LordFrigid

General

Base Stats

HP: 27 / 30 / 33
Atk: 29 / 32 / 35
Spd: 29 / 32 / 35
Def: 16 / 19 / 22
Res: 29 / 32 / 35

Elise sports a strong offensive stat spread, a high Res stat, and a horse. With the Weapon Refinery, she can run both Wrathful and Dazzling staff (one tied to her weapon, the other in her B slot) to engage enemies without a damage penalty or fear of a counterattack. As a cavalry unit, her 3 mov allows her to traverse most maps quickly and apply whichever status effect the user chooses. Access to the Hone Cavalry buff boosts her already strong offenses to allow her to land KOs or, at the bare minimum, heavy chip damage to her target.

Elise's greatest weaknesses are her low HP and Def. These are not a concern on the Player Phase, where she cannot be counterattacked, but if she is left in the range of a physical enemy she will almost certainly be KO'd. Positioning assists help mitigate this a bit, but users must be careful to have Elise attack from a location where she can be safely moved out if necessary. As a Cavalry unit, her mobility can be inhibited by forests and trench tiles.

Suggested Skills

An in-depth discussion on skill options for various purposes. Note the following:

• When multiple options are available, my personal recommendations (if any) are in bold.
  • Budget options are colored red

Invincible, Unstoppable, Legendary Princess of Nohr (Standard Adorable Staff Support)

Spoiler

Usage intention: General staff support, Cavalry team recommended.

Asset/Flaw: Any, +Atk or +Spd/-[HP, Def, or Res] preferred
Weapon: Flexible (Gravity+ or Pain+ recommended)
    Weapon Refinement: Wrathful or Dazzling
Assist: Recover+, Rehabilitate+, Restore+, or Physic+
Special: Imbue, [Balm], or Miracle
A Passive: [Atk and/or Spd boosting Skills]
B Passive: Wrathful Staff 3, Dazzling Staff 3, or Wings of Mercy 3
C Passive: Hone Cavalry, Fortify Cavalry, or Flexible
Sacred Seal: Atk and/or Spd boosting Seal, [Stat] Ploy, Live to Serve, or Savage Blow

Overview

A standard healer set, utilizing the Dazzling weapon refinement to ensure that enemies cannot counterattack her while she applies a debuff of the user's choice. She is capable in combat, especially on a cavalry team, but is also able to provide heal support, which is useful on teams that use one or more Quick Riposte units.

Asset/Flaw and Skill Choices

Elise is capable of providing healing and status staff support regardless of her nature. +Atk is preferred, and allows for Atk-focused stat stacking to increase the magnitude of her heal and chip damage against enemies she cannot double. +Spd is also usable, and allows for Spd-focused stat stacking, which is slightly better for her ORKO capabilities.

She can take both -HP and -Def without any penalty, as she should never be attacked by an enemy; she cannot be counterattacked on the Player Phase and should not be left in enemy range. She can also take -Res safely if the user does not intend to have her run a [Stat] Ploy(s).

Her weapon should carry the user's status effect of choice. I prefer Gravity+ to limit enemies' approach; generally, after Elise limits enemy movement with her un-counterable Gravity, she gets Repositioned to safety. If the enemy is a ranged unit, they will be able to move forward one space and attack whoever Repositioned her, so that unit ideally carries a 2-range weapon (ex. a fully buffed -blade mage) or Distant Counter/Distant Counter weapon. Pain+ is also a powerful option.

Unless a 2-range healing assist is desired, I recommend Recover+ for consistent healing that scales off of her high Atk stat. As an additional note, I would only consider Physic+ on a non-cavalry team due to potential positioning complications with a 2-range heal and cavalry buffs. I also consider Recover+ to be superior to Rehabilitate+ except in very niche cases, namely: 1) a unit is purposefully left at low HP until they absolutely need to be healed, usually in the Tempest Trials or 2) you're on a PvE map with fixed enemies, and Recover+ would not restore enough HP to the targeted unit on a certain turn. If debuff cleansing is desired, Restore+ can be used.

Imbue is a strong Special option to provide increased healing to her teammates. Balms can be useful on a non-cavalry team, but are generally equal or inferior to cavalry buffs. In the Arena, Miracle and adds the option to have her act as a shield in an absolute emergency when charged.

