FEH: Winter's Envoy Banner

Jedi

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I really don't think you are right about this Tharja was not really a blatant fan service character until the beach DLC, I'm quite sad they decided to run with that because this outfit is just why?
Why is a character wearing a bikini considered an armoured unit? Why is she wearing a bikini in winter? If they really must have had bikini tharja why is she in this banner?
That said I think the new year banner will be Fates based (Or maybe we will get the children in Yukata again)

The person is correct in that the outfit is in line with her original artwork, like the other characters... But like, it’s a bikini... in the winter, why? 

Mixed feelings with Awakening children banner for New Years.

Then again, I am optimistic with every coming banner, such as this one.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Santa Robin's B-passive is evil when put onto a built sword Lyn if Brazen Atk/Spd 3 were to not be limited to armored units.

Sword Lyns be running

Sol Katti (Brash Assault 4)

Reposition/Reciprocal Aid

Moonbow

Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Wrath 3

Threaten Def 3/Def Ploy 3/Flexible

Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter are almost certainly restricted to armored units. They share a naming scheme with Wary Fighter in both English and Japanese. They also use the same motif in their skill icon.

Personally, I'm not sure armors need this boost at all. At least I won't give a damn in the Arena since it won't matter at all to me unless people start sacrificing 1.5 points per unit for Bonfire or Ignis instead of Aether.

Either way, I'll be waiting for Vengeful Fighter to be added to non-limited unit before putting it on anything. My armors aren't hurting for performance in the least.

I'll definitely try for merges on a Tharja. Her Japanese lines are hilariously out-of-character. But there goes all of my money.

Honestly, I wish they'd start increasing the availability of existing skills instead of constantly adding new skills. I know people want more content in this game, but it's pretty much out of reach for the average player (or at least dependent entirely on dumb luck) until availability increases.

18 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

BTW, Santa Robin's B-passive is evil when put onto a built sword Lyn if Brazen Atk/Spd 3 were to not be limited to armored units.

Sword Lyns be running

Sol Katti (Brash Assault 4)

Reposition/Reciprocal Aid

Moonbow

Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Wrath 3

Threaten Def 3/Def Ploy 3/Flexible

Now I want a Robin just for that. Amazing synergy.

52 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I really don't think you are right about this Tharja was not really a blatant fan service character until the beach DLC.

Nintendo's DLC are planned before the game is released to the public especially ones that are released within a year of the game's launch. Even with the late BoTW DLC announcement, the plans for them were done before the game became a finished product. BoTW's DLC still took months to release even though the game had the most amount of devs working on the game in Nintendo history.

I agree with people's guesses that these were originally meant to be infantry.

Edited by Clogon

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Nintendo's DLC are planned before the game is released to the public especially ones that are released within a year of release. Even with the late BoTW DLC announcement, the plans for them were done before the game became a finished product. BoTW's DLC still took months to release even though the game had the most amount of devs working on the game in Nintendo history.

The characters included in this DLC where based on a popularity poll... The summer theme could have been planned before the game released but it had nothing to do with tharja until she won (or did she come second) in the adult popularity poll 

Edited by Mackc2

Well I was wrong.

It's all Awakening after all (which is sure to displease plenty), it's all armour and I'm kind of bummed out.

Lissa's probably the one I like the most of the four but she shares a colour with Chrom, Robin is the first Blue Armour since launch and Tharja gets 5 skills, is a mage has a Valour skill and is the first with CC since launch. So the one I should get the most is the unit I want the least, and the unit I want the most is one who's likely to leave me as disappointed as Catkura.

This feels like a misfire on the dev's part to be honest.

Edited by Dayni

Lissa looks super cute; glad to see her in one of these. Although, I'm a little salty that Chrom is in a seasonal banner again just because I'm wishing for some other characters to get a little attention in these, but whatever, either way, seasonal variants are still always fun~

Chrom and Lissa are looking good :)

Shame they're both axe armours. Even bigger shame that Chrom is again an axe unit and has been repeated as a seasonal. They seem to think us female fans only care about a special few (Ike? Takumi? Roy? Marth? Naaaaaaah).

That being said, I'm still going to go for Chrom and Robin. Won't be too disappointed if I get Lissa, too, although I don't want three of her like I got with Spring!Camilla when trying to get Chrom.

Winter bikini doesn't surprise me after the other games I've played, but I am a bit saddened by it. Would've been a chance to have Tharja look a bit nicer (or at least warmer), but oh well. I wouldn't go for her anyway - she creeps me out, especially with her popularity when looking at her personality :/

I hope this is the last Awakening seasonal for a while. And I want them to stop repeating the guys. We're getting less unique male seasonals since only they ever seem to repeat, and they missed out on having grooms. It's getting a bit irksome.

The art for Chrom and Lissa is really good, not feeling it for Robin and Tharja though.
Will probably skip this banner. Maybe I'll try a bit for SI.

Edited by Dengres

Wow, I am not interested in characters at all this time, but dat Bold fighter. I mean sure Christmas weapons sound great too, but why bother if you can get guaranteed quad and trigger ignis ever combat you initiate? 

Not gonna delphin for this banner, but I might give it shot with free orbs...

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When it says grants special cooldown +1 does that mean it increases or decreases the special timer?

If were going off similiar skills, it increases.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When it says grants special cooldown +1 does that mean it increases or decreases the special timer?

Its steady stance effect so each hit charges the special by 2 instead of 1

5 hours ago, C. Turtle said:

So... apparently Santa outfits = armour? Tharja just doesn't look like she's wearing enough to be an armour unit to me.

She is prolly weighed down due to 2 other reasons then being armor... (altough that would apply to Camilla and Kagero too)

man... its probably a good thing that Tharja picture was unfinished when it was datamined long ago, Im sure we would of went nuts when we saw what her outfit was gonna be in the end.

I still want to try and get her for 3 reasons, but mabey I'll also get robin hopefully. that would be nice.

Part of me wants to go for Robin since I need a blue armor and I don't like Effie and Wendy and even if I did I don't have them, but there's supposed to be a Legendary banner soon, so I'll probably just keep my Hector/BK/Amelia/Arden armor team.

Also, I'm surprised everyone's so shocked they're armored. It takes forever to walk through snow, even thin layers. 

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

3 minutes ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

Part of me wants to go for Robin since I need a blue armor and I don't like Effie and Wendy and even if I did I don't have them, but there's supposed to be a Legendary banner soon, so I'll probably just keep my Hector/BK/Amelia/Arden armor team.

Also, I'm surprised everyone's so shocked they're armored. It takes forever to walk through snow, even thin layers. 

I think people are most surprized about Tharja, that bikini would have to weigh tons to be that heavy to move in.

Another whole Awakening banner, don't get me wrong it looks great but I have a few friends that were hoping for a new Takumi. Anyways another axe Chrom, I don't even have a normal Chrom yet. Lissa looks unique at least. Definitely going for Robin so I can have a full Robin team. Tharja......what even is that outfit. Skills look interesting, I saw some armor boosting skills and close counter.