Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

Welp, the leaks are real. Gotta say though, his game-play looks really cool despite how briefly it showed up in the trailer. As I've said before I don't know much about The Witcher series, but Geralt looks like a character I'd be willing to try play, if nothingness than to see flashy spell casting mixed with speedy swordplay. It will be pretty much the closest thing I'll have to playing as my Tiefling Magus from Pathfinder in a video game.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I might just think Geralt's the guest I'd be most interested in playing in the series. Sure, Link's in SC2 (Sorry Heihaci/Spawn) but only in the GC. SC3 barely has one in KOS-MOS. Lloyd Irving I have no knowledge of as a character. SC4 giving us Star Wars characters was a weird move and one that didn't work imo and the other one doesn't quite count either. In SC5, Jin's like KOS-MOS and Ezio...... okay, I might have a little regret not picking it up because of that, but SC5 has a bunch of other issues so it's a bullet dodged. Geralt's moveset looks pretty cool and stands out with being able to spells in combat.

I'll have to tell a friend about this, he's far more knowledgeable on him than me.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Lloyd Irving I have no knowledge of as a character.

Lloyd was playable in a spin off episode on the Wii. It wasn't really a SoulCalibur.

Err, we don't get to see much of his gameplay but he looks freakin' cool so I'll roll with that.

Edited by Ycine

I wasn't especially interested in this game, as I don't care for fighting games outside of Smash Bros., but Geralt may have sold me on it.

The Witcher is one of the greatest franchises in gaming, and the charismatic White Wolf is such a huge part of that. He may be gaming's greatest protagonist.

18 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Not quite as interesting as people said he could be, but still has abilities outside his sword.

We didn't see very much. I didn't see Yrden (trap sign) or Aard being used, or any bombs or crossbows which could be used (and potentially a potion for his soul charge animation)

Otherwise, his fighting style is mostly grounded, but can feature pirouettes and the like.

Edited by Tryhard

Wha ? Well... okay fine, it's cool I guess ? I mean, I love Geralt, I love The Witcher 3... but I don't see why they would do that, I mean, it must have costed lot of money for that cameo, money that could have gone into better uses. but... okay, I'm not complaining.

...Where's best waifu Roach ? :o

• 3 weeks later...

Is that why Soul Calibur VI will actually be present at Revolution 2018 this year? Or is it just going to be a newest build with Ivy, Zasalamel and Geralt?

Nevermind that, I'd be happy to see it launch mid summer. 

Based on the rythm of the reveals so far I don't believe that the game will be out soon though. But E3 is also in June and they may just be waiting for a big annoucement around that time.

We'll see.

I don't think people who are familiar with the Soul Calibur series are going to be terribly surprised by Siegfried's appearance, but it's still always nice to see legacy characters come back regardless.

22 hours ago, Tsunami922 said:

So.. it sounds like there might be some sort of news on the 19th..

Game developers... always dangling carrots in front of our noses. I'm sure it's gonna be another character because that's what we look forward to the most, but if it's something like a new game mode yet to be seen I'd be down with that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Tsunami922 said:

Typically we get these on Thursdays, but after the leak, I suppose it couldn't wait.

When the leaks get to a point where stuff like this starts to happen it's usually time to call a plumber. Someone punch me for that please.

I wasn't very surprised to see Taki again much like Siegfried, but that's not to say it was a bad reveal. The roster is shaping up to be pretty solid as far as I can tell. Looking forward to what they might have planed for E3, hopefully it's going to include new game modes alongside brand new characters and some more returning fan favorites.

4 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

When the leaks get to a point where stuff like this starts to happen it's usually time to call a plumber. Someone punch me for that please.

I wasn't very surprised to see Taki again much like Siegfried, but that's not to say it was a bad reveal. The roster is shaping up to be pretty solid as far as I can tell. Looking forward to what they might have planed for E3, hopefully it's going to include new game modes alongside brand new characters and some more returning fan favorites.

Welllll after V they kinda have to show who would otherwise be obvious after the enormous amount of stupid choices that happened in V.

18 hours ago, Jedi said:

Welllll after V they kinda have to show who would otherwise be obvious after the enormous amount of stupid choices that happened in V.

That's a fair point. I think Namco is going to do everything in it's power to not repeat Soul Calibur V with VI, or at least that's what I'll hope and pray for.

On 5/3/2018 at 7:02 AM, TheGoodHoms said:

That's a fair point. I think Namco is going to do everything in it's power to not repeat Soul Calibur V with VI, or at least that's what I'll hope and pray for.

Yeah, we already got, like, five problems already fixed in SC VI, just looking at the roster alone.  It's insane thinking about how many of these characters were missing in SC V.

I still have to wait and see if Cass n Seong are in the game.  Though I probably could make do with Sophie if they don't put in Cassandra.  And I'm glad to see the skintights ninja is officially back.  Who ever thought it was a good idea to get rid of her?  And I still remember that one time someone pulled an April Fools prank on GameFAQs showing footage of Taki... from Soul Calibur 4.  Good times...

• 2 weeks later...