Awesome or Crazy.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Awesome or Crazy.

• Awesome.
    • Crazy.
    • In Between.

So let me get this straight, so if Eliwood marries Ninian (Which I believe that he did.) then Roy would be part dragon, wouldn't it be just awesome or completely crazy that Roy can be a Manakete, like Morgan can be if Male Robin marries either Nowi, Nah, or Tiki? I know it is just a silly question, but I'm a little confused about the situation.

tumblr_owaep0EkrA1ukximco1_400.png

b6dmc1uypqfz.png

Edited by TheXGamer

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Untrue. Robin can marry Nah, a half-manakete, and have Morgan be a quarter-manakete that can transform. 

That doesn't prove anything. After all, there's no proof that the mananetes of Elibe are exactly like the ones in Ylisse, is there? Furthermore, Roy can't transform in FE6, so if Ninian is his canon mother, then that supports my statement.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I started reading this as a result of that point brought up.

Apparently Elibe dragons are never called manaketes(although the same applies to fates), but instead store their abilities in stones as a result of Ending Winter.

The only true dragon in elibe with a dragonstone is Fae; Ninian's transformation has nothing to do with a stone.

Spoiler

Back on Valor, Nergal attempts to get Ninian to cooperate, but fails. He then preys on her newfound love of Eliwood, asking her what the lord would think when he learned of her true identity. Plagued by these thoughts, Ninian reverted to her dragon form, effectively losing her memories of the journey except for a desire to see Eliwood, and leaves to see him—crossing a long distance in the span of few hours to get her only wish.
However, Ninian arrives just after Eliwood retrieves the Blazing Sword, Durandal, and is slain by the noble, who did not know who she was at the time and was briefly controlled by Durandal's power as well. Dying, Ninian uses her remaining quintessence to revert to her human form, which reveals the secret of the two siblings to everyone. She dies in Eliwood's arms, begging him to protect the land of Elibe, as Nergal laughs over his victory.

I don't consider Idoun and the war dragons in the same category due to being created artificially and or tainted(in the case of Idoun).

So I have no idea if Roy would be able to inherit any draconic abilities. Eliwood technically has no canon wife(Ninian is assumed), and Elibe dragon abilities seem inconsistent with other dragons.

Edited by Chocolate Kitty

32 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

He'd only be a quarter manakete though, which is probably not enough to transform.

Then we have the issue of Sophia, who is also a Manakete yet is unable to transform and we're never given a reason as to why. Right now, it looks like whether or not half-blooded Manaketes in Elibe can transform is up to genetics.

9 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Furthermore, Roy can't transform in FE6, so if Ninian is his canon mother, then that supports my statement.

Except it doesn't because FE6 wasn't made with FE7 in mind. The only way we'll know whether or not Ninian is Roy's mother and whether he would be able to transform is for an FE6 remake to happen.

As for my 2 cents, i don't think Roy would be able to transform, at least not completely, but he'd still have some draconic ice powers within him. Perhaps weak powers but they'd be present.

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on a second, I think I know something, Corrin is half Human, and half Dragon, and if he/she marries anyone, then Kana would be a 1/4 Dragon, and I saw that she/he can turn into a Dragon even though there is more Human Blood than Dragon Blood in Kana...so I think this case is kind of solved.

4 hours ago, TheXGamer said:

Hold on a second, I think I know something, Corrin is half Human, and half Dragon, and if he/she marries anyone, then Kana would be a 1/4 Dragon, and I saw that she/he can turn into a Dragon even though there is more Human Blood than Dragon Blood in Kana...so I think this case is kind of solved.

And I think you need to to work on your reading skills. omegaxis1 proposed something similar, to which NinjaMonkey pointed out that Elibe dragons are never stated to work the same as dragons from other games.

What makes anyone think they even want to confirm which mother is cannon? No game since fe5 has confirmed cannon parents from another game. In fates' hidden truths DLC, they went so far as to have anankos change all the children's hair color off pannel so you could not use original hair color to deduce cannon parents.

Edited by sirmola

Dragons aren't really consistent between Fire Emblem settings. Ninian from the Elibe saga can transform even though she is half-human and half-dragon, but Soren from the Tellius saga is half-human and half-dragon too, and he can't.

Come to think of it, dragons aren't really consistent within the Elibe saga either: Ninian can transform, but Sophia can't.

In any case, while we don't know much about Sophia's parentage, or how much of her is dragon and how much is human, it seems reasonable to suppose that 1/4 dragon might be too little to transform.

And even if Roy were 1/4 dragon and could transform, he'd need an Ice Dragonstone (of which there are none known to remain in Elibe). Come to think of it, that might also explain Sophia's inability to transform.

Edited by Paper Jam

23 minutes ago, Paper Jam said:

Dragons aren't really consistent between Fire Emblem settings. Ninian from the Elibe saga can transform even though she is half-human and half-dragon, but Soren from the Tellius saga is half-human and half-dragon too, and he can't.

Come to think of it, dragons aren't really consistent within the Elibe saga either: Ninian can transform, but Sophia can't.

To be fair, the dragons of Tellius are another thing altogether, with it's own set of rules, so it's not really a fair comparison.

