Holiday banner predictions

sirmola

1)Tharja and Robin are clearly meant for next Christmas.

2)Until recently all banners were 4 units, alas...

3) That was point of whole joke. So answer for your "seriously?" Is no.

That said, Iwould like run Lyn emblem so still need one...

Edited by Tenzen12

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so fixed on Tharja, that I would be slightly disappointed if she does not appear.
But, if someone like Rinkah makes her debut I will happily draw for her.
Rinkah is so nice. =o

I also think Takumi and Hinoka should have a chance. They are the only 2 who are missing a seasonal unit from the royal families of Fates.

Ah, I forgot Ryouma. 

Edited by Stroud

I'm not a fan of seasonal banners in general, but Christmas/Winter is okay as long as we don't get a "New Years" banner right after it.  Come to think of it, this past couple Banners was the first time we have had two normal banners in a row since April.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I think that's the point.

who doesn't want lyn and xander emblem?

Who does? Not many people from what I know. Many more of us are tired of the same characters, the Nohr pandering, etc.

8 hours ago, Nanima said:

I know people are going to get mad at me for this, because we are all seriously thirsting for some non-3DS love, but I'll drag out my old "We need Hoshido appreciation now" banner. No, getting Sakura by herself was not enough to make up for all the Nohr pandering (NOT Fates pandering like everyone is saying). I really think we'll be getting the Hoshidan royals at some point, or at the very least Takumi, maybe in this Christmas banner, maybe in one after, but they'll have to bring them in at some point, right? Otherwise, how can they justify their second set of swimsuits for the golden, perfect Nohrsibs?? (I know they could just do that regardless...)

They haven't added new non-seasonal Awakening units since launch (with the exception of Brave Lucina) and just recently finally got some Fates units. I think the old games are getting plenty of love.

5 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

why do all the "Cain and Able" arch types in Heroes have their partner except Saizo?

