Bound Hero Battle: Distant Blade (Tana & Amelia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

That is impressive as heck, but I would argue that it isn't quite a 'true' solo since the Cherche's most definitely lured the red mage away giving Old MacDonny time to finish the armors, but that is me being horribly horribly pedantic. And boy do I dislike how similar the names slaying lance and slaying spear are.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, found some f2p footage to help me beat Lunatic and Infernal. I don't know if they've been posted here, but I used phoenixmaster for Infernal and... someone else for Lunatic. Can't quite remember >.< 

Lunatic required: Subaki, Narcian, BK, Olivia. I had to hastily SP grind BK up for Black Luna finally which took... uh... two goes of Camilla's map xD 

Infernal required: Arvis (with g.tomebreaker, which mine already had for AA), Narcian, Subaki and Olivia. My Olivia was -HP so I had to give her HP+ since she needs to tank one hit, but it worked perfectly with those units otherwise, even though PM's Subaki and Narcian were 4* and mine were 5* :) 

Team of:

• 5* Tobin (neutral): Armorslayer+, Pivot, Atk +3, Seal Spd 3, Spur Def 1 Seal
  • 4* Wrys (neutral): Assault, Rehabilitate, Imbue, Close Def 1 Seal
  • 4* Olivia (neutral): Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3, Squad Ace A 1 Seal
  • 5* Lyn: Brave Lady (neutral): Mulagir, Draconic Aura, Swift Sparrow 2, Sacae's Blessing, Atk Smoke 3, Fortify Def 1 Seal

cleared Infernal...somehow. Never did I imagine that Wrys would be able to take so many axes to the face, even with Live to Serve. And yet...

Spoiler

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This guy solos with a Donnell (+10, but no skills equipped):

Not a "true solo" because he stalled the red mage for 2 turns by moving Cherche to a tile where the red mage could path away from Donnel. That said, I don't know why he insisted on stalling against Amelia since there was no reason to and probably could have regained a turn.

Impressive regardless.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not a "true solo" because he stalled the red mage for 2 turns by moving Cherche to a tile where the red mage could path away from Donnel. That said, I don't know why he insisted on stalling against Amelia since there was no reason to and probably could have regained a turn.

Impressive regardless.

Actually he had to, unless his special would get charged to take down the red mage. He has the close defense 3 seal equipped(so I guess it isn't a true no skill run either), and if he engages Amelia hits for 8 damage which makes him too weak to take a blow from the red mage.

But yeah, still very impressive and very minimal.

On 12/15/2017 at 3:31 PM, Anacybele said:

Looks like I have to miss out on a bunch of orbs. I can't even complete this on hard. The map is shitty, there are too many enemies, etc. I have no idea what IS was thinking with this. No idea at all. BHBs were hard enough WITHOUT fucking reinforcements.

Are you just using your primary team? because most teams designed for clearing arena duels and story maps, will have a very hard time getting this map done, my recommendation is a high defense unit for taking on tana and a moderate defense, moderate resistance, distant counter unit for amelia, preferably red. top it off with a healer, and an extra support unit or another red to swap out for when your first is too damaged to keep going, this is wholly doable if you adjust your team composition to what the map demands.

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure regular ike and brave ike would be just what you need for this one. I may just try them out to see how they go for this one.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Are you just using your primary team? because most teams designed for clearing arena duels and story maps, will have a very hard time getting this map done, my recommendation is a high defense unit for taking on tana and a moderate defense, moderate resistance, distant counter unit for amelia, preferably red. top it off with a healer, and an extra support unit or another red to swap out for when your first is too damaged to keep going, this is wholly doable if you adjust your team composition to what the map demands.

One of my primary teams. There are several different team compositions I often use. But it doesn't matter now, I'm still ignoring this BHB.

10 minutes ago, PrincePrimrose said:

I'm still trying to beat infernal x-x now would be a good time for IS to release a flier archer LOL ???

I know, right? I'm a little miffed that they made the Christmas banner all armor units and didn't add in a bow or staff flier on a reindeer.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I know, right? I'm a little miffed that they made the Christmas banner all armor units and didn't add in a bow or staff flier on a reindeer.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN  AMAZING my trick or defeat nowi is my fave flier just cuz shes a "creative" flier unit and I'm hoping she can help me beat infernal with her reposition and tana pair OTL

On 12/16/2017 at 6:20 AM, Cute Chao said:

Okay, found some f2p footage to help me beat Lunatic and Infernal. I don't know if they've been posted here, but I used phoenixmaster for Infernal and... someone else for Lunatic. Can't quite remember >.< 

Lunatic required: Subaki, Narcian, BK, Olivia. I had to hastily SP grind BK up for Black Luna finally which took... uh... two goes of Camilla's map xD 

Infernal required: Arvis (with g.tomebreaker, which mine already had for AA), Narcian, Subaki and Olivia. My Olivia was -HP so I had to give her HP+ since she needs to tank one hit, but it worked perfectly with those units otherwise, even though PM's Subaki and Narcian were 4* and mine were 5* :) 

That is the video I used as well. PM's videos tend to be the best for helping me because they use free units that most players have and I can always sub someone else if I need to.  I had darting blow 3 instead of g.tomebreaker on my Avis but I used the same team for infernal and lunatic and it was fairly simple.

