Rev PMU.

joshcja

The horrible mental trauma of my last revelations run has finnaly scarred over into fluffy nostalgia but I'd rather not do yet another conkob setup and stomp so here we are.

Will document in thread. Lunatic no-grind. No DLC. No visiting. Using dragon herbs and boots for QOL reasons.

This is a plain old fassion PMU. 10 gen1 units of ya'lls choice + whatever kids they crank out. FCorrin (your choice of talent and boon/bane), and Azura (Dancer). Gunther and Scarlette are off the table for obvious reasons. Edit: For clarity, I will not be fielding unpicked units other than kids at all past ch6, they can die for all I care. Suggestions for kids are fine but don't waste your pick on em, if they exist they exist.

I retain the right to chose final class and pairings for the sake of a swift merciful end (hahahaha no) but if a suggestion is entertaining enough I'll probably go for it. I will attempt to work the chosen classes into the build as much as practicaly possible though. Unless they don't exist in my pool, at all.

If I'm short on units and this falls off page 1 rng decides remaining slots. If folks don't read the OP and assume this is a PMUPCE (pick my units pairings classes eugenics) I'll take the main unit and call the rest suggestions.

Units so far:

FCorrin (Shrine maiden, +mag/-def), Azura, Hana, Nyx, Camilia, Silias, Harlot, Benny, Fuga, Oboro, Takumi, Odin(Rip game).

Edited by joshcja

Corn get. Ran up to Ch7.

Prolouge: Ok the opening cutsceenfest is pretty but I gotta ask... What was Ryoma's plan if he killed Xander? Eat half a ton of rediculous flying warhorse to the face? This just seems like poor planning.

1: -def cost me button presses. Curse you.

2: GUNthur is my waifu.

3: GUNthur shot first in my heart. Fuckin lucasart remake.

4: Hi mom. -Def can blow me. Ryoma is that 11 year old playing the DPS class in any MMO instance ever. Why anyone would pick BR after this bit of the demo is beyond me. Ch25 CQ is calling my name. Kaze gained 2 str so...

5: Die mom. Hello ANIME!!! Kaze gained str so get some map. Get out spoileragi. Takumi not being in this map is still a really akward choice narative wise. Like, he hasn't fallen some close to infinite distance onto his neck yet, why the actual hell is he not here. He was right next to Ryoma ffs.

6: +Mag means I can skip Jakobscumming here. This is a legitimately cool map from a gameplay prespective, easily the best choice map of the 3 routes, the movement tech/stat range strat changes for different corns are really tight and polished. Be back later, my goldfish is giving me an unskippable tutorial on home improvement.

Corn stats:XL 9.19/Hp 25/Str13/Mag10/Skl 11/Spd11/Lck12/Def9/Res4

May finish Corn in Shrine if that class gets A bows.

Edited by joshcja

1 hour ago, Kurrin said:

Bow Knight Nyx.

If trying to get her out of imbalanced hell is too much, Mechanist Oboro is my alternative suggestion.

Nyx needs one level to do her job tbh. That's like 2 attack stance kills at join for her, and I can certainly find a use for BK if only to gain the the coveted move+1 for movement on her or a kid. (If any exist, seems I'm running harem strats atm)

She's a pairup bot through and through though, at most she's getting kills for silver statue. If you'd prefer a lead unit I can sub in Oboro.

Edited by joshcja

1 hour ago, joshcja said:

She's a pairup bot through and through though, at most she's getting kills for silver statue. If you'd prefer a lead unit I can sub in Oboro.

A pocket unit is still a unit so Nyx is fine.

6 hours ago, joshcja said:

May finish Corn in Shrine if that class gets A bows.

If only.

Anyway it looks like you're lacking some men and it's not really Fates if Silas isn't there is it?

Makes me wonder if you need some more tanking, I think that Benny can do the job just fine. Heck, put him in the General class for a while, and bam, there is Wary Fighter. It will work well with his non-existent speed. Marry him with whoever you want.

4 units to go.