Oscar says Hi.

~~~

Anyway, I'm guessing they're going to continue riding the Awakening/Fates train this year, and then we'll start getting pre-3DS event characters next year, after the game's been out for a decent while and the 3DS fans have had some time to be exposed to pre-3DS characters. Or something along those lines, I don't know how I came up with that justification and it probably makes no sense but oh well.

As with many others, I'm guessing male Corrin will be the male on the Fates side, and then for the female I'm guessing either Hinoka, because Hoshido neglect, or Felicia, because ice.

No, please not Tharja... I already had too much of her, I don't need any more. I guess it really can't be helped though, she's really popular for some reason. Both of them don't really appeal to me, so I'll probably just summon a few times and probably save up for other banners. I'll just wait for the other 2 characters.

Edited by Christactics

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

They haven't added new non-seasonal Awakening units since launch (with the exception of Brave Lucina) and just recently finally got some Fates units. I think the old games are getting plenty of love.

Really? The reason for this is because so many Awakening units were added at the start. Lots of the old games don't even have half as many units in the game as Awakening. They're not showing them love - they're playing catch up. The seasonals just rub it in. I say this as a new and old game fan. I want all games to get love. 

Though I am hoping for a Gen 2 Awakening banner sooner rather than later, now that we've had a Fates one. Gerome, please!

5 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I just want Kaze in the game and I am to the point I will take a limited version of him, why do all the "Cain and Able" arch types in Heroes have their partner except Saizo?  Of course I am wondering if they will do 2 Christmas banners like they did with the Summer ones with avatars having a banner each.  I don't think they will though, maybe M!Corrin will be on the New year's banner.  

Don't forget the lovely Oscar. And this will forever annoy me due to the origin of the three unit banner v.v 

Kieran should have been there. And I want Kaze and Silas in this game v.v

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I married Subaki in Birthright.

5 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

I also married Tsubaki in BR and had issue marrying him to anyone else.

Yay, this makes me happy :D I see so many people just saying he sucks. I really like him, and I use him all the time in both Heroes and Fates :D 

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Really? The reason for this is because so many Awakening units were added at the start. Lots of the old games don't even have half as many units in the game as Awakening. They're not showing them love - they're playing catch up. The seasonals just rub it in. I say this as a new and old game fan. I want all games to get love. 

Though I am hoping for a Gen 2 Awakening banner sooner rather than later, now that we've had a Fates one. Gerome, please!

It's a trade off. New games don't get the rest of their cast, but they get seasonals. Honestly, I would trade that. And SD Mystery and the Elibe games got fair representation to start off.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's a trade off. New games don't get the rest of their cast, but they get seasonals. Honestly, I would trade that. And SD Mystery and the Elibe games got fair representation to start off.

Not really. They still have more units than most of the old games and they're still getting seasonals on top of that. It's not fair in the slightest. I'd happily trade it out. 

Elibe has 32 characters... across two games with almost entirely separate casts (including those added via a few banners here and there and GHB)

Awakening has 20 characters. For one game (not including seasonals).

It's not like Awakening is hurting. 

Jugdral has two games with almost entirely separate casts. It has 12 characters here and only 2 are from Thracia. Sure, it's getting so much love. 

Tellius has two games with a shared cast, but it still only has 10 characters here. 

Mystery has two games with one of the largest casts in the final one (if I remember correctly - I might be wrong about this point). It has 29 characters currently in the game. 

So no, this doesn't seem a fair trade off. It's still playing catch up. And then there's adding to the fact that Awakening likely will get a banner to add more characters - you're talking almost as if it won't. We're also still waiting on Thracia and an actual RD banner.

We've had an Awakening trial - it was the first one. We've also had Awakening seasonals for every single seasonal banner, save the Nohr summer one which was a direct counterpart to Ylissian summer - a fully Awakening banner. 

So, again, I'm not seeing how the old games are getting love and Awakening isn't Oo 

Honestly - I'd be a lot happier if Awakening just got its banner already and they decided to finally venture out from only doing Awakening and Nohrian seasonals. It's getting a bit tiresome, despite my love of the current seasonal units out. There's only so many Xanders I can take before I really want to see a bunny Kent or swimsuit Camus. Heck, even Santa FE6 Hector would be amazing at this point!

Edited by Cute Chao

Performing Arts and Trick or Defeat were all really solid in terms of mechanically distinct units. Performing Arts was all dancers with new weapon types while Trick or Defeat had three new weapon/movement type combinations, leaving Sakura as the only one out of the eight units on those banners not to have a new unit type. And even Sakura had a pretty novel weapon effect.

What's a bit odd is that Robin and Tharja seem to have been designed long before they had this kind of philosophy towards seasonal units. So they might be exempt from it, or they might get replaced or have their ability sets changed up to fit more interesting roles. Tharja, being dressed as a reindeer and seeming to be a healer, may have been planned as infantry but could be changed into the first staff flier. As for Robin, all the unit types that involve lances are covered already, but we do have a bit of a shortage of lance armors now. After Henry and Jakob, I could see his bulky winter coat being enough to count him as an armor, and he'd certainly be a welcome addition for that role.

