The age of Brave Lyn is over. The time of the dragons has come!

Charmeleonbrah

*Cue joyful choral muzak"*

I think we can safely say that the tyranny of Brave Lyn has at last abated.  No more agonizing over the nameless terror that haunts the Arena any longer!  The rise of the dragons has swept her away.  Why agonize over who will receive Bowbreaker 3 from your limited-supply Setsuna?  Just use one of the many dragons available and give them Lightning Breath+!  In Arena Assault, you could easily have 4-5 ridiculously bulky dragons who sit on defensive tiles and devour B! Lyn just like you devoured pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. 

Let us rejoice!  Brave Lyn is dead; we have killed her!

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think BH!Lyn was ever that scary. Ran triple BH!Lyn defense team and triple Reinhardt defense team, and triple Reinhardt defense team always give me in excess of 10+ wins every week. I ran triple BH!Lyn defense team before and it got me like five or something, definitely less than ten. Two of them ran Firesweep Bow and one with Brave Bow.

Tbh, B.lyn and Reinhardt were never a problem for me. My B.Ike just tanks and kills them both. The're the main reason why he's mandatory for my Arena team.

Edited by Skylorella Con

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think BH!Lyn was ever that scary. Ran triple BH!Lyn defense team and triple Reinhardt defense team, and triple Reinhardt defense team always give me in excess of 10+ wins every week. I ran triple BH!Lyn defense team before and it got me like five or something, definitely less than ten. Two of them ran Firesweep Bow and one with Brave Bow.

Out of curiosity, why not one with Mulagir? Seems like it would've been helpful for mages.

Guard bow on her might be interesting now though, too. That's potentially 30ish defense and 40ish res while maintaining her offense, granted not on initiation and she still can't take a melee attack worth a damn.

Anyway, yeah, she's still great in a player's hands and neither she nor Rein were really all that much of a PITA unless there was a dancer to make things more difficult from my experience.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Bow+ Watersweep Lyn new meta go.

Wouldn't not being able to quad take away a lot of the appeal of CYLyn?

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wouldn't not being able to quad take away a lot of the appeal of CYLyn?

She could run +atk, BB+, DB3, QP, moonbow to essentially be a physical Rein (49 attack on initiation vs 50). I can't imagine it'd be ideal, and it would probably be worse than firesweep+, but it doesn't seem like it'd be terrible.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The point of Arena defense teams is to be annoying.

I thought it was supposed to be terrifying educational. My Reinhardts taught 10+ eager students every week on which team compositions and tactics do not work.

Rein and Brave Lyn on their own can be handled, it's when their together and complimented by the other units where it gets tough. I had a team of Fjorm (Deflect Magic 3), Reinhardt (ATK+3) B!Lyn (QP) and Hector (DD3 + S Support with Lyn).

On my last Arena battle I was stuck against a Rein with Hone cav, a Sigurd and B!Lyn with Fortify Cav and a Priscilla with Fear+, Wrathful and Dazzling staff.

Hector couldn't bait Rein without being in Sigurd's range. B!Lyn couldn't bait the other one without being in Rein's range, Fjorm couldn't kill Rein because he had Lancebreaker and Rein can't bait to begin with. That was the most hellish and impossible Arena battle I've ever dealt with. I couldn't OHKO any of the units so every time I whittled one down Priscilla would just heal them, eventually my B!Lyn died. Then I could finish the team off.

*shivers* What a nightmare. I couldn't give that team the satisfaction of getting an Arena defense win though, I had to finish the fight.

@XRay I would have rather dealt with 3 Reinhardts. At least I could have baited one with Hector and killed the other two with my own Rein and Brave Lyn.

Edited by Zeo

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

I thought it was supposed to be terrifying educational. My Reinhardts taught 10+ eager students every week on which team compositions and tactics do not work.

Reinhardt is the reason my Nino has Deflect Magic 3. Now, Reinhardt is much of an issue. For Lyn, I have Robin. The problem is if I have to fight both.

24 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Yeah, I've never had a problem with Brave Lyn, since Tiki is in my core Arena team. When Brave Lyn first came out, I said Tiki was a great counter to her. So I don't quite understand the revelatory tone in the OP?

I think it's because the new Lightning Breath + allows for targeting Lyn's terrible defense.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

i want to meet that triple Reinhardt Team with my Clair, the amount of 0 dmg taken that charge up my Iceberg for a distant counter sweeps would be delicious. But that Team prolly has too low Arena points for me to run into.

