Camilla, Bewitching Beauty

Charmeleonbrah

Camilla, Bewitching Beauty can be a very fun, and effective, character to use if built properly.  One thing in common with the first two below-listed builds: they are all quite expensive and will require skills that are uncommon.  In addition, in order to make full use of these builds Camilla will need to be run on a Flier Emblem team.  One upside to Camilla is that she is a relatively common character, so getting high merges is more doable.

Big Sister is an excellent choice for summoner support, particularly for the DC build, as it increases her bulk and raises her speed to top tier with Fortify Fliers.  Her best IV boon overall is +Spd, which increases the stat to 35. 

Stats at Level 40 5*

HP: 34/37/41

ATK: 26/30/33

SPD: 29/32/35

DEF: 24/28/31

RES: 28/31/34

Distant Counter Tank

Spoiler

Nature: +Res -Def  +Spd/-Def  +Res/-Spd

Weapon: Emerald Axe+/ Slaying Axe+

Support: Reposition/Swap

Special: Moonbow/Luna/Iceberg/Glacies

A: Distant Counter

B: Quick Riposte 3/Guard

C: Defense Ploy, Hone/Fortify/Goad Fliers

Sacred Seal: Distant Defense 3

This anti-mage build capitalizes on Camilla's above-average Res.  Emerald Axe is preferred for maximum tanking.  However, Slaying Axe+ is also a possibility with Quick Riposte 3.  If Camilla has -Spd, she will probably be doubled, which means she could proc a (normal) 4-turn cooldown special like Glacies, or guarantee a Moonbow or Luna/Iceberg strike.  C is up to player preference, but on a flier emblem team the more supports the better.

Standard Brave Axe Build/Quad-hitting Build

Spoiler

Nature: +Spd/-Res  +Atk/-Res

Weapon: Brave Axe+

Support: Reposition

Special: Moonbow / Luna/ Iceberg / Bonfire / Galeforce

A: Death Blow / Swift Sparrow / Life and Death

B: Desperation / Hit and Run

C: Savage Blow 3 / Support Flier

Sacred Seal: Savage Blow 3/Spd+3/Quickened Pulse

This build keeps her original weapon and gives the player some options.  If you want a Cherche-style build, opt for +Atk IV and either Death Blow or Swift Sparrow for Slot A, and Hit & Run for slot B.  For a quad-build, go with +Spd and either Swift Sparrow or Life and Death for Slot A, and Desperation for Slot B.  Personally I use Galeforce as the special, because it's more fun, but it is unreliable, and another special, such as MB/Luna/Bonfire is more reliable.  With flier support, Camilla can do a lot of damage with this set.   

Budget Build

Spoiler

Nature: +Spd/-Res (for quad-hitting), +Atk/-Spd (for Death Blow)

Weapon: Brave Axe+

Skill: Reposition

Special: Draconic Aura

A: Darting Blow 3/ Death Blow 2 / Fury 3

B: Lancebreaker 3 / Hit and Run

C: Savage Blow 3

Sacred Seal: Atk+3, Spd+3

For players who are just starting, or do not have the resources for the two builds above, this set is very doable.  It requires minimal skill inheritance.  This build almost requires some type of ally support to be effective, however.

Shouts out to Gamepress for some of the ideas for this post.  Here is a link for their builds.

Would like to offer some input on IVs for the DC set; I have a +Def/-HP Camilla that I've found to be a solid all-encompassing anti-blue unit (not just mages), since she hits 31 in both defenses which with Emerald is pretty good at taking no/negligible damage from anyone blue. +Def and +Spd seem good for Emerald, while +Spd, +Res, and +Atk seem best for Slaying. For emerald I would definitely not suggest -Def though, so if you feel like it, it might be a good idea to specify which IVs work with which weapons, since the needs are somewhat different (not different enough to make a separate set for it, IMO, but it should be mentioned I think too). 

Other builds look good too, though I'm not sure the Brave and Budget builds need to be separated; since the Brave build doesn't use any non-native weapons and only LnD/Swift Sparrow are 5* exclusive for the highest level, I wonder if combining the two might be a good idea? Since Death Blow is a pretty solid budget option for the dedicated brave build, and suggested ON the budget build, you know? 

