Which FE characters do you think are the most well designed?

Ronnie

latest?cb=20170212064146

I've always been fond of Roy's design from Binding Blade. I'm a sucker for the red, white, and blue color scheme.

Some other characters I think are well designed are Deen (SoV), Lucina, Kaze, Rinkah and Ike (PoR).

Edited by Ronnie

Setsuna's pastel color palette as well as overall design is easily my favorite in the series. Special mentions to the 3 Mercs from FE14 (That outfit is great) and Tatiana.

I think Silque, Celica, and Saber have great designs. The artist for Echoes did a great job on most of the characters, really.

The Paladin design from Fates is awesome, too.

But my favorite design overall is Deirdre.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

Ew. Ick. I couldn't disagree any more with Deen. Him having the color scheme of Coldsteel the Hedgehog only makes matters worse. He looks like a 40 year old dad trying to be an edgy teenager.

I'll do one male I like, and one female I like from each game:

FE1/3/11/12: Samson, Minerva

FE2/15: Atlas, Celica

FE4: Jamke(Specifically his poncho version from the TCG), Tailtyu/Nanna

FE5: Homer Galzus, Amalda

FE6: Hugh, Echidna

FE7: Matthew, Priscilla

FE8: Rennac, ...

FE9: Ranulf, Lucia

FE10: Boyd, Sanaki(If ONLY because of her weird parachute pants and mini-poncho)

I think that about covers it. My most favorite should be obvious.

44 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Ew. Ick. I couldn't disagree any more with Deen. Him having the color scheme of Coldsteel the Hedgehog only makes matters worse. He looks like a 40 year old dad trying to be an edgy teenager.

You take that back!

1v1 Me, Arena Ferox, Bronze weapon only.

I'm going to copy what Slumber did.

FE1/3/11/12: Castor/Warren, Sheena

FE2/15: Jesse, Genny

FE4: Finn, Fee

FE5: Hicks, Machua

FE6: Lot/Geese, Elen/Dorothy

FE7: Lowen/Geitz, Fiora

FE8: Gerik, Tethys

FE9: Rhys/Gatrie, Tanith 

FE10: Makalov/Kyza, Vika

FE7: Hector, Ursula

FE8: Amelia, Natasha, Selena

FE9: Petrine

FE10: The Black Knight, Edward, Laura, Jill, Tauroneo, Vika, Elincia, Leanne, Nephenee, Kieran, Callil, Ike , Titania, Gatrie, Shinon, Mia, Soren, Lyre, Janaff, Skrmir, Sanaki, Tibarn, Pelleas, Volke, Levail, Nasir, Sephiran

FE13: Robin, Miriel, Vaike, Maribelle, Cordelia, Anna, Tharja, Henry, Emmeryn, Aversa

FE14: Camilla, Elise, Charlotte

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Across the series there are several characters that I really like their design.

Duessela from SS along with Giliam, Garcia, Tethys and Dozla to name a few, from FE4 I enjoy Seliph's design, love Alteana's design, Hannibal, Oifey, Lex, Raquesis among others, Skrimir, Harr, Caineghas, Degnesia, Stephen, Naihala & Volug from Radiant Dawn, Ike, Greil, Petrine, Ashnard & Jill from PoR the Tellius games has some of my favourite designs it's game models I think are especially good. Many of them still seem the best design of their respective classes such as General, and Wyvern lord. I like Minerva, Marth, Darros, Arden, Ogma, and Borst's design from Shadow Dragon and I love the Berserker class design from this game, it's definitely one of my favorites.

I want to say FE4 because of the glamorous 80s hairstyles.

I suppose I'd give it to Fates, especially if we're counting generic enemy portraits. Those guys are the S tier in terms of good, realistic armor design. There is one or two character design trends I don't like in Fates. And I won't regurgitate the usual complaints about the females and what they're wearing. One thing that bothers me is the hair trope where your hair covers half of your face. In Fates, there are five characters with hair like this, and two characters with an eye permanently shut (Saizo and Niles). These are usually visual shorthand in media for characters that have something to hide or are sinister in nature. But if you line up these seven characters: Setsuna, Kagero, Shigure, Camilla, Peri, Saizo, and Niles, there is nothing in common between any of them. 