Assuming nobody's giving me a free pass to Arankos with Jakob so I went ahead and knocked out 7&8 to get Hana. If I do somehow get handed not-seth he'll just eat all the tonics on 9.

7: Dark Dark Cave is a bad Mario level. Def malus is hardly noticeable with a tonic, first time I've used Azura as a pairup bot, or fed Azura kills. Jakob was sorely missed

8: Yukimura is a huge fan of MASH apparently. Def malus is extremely noticeable and painful here. Azura gets bronze statue kills. Finaly got Hana, Azura has gained Hp 3 times in a row making her the second bulkiest unit in my army after -Def Corn witha fat 21 HP.

While Hana's a fragile PoS with bones of glass and skin of paper I'm actually glad to get her. She passes out Sam reclass and rev has the boosters to make her suprisingly good in combat. If kinshi is possible it's gaurenteed to see use in the early valite segment of the game.

Edited by joshcja

54 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Ngl, i legitimately cannot remember Fuga's join condition.

Get a Hot Spring and upgrade it to Lv. 3 (requires you to be at Ch 18 or beyond).

Anyway, I guess I'll suggest rolling with Mechanist!Oboro?  Because I'm uncreative and just steal other people's ideas.

Alternatively, to balance out the Nohr:Hoshido royalty ratio, go with Basara!Takumeme.

Go with whichever one you're feeling for.  Or don't, I guess.

14 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Get a Hot Spring and upgrade it to Lv. 3 (requires you to be at Ch 18 or beyond).

Anyway, I guess I'll suggest rolling with Mechanist!Oboro?  Because I'm uncreative and just steal other people's ideas.

Alternatively, to balance out the Nohr:Hoshido royalty ratio, go with Basara!Takumeme.

Go with whichever one you're feeling for.  Or don't, I guess.

Or both, because desire to play game is strong.

One open.

Edited by joshcja

Ohgodrevodin.

Thoughts on units/requests/pairings before I get into the meat of this.

Corncob: For reasons unrelated to gameplay I'll wind up in Shrine (Looks so fucking fancy x.x). No idea on Euginics, may be forever-alone. Carry me plz.

Azura: I have an excuse to use birdzura and it may actually happen. May be alone. Overleveled enough to enter combat lol.

Hana: Kinshi ain't in my pool unless she rides taco's meat. Good ole Silias bonin is more likely though. She'll probably do way more work than I'll ever admit as she's my only non-corn unit before ninjaland

Oboro: Mechanist is happening and will be a workhorse, apoth may happen immediately for bows in forrest. Glad to see her show up, Benny marrige is likely as he gives good adds as a Be and she's pretty tanky. Opens up some nice Iggys.

Camillia: Is banned from dracozerking QQ. Will probably get on taco's meat for +11 brave axe funtimes. WL is happening immediately.

Takumi: Basara is really unironicly good and his personal yumi is ass so that is happening asap. May go kinshi/dragonface in early val for reasons. May bone Hana for double kinshi funtimes.

Silias: -def Corn+ Vow. We rollin deep. Hana and Harlot are both options for a painful Sophie. No idea on how I'm classing em.

Harlot: May go maid for sol knives, skills, and a second freeze stave.  May just be another horse for silias to ride.

Benny: I really like Benny's supports. Looking forward to seeing his Oboro lines. Lategame is really enemy dense and Benny cannot (and would not) hurt a fly so he's a pocket manbear.

Fuga: People over 50 apperently have the best sex? Corrin may just find out! Also I have no idea what he does but MoA is busted so it'll be useable.

Odin&Nyx aka +4 mag cap +4 statue Ophelia: Bloodgoddess%. Will probably let Odin Eldrich Smackdown ballgag dragon for reasons.

-----------------------------------------

Got a chance to play again.

P1/Invasion 1: Fed it to Hana, Rip Mozu. Corrin got bosskills, Azura is getting silly overleveled.