Elise will benefit the most from any A Passive that boosts her Atk and Spd. Visible Atk boosts will increase her healing power, but she will get more powerful boosts from in-combat boosts like Atk/Spd Push or Atk/Spd Solo.

Her B Passive is ideally whichever effect was not covered by her weapon refinement. Wings of Mercy is a solid budget option if neither is available, allowing her to warp to allies in need of assistance. Note that Physic+ should not be used with Wings of Mercy.

When used on a cavalry team, she should use a cavalry-based buff. She does not care about receiving +6/6 defenses, so she is a good candidate to carry Fortify Cavalry in her own C Passive slot. On a non-cavalry team, her C slot is more flexible, and can go toward a buff, aura, or other utility skill. Notably, Savage Blow is an interesting option for guaranteed post-combat damage to enemies close to her target (especially if Pain+ is selected for her weapon). Ploys also function well.

Elise’s Sacred Seal slot is flexible, and can be used for further stat stacking or for additional pre- or post-combat effects. I recommend any seal that boosts Atk or Spd, a [Stat] Ploy, or Savage Blow. Live to Serve can also be used, but is mostly valuable in conjunction with Miracle, since she is hard-pressed to take a hit without dying.

Sample Skill Sets

These sets have been used either by me, or those who have posted their preferred sets in this thread.

THE DARK OVERLORD (Pain/CC/Vantage), THE UNIVERSAL BUFFING FLOWER (Field Buff Support), THE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT BOT (Combat Buff Support), and THE DEBUFFING FLOWER (debuff support), courtesy of Landmaster, can be found at the link below:

Standard Witchy Wand
Usage: Aether Raids Offense
Weapon: Witchy Wand+ (Dazzling) or Melancholy+ (Dazzling)
Assist: Restore+
Special: Miracle
A Passive: Atk/Spd Solo 3 (Atk/Spd Push 4 is more optimal)
B Passive: Wrathful Staff 3
C Passive: Savage Blow 3
Sacred Seal: Speed +3

The main draw of this set is having Special resetting & inhibition on a horse. The fact that Elise is decent at combat is a nice bonus. Restore+ lets her cleanse a teammate if they need to attack that turn, and Savage Blow contributes chip damage and deactivates Armored Boots for at least 1 turn.

Change Log

Spoiler
  • 10 Dec 2017: Initial Release
  • 11 Dec 2017: Clarifications to my thoughts on Atk vs. Spd stacking. Improvements to the cohesiveness of the "Nature/Skill Choices" section. Added the Change Log.
  • 12 Dec 2017: Changed parenthetical description of the "Invincible, Unstoppable, Legendary Princess of Nohr" set.
  • 23 Jun 2018: Update for nature discussion. Correction for the Atk/Spd 2 inheritance. Removal of Smoke skills for the seal slot, as staff users cannot inherit them. Addition of Live to Serve for the seal slot.
  • 14 Oct 2018: Minor tweaks.
  • 29 Oct 2018: Addition of Atk/Spd Solo to her list of A Passive considerations.
  • 31 Dec 2018: Terminology updates and corrections.
  • 2 Nov 2019: Created a "Sample Skill Sets" section, and linked a post with sample sets from Landmaster.
  • 8 Nov 2019: Added a brief description to the Witchy Wand sample set.

Edited by LordFrigid

Thanks for the analysis, I really like this new section (and Elise). Too bad healers are very limited in inheriting skills, otherwise some more exotic or fun builds were possible for Elise. 

A few minor remarks: 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Unless a 2-range healing assist is desired, I recommend Recover+ for consistent healing that scales off of her high Atk stat.

If run on a horse team, Elise shouldn't use a 2-range healing assist, to keep Hone Cav/Fortify Cav alive. 

Assist: Recover+, Rehabilitate+, or Physic+

Rehabilitate+ shouldn't be necessary anymore, since a buffed Elise should heal ~35 HP with Recover+. Only if there are some units with very high HP on her team, but even these don't go far below 50% HP easily. 

Her weapon should carry the user's status effect of choice. I prefer Gravity+ to limit enemies' approach.

