FEH: Winter's Envoy Banner

Jedi

11 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The majority of videogames are designed by and for men, and men like skimpy outfits on women, which leads to #2

I disagree with this. There are a lot of female gamers too, and even some games geared towards females. Video games aren't made only for men. And not every male or female player likes skimpy outfits on women.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree with this. There are a lot of female gamers too, and even some games geared towards females. Video games aren't made only for men. And not every male or female player likes skimpy outfits on women.

You are correct. But likely IS collected enough data to know what the majority do like. It's easy to sexualize Tharja here because she's already been sexualized. They aren't sexualizing Lissa. Unlike Nowi and Elise, who's Halloween and Nohrian Summer banners respectively made use of them being lolis.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

You are correct. But likely IS collected enough data to know what the majority do like. It's easy to sexualize Tharja here because she's already been sexualized. They aren't sexualizing Lissa. Unlike Nowi and Elise, who's Halloween and Nohrian Summer banners respectively made use of them being lolis.

Well, Elise wasn't really sexualized either, she was in a modest one-piece swimsuit. Nowi's top is bothersome though...

I just feel like people underestimate how many female gamers there actually are now. I think the number has been steadily increasing over time, maybe eventually to the point where female gamers will equal or even outnumber male ones.

So anyway, I decided I actually will pull for Robin after all, as I realized I lack a lance armor that I'm willing to use. All I have is Effie. Ugh.

Robin I understand being an armor unit his weapon is a huge tree after all, but the other three are stretching it.  Armor emblem is fun I am running a team of H!Henry, BK, Effie and Amelia.  Once I pulled an armor unit with armor march my armor team went from just use to complete the monthly quest to being very useful and fun, and with two units with it my armor team is now my arena team since it can plow through most teams at the level I am at.  I can just picture what my team will be like with three units with armor march.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, Elise wasn't really sexualized either, she was in a modest one-piece swimsuit. Nowi's top is bothersome though...

I just feel like people underestimate how many female gamers there actually are now. I think the number has been steadily increasing over time, maybe eventually to the point where female gamers will equal or even outnumber male ones.

So anyway, I decided I actually will pull for Robin after all, as I realized I lack a lance armor that I'm willing to use. All I have is Effie. Ugh.

Doubtful on the outnumber, but I can imagine the possibility of there being equal amount, or near that. More and more people of both genders are slowly to go through the games. But currently, men still outnumber the women. But hey, let's enjoy the moments when we get other kinds of faservice. I mean, who doesn't love Freddy, Gaius, Xander, and Leo being in their swimsuits? 

However, I feel they just find it easier to make use of the Awakening and Fates cast due to them being more popular games, and because there was more fanservice in those than previous games, especially Fates.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Seems like the pattern IS has established is this: have one fan-service unit and 3 "normal" units per banner, with the fanservicey unit generally being the best of the bunch (Summer Corrin, Brave Lyn, Halloween Nowi, Rhajat, now Tharja).

Just now, Charmeleonbrah said:

Seems like the pattern IS has established is this: have one fan-service unit and 3 "normal" units per banner, with the fanservicey unit generally being the best of the bunch (Summer Corrin, Brave Lyn, Halloween Nowi, Rhajat, now Tharja).

We have Summer Tiki as well, though. And the Bridal Banner was ALL fanservice. But generally, that seems to be the case, yeah.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Doubtful on the outnumber, but I can imagine the possibility of there being equal amount, or near that. More and more people of both genders are slowly to go through the games. But currently, men still outnumber the women. But hey, let's enjoy the moments when we get other kinds of faservice. I mean, who doesn't love Freddy, Gaius, Xander, and Leo being in their swimsuits? 

However, I feel they just find it easier to make use of the Awakening and Fates cast due to them being more popular games, and because there was more fanservice in those than previous games, especially Fates.

