Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. All I'm hoping for at this point is confirmation of Taki and/or Cassandra being back, so hopefully they show up in whatever's playable at EVO Japan.

Definitely looks cool.  Hopefully it doesn't fall victim to the micro transaction plague seeming to go around with multi player titles.  Moreover I hope they don't pull a Street Fighter V with little in the way of single player.  SCII was the only one I really got into and that had a plethora of modes in it.  Mitsurugi looks like a bamf by the way although a bit young.

On 1/7/2018 at 8:21 PM, LordOTaco said:

Definitely looks cool.  Hopefully it doesn't fall victim to the micro transaction plague seeming to go around with multi player titles.  Moreover I hope they don't pull a Street Fighter V with little in the way of single player.  SCII was the only one I really got into and that had a plethora of modes in it.  Mitsurugi looks like a bamf by the way although a bit young.

Wasn't there an SC5 version that was like a F2P Model? Maybe that was just Tekken. But yeah, I hope we get a 'complete' game whenever this drops, but I haven't minded the sane approaches to post release content some games are doing. SC definitely seems like the fighting game that's going to have a lot of cosmetic packs though...

1 hour ago, Xero560 said:

Wasn't there an SC5 version that was like a F2P Model? Maybe that was just Tekken. But yeah, I hope we get a 'complete' game whenever this drops, but I haven't minded the sane approaches to post release content some games are doing. SC definitely seems like the fighting game that's going to have a lot of cosmetic packs though...

That was Soul Calibur: Lost Swords.

If that info graphic is accurate I'd say this game isn't looking to disappoint us any time soon, at least until 3/4th's of the roster is put behind a lootbox system. But now that I know that official announcements are coming on Friday this week is gonna take forever, this is the price I pay for a being a massive nerd who gets a little too exited for his own good.

I only played SCII on the Gamecube b/c Link, but

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Also what? Evil Kilik? Soul Edge went for him instead of Cervantes?

IRRC the backstory info on Kilik said there was some Evil Seed incident or something where he killed most of teachers and fellow students, or something like that. So it wouldn't be the first time he was possessed if I recall right.

Spoiler

True. There was a incident where he was possessed by Soul Edge and that's the trigger that made him start his journey meeting Maxi and the others.

Completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Not many surprises here, but it was still really cool! The new character Groh looks awesome, I'm happy Nightmare is back(not that I was worried), Xianghua it going to make a close friend of mine very happy, and Evil Kilik caught me off guard , but in a good way.

Also it sounds like the English voice actors definitely sound like they're reprisals from SCIV. I swear on my soul and sword that's Wendy Lee(Xianghua) and Grant George(Kilik).

@Tsunami922, your picutre isn't showing up.

I'm posting a link to the picture in the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler

And just as Tsunami said, it does look like Siegfried will be playable but as Nightmare.

3 hours ago, Tsunami922 said:

Hide contents

[IMG]

Seems that Siegfried and Nightmare will be the same character this time around.

1 hour ago, Ycine said:

@Tsunami922, your picutre isn't showing up.

I'm posting a link to the picture in the spoiler tag below.

Hide contents

And just as Tsunami said, it does look like Siegfried will be playable but as Nightmare.

Like old times indeed.

Though there is a lot of footage already to see, I want to share one from Kayane.

Spoiler

We can see a part of Possessed Kilik near the end. Compared to other characters his Soul Charge does not empty the super bar but drain his own life points.

Visibly, Kilik accepted his destiny, and choosed to feature Raiden from Metal Gear.
It's completly him . 'The hair are not white'. Shhh. :p

Nightmare-sama, under that armor, you look as fabulous as always !

so there's a very likely to be fake roster out there that Vergeben says is fake but I found the two new characters speculated after Groh interesting. Maybe it's just because I like the idea of a scimitar-wielder and basically a character like Hisako from Killer Instinct is cool.

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/958508942841102336/photo/1

• 3 weeks later...