But yes the age of Dragons has come and the decline of ranged units has started. The Arena is currently getting swamped with Dragons slowly and i am seeing fewer and fewer ranged units. Lucky for me i am prepared for Dragons :X (at least when it comes to Arena, for Arena assault i need to adjust a few things ._.)

I might need to actually pull a Soren on some mages. Nice job on makeing Watersweep relevant SI (to some degree)!

Edited by Hilda

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Yeah, I've never had a problem with Brave Lyn, since Tiki is in my core Arena team. When Brave Lyn first came out, I said Tiki was a great counter to her. So I don't quite understand the revelatory tone in the OP?

I can never seem to troll you guys. 

3 hours ago, MCProductions said:

Screenshot_20171205-171516.pngII

I think I know

You, @BANRYU, @Astellius, and I run #TeamAdultTiki.  I pretty much just sit her on a defense tile and Arena matches are over.  I run your setup too except with Reciprocal Aid and Defense +3 (until/if I summon B! Ike or Celica for SB/DD3).

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Out of curiosity, why not one with Mulagir? Seems like it would've been helpful for mages.

I think the first time I ran triple BH!Lyn team was one Brave Bow and two Mulagirs. I only got a couple of wins that week. I switched to two Firesweep-Cancel Affinity and one Brave Bow, and the results were about the same.

3 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I can never seem to troll you guys. 

You, @BANRYU, @Astellius, and I run #TeamAdultTiki.  I pretty much just sit her on a defense tile and Arena matches are over.  I run your setup too except with Reciprocal Aid and Defense +3 (until/if I summon B! Ike or Celica for SB/DD3).

Team Adult Tiki is best team. I like Reciprocal Aid on her as well, it helps her get back into QR range if she had to tank a magic hit or a special. I also used to run Def+3, but upgraded to Steady Stance 3 a few weeks ago. With it, she's often untouchable.

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Team Adult Tiki is best team. I like Reciprocal Aid on her as well, it helps her get back into QR range if she had to tank a magic hit or a special. I also used to run Def+3, but upgraded to Steady Stance 3 a few weeks ago. With it, she's often untouchable.

Hopefully Brave Ike is on the next Legendary Heroes banner, or even better, Steady Breath is released as a Sacred Seal.  I hope all those Armor Emblem guys know that their +10 Amelia that they spent thousands of dollars on goes down in one round against Tiki.

If Brave Lyn is further nerfed in the future, I will hold a wake for her glorious thighs and must-have boots.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Bow+ Watersweep Lyn new meta go.

Literally

Nothing actually counters her does it

Anyway yeah, Manaketes are a lot more viable now with their special refinement upgrades. I'm going to be building a Nowi to replace Lancina my core just for easier merges. Now killing Brave Lyn will also be super easy! HA HA

Yay! I was one of the people who struggled with Brave Lyn. If I lost an arena match she usually had a hand in it. She might not be on par with Reinhardt in terms of units I've built specifically to deal with her but she's definitely in the upper echelon of units I worry about encountering as a part of horse emblem (especially on certain maps). I wish they'd tweak the arena point formula again to make it so teams of something like one point slave infantry unit and 3 +10 optimal horse emblem weren't so pervasive when you've got an infantry only team lol. Thankfully I think I've escaped the range of 3 cavalry reposition units and a dancer. Now that was true suffering.

I didn't have any particular attachment to the dragons so I never really used them or built them up much beyond slapping a messy kit onto them from extra fodder cluttering my barracks. I'm kicking myself over the amount of Nowis I've sacrificed for rally defense and the Adult Tikis used for bonfire. I even sacked her for defiant attack 3 more than once. For some reason the Adult Tiki I kept is -HP +speed and I know I had a -speed + defense at one point. Oops. So many Faes have been sacrificed for renewal 3 as well.

Based on their frequency of appearance I consider the dragons available at 4 stars all part time or full time stalkers so it shouldn't be a problem to get extras - they will now become my priority for promoting because forging has made them too good against my problem units to ignore any longer. Getting lightning breath for all dragons is gonna take a while though...

B-but what about my anti Brave!Lynn, I  mean Boey? Arena seasons have been super easy because he was able to take 0 damage from her and kill her in one turn with bowbreaker. I have a Falchion user to counter some dragons unless they have sword breaker ir quick reposte.  I sure wish Brave Lynn's meta days weren't gone so quickly;-;

Lynhardt has always had a counter (TA GronnRaven with bowbreaker) but it was annoyingly specific. As far as dragon meta goes, I haven't really struggling with most I've faced. You just let them attack you and they go down pretty easily.