd play it for more than a few hours of my life, but then I won't be able to play with my friends.

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'm still unsure if I'll get it for PC or PS4.

My IRL friends getting it are getting it for PS4, but I only boot up my PS4 once in a blue moon, so I'd probably play with them a few times and then it'd just collect dust for years.

Getting it on PC would ensure that I'd play it for more than a few hours of my life, but then I won't be able to play with my friends.

I know how that feels.

I mean, I don't have a PS4, but I still feel the same isolation from not being able to play with all my friends who have PS4's.

8 hours ago, Tsunami922 said:

Sophitia is my main, so I'm getting a PS4 collector's edition. And a season pass.

This is my most anticipated game for the year, so i'm going all out for it.

Sophie's one of my mains as well.  She was pretty much the first female character I've used in a fighting game.

I'm really looking forward to the game as well!  I haven't bought too many games this year, but I've always liked SC and this looks like it has the best of both the older games and the newer ones.

I'm getting it day one on PC with the season pass.

I actually stumble upon this : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KVSoM0W5t7gGcpGOwuLWEw13GUcIyEBD

It's the "Combat Lessons" for all the starting roster provided by Silent Joel.

Edited by Ycine
Add some intel

On 12/10/2018 at 12:10 AM, Dayni said:

I'm more surprised that Rothion has an image honestly.

I know right ? And for a Blacksmith, he is bishonen as hell.
Cassandra is kawai too, look at that haircut.
Raph with that expression look like the love child of Dio and Camus.

I'll probably buy the game in a few years at worst on the online store, with a discount, that I can actually afford it. eh. True peasant strat I know. No shame. Nuhuh.

game comes out in a couple days, looks like a bunch of people did get early copies on consoles. Reviews are hovering around 85% if you put any stock in that (on par with other fighting games)

And someone uploaded the entire moveset of all the characters if you want to take an early look:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ4DU9r2NtS5vKIXYoAPqgI8jvnP8VaUl