Not sure what to expect out of the other units on the banner. Between it being Christmas and Robin/Tharja having been designed previously, I wonder if they might mix things up and increase the number of seasonal characters somehow: having six characters on a single large banner or two smaller ones, or having one or more associated with the upcoming TT. After Rhajat being in the gauntlet banner, I'm not sure they'll pull an Ayra again this month, but an extra seasonal unit as the TT free unit would be a neat bonus. (That'd leave the question of how to fill out the bonus roster, though. Four banner units, one TT free unit, and one miscellaneous free unit like Fjorm would only cover six of the eight spots.)

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Not really. They still have more units than most of the old games and they're still getting seasonals on top of that. It's not fair in the slightest. I'd happily trade it out. 

Elibe has 32 characters... across two games with almost entirely separate casts (including those added via a few banners here and there and GHB)

Awakening has 20 characters. For one game (not including seasonals).

It's not like Awakening is hurting. 

Jugdral has two games with almost entirely separate casts. It has 12 characters here and only 2 are from Thracia. Sure, it's getting so much love. 

Tellius has two games with a shared cast, but it still only has 10 characters here. 

Mystery has two games with one of the largest casts in the final one (if I remember correctly - I might be wrong about this point). It has 29 characters currently in the game. 

So no, this doesn't seem a fair trade off. It's still playing catch up. And then there's adding to the fact that Awakening likely will get a banner to add more characters - you're talking almost as if it won't. We're also still waiting on Thracia and an actual RD banner.

We've had an Awakening trial - it was the first one. We've also had Awakening seasonals for every single seasonal banner, save the Nohr summer one which was a direct counterpart to Ylissian summer - a fully Awakening banner. 

So, again, I'm not seeing how the old games are getting love and Awakening isn't Oo 

For one Jugdral is a small player, same with Magvel. They shouldn't be expected to have so many. The fact that Jugdral is so close to Awakening should be a testament to the care they have been given.

Tellius has been kind of hidden away, but aside from Ike the layman doesn't seem to care that much for them.

Mystery has a lot (and I mean a lot) of throwaway characters that few care about. I doubt they'll ever all make it. Still, it has more than Awakening which is still missing some of the Shepherds (namely Sumia).

In the end, I never said Awakening wasn't getting love. I said it was a trade-off (again, never said it was fair). Despite Awakening getting the first trial, the large focus lately has been on anything not Awakening or Fates outside of seasonals. I mean, they did a Genealogy tempest before one with Marth (I imagine they're saving him for last or at least something important though) or Fates.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

For one Jugdral is a small player, same with Magvel. They shouldn't be expected to have so many. The fact that Jugdral is so close to Awakening should be a testament to the care they have been given.

Tellius has been kind of hidden away, but aside from Ike the layman doesn't seem to care that much for them.

Mystery has a lot (and I mean a lot) of throwaway characters that few care about. I doubt they'll ever all make it. Still, it has more than Awakening which is still missing some of the Shepherds (namely Sumia).

In the end, I never said Awakening wasn't getting love. I said it was a trade-off (again, never said it was fair). Despite Awakening getting the first trial, the large focus lately has been on anything not Awakening or Fates outside of seasonals. I mean, they did a Genealogy tempest before one with Marth (I imagine they're saving him for last or at least something important though) or Fates.

Note that this is without the seasonals. Awakening has more even without them - a number then greatly increased by the added seasonals (plus an extra additional character with Inigo, who I didn't include in the first count due to being seasonal). Jugdral has two games, one of which has no love at all. 

I didn't mention Magvel for a reason. Thankfully, SS has slowly been getting some more attention after it's incredibly long drought. 

Thracia and RD are missing their Lords. I think they're more important than a Shepherd, even if one of them is not as popular (though one of them is more popular). 

You said that the old games were getting more love than Awakening, which I was pointing out was not correct. And it's about time other games were included in Seasonals, so that was my overall point. I know they probably won't as Awakening is its biggest cash cow, but it can get tiresome. Sadly, I'll continue to feed into the problem, since I'm going to keep going for the Seasonals of pretty characters -.- So oh well. 

I'm hopeful, though not overly, that it might swap over next year. We get some more Awakening banners (Gerome, Laurent, Panne, oh my!) and some other game seasonals. It's not like pretty girls will never sell well regardless of their original game, and I'm sure the guys will do okay (Ike especially since his fans really go rabid over him, but there are other guys I can't see doing too badly either). I'm not really hopeful my favourites from older games will see seasonals, but oh well. I'll see what we get :) 

Edited by Cute Chao

Male Corrin and Camilla, to match male Robin and Tharja.

I hope I'm wrong though. While I realize this doesn't mean much because of Xander and Lucina, but Camilla already has an alternate version and nobody likes Corrin.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I hope I'm wrong though. While I realize this doesn't mean much because of Xander and Lucina, but Camilla already has an alternate version and nobody likes Corrin.

He was ranked 41 on the CYL poll :p 

Edited by Cute Chao

He was ranked 41 on the CYL poll :p 

