Non-Seasonal Possibilities for Rare Weapon/Movement Combinations

Rezzy

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If units were evenly distributed by movement type and weapon type (excluding breath weapons), there would only be 5-6 units of each type, so 2 is still a decent number.

There are also only 2 lance armors and 3 axe cavalry in the game, but no one seems to have mentioned them yet.

I will always believe that we should have gotten gatrie in the dauntless crimeans banner instead of oscar and the decision still baffles me. Also would have been fine with boyd with a poleaxe. both are needed to some degree, another lance cav was just stupid in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I will always believe that we should have gotten gatrie in the dauntless crimeans banner instead of oscar and the decision still baffles me. Also would have been fine with boyd with a poleaxe. both are needed to some degree, another lance cav was just stupid in my opinion. 

Maybe they were just going by popularity, rather than what types were needed.  It's surprising that we haven't gotten more Lance Armors by now, but it's by no means a rare combination in Fire Emblem for the most part.

Boyd or Kieran with a Poleaxe/Halberd would have been great.

Or they could have given Oscar a Bow, too.  It's probably his most "canon" secondary weapon, since that is requires for the Triangle Attack, and that's the weapon Silver Knights get in RD.

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe they were just going by popularity, rather than what types were needed.  It's surprising that we haven't gotten more Lance Armors by now, but it's by no means a rare combination in Fire Emblem for the most part.

Boyd or Kieran with a Poleaxe/Halberd would have been great.

Or they could have given Oscar a Bow, too.  It's probably his most "canon" secondary weapon, since that is requires for the Triangle Attack, and that's the weapon Silver Knights get in RD.

Yeah... How many popular Armor Knight left anyway?

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I think Oswin is fairly popular within the community? I personally wouldn't mind seeing Bryce as a GHB with a distant counter lance. Not that lance knights are exactly nonexistent. They're just not plentiful.

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I don't know how they ranked on the CYL, but off the top of my head, Gatrie, Brom, Tauroneo, Oswin, Wallace, Bors, Barth, Douglas, Lorenz, Roger, Gilliam, Kellem, Kjelle, Benny, and Ignatius.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know how they ranked on the CYL, but off the top of my head, Gatrie, Brom, Tauroneo, Oswin, Wallace, Bors, Barth, Douglas, Lorenz, Roger, Gilliam, Kellem, Kjelle, Benny, and Ignatius.

I'm actually surprised Wallace didn't win something just for being a meme. He seems a lot more meme-worthy than either Lute or Mia.

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

I'm actually surprised Wallace didn't win something just for being a meme. He seems a lot more meme-worthy than either Lute or Mia.

I wasn't even aware Lute or Mia were memes.  What did they do anyway?

Just now, Rezzy said:

I wasn't even aware Lute or Mia were memes.  What did they do anyway?

I actually wasn't either. I was mostly just going off the second-round CYL characters. I got the impression that they were all picked because they were somewhat memey.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Valbar seems to have gotten fairly popular after SoV, too. At least, that's the impression I got.

11 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Valbar seems to have gotten fairly popular after SoV, too. At least, that's the impression I got.

Him too, don't know how I forgot him.  Leon even mentions him, so I'm surprised he wasn't added yet.

50 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I actually wasn't either. I was mostly just going off the second-round CYL characters. I got the impression that they were all picked because they were somewhat memey.

Lute's always been pretty memey. "Did I do that?" being the Erkel quote, and for whatever reason gets associated with MLG memes.

Mia on the other hand I just assume is popular. The only Mia meme I remember is from more abysmal RD voice acting, but I don't know if I'd actually call that a meme.

Everyone talking about lance armors makes me wonder why Amelia got an axe. I would have assumed it was just to keep the colors within the banner balanced at the time, but they've clearly shown they don't care about color balance.

1 minute ago, Cornguy said:

Lute's always been pretty memey. "Did I do that?" being the Erkel quote, and for whatever reason gets associated with MLG memes.

Mia on the other hand I just assume is popular. The only Mia meme I remember is from more abysmal RD voice acting, but I don't know if I'd actually call that a meme.

Everyone talking about lance armors makes me wonder why Amelia got an axe. I would have assumed it was just to keep the colors within the banner balanced at the time, but they've clearly shown they don't care about color balance.

We only had two Axe Armors and two Lance Armors at the time, so it was an even split, and Wendy being 3* made it a lot easier to have one of them.  There's certainly more Lance Armors that can be added in the future, but since we have only been getting 3-4 new units a month now, who knows when any of them will be added.

14 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

I'm pretty sure radiant dawn voice acting in general is a meme, Rolf was cringier in my opinion, though path of radiance voice acting was pretty cringy as well.

