FEH: Winter's Envoy Banner

Jedi

I wonder if they'll prevent Bold Fighter from being taught to ranged units. They seem to have a habit of doing that these days for anything that might even be remotely broken on ranged units.

25 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Jakob will be broken with Bold Fighter/Brave Bow combo.  Effie is going to be broken with Bold Fighter, Brave Lance & Galeforce, and Amelia could run the equivalent with Brave Axe.

Brave weapons aren't what will make Bold Fighter powerful. It's going to be Slaying weapons since they have the ability to be refined and will be able to activate a 4-cooldown special skill (namely Ignis) on the second hit as long as the opponent can counterattack.

Vengeful Fighter will allow slow red armors (namely Zephiel) to run Wo Dao+ and Ignis and land that Ignis on the second counterattack.

24 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

(and Tharja will get Ayra treatment just cuz)

Rather likely due to Henry and Jakob having boosted stats to help compete with melee armors.

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

If the Fates children are anything to go by its not just tharja who will be getting the bst boost treatment (at least I hope we don't get another holy war banner where only some characters get a bst boost)

Melee armors do not need boosted stats. I don't think anyone would complain if Lissa, Chrom, and Robin got normal melee armor stats and Tharja got Henry's or Jakob's boosts.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Melee armors do not need boosted stats. I don't think anyone would complain if Lissa, Chrom, and Robin got normal melee armor stats and Tharja got Henry's or Jakob's boosts.

The only Melee armour that has been added to the summoning pool post launch (Amelia) has the trainee boosts there is basically nothing to stop them 

12 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

The only Melee armour that has been added to the summoning pool post launch (Amelia) has the trainee boosts there is basically nothing to stop them 

Literally no one was surprised that Amelia got trainee boosts.

The armors are currently ridiculously neatly divided among themselves. Amelia is the only armor that was a trainee in her original game, meaning everyone expected trainee boosts (even if people didn't expect her to be an armor). Henry and Jakob are the only ranged armors currently in the game, and they also happen to be the only ones with non-standard stat boosts. Every other armor in the game is a non-trainee melee armor with no other stat modifications.

While I wouldn't put it past them to give stat boosts to them for no goddamn reason because they just fucking felt like it, unlike with other unit types, like recent infantry and cavalry units, there is no need to do so for differentiation purposes because there are simply so few armors in the game right now, and all of them already have massive stats even without non-standard boosts.

There's also just the simple fact that trainee was already an established character class modifier. Being a "melee trainee armor" is no more exceptional than being a "ranged infantry" or a "melee veteran cavalry".

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hector will also get a boost from Vengeful Fighter, and could attack with Ignis if the foe attacks twice.  Bold Fighter would be an interesting choice on him as well, as he could use Bonfire on his second attack.  Baiting him out will be more difficult now.

Thinking about Aether Tharja :D:

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

I feel like Vengeful fighter would waste what makes Hector unique over any other axe armour, I feel Bold Stance would be the way to go to punish people like me who just let him hit my unit on his turn 

Dragons got buffed

Now armors are getting buffed! YET

Quote this if you're putting Brazen Atk/Spd on your Nino

Edit:

Anyone else ready for bold fighter brave Lance Effie?

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

She's the goth gf we never had.

You understand my suffering.

Still kinda disappointed they're all armors, since a flying reindeer or reindeer cavalry unit would have been really cool to see too, and I'm just not really a fan of armor teams. I'll for sure try to make Tharja work for me, though. I don't have a Katarina for owl tome fodder or any Armor March units, so hopefully that B skill will be good enough to let her function well without so much extra help.

I'm tempted to pull for Robin for Armor March but man, I still just don't care for Ryo's artwork there. Any other artist and I might be interested in him. At least Chrom looks alright, so I wouldn't be too upset if he pity broke me for Lissa if I go for her.

1 minute ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Will Brazen Atk/Spd be locked to armors?  Or will any unit be able to get it?  If the latter is the case, Ayra and Quad units get even better, amongst many other units who will benefit..