Gravity+ is great for Hit and Run tactics: Elise attacks without being countered, slowing everyone around and getting repositioned, leaving the (smaller) danger area empty. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

If run on a horse team, Elise shouldn't use a 2-range healing assist, to keep Hone Cav/Fortify Cav alive. 

Eh...there's always heal first → Positioning assist. It might be weird or hard to use, especially on maps due with forests and such, but I'm comfortable leaving it at having Recover+ bolded, at least for now. I can add a note in the details section reinforcing the recommendation, though.

Rehabilitate+ shouldn't be necessary anymore, since a buffed Elise should heal ~35 HP with Recover+. Only if there are some units with very high HP on her team, but even these don't go far below 50% HP easily. 

I tend to agree with that, especially if Imbue is the special choice, though I want to leave Rehabilitate open as an option for situational use. As with Physic+, I'll add a note reinforcing my personal recommendation, but I do like Rehabilitate in some scenarios (ex. if I'm purposefully leaving a Desperation unit at tiny amounts of HP until I absolutely need to heal them in the Tempest Trials).

Gravity+ is great for Hit and Run tactics: Elise attacks without being countered, slowing everyone around and getting repositioned, leaving the (smaller) danger area empty. 

Agreed, that's why I made special note of it =) .

~

Thank you for the feedback!

20 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Eh...there's always heal first → Positioning assist. It might be weird or hard to use, especially on maps due with forests and such, but I'm comfortable leaving it at having Recover+ bolded, at least for now. I can add a note in the details section reinforcing the recommendation, though.

I didn't mean to remove Physic+ completely from the recommendations, only that it makes Hone/Fortify buffing more difficult in general, while buffs are important for most horse units. 

I tend to agree with that, especially if Imbue is the special choice, though I want to leave Rehabilitate open as an option for situational use. As with Physic+, I'll add a note reinforcing my personal recommendation, but I do like Rehabilitate in some scenarios (ex. if I'm purposefully leaving a Desperation unit at tiny amounts of HP until I absolutely need to heal them in the Tempest Trials).

On 12/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, mampfoid said:

You are right, I also forgot to consider that Rehabilitate got a boost which is based on ATK. 

Agreed, that's why I made special note of it =) .

The Hero Analyses are still new, I don't know if the most common tactics (like Hit&Run for Gravity+ users) should be explained in what grade of detail. Perhaps I should start and write a first Analysis myself, you certainly would be welcome to help in making it better. :-)

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

The Hero Analyses are still new, I don't know if the most common tactics (like Hit&Run for Gravity+ users) should be explained in what grade of detail. Perhaps I should start and write a first Analysis myself, you certainly would be welcome to help in making it better. :-)

OH...I didn’t realize your original comment was a suggestion to expand on Gravity’s usage, my bad. I can definitely do that (tbh that’s what I had been doing with regular Gravity whenever I felt like messing around with my horse team in AA, so I’m a little guilty of just assuming people know that’s how it works =P ), yeah. I’d be happy to read & add anything you draw up as well!

• 10 months later...

MY MOMENT HAS ARRIVED

Now I can share the true all powerful potential of Elise~

THE DARK OVERLORD

kK4X5N0.png

Classic CC Savage Vantage Set~

THE UNIVERSAL BUFFING FLOWER

m0YPZxr.png

This set lets Elise buff the Atk, Def, and Res of the Ally or Allies with the highest Atk stat. With Windfire Balm+, she can also boost Spd when healing, giving her spectrum buff abilities from anywhere on the map~

THE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT BOT

pb2B8Wi.png

Toasty Skewer, Distant Guard (or Close Guard), and Drive Def or Drive Res allows Elise maximum Defensive buff stacking capabilities for her Allies. If I had it, I'd throw on Earthwater Balm+ for visible +6 to both Defensive stats, as well.

THE DEBUFFING FLOWER

cKxyuz7.png

If we had a Chill Res Seal, I'd throw that on instead so that Elise can debuff both the Atk/Spd of the highest Def enemy on the field, as well as the Res and Def of those enemies, instantly crippling the enemy team every turn. She also has a workable Res stat so she could even run something like Sabotage Skills, as well, though it would mean sacrificing Wrazzle or Dazzle.