That is how you justify a remake

22 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I'm pretty sure radiant dawn voice acting in general is a meme, Rolf was cringier in my opinion, though path of radiance voice acting was pretty cringy as well.

PoR voice acting wasn't that bad.  Plus there were only like four lines of voiced dialogue.

43 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Wow, I'm going to have to check those out out of curiosity.

25 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Yeah, Dheginsea or however they spelled it that game spawned at least two memes himself: "Goldoa will not move" and "Hold, hold I say." And both of those were in a single cutscene. I think the Greil Mercs intro spawned three memes in and of itself too.

That said, I would freaking love a remake of both of those.

Edited by bottlegnomes

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

PoR voice acting wasn't that bad.  Plus there were only like four lines of voiced dialogue.

I still feel like the fire emblem anime had better voice acting than both, which even then was not considered good, but there are no meme worthy lines, though I guess path of radiance did have, unironically, one of if not my favorite lines in all of fire emblem. 

Is that, all there is? No challenge? No resistance...

I guess I wasn't giving path of radiance the credit it deserved.

*mist quote here*

32 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Wow, I'm going to have to check those out out of curiosity.

Yeah, Dheginsea or however they spelled it that game spawned at least two memes himself: "Goldoa will not move" and "Hold, hold I say." And both of those were in a single cutscene. I think the Greil Mercs intro spawned three memes in and of itself too.

That said, I would freaking love a remake of both of those.

His boss fight alone could be a meme.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I still feel like the fire emblem anime had better voice acting than both, which even then was not considered good, but there are no meme worthy lines, though I guess path of radiance did have, unironically, one of if not my favorite lines in all of fire emblem. 

I guess I wasn't giving path of radiance the credit it deserved.

*mist quote here*

His boss fight alone could be a meme.

It's been a while since I played RD. Was there anything in particular that he said there?

And yeah, the BK fight scene was IMO hands down the best cutscene FE had prior to Awakening. Even going back now and watching it about my only gripes are Ike's VA and how badly Greil's words don't sync with his mouth at certain points. Though Ike's breakdown at the end does remind me that that's something Ike's non-PoR characterization is sorely lacking. It was a very humanizing moment for him, as was his stupid fight against the BK there.

In general, PoR's wasn't great, but aside from Mist's in the into scene I didn't think it was that terrible.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

It's been a while since I played RD. Was there anything in particular that he said there?

I was moreso referring to how ridiculous his stats were, I don't recall him saying anything that stood out though. he was just crazy, given that the Black Knight was soloed by Ike and sepherian was a bit of a pushover(the spirits put up more of a fight than he did).

On 16.12.2017 at 7:04 AM, Alexmender said:

Let's start with fliers. Reina is a good choice for a flying archer (unless IS goes out of it's way to make her a Lance flier...). Caeldori could always be a staff flier, although that seems a bit unlikely but having a 35/35 atk/spd healer with the Dazzling+Wrathful combo and (almost) unrestricted movement would be disgusting. For mage fliers Aversa is the obvious choice being a red flying mage with Goetia, Sumia and Cynthia can also work although they seem a bit more unlikely. 

Going into armor units. I think a few of the armor units in Shadow Dragon/New Mystery have good proficiency at using bows so there's that, sadly I don't remember which characters had that so I'm unable to give names. For mage armors the only ones that come to mind are G2 Arvis (extremely unlikely to come considering we have a G1.5 Arvis already) and Bloom who is ultra unpopular and will only come if Glade (who?) is added someday. I don't recall a staff armor ever existing in FE so that's either a seasonal or will never happen.

And to finish with the most dreaded type, horses. Green mage horse units can include Selena from FE8. For Red mage horses I can only think of Azelle from FE4 but that depends of what version IS would use. For Blue mage horse units FE4 Artur comes to mind if they choose to base him on  his promoted class. Horse archers are pretty easy to fill, we have Rath, Shin, Sue, Midir, Astrid, Wolf and Sedgar as easy choices (although I don't think I'd like seeing more horse archers after what happened with B!Lyn).

Fe 4/5 Barons can use staves. But there are no notable users, except Chagall, but he will probably be a fire mage 

12 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I was moreso referring to how ridiculous his stats were, I don't recall him saying anything that stood out though. he was just crazy, given that the Black Knight was soloed by Ike and sepherian was a bit of a pushover(the spirits put up more of a fight than he did).

Oh yeah, he was crazy. I kind of wish they'd add characters like him and Medeus in just to see whether they'd make their stats bonkers. There was a youtuber who used to do a whole bunch of videos of characters fighting each other and Dheginsea actually beat Ashera.