Edited by EricaofRenais

So this may be off topic but does anyone else think that tana and amelia being in a bound hero battle together is a reference to the fact that amelia was originally supposed to be the princess of frelia in early development of the sacred stones? I just now remembered that was the case.

• 5 months later...

Tana + Amelia BHB rerun is up!

Finished the quests:

Alfonse (Alfonse KOing Amelia)/Anna (Anna KOing Tana) on Lunatic:
Went with ReinLyn + Olivia and then put in either Alfonse or Anna
5* Alfonse (Reposition, Swordbreaker 3, Quick Riposte 3) or 5* Anna (Reposition, Iceberg, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3)

Armor Emblem Lunatic clear:
Went with my usual Armor Emblem team (Draug, Sheena, Effie, Gwendolyn)

This was one of the easier BHBs for sure, also one of the rare ones which hasn't added an enemy in infernal. 

Used fliers (Female Grima, Cordelia, NYAzura) + my untrained Anna / Alfonse. 

Only armor quest took me some attempts (Arden, Amelia, VHector, VLyn).

For this Nowi solo I used Cancel Affinity to deal with the Emerald Axe, Ignis to quickly dispose of the high res fliers and give Valter a safe spot to watch the fight, and stacked defense all the way since Nowi didn't have to take any magic damage.  Luckily the defense tiles made it possible to go without a healing special.

Armor team was Amelia, Black Knight, Hardin, Henry.  Black Knight was the MVP, he tanked all the fliers like a champ even taking 0 damage from Tana while the others held off Amelia's army, and then went over to beat Amelia when she was in range. 

Edited by Nowi's Husband

@Zeo @mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @LordFrigid @DLNarshen @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams @Rafiel's Aria @tobuShogi @Ginko @Alkaid @Alexmender 

One turn clear also of this one, special appearance of Takumi:

Good thing Roy inherited Armorslayer+ with LaD3 from a Hana some time ago. Takumi could have used his Prf if I had Spur ATK3 fodder for Roy (plus Ally S Support between the two). 

Edited by mampfoid
wrong SI info

I remember struggling a lot with this in November/December, and I only ever cleared Hard mode. But now, with a fully trained flier team I managed to clear it first try on both Lunatic and Infernal. It's great to see how far I've come.

@mampfoid The old-style enemy phase Close Counter Takumi have merit for this map. Who die for that Armorslayer+ on Roy?Tobin?

It's a shame.I can't finish this map with Siegbert and LA! Roy. Shiro have to be on the right side. He can't stay left side or that green mage will wreck him to dead. But today I bring the topcicle boy and Micaiah to do the job. 

@mcsilas @Zeo @Ae†her Hope you guys enjoy the massive damage ^^

@Ginko Roy got Life and Death 3 from a Hana before Sothe was a thing. I had the feeling also Armor Smasher+ could become handy one time, so I gave Roy both in one go. 

Cool Gaius you got there! Of course Roys horse would have had problems with all those forests. Shiro is laughing at the Fliers and Micaiah cleaning armors and the rest, congratulations! 

/Edit: Funny. Like you, I also used Micaiah, Shiro and PA!Azura to solve the missions with Anna and Alfonse. Armor mission was done by BK, Hector, Grima & Tharja. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid Cool clear!!!! It's nice seeing poor Takumi. I definitely see Close Counter more than I see him, but he got the job done in the end. I was wondering what you were going to do about those fliers. This one was quick. It's pretty lucky that you just so happened to have Armorslayer on Roy. 

Cleared the quests using a team of Leon, Micaiah, Anna, and Alfonse. I remember Leon was my original MVP for this map. I just stuck him on a defense tile, and he wiped out the fliers, taking like...zero damage. Micaiah is proving to be one of my most useful units for sure. Oddly enough, the armor quest didn't even give me much trouble.

I didn't think I was going to have time to do a hero team clear, but I did. For some reason like...my last 10 seconds or so of sound just...sucks. I don't know why it does that, but I didn't really care enough about it redo it. Mia got some time to shine this time around, and Raven gets to pretend he's a tank. Oddly enough, during my practice runs, I got Raven down to 1 HP, sat him on a DEF tile, and he took zero damage from the lance peg on enemy phase. I don't remember why I had him do that this time around. Lucius also manages to remember that he's a healer. lol @Zeo @mcsilas @NegativeExponents-