I also don't care for the bizarre genetics of characters that are related to each other. The Hoshidan siblings have four different hair colors. And Sumeragi shares none of them. We don't know the look of Sumeragi's first wife, but even if her hair was one of those colors, it begs the question of where are the other phenotypes coming from. Yes, it's still genetically possible for recessive genes or even mutations to manifest, but the odds of that happening for potentially all four siblings are incredibly low to the point that it warrants explanation. People in a medieval, fantasy setting would ask questions. If they're dying their hair, that's a fair answer, just say that. We know from inheritance that the game world of Fire Emblem acknowledges genetics when it comes to hair color, so it's jarring to see those rules trampled on so blatantly. Ditto for Kaze and Saizo who are brothers.

Edited by Glennstavos

Ooh, designs are a massive part of whether or not I like a character.

Marth and Roy's designs are what drew me to them in Smash, leading me to get into FE, so shout outs to their Melee and Brawl designs. Marth's NMotE and Roy's Awakening DLC designs are to die for.

Caeda is just stunning, so simple, yet it works. Tiki's design, both as a child and an adult, are really nice. Xane stands out a lot from the rest of the Archaneans with all the red. I love his little feather, and his eyes look really sleepy. Shout out to Jagen's shoulder spikes and Navarre's brown hair against the red clothes.

SoV...hoo boy. Hidari's art is to die for, but particular favourites...Tobin and Faye. So simple, and they actually look like poor villagers. Alm and Celica are definitely a step up from Gaiden...a freaking staircase actually. The box art shows off their designs amazingly, and I have no shame with sticking the poster that came with my special edition from GAME on my wall, it's true art.

Eliwood and Ninian have really great designs. Eliwood takes strong inspiration from Roy, and it's a nice touch to have them look so alike because father-son people. Ninian looks really graceful, but the light blue hair and red eyes scream "not human", but it's such a nice contrast.

Reyson and Leanne are gorgeous, the blond hair and green eyes never gets old, and their white clothes and wings just give them an angelic touch. Tibarn is like, the manliest man? I'm not too keen on overly muscular men but good god Tibarn. The whole pirate themes he has going on just works. Naesala has that slick look about him, the black clothes and wings and the dark blue hair? His hair style adds to the feel of it. Ranulf is just, great. Heterochromia is the way to go, and who doesn't love a cat boy?

Robin's default design is fantastic, white hair and brown eyes go together so well. His coat is just, so iconic at this point, and the baginess of his clothes gives off a bookworm feel. Female Robin's pigtails are cute, but I prefer her ponytail with the cowlick at the top. Awakening has a lot of great designs, so shout outs to Olivia, Sumia, Henry and Tharja of all characters.

Kaze and Rinkah are just fantastic. Kaze's green gives him a warm and calm feel, and works because green is use for wind spells, 'Kaze' means wind, and he is really fast. Rinkah has abs for days, and the face paint makes her feel really...tribal? You get me? Surprisingly, I'm very fond of Camilla's design. Purple against black with a touch of gold works so well, and she's so pretty? I honestly don't mind her...exposure, I just think it works, and honestly? I don't notice it. Niles has a really great design, and like, white hair, blue eyes...it's not something I see a lot, and the eyepatch~ Midori is just really cute. Kaden's design is really good. He has that sly fox look to him, and his hair colour contrasts really nicely with the blue clothes.

I think there are a fair amount. 

I really, really like Nailah and Lucia out of the females of FE. I think they have the prettiest designs and colour schemes. Nailah's tattoos/markings are so beautiful and I love her outfit. Lucia's outfit is also simple but elegant and not ott with fanservice. It proves you can make a female character sexy without having to expose her whole body, imo.

For the guys... eh, I may be biased since I'm a bishie fangirl, but I love a lot of their designs. I find Jeorge, Reyson and Sephiran amazing since they all are incredibly pretty, but they're undeniably male - it feels like the best balance for a bishie ever. I really like Wolf's pinky-purple colour scheme and the fact it doesn't make him look any less many either, imo. I wish they'd kept it with Forsyth... I was actually disappointed by his redesign even if I like him as a character. 

Out of the lords, I think Sigurd has the best design, but I'm a sucker for white and blue. He looks like a lord should look, though, to me. None of the rest give me the same regal impression out of the lords (although I suppose for several, it's not their aim).

Keaton's black and white design is really nice as well. It has sort of feral touches to it and yet still has an odd refinement. His daughter is the same, especially with the use of the red hood to evoke a certain story and add a dash of colour to contrast with her father. 