Ch9: Who the fuga thought this map this early in the game was a good idea? I could have flyer skipped with Azura but you get less than 50k in this game and my funds after tonics and a kodachi are not existant. One of my fav CQ maps but dear shit it is a slog here. Rinkah puts her club in convoy and jumps off a cliff.

Ch10: I like minesweeper and I enjoy gratuitous amounts of boosters so unlike most folks I have no complaints about this map. Oboro and Takumi join as a more useful unit falls on his neck.

Ch11: Oboro eats the ch9 seal to immediately go merchant and picks up a +2 bronze yumi. She does more damage than taco already so I don't exactly expect great things from him. Saizo and company all die as my scrubsquad runs left to take out the MN before he can move and then the map is pretty much won. Two things of note. This map is a huge improvement over BR's use of the forest, split positioning and two timers (left rush and save mooks) combined with not-fe8 enemy stats is really threatening if you're using jank setups like this. Second I've often shat on the lifetaker skill and renewal/evens/odds reasoning for this is simple, Quick Potion is a better version of those skills with more utilitty and it comes at xl10 instead of x/5 or x/15.  Heavily underated skill. No locktouch is bullshit. Corrin promotes and chews an arms scroll so I can sell junk to buy the mighty cheese/freeze stave after the map.

Ch12: Reclassed Takumi to have another meledude, Oboro already outdamages him and has fatty fat bulk. Hana promotes and Oboro is xl18. Having all your dudes on one boat gets pretty tense if you're refusing to flyerskip. Corin is absurdly busy with heals/combat/vuln chugging Quick Potion is still a godsend as Oboro can be reckless as hell. Hana puts in a lot of work and Takumi... is there alright.

Ch13: Cam reclasses and chews most of the boosters, she babysits takumi early for a few kills and then he hops on Hana so she can stomp the entire left side and assert dominance over Ryoma. Oboro promotes and the fun times roll. Corrin is still overly busy. First time I've ever had a reason to use the rubble on this map, sadly it got used to lock some furries in a room. Shining bow activate. Also holy shit maiden looks good.

Ch14: Broke my conduct for Elise so she could recruit half the map, Arthur got unlucky and drowned himself and Effie. Benny and Harlot get a combined 0 kills as Takumi struggles to become relevant. Hana just killed the lest side while Oboro and Corin killed the right. Silias get.

Ch15: Silias seals into merc (God revlias has stats for days) Oboro takes Benny and smashes left, Everyone else runs right to feed Nyx a level in outlaw with the bronze forge for locktouch, promote Silias to BK (bronze forge is so good), and kill mooks. Shura got frozen and killed for exp on Silias.

Ch16: These are cool maps but the no-save gimmic was an annoying way to seal Odin's true power. Ryoma's seal goes to harlot so Silias can double, Cam gets forcefed all the exp she can get in order to do her job in the next map, Corin and Oboro run north and then east, Silias and Hana holding the still unpromoted Taco run east and then north. Hana may have a forged steel sword named Bruce Willis. Renewal is helpful here despite my shit talking as Corin needs to move, fight, and toss out wane festals constantly.

Ch17: Awakening stat enemies barely dent Oboro and a heavily toniced Cam holding a still unpromoted taco. Hana reaches 0% Hitrateon forts. Corrin is made of glass so I removed renewal here in favor of VoF abuse. Odin dual striked his way to 18.6x here at the cost of a freeze charge and hit C support with Corrin.

Invasion 2: Taco Promotes, After Odin hits 20/2. Which one of these is supposed to be the bad unit again?

Ch18: Spoilers: It's Taco. Sold junk, bought Nos, Odin chewed a def tonic, an upsidedown cake Corn's cornhole, and the map, 20/8 B support. Taco is just trying to show Hana his pole and she's unimpressed.

Ch19: Odin eats 2 maps at once, Oboro hits A shuriken in time for her brave, Silias is enjoying the shit out of perma VoF. Takumi is still 20/2 Benny has gained more exp off DG's and is a 19/3 Be.

