Azura, Lady of the Lake

XRay

Azura, Lady of the Lake

Azura has well rounded stats besides her low Defense.

Dancers/Singers are the ultimate support units in my opinion. They can give buffs with their C slot and Sacred Seal slot; counter any color their team has trouble with (besides PA!Olivia since she is colorless); and most importantly, Dance and Sing their teammates to massacre the rest of the enemy team, to retreat, or to undo a minor mistake.

As support units, a bad nature will not impact Dancers/Singers as negatively as it will affect combat units since their primary job is to Assist their allies rather than fight. Unless a specific nature is absolutely needed to counter a specific threat, natures are not too important.

Level 40 stats:
HP: 33/36/40
Atk: 28/31/34
Spd: 30/33/36
Def: 18/21/24
Res: 24/28/31
Total: 148~150

Default skills:
Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: Sing
Special: [none]
Passive A: Speed +3
Passive B: [none]
Passive C: Fortify Res 3

Sapphire Lance:
Arena offense, Arena Assault

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk/Spd, -HP]

Sapphire Lance+
Sing
Moonbow / Luna
Distant Counter / Fury 3 / Close Def 3 / Steady Stance 3 / Steady Breath / Distant Def 3 / Fortress Def 3 / Fortress Res 3
Quick Riposte 3 / Guard 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Wings of Mercy 3 / Escape Route 3 / [flexible passive B]
[flexible passive C]
[flexible Sacred Seal] / Hardy Bearing 3

With Sapphire Lance, Azura can take on the most dangerous red units that her non-blue teammates cannot.

Moonbow — Close Def 3/Steady Stance 3 — Guard 3: This allows her to shut down multiple red armor units.

Luna — Steady Breath — Guard 3: This operates on the same principle as the previous set, but more expensive.

Distant Counter — Quick Riposte 3: This allows her to shut down any red unit regardless of distance.

Wings of Mercy 3/Escape Route 3: These skills allows her to teleport around to Assist her allies.

Budget/Other:

Distant Def 3/Fortress Def 3/Fortress Res 3: Fortress Def bulks up her Defense while the other two helps her tank mages better. In my opinion, these are not as good as the others, as Fortress Def and Fortress Res reduces her Attack while Distant Counter is better than Distant Def, as counter attacking is generally better than just walling.

Triangle Adept:
Arena offense, Arena Assault

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk/Spd, -HP]

Slaying Lance+ [Defense] / Slaying Lance+ [Speed] / Slaying Spear+ [Defense]
Sing
Luna / Glimmer / Moonbow
Triangle Adept 3
Quick Riposte 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / R Tomebreaker 3 / Wings of Mercy 3 / Escape Route 3 / [flexible passive B]
[flexible passive C]

This operates on similar principle as the Sapphire Lance build, but is a bit more offensive. Instead of an A slot to give her stat boosts, Azura will get her stat boosts from Weapon Refinement. Azura will also be locked to combat against melee units as Distant Counter is not available on inheritable Weapons. As Azura will be primarily facing against melee units, Defense Refinement is the most preferable.

Slaying Lance+ Luna: This allows her to run Luna instead of Moonbow.

Slaying Spear+ — Quick Riposte 3/Swordbreaker 3/R Tomebreaker 3: This shuts down red armor units if you have trouble with them. R Tomebreaker is not necessary since WE!Tharja is so slow, but it helps make sure that she is dead if she runs Wary Fighter.

Wings of Mercy 3/Escape Route 3: These skills allows her to teleport around to Assist her allies.

Player Phase Offense:
Arena Assault

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Res]

Slaying Lance+ [Speed] / Brave Lance+
Sing
Luna
Life and Death 3 / Swift Sparrow 2 / Fury 3 / Death Blow 3 / Triangle Adept 3
Lancebreaker 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Wings of Mercy 3 / Escape Route 3 / [flexible passive B]
[flexible passive C]

Azura can be an offensive Dancer, but it is still generally better for her to let her allies do the fighting in most cases. Here are her most optimal skill sets for that purpose.

Slaying Lance+ Luna: This allows her to run Luna instead of Moonbow.

Brave Lance+ — Luna — Death Blow 3 — Lancebreaker 3/Swordbreaker 3: This allows her to maximize damage against a specific type of enemy.

Wings of Mercy 3/Escape Route 3: These skills allow her to teleport around to Assist her allies.

Edited by XRay
Copied and pasted from Olivia. Need to change color/weapon references.

I would argue that, with a Sapphire/TA build (obviously meant to counter Red units), she benefits a lot from +Spd to help her not get doubled, while +Atk is usually unnecessary to handle a red foe. Triangle Affinity is cool, but her Def is still pretty low and getting doubled can really hurt, especially if Wo Daos become more common. That, plus Swords tend to be pretty fast.

Besides that (and the color/weapon issues you seem to be editing atm, I'm guessing you copy/pasted a lot of this from your Olivia thread?), looks good to me.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I would argue that, with a Sapphire/TA build (obviously meant to counter Red units), she benefits a lot from +Spd to help her not get doubled, while +Atk is usually unnecessary to handle a red foe. Triangle Affinity is cool, but her Def is still pretty low and getting doubled can really hurt, especially if Wo Daos become more common. That, plus Swords tend to be pretty fast.

Besides that (and the color/weapon issues you seem to be editing atm, I'm guessing you copy/pasted a lot of this from your Olivia thread?), looks good to me.

Cool, I would put +Spd down as well.

Yeah, I am copying and pasting myself. I figured it is more efficient to just do all the Dancers/Singers at once. If anyone makes a suggestion for one, it is basically a suggestion for all, so it is easier if one person can edit them all at once. Olivia, Azura, PA!Azura are all basically the same unit with different colors and skins. PA!Inigo and PA!Shigure are similar. PA!Olivia is all by herself. Ice Dragon is doing Ninian, so that means I am just doing "three" characters.

For Azura, I might lump her Sapphire Lance and Triangle Adept section together later unless I can think of a good reason she needs to run Slaying Spear or Ridersbane. For Olivia, she has a bunch of swords to choose from and PA!Azura can switch between Urðr and Slaying Axe, but Azura just has Slaying Lance in that section.