I don't mind if it stays unlocked because the computers are generally too dumb to use things like ardent sacrifice to drop below the threshold so arena defence teams using blade mages and the such would be less scary since they wouldn't be getting any buffs before they die but it would be a buff to players. That said if it works anything like the defiant skills then it will be terrifying on blade mages (the defiant skills count as rallies)

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I want to, I really want to. And on my Mae, and whoever I'm going to use as my red blade tome user.

Assuming it won't be locked to armors of course. Then there's theTharja from this banner (and halloween Henry, for those who got him), if I get her.

Edited by Larverto

8 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I don't mind if it stays unlocked because the computers are generally too dumb to use things like ardent sacrifice to drop below the threshold so arena defence teams using blade mages and the such would be less scary since they wouldn't be getting any buffs before they die but it would be a buff to players. That said if it works anything like the defiant skills then it will be terrifying on blade mages (the defiant skills count as rallies)

This makes me wonder if, given the opportunity, I should put Brazen Atk/Spd with Bladetome on Mistle(camel)toe Tharja.  Bold Fighter would need to be sacrificed as well, but man, just imagine the nuking capabilities.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

4 minutes ago, Larverto said:

I want to, I really want to. And on my Mae, and whoever I'm going to use as my red blade tome user.

Assuming it won't be locked to armors of course. Then there's theTharja from this banner (and halloween Henry, for those who got him), if I get her.

Everyone start praying it isn't locked

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Everyone start praying it isn't locked

Instead I am going to pray the defiant skills come around in sacred seal form because I just realised how broken that would be on Katarina (self buffing blade mages fancy that) 

16 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Will Brazen Atk/Spd be locked to armors?  Or will any unit be able to get it?  If the latter is the case, Ayra and Quad units get even better, amongst many other units who will benefit..

You lose effectiveness on your first round of combat, though, and that's usually when it counts most. Ardent Sacrifice is a thing, but it costs you a generally more useful mobility Assist or a dual Rally if you are going for points.

10 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Mistle(camel)toe Tharja

Do you actually need to say this every time

12 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Instead I am going to pray the defiant skills come around in sacred seal form because I just realised how broken that would be on Katarina (self buffing blade mages fancy that) 

It's even better on Nino :smug:

Defiant speed Nino...

I'd die

Damn, this banner is quite cruel. I want to draw Tharja, but Tharja has the best ability for Gwendolyn and Sheena. So I would need 3 of her.
I think the Skill has been unlucky written. I'm still irritated about the +1. 
I will try to get at least 2 Thajar, one to have and one to give to Sheena or Gwendolyn.

If the bell is upgradable I also want like to have a Bell for Sheena. But who knows D=.

Edited by Stroud

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

If the bell is upgradable I also want like to have a Bell for Sheena. But who knows D=.

All of the other seasonal weapons were refinable so no reason why these ones shouldn't be 

Well except that they are basically fury 2 on one phase and nothing on the other phase heh

Yeah..... I am unsure about refinement for those weapons too lol

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Soren is close enough.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

All of the other seasonal weapons were refinable so no reason why these ones shouldn't be 

Well except that they are basically fury 2 on one phase and nothing on the other phase heh

Yeah..... I am unsure about refinement for those weapons too lol

It occurred to me earlier there's a chance refinement could give Chrom and Lissa's weapons different effects.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder if they'll prevent Bold Fighter from being taught to ranged units. They seem to have a habit of doing that these days for anything that might even be remotely broken on ranged units.

Per usual I'm behind the times, since I've been at work until now, but are the new Fighter Skills going to be Armor-locked, since they sound a bit like Wary Fighter?  The Japanese names often give a better clue, and we've also got the confusion of whether +1 means the special triggers faster or slower.

Well, there being two Axe units gives me an excuse to summon on Greens again.  Hopefully, I can actually pull a Titania this time.  Blue will give me a shot at Oscar and Tailtiu, too, who have eluded me, despite being 4*s.  I'll have to shot for Tharja for Red Tome Valor, too.  If I get really lucky, I might try for two for when we ever get a Red Tome Dancer, but that might be a bit too much to ask for.

35 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Random tidbit that doesn't really matter, but it seems Fjorm has replaced Virion as the fourth player unit in the new hero videos.

Reveal hidden contents

qAFo6wt.png

R.I.P. Virion.

That makes me sadder than no reindeer riding units, to be honest.