Ch20: Odin consumes and hits 20/13 (I've been feeding all the kills possible to other useful mooks). Camilia abuses her fast exp to snag trample. Fuga exists and is going to be ridden like the old village bike he is after a blacksmith reclass. Taco gets 20/5 and RH for Kiragi. Wedding parade happens. Nyx does her job unlike a pineapple I know.

Taking a break to figure out kids and the upcoming reclass parade. Non-Ophelia kids. We all know how she do.

Ch Sophie: I wanted a brave lance user.

Ch Kana: Odin picks up LoD and Vantage. Rip game.

Ch Ophelia: This is probably the hardest late paralouge if you didnt use Odin, but if you ised Odin... pfffr. Corn took vantage off Hana forever ago to abuse VoF so I get an immediate VLoD Ophelia, she hits 20/11 and chugs a dust.

Ch Kiragi: I wanted a bird. Ophelia and Odin hit 20/15. Corrin hits A staves so I can never use fortify because that breaks vantage.

Ch21: Azuras mom has got it goin on. 

Ch22: She's all I want and I've waited for so long.

Ch23: Just kidding Ophelias the girl for me. I really need a woman and Excalibur blicked Azuras mom. (Yes I know 20 is Anthony but that map is bland, has an optimally tedius gimmic, and is just so forgettable we pretend there was more hot dragon bangin lady there instead k?)

Ch24: Hi mom. Die mom. Hana gets Swordfaire because I did this the easy way and let vantagesorc kill all the things instead of solid sneking.

Ch Iggy: Sophie needs a boy toy. Not sure why folks think this map is hard, 2 turns ez bby.

Ch 25: Hi dad. Die dad. Everyone but ophy and MU went north. Ophy hit 20/17 off 1 xp kills, Hana got LoD Cam hit x/20 and everyone else hit 20/15.

Ch26: It was me, GUNthur! Gurgle die fucking cheaty Ophy user. Got the cheats to see what was in em, +2 mt for my braves!

Invasion 3: 20/20 Sorc's. Boom.

Ch27: Ophy%

Ch28: Kiragi and Sophie killed left hand, Cam and Silias killed right, Hana and Ophy broke the core, Odin Abysmal Bodyblowed the kill. But only after I ensured the death of fates primary antagonist, 20/5 basara taco.

Edited by joshcja

Semi-scumbag bump for a post unit breakdown if anyone cares how their picks panned out. Stats are from pre-ch27.

Corrin: XL20/13 Hp38/Str/26/Mag29/Skl22/Spd31/Lck/27/Def19/Res 24. AStaves/Bbows. Skills: Nobility/Miracle/Rally luck/Rally mag/Vantage.

Carried hard early as she was my only combat unit up to Hana's join, picked up sam skills for evental Ophelia and vantage abuse, picked up rally mag because I was running double Sorc. Renewal was really good for a few maps. Heal-all staves are bad and saw 0 use but status staves are godly and got spammed to hell and back so I regret nothing. Ohdeargodshrinemaidenlookssogood.

Ophelia: Sorc XL 20/20 Hp43/Mag43/Skl29/Spd33/Lck25/Def16/Res23. STomes. Skills: Heartseeker/Vantage/LoD/Mal Aura/Vengeance.

It's Ophelia. You know what she does by now. Only interesting thing was that she needed a robe and tonics to live a hit from Ch27 Arankos. Hard carried late because Ophelia. Used Excalibur because it's a free +2 steel with megabuff hit/crit and random flyer effectiveness. She's crackfast and relies on one-hit damage output on EP so its drawback is irrelevant on her.

Odin: Sorc XL20/20 Hp 45/Mag28/Skl29/Spd26/Lck27/Def30/Res22. S tomes.Skills Mal/HS/Van/Veng/LoD.

Odin's conquest of this game should be a revelation to the haters, Nostanking is his birthright. Dual striked to a tolerable level, promoted, and made the rest of my army irrelevant (sans ophys and staveuser) until it was dragonslaying time and a slew of braves was neccesary. After his LoD dip he slung forged killer/lightning/nos/Gate and orkoed for days.