Actually, not really. Since we don't really get enough info on the matter. We don't know if Sophia can or can't transform. The only thing for sure is that, if she can, she chooses not to. The one thing consistant with most games is that the dragonstones house most of the dragon's energy, as for one reason or another, they no longer can afford having said energy with them anymore, needing an external storage for it. There's also the matter if said energy can be used for other things, instead of just tranforming back to their original selves. One could say that with Ninian, and Nils, they're using said energy for the effects of their dances/music, instead of transforming. As for Sophia... well, it's stated she has like premonition-related powers, so between that and her ability with dark magic, that could be also a thing to use the energy. But that's just conjecture.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Honestly, the concept comes across as way over the top and just plain ridiculous.

The idea kinda reminds me of how absurd the FE6 manga was...

Edited by CatManThree

We don't know if Sophia can or can't transform.

In the absence of any evidence that Sophia can transform, it's more reasonable to assume that she can't.

Particularly considering these two points: Dragons in Elibe need a Dragonstone to transform, and Sophia doesn't have a Dragonstone.

Edited by Paper Jam

• 1 month later...

Quarter manakete should be enough to transform.

The problem, as mentioned, is that allowing Roy to do this would canonize Eliwood x Ninian.

And although Fe7 heavily ships Eliwood x Ninian as a particularly favored pairing, officially, its still supposed to be open options. 

• 4 weeks later...

I do like to see Roy can change into a Manakete Dragon even for Fire Emblem Heroes, but I think it would be unlikely due to Ninian is one of the potential mothers in The Blazing Blade. And that would be a huge plot twist in Fire Emblem Heroes if they do a banner or a Event Reward if they made Roy as a Manakete and alot of people be shocked that they'll saw that Ninian is the real potential mother of Roy.

Edited by King Marth 64

Everybody is arguing about how possible this may or may not be and I'm just sitting here going, those are nice sprites in the OP, who made them?

But to add to the conversation...how would the Pheraens react to having a manakete prince? Would they think it's awesome? Shun him? A little bit of both?

On 3/5/2018 at 7:22 PM, Dragoncat said:

Everybody is arguing about how possible this may or may not be and I'm just sitting here going, those are nice sprites in the OP, who made them?

But to add to the conversation...how would the Pheraens react to having a manakete prince? Would they think it's awesome? Shun him? A little bit of both?

I'm pretty sure Eliwood nor Hector possibly never told Roy he's quarter part Manakete if Ninian really is his mother. I'm guessing that if he somewhat obtain her mother's Icestone, I'm pretty sure he would transform into an Ice Dragon Manakete since Manaketes do need a Dragonstone to control in their Dragon form. But, like Sophia, she never obtained a Dragonstone since she already in a Shaman class.

Edited by King Marth 64

5 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm pretty sure Eliwood nor Hector possibly never told Roy he's quarter part Manakete if Ninian really is his mother. I'm guessing that if he somewhat obtain her mother's Icestone, I'm pretty sure he would transform into a Ice Dragon Manakete since Manaketes do need a Dragonstone to control in their Dragon form. But, like Sophia, she never obtained a Dragonstone since she already in a Shaman class.

True, but if he's anything like Corrin, he might shift if he gets really pissed one day, so that's a good reason for Eliwood to tell him.

I think that Roy, should Ninnian is his Mother, just need a dragonston to transform, I think he has, but never tried to use it, like a last resort, but never was desperete enought to use it (sorry English is not my first language)

11 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

...On Roy banner along with Pegasus rider Roy and Speedy sword Roy.

And it'll be accompanied by Pegasus Lilina and Myrmidon Lilina, and Myrmidon Sue.

And then we need Dagger Raigh and Anima Raigh, and Cavalier Wolt.

More seriously, I wouldn't mind a trip to Dread Isle to see Nils again as paid DLC in 6 Remake.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:36 AM, Dragoncat said:

True, but if he's anything like Corrin, he might shift if he gets really pissed one day, so that's a good reason for Eliwood to tell him.

But think of the leverage that would give Roy.

Roy: "Daddy I want cookies for breakfast."

Eliwood: "No, it'll spoil your day."

Roy: "But, but, but Daddy! I want cookies!:sob:" *Starts showing signs of transformation*

Eliwood: "Okay okay! Anything for you! Just please calm down."

Roy: "Yay!"

Unless Eliwood was willing to brandish the big stick labeled Durandal to spank some discipline into him.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But think of the leverage that would give Roy.

Roy: "Daddy I want cookies for breakfast."

Eliwood: "No, it'll spoil your day."

Roy: "But, but, but Daddy! I want cookies!:sob:" *Starts showing signs of transformation*

Eliwood: "Okay okay! Anything for you! Just please calm down."

Roy: "Yay!"

Unless Eliwood was willing to brandish the big stick labeled Durandal to spank some discipline into him.

So Eliwood would give Roy the cookies to avoid him accidentally discovering his dragon form? Lol.

• 2 months later...

Canonizing Roy's mom seems to be something people have an issue with, but Heroes straight up confirmed with the second Spring banner that the Order of Heroes is straight up pulling people from a bunch of different dimensions - see, all of the Bartre's pulled.  So if we were to have a manakete Roy as an alt in Heroes, I'd be all for it!

Besides I'm up for more dragons in general tbh mmk