I also really like Shigure and Azura's designs. While I dislike the odd leggings that leaves a leg exposed for Azura (its design is off-putting to me) - the rest of her outfit is lovely - both black and white. I love Shigure's outfit and hair, too, both his white version, and the lovely black version he gets in Heroes. Their light blue hair and golden eyes are nice, too :) 

Seth's look in SS is amazing, too. I don't know why, but his dark red hair with that gorgeous blue armour is just divine. 

And I can't go without mentioning my favourite archetypes. I love the red and green contrasts of all the christmas knights. They all wear the same armour, but they all have their own distinct appeareances (except maybe Alen, who could be confused with Cain... Their designs are oddly similar, I find). I love how the theme is easy to see, even when they change the units up (Kaze and Saizo, for instance).

I probably have more, but those are the first that came into my mind ^.^

On 12/11/2017 at 1:58 PM, omegaxis1 said:

Robin. His design is just amazing. 

I tend to agree. Male Robin seems to wear the coat better in my opinion. Maybe it's the hair.

I actually like Chrom's too. While the one sleeve is kind of silly, he does at least have an excuse. Overall, his design is both regal and relatively functional. I like it. I even like plate armor Chrom. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I tend to agree. Male Robin seems to wear the coat better in my opinion. Maybe it's the hair.

I actually like Chrom's too. While the one sleeve is kind of silly, he does at least have an excuse. Overall, his design is both regal and relatively functional. I like it. I even like plate armor Chrom. 

Mhm. That coat, Robin just works it perfectly. It actually feels like it fits the role of a tactician that can fight in the front lines.

Depends on the game.

In the Archenea series, I think the White wing sisters have some of the best character designs. They may not be that bulky and their clothings don't look much but their colors are vibrant and that's what's appealing about them.

Barst also has good design too with his blue hair and his masculine appearance being just as nice.

But Astram from looks atleast is my absolute favorite. Blonde hair, properly designed shoulder pads and the only hero that has a GREEN shield!

Then of course, my now favorite being Camus with is majestic appearance and his posture of holding the gradvius makes him look so badass.

In FE2/FE15, Tobin and Kliff are the best. I like their faces and they have nice shoulder pads that are proportioned well enough. But really, its the actual artstyle that I like about them.

In FE4, They are all nice though to be honest, I like the hair do a bit more than the overall design itself. This also applies for FE5 where portraits are better looking.

FE6 has some weird art around. The art when comparing it to FE7 lacks some details here and there. Legault is a better looking thief than Astol and the same goes for Matthew being better looking than Chad.

The only one that stands out to me are Rutger, Fir, Lillina, Ogier and Allen. Beyond that, FE7 has characters that are better designed. Raven, Lyn, Hector and Legault as well as matthew are the best character designs to me as I just like their appearance and their outfits.

In FE13, Gotta go with Virion, Chrom and Lon'qu.

FE14 suffers the same fate as FE6. awkward designs here and there that make their appearance underwhelming. Only ones that stand out to me are the Nohrian royals, Hana,  Oboro, Keaton, Selena and Laslow.

There are plenty of designs I like, some more than the one's I list. But I wouldn't be as comfortable nominating them as examples of great design as this lot.

FE7 - Pent

Spoiler

bZUIBiO.jpg

Pent looks stellar. I could say more... but I'm not sure I need to.

FE7 - Lloyd

Spoiler

eJwuVrX.jpg

If you ignore the belts, Lloyd is well put together. Cool and professional, but something about his shirt and earring betray humble beginnings. His outfit suits him perfectly for who he is: the dutiful son of a once principled mercenary, and a villain whose not actually trying to be a villain. Just a shame about the belts... seriously!

FE9/FE10 - Titania

Spoiler

SzXeFbZ.jpgBP5S0q0.jpg

I don't like Senri Kita's art. But Titania's design is fantastic. She looks strong, brave, and experienced, but also kind and reliable. Her armour is great: clearly feminine and plausible (especially the RD design). And the huge ponytail was a bold choice, but it works great with her distinctive colour scheme. Probably one of the best FE designs to date.

FE15 - Tobin

Spoiler

3z1rmu4.jpg

SoV Tobin's design has grown on me. I think I agree with everyone who mentioned him. Nothing much I can add on what's already been said. He just looks... how he should... and yet, I don't know, there's just something strangely eye-catching about his design.