Oboro: Mechanist XL 20/17 Hp40/Str27/Skl27/Spd30/Lck27/Ded34/Res21 AShuriken/BBows. Skills: Seal Speed/Quick Potion/Rend Heaven/Luna/Def+2.

She was my main Ep unit from promotion to ch18. Same bulk as Odin aka megafatty, strong 1-2 range and double procs kept her damage out of the dumpster, sadly her lack of stack kicked in lategame, she was never bad though and I got to use the rally items via potent potion for some sick player phase beatdowns. Replicate is bad so it's not used.

Sophie: Paladin XL 20/17 Hp52/Str30/Skl30/Spd31/Lck22/Def22/Res21. ALances/CSwords. Skills: Eroom/Luna or shelter/Riposte/Hp+5/Defender.

Brave lance on a horse. Guard Naginata and a forged Javalin let her not suck on EP, no reason to invest in swords because dual naginata. She had a lady boner for Be Iggy. Best female Paladin/Cav backsprite.

Silias: Bow Knight XL 20/17 Hp54/Str30/Skl33/Spd28/Lck19/Def30/Res23. ABows/BSwords. Skills: Hp+5/Eroom/Riposte/Luna/Defender.

After sending Harlot through therapy he cranked out Sophie. VoF is broken. BK got used because it's crackfast and bows have huge Mt, not like silias needs more than his effective 54/34/26 bulk. Crecent bow user#1 got a Nhorian blade from a castle convo to let him bulk up even more as needed. Basicly better xander in every way. Sadly I didn't get Kaggy or Kaze for the ultimate death machine known as MN!Silias. Bronze yumi forge got used pretty much all game.

Hana: Swordmaster XL18 Hp41/Str29/Skl31/Spd37/Lck15/Def15/Res27. SSwords. Skills: Quick Draw/Vantage/Duelists Blow/Swordfaire/LoD.

Hana ate a robe so she has an actual Hp stat. Was my only non-Corn unit for a long time so the exp gain was real enough to carry her through the odd SM midgame slouch into the sexy +19 stack she's rocking. She did a suprising amount of dodgetanking on EP and helped enable murderphelia. Cute and good would use again. VLod user#3. Used her in Kinshi on the floaty valite maps for another bird. Bronze forge is so good. Her personal skill is extremely good.

Camilia: It's a WL Cammy with Trample/Blow. Move along nothing more or less than the standard level of overkill. Brave axe user.

Azura: First time I've ever seen her hit her capstone skill. I even got to use it in ch25.

Kiragi: Sniper XL15 Hp39/Str30/Skl34/Spd32/Lck22/Def20/Res11. ABows. Skills: Quick Draw/Astra/Rend Heaven/Cblow/BFaire

Crecent bow #2 and another bird. His personal is really good and really annoying. His convos with Sophie are cute and not-avel based.

Nyx: Dank Knight. 11/1. No.

Locktouch and move+1 got rediculous use, she went BK whenever Cam needed a pairup. For a unit with 2 rounds of combat she did serious work as a klepto.

Harlot: 10/1 Zerk. On Silias's horse. Made Sophie and got on her horse a few times but then Iggy joined and it got wierd.

Taco: Basara XL20/5 DEAD.

I tried. Never did anything because he's low key a terrible unit that joins with a +1 steel yumi before you can forge that and a personal that adds +2 damage as long as taco sucks, so pretty much always. As an actual comvat unit even BA can't save him. Was sacrificed to Arankos to make sure Odin would kill ballgag at his maximum level of power. Oh he also shot Kiragi into Hana. So that was useful.

Iggy: Zerk in Sophies thong-pocket.

Kana: Sorc in Ophys pocket. Platonicly.

Fuga: got used as a bot 3 times. Should use him again because his quotes are great. Cooked a perfect meal for ch27!

Edit: Benny is apparently bear kellam because I forgot him entirely. Pairup zerk that made a pairup zerk.

Edited by joshcja