Yeah, I AM glad that IS isn't just limiting fanservice to female characters, at least. And for summer, it makes sense too, as lots of women will go around in bikini swimsuits and stuff and men will go around shirtless in swim trunks. And I still can't get enough of Summer Freddy and his gorgeous abs. <3

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I AM glad that IS isn't just limiting fanservice to female characters, at least. And for summer, it makes sense too, as lots of women will go around in bikini swimsuits and stuff and men will go around shirtless in swim trunks. And I still can't get enough of Summer Freddy and his gorgeous abs. <3

So yeah. Though I feel that IS, if they want fanservice to at least one, they can try other characters? Seriously, Awakening and Fates shouldn't be the only ones they can fanservice out of. Pretty sure bunch of fangirls would scream over the chance to see Ike in a swimsuit. Or get girls with moderate chest sizes in swim suits. Corrin and Robin had their bust sizes increased for their summer swimsuits, when they really shouldn't be. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

So yeah. Though I feel that IS, if they want fanservice to at least one, they can try other characters? Seriously, Awakening and Fates shouldn't be the only ones they can fanservice out of. Pretty sure bunch of fangirls would scream over the chance to see Ike in a swimsuit. Or get girls with moderate chest sizes in swim suits. Corrin and Robin had their bust sizes increased for their summer swimsuits, when they really shouldn't be. 

Oh man, I'd LOVE to see RD Ike in a swimsuit most of all! He definitely has muscles to show off!

Robin got bustier, yeah, but I'm not so sure Corrin did. She seemed a bit busty from the start.

Edited by Anacybele

36 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:
  1. The majority of videogames are designed by and for men, and men like skimpy outfits on women, which leads to #2

mmmmm i rather have skimpy outfits on men (the summer banners were great) and i rather shy away from using something that wears a "dress" like Tharja. That depends tough on how the char is presented/built.

On Sonya its great: strong beautifull woman not afraid of her sexuality
On stuff like Nowi/Elise etc.: creeps the shit out of me
On stuff like Tharja/Camilla etc.: yeah fanservice... pass "can someone find another strong female lead plox"

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh man, I'd LOVE to see RD Ike in a swimsuit most of all! He definitely has muscles to show off!

Exactly. And after reading one of your fics, I wouldn't mind seeing a drawing of Elincia in a swimsuit either. XP

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

mmmmm i rather have skimpy outfits on men (the summer banners were great) and i rather shy away from using something that wears a "dress" like Tharja. That depends tough on how the char is presented/built.

On Sonya its great: strong beautifull woman not afraid of her sexuality
On stuff like Nowi/Elise etc.: creeps the shit out of me
On stuff like Tharja/Camilla etc.: yeah fanservice... pass "can someone find another strong female lead plox"

#2 and #3 are rather forced. Sonya and Mathilda to me strike as the only ones that can be strong and sexy, but not be shown as too sexy.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Exactly. And after reading one of your fics, I wouldn't mind seeing a drawing of Elincia in a swimsuit either. XP

#2 and #3 are rather forced. Sonya and Mathilda to me strike as the only ones that can be strong and sexy, but not be shown as too sexy.

exactly, which is why i find stuff like Tharja/Nowi/Camilla etc either creepy or very "cheap"

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

exactly, which is why i find stuff like Tharja/Nowi/Camilla etc either creepy or very "cheap"

Since Tharja and Camilla are already been given the forced fanservice, they probably figured its too late to make them dress modestly.

10 hours ago, Korath88 said:

These skills are not OK. Really not looking forward to dealing with this in the arena.

Brazen skills would be really nice on sword Lyn though. 

Same. They better be armor locked, otherwise Ayra...

Edited by Gebby

11 minutes ago, Gebby said:

Same. They better be armor locked, otherwise Ayra...

I'll give them to my +10 Robin. It'll be much better than using Life and Death. More power and speed than Life and Death, and none of the drawbacks, but only need to have some damage taken.

35 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Since Tharja and Camilla are already been given the forced fanservice, they probably figured its too late to make them dress modestly.

Now that is just narrow minded thinking. 

50 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh, that I can actually help ya with! Though the pic has some OCs in it too. :P It's not the same swimsuit she has in that fic though, mainly because I had forgotten about it at the time. I like the new swimsuit I designed for her better anyway. (I know, the faces are kinda eh. But I got the bodies down pretty nicely, I think)

Tharja has some kind of hilarious irony in her trying to "be normal" while doing the opposite of normal. That kind of makes me want to pull for her, but I already have BK and I'm not a fan of Armor Emblem so it's not like I'd use her.

