The Second Well

SB.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Walrein said:

Favorite SNES era game that I've probably never heard of?

Favorite game to speedrun?

Favorite game to watch speedruns of?

• Favorite SNES era game? Lufia 2, hands down.
    • That you've never heard of? Uhh, probably Secret of Evermore 
    • To get a bit more obscure, Illusions of Gaia.
  • Favorite game to speedrun? Again, Lufia 2 is my jam
    • though I've been picking up Momodora IV: Reverie under the Moonlight and also been doing heavy practice with Shining Force 1 & 2, Fire Emblem and Metroid Zero Mission among my upper tier favs.
  • Favorite game to watch speedruns of? I've always enjoyed watching Super Metroid speedruns, since there's so many ways to approach them and they don't really capitalize on any kind of glitches (outside of Xray Scope glitch which isn't commonly used in the runs I watch).
    • Tetris Grandmaster runs are an absolute blast to watch. If you ever want to watch great speedruns with a pretty much entirely healthy community, watch AGDQ/SGDQ speedruns of anything Tetris related, preferably races.
  • If you link me, I could (but then you're signing up for mine next month right?).

Fun as heck Tetris Block

Edited by Elieson

20 hours ago, Paperblade said:

Are you familiar with RPG Limit Break (speedrun charity event) and/or Ghostwheel?

Heck yea. I have helped a few people with routing strats for RPGLimitBreak just this year (look forward to Phantasy Star 4 with a bit of effort from my part in there), and I may be on the commentary team for RPGLB's stream-a-thons for Lufia 2. What's Ghostwheel though?

17 hours ago, Shinori said:

Have you played Trails games? Like Trails in the sky or Cold steel?

I have Trails 1 but I haven't played it yet beyond the first maybe 30 minutes. I was gonna record & LP it but now that you remind me of it, it's probably wayyyyyy too long ofa game to LP so I think i'll kick it back open this weekend and see what all the hubbub is really about.

6 hours ago, Elieson said:

Heck yea. I have helped a few people with routing strats for RPGLimitBreak just this year (look forward to Phantasy Star 4 with a bit of effort from my part in there), and I may be on the commentary team for RPGLB's stream-a-thons for Lufia 2. What's Ghostwheel though?

He's a speedrunner (and also a mod on smogon's mafia forum, goes by Blazade there). He was at limit break last year doing Chain of Memories

6 hours ago, SB. said:

if you were a pokemon what would you be

if you were a pokemon trainer what would your team be

What would I be? Probably a Furfrou, knowing my luck. 

Dream Team? Jolteon/Aggron/Staraptor/Druddigon/Hawlucha/Probopass

6 hours ago, Shinori said:

Rate Eevee and Co.

Best to worst.

Jolteon>Espeon/Sylveon>Eevee>Vaporeon>Glaceon>Flareon>Leafeon

4 hours ago, Paperblade said:

He's a speedrunner (and also a mod on smogon's mafia forum, goes by Blazade there). He was at limit break last year doing Chain of Memories

Oh snap, that's like the one thing I didn't pay much watch on. I'll have to check it out though, i've been brushing up on replaying kingdom hearts stuff again and CoM is a fun game to watch.

4 hours ago, Grace said:

what is the best speedgame of all time and why is it not sm64?

what is the best genre to speedrun? best to watch?

SM64 is a fabulous watch. SGDQ 2015 was an amazing year.

Platformers (2D) are the best to watch though. Metroid speedruns are great. 3D games have so much out-of-boundsing...but most 2D look more for finesse in handling the character, rather than looking for glitches, which I enjoy more.

1 hour ago, BBM said:

when did you get into speedrunning? I didn't realize this was something you were so in to

inb4 you've been doing it all along

About...2-ish years ago.  

32 minutes ago, kirsche said:

Favourite speedrunners? Best speedrunner streams? (Not necessarily the same thing).

Do you know/follow Werster/Trihex/DSS/Sylux89?

Speedrunners? Miles (Metroid Prime, Zero Mission), kirbymastah (FE, Zero Mission), and Witwix (boshy) are my upper tier runners to watch.

Speedrun Streams? RPG Limit Break is great. The recently held Really Really Long-a-thon was a fun watch, because it had speedruns of dozens of games during a Baten Kaitos speedrun happening on top of each other. I like the GDQs of 2014-2017 too; rewatching highlights of them doesn't get old to me.

Trihex and Werster, I follow closely enough. I'm not sure I know of Sylux89. DSS is the Sonic speedrunner right? I haven't kept up with him as a runner but I have seen his runs.

6 minutes ago, Grace said:

disappoint. smh my head

Commented marathon runs are fine if you ignore twitch chat during the gdq events

Edited by Elieson

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

You didn't even name Based Umbreon wtf.

Damnit i knew i was forgetting something but couldn't think of what

Jolteon>Espeon/Sylveon>Umbreon>Eevee>Vaporeon>Glaceon>Flareon>Leafeon