Being the protagonist from the then most recent Fire Emblem and the only post SNES era lord to not appear in the top 20 is not exactly a stellar performance. There's a reason they only market female Corrin, after all.

I mean, they're the same character so it makes no sense to me, but still, it's a thing.

Edited by Thane

Lucina only has one seasonal.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Note that this is without the seasonals. Awakening has more even without them - a number then greatly increased by the added seasonals (plus an extra additional character with Inigo, who I didn't include in the first count due to being seasonal). Jugdral has two games, one of which has no love at all. 

I didn't mention Magvel for a reason. Thankfully, SS has slowly been getting some more attention after it's incredibly long drought. 

Thracia and RD are missing their Lords. I think they're more important than a Shepherd, even if one of them is not as popular (though one of them is more popular). 

You said that the old games were getting more love than Awakening, which I was pointing out was not correct. And it's about time other games were included in Seasonals, so that was my overall point. I know they probably won't as Awakening is its biggest cash cow, but it can get tiresome. Sadly, I'll continue to feed into the problem, since I'm going to keep going for the Seasonals of pretty characters -.- So oh well. 

I'm hopeful, though not overly, that it might swap over next year. We get some more Awakening banners (Gerome, Laurent, Panne, oh my!) and some other game seasonals. It's not like pretty girls will never sell well regardless of their original game, and I'm sure the guys will do okay (Ike especially since his fans really go rabid over him, but there are other guys I can't see doing too badly either). I'm not really hopeful my favourites from older games will see seasonals, but oh well. I'll see what we get :) 

I said they were getting plenty, not more. 

The problem with seasonals of the earlier games is that to get easily recognizable characters, you have a very limited supply (mostly lords) to pick from.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

Being the protagonist from the then most recent Fire Emblem and the only post SNES era lord to not appear in the top 20 is not exactly a stellar performance. There's a reason they only market female Corrin, after all.

I mean, they're the same character so it makes no sense to me, but still, it's a thing.

I was mostly kidding, but he was just above Xander on the poll, and Xander ended up with two seasonals xD 

If we have to have Fates, I'd like to see Corrin just to balance out as the last of the avatars (plus I love his art in Heroes, so I'm hoping for more of the same). I'd like to save the Hoshidons for the next banner along, assuming they continue the trend of a holiday banner a month. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina only has one seasonal.

I said they were getting plenty, not more. 

The problem with seasonals of the earlier games is that to get easily recognizable characters, you have a very limited supply (mostly lords) to pick from.

I'll agree with the last point. It'd be nice for them to give a chance to others, though. Since the game has exposed new characters to people, Reinhardt and Camus would likely be popular enough, for instance. And they have given us some seasonals from other games - we got Caeda and Lyn. They haven't even tried to use any of the other recognisable characters to test the water - Marth, Roy and Ike are the most glaring omissions in my eyes. I mean the last two were both top in CYL polls for males (Ike would've won if not for the stupid split vote thing) but only Lucina and Lyn got the seasonal variants so far. 

And the old games collectively are getting more love because they're are more of them and they are nearly all playing catch up. You can't deny that just because Awakening hasn't had any original character banners. individually, they're still getting less love. Some still don't even have their own story chapters, while Awakening has a few, plus its Trial. 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

But seasonals are really the only applicable ones here since one of hers came via tempest and the other was voted in. 

Oh right, you're that guy who doesn't "take things lying down" and argue semantics. Let's just say you win the argument, big guy. Two thumbs up to you. 

If we have to have Fates, I'd like to see Corrin just to balance out as the last of the avatars (plus I love his art in Heroes, so I'm hoping for more of the same). I'd like to save the Hoshidons for the next banner along, assuming they continue the trend of a holiday banner a month. 

More like HoshiDON'Ts am I right everyone? 

I feel the wrath of Nanima in the air.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

More like HoshiDON'Ts am I right everyone? 

I feel the wrath of Nanima in the air.

Why would they have Hoshido units on a seasonal banner? It's not like any of their units were popular in any way. 

Not even any pineapple shaped variants. Nope. 

And Ryoma is a whole one place below Xander on the poll. Clearly not popular enough for seasonals at all... That's why Xander got two :D 

-.- 

Hoshidon'ts indeed, bad puns be darned xD 

Oh right, you're that guy who doesn't "take things lying down" and argue semantics. Let's just say you win the argument, big guy. Two thumbs up to you. 

Don't be a jerk. Lucina doesn't prove anything in the case you were using, only Xander does.

Why would they have Hoshido units on a seasonal banner? It's not like any of their units were popular in any way. 

Not even any pineapple shaped variants. Nope. 

And Ryoma is a whole one place below Xander on the poll. Clearly not popular enough for seasonals at all... That's why Xander got two :D 

-.- 

Hoshidon'ts indeed, bad puns be darned xD 

Just because of that, I'm sure Hinoka will be the one to appear. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Don't be a jerk. Lucina doesn't prove anything in the case you were using, only Xander does.

Egads, my friend, must you keep using that razor sharp wit to bully me into submission? I have already said you won our discourse - my arguments stand no match for your righteous fury. I am bested and will go into exile in a Japanese mountain temple and ponder my mistakes.