The other 3 I don't have strong feelings for. Lissa is cute I guess but I'll never pull on a non-Legendary banner with units that share the same color again.

Looking over the skill sets again: both Lissa and Chrom have cool skills, but neither of them seem to do much that wasn't already pretty accessible to existing axe armors. Sheena is already decently common with Fortify Armor, and she can run Wary Fighter well. Robin, meanwhile, has Armor March which is rare and powerful, and he's the first non-green armor with it. So Robin seems to add a lot more to armor teams for players who don't already have plenty of Armor March fodder, which is a pretty tall order.

Still focusing on Tharja first, but if I can get her with orbs to spare, I think I'll make Robin my next target and not worry about the axe armors. Which could be difficult without the extended time limit the past few seasonal banners have had, but I'm heading in with a pretty big orb stockpile.

It's odd that for the first time we have two characters on a seasonal banner with the same weapon type, and therefore having weapons that are completely functionally identical. Especially after the past couple of seasonal banners, where one character on each had a legendary weapon, but there's nothing like that here. Giving Lissa a legendary weapon would have kept up that pattern, kept her from overlapping with Chrom, and avoided the oddness of her having a weapon that conflicts with her passive. But they probably had all the arts made a year ago, and they don't leave room for anything that looks legendary. Still, her weapon has a plenty different look from Chrom's and could reasonably have had a different effect even without being legendary, like Sakura on the last banner. (It's interesting how the Halloween banner had only 2 characters with its "standard" type of weapon, as opposed to other seasonal banners so far where 3-4 have had a shared effect.)

Regarding the upcoming banner when this one wraps up, I wonder if it'll be some other sort of winter banner with Fates characters. So far, the only seasonal banners without an even Awakening/Fates split have been the two summer banners, where we got 4 characters from each game spread across two banners for the same season. So I think there's a decent chance that something similar is going on here, just that rather than both banners having the same type of seasonal theme like with the summer ones, this time around the Awakening one has a summer theme while the Fates one will have a different kind of winter theme.

Not that I'm particularly enthusiastic about more Fates focus myself, especially if it means more repeats of characters who've already had seasonal versions, but that seems like the likely way for it to turn out. Maybe the Hoshido royals in some sort of more traditionally Japanese-themed winter outfits, to contrast with the Western-inspired Christmas outfits the Awakening characters have?

17 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Now that is just narrow minded thinking. 

Of course it is. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, that I can actually help ya with! Though the pic has some OCs in it too. :P It's not the same swimsuit she has in that fic though, mainly because I had forgotten about it at the time. I like the new swimsuit I designed for her better anyway. (I know, the faces are kinda eh. But I got the bodies down pretty nicely, I think)

Oh, nice. But yeah, not impossible to have these kinds of designs. We don't need just Awakening and Fates being the ones filling in the fanservice role.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh, nice. But yeah, not impossible to have these kinds of designs. We don't need just Awakening and Fates being the ones filling in the fanservice role.

Thanks! Yeah, agreed.

4 more armors and still no new dragons since Ninian.

I really like Tharja's art, and lingerie is a really common Christmas gift (in this case it is a gift for Robin *wink* *wink*). Her skillset is great too. Definitely my most wanted.

Chrom and Lissa share a color, boo. An armored healer would have been cool. With the new buff to healers, I wouldn't mind seeing a new healer get introduced.

Robin is one of my least favorite characters. Probably because I absolutely hated the Avatar in Awakening. 

Those new armor only skills seem pretty over-powered. Vengeful fighter is just a super version of Quick Riposte. Amelia will be absolutely ridiculous with it. All of the super whales in the top 1000 are going to be using these skills a lot.

Can't wait to see their stats.

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

IS, you had one job! To give us Santa Hector! It's a shame we didn't get Santa 'OHOH' Hector.

Santa Hector would be cool design wise, but I feel like he would just be another Armored Axe unit just like his Vanilla self.

Anyone else think that there is going to be a 2nd holiday banner just like they did with Summer? This one being only 2 weeks long, and kinda early in the month makes me think so.