Also, shoutout to the Guidance seal for any Camillas being run on non-flier teams; I do this myself with Emerald tank Cammy and it is a HUGE help on maps like the bridges, the water squares, and other movement-restricting stuff like that. 

11 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Would like to offer some input on IVs for the DC set; I have a +Def/-HP Camilla that I've found to be a solid all-encompassing anti-blue unit (not just mages), since she hits 31 in both defenses which with Emerald is pretty good at taking no/negligible damage from anyone blue. +Def and +Spd seem good for Emerald, while +Spd, +Res, and +Atk seem best for Slaying. For emerald I would definitely not suggest -Def though, so if you feel like it, it might be a good idea to specify which IVs work with which weapons, since the needs are somewhat different (not different enough to make a separate set for it, IMO, but it should be mentioned I think too). 

Other builds look good too, though I'm not sure the Brave and Budget builds need to be separated; since the Brave build doesn't use any non-native weapons and only LnD/Swift Sparrow are 5* exclusive for the highest level, I wonder if combining the two might be a good idea? Since Death Blow is a pretty solid budget option for the dedicated brave build, and suggested ON the budget build, you know? 

Also, shoutout to the Guidance seal for any Camillas being run on non-flier teams; I do this myself with Emerald tank Cammy and it is a HUGE help on maps like the bridges, the water squares, and other movement-restricting stuff like that. 

For the Distant Counter set, the emphasis is on tanking mages, so +Res is the best.  You could dump either HP, Def, or Spd, depending on what the player wants.  With Quick Riposte as Slot B, -Spd is actually optimal as it increases the chance the enemy (hopefully a baited blue mage) will double and thus cool down Camilla's special.  For Slaying Axe+, the emphasis is on increased damage output from increased Special usage, so +Atk is probably best.  Honestly though, if Camilla has a Fortify Fliers and/or Distant Defense 3 Sacred Seal, you probably don't have to worry about taking much magical damage anyway.

I made the budget build separate because the second build requires a lot of investment (L&D 3/Swift Sparrow, Desperation 3, possibly Galeforce) and the budget build is pretty easy to build.  Thanks for the input; i'm going to edit the sections pertaining to IVs.

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

For the Distant Counter set, the emphasis is on tanking mages, so +Res is the best.  You could dump either HP, Def, or Spd, depending on what the player wants.  With Quick Riposte as Slot B, -Spd is actually optimal as it increases the chance the enemy (hopefully a baited blue mage) will double and thus cool down Camilla's special.  For Slaying Axe+, the emphasis is on increased damage output from increased Special usage, so +Atk is probably best.  Honestly though, if Camilla has a Fortify Fliers and/or Distant Defense 3 Sacred Seal, you probably don't have to worry about taking much magical damage anyway.

I made the budget build separate because the second build requires a lot of investment (L&D 3/Swift Sparrow, Desperation 3, possibly Galeforce) and the budget build is pretty easy to build.  Thanks for the input; i'm going to edit the sections pertaining to IVs.

See the thing is, yes, you have Distant Counter and yes you can kill mages. BUT why does that have to be the ONLY thing you focus on? If you can kill mages AND kill lancers/manaketes as well, why not just be an all-range blue counter? That's all I'm saying. (Frankly my neutral-res Camilla, who hangs out with my mixed infantry team for anti-blue and Guidance support, has zero trouble with Reins at all so I have trouble believing that +Res is particularly necessary for the Emerald build.)

To that end, yeah you're right -Spd is actually quite good for the Emerald Axe variant, especially since the built-in TA lets her tank blue hits for single digit damage or less, so I endorse that idea cool. HOWEVER for the Slaying Axe build, her defenses aren't as prominent so +Spd is definitely going to be useful there (+Res also good for taking hits and fueling Iceberg). +Atk is definitely good, probably optimal, but consider the potential applications of the other two as well. You are doing battle sim calcs to demonstrate why these natures are the best, right? 

Hope you understand where I'm coming from.