Doki Doki Literature Club

Alexmender

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

God, I haven't even finished Sages episode and this has happened:

Hide contents

Disturbing posters, Blood eyes, creepy Yuri, faceless Natsuki, Just Monika

He took Natuski's route during the 2nd arc? Neat!

I haven't watched his playthrough but I think i will when I get the time to do so.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Alexmender said:

He took Natuski's route during the 2nd arc? Neat!

I haven't watched his playthrough but I think i will when I get the time to do so.

Actually, apparently, he did Natsuki in the first arc, and now he is doing Yuri.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Actually, apparently, he did Natsuki in the first arc, and now he is doing Yuri.

Hmm... I guess I didn't account for the "special" events each playthrough has. But just to be sure

Spoiler

Did anything happen with Natsuki apart from the faceless thing? Like does the word "neck" ring a bell?

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Hmm... I guess I didn't account for the "special" events each playthrough has. But just to be sure

Hide contents

Did anything happen with Natsuki apart from the faceless thing? Like does the word "neck" ring a bell?

Spoiler

Neck doesn't seem to ring a bell to me. But I do remember Sages got the special scene for Yuri. The one were her and the Main Character are reading a book and the MC pops a piece of chocolate into her mouth.

11 minutes ago, Poimagic said:
  Hide contents

Neck doesn't seem to ring a bell to me. But I do remember Sages got the special scene for Yuri. The one were her and the Main Character are reading a book and the MC pops a piece of chocolate into her mouth.

Oh ok, then yes he went directly into Yuri's route. The second arc is a bit funny in how it works so it can get a bit fuzzy when determining which route you get into. 

Spoiler

I wonder if he saw the poster in the classroom which has Sayori in it? It's easy to miss if you focus too much on Monika reading.

Might as well show this here.

DDLC has won the IGN's People's Choice Awards 2017 for best PC game.

Congrats! 

Edited by Alexmender

24 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Oh ok, then yes he went directly into Yuri's route. The second arc is a bit funny in how it works so it can get a bit fuzzy when determining which route you get into. 

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder if he saw the poster in the classroom which has Sayori in it? It's easy to miss if you focus too much on Monika reading.

Congrats! 

Spoiler

Oh no, don't worry, I saw the poster after realizing what it was. And I must say, that is very messed up.

Wow, awesome! This is very impressive and it won some very good awards. Congrats!

On woensdag 20 december 2017 at 12:01 AM, KongDude said:

@Hekselka Well you've made the right choice.

I think it's a little difficult to tell that it's Monika as my avatar...

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Reveal hidden contents

Congrats!

Good to hear. It's quite the unique title.

12 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Congrats! 

Wow, neat! But, adventure game? It's not much of an adventure game, unless the term is more broad than I think.

So real question:

Spoiler

how many of you actually went in blind? Did you end up getting spoiled before actually getting the full experience?

I got spoiled by Lt. Eddy's stream Highlights for Doki Doki, since he basically just put all the shock parts in it...

I probably would've had a better reaction if I hadn't seen that first.

Also decided to download the game. I'll probably just

Spoiler

stay with Monika and not delete her file LOL.

12 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So real question:

Hide contents

how many of you actually went in blind? Did you end up getting spoiled before actually getting the full experience?

I got spoiled by Lt. Eddy's stream Highlights for Doki Doki, since he basically just put all the shock parts in it...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I think I was lucky to go in blind. I just saw a free VN on Steam and I like VN so why not? Turns out it was better and more fucked than what I thought. 

Anyways the first moment is pretty heavy regardless of spoilers as long as you start getting invested into the characters, the rest...well the game has subtle changes each playthrough so your experience may differ from what you saw. 

Not a bad choice, I think there's a mod that allows Monika to keep talking for a loooong time. Without it she can talk for hours before repeating herself.

4 hours ago, KongDude said:

So real question:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I pretty much went in blind. Only "spoilers" I heard were people saying to take the warnings seriously.

Stuff like Sayori's... incident... were about what I expected, but everything after that was not...

5 hours ago, KongDude said:

So real question:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Went in blind but when I saw the horror tag on the steam page I realized that this was probably one of those VN's with a big twist. I also fairly easily guessed Monika's secret because there's an untranslated Japanese VN that has a fairly similar twist.

Edited by Hekselka

So I complete my first playthrough...

Spoiler

I didn't stay with Monika because my brother and cousin was with me and they just wanted to see the game beat.

I gotta say though, it still managed to shock me with something I never saw from the youtubers I watched in their playthroughs.

When Monika starts "appearing" in the poem making games, I tried really hard to make one that would please her. To do so, I saved at the poem, and constantly started over til I got a good amount that would be mostly Monika words. At some point, I was interrupted with this.

Spoiler

TVYCZly.png

The whole thing broke... I was like, "Woah! I've never seen this happen yet. Maybe it's because I constantly reloaded it..."

Edit before post: Turns out, all you need to do is hit the broken text in the poem selection which is exactly what I did.

Before this poem creation game, we all get the scene where Yuri is found around the corner cutting herself and everything rewinds to the classroom, and instead Yuri just casually comes back to the class. That itself wasn't too much of a shock since I've seen it a couple of times. BUT, the same scene played again. I was really, really confused on why and if I accidentally hit the wrong save or something. But after the rewind, the screen blacks out for a bit, then I'm met with a Jumpscare of an eyeless Yuri that legit freaked me out. Like I got up from laying down because it made me so confused. More things glitch out and she begins talking about Deja vu and some other things.

Spoiler

nBoLInX.png

Can someone tell me how this scene is triggered? I don't know if I hit a special requirement because I haven't seen it happen to anyone else.

If I'm remembering correctly, she says many things about how she's remembering Monika seeming off and stuff. Then slowly, Monika fades into the screen.

And then Monika didn't want to share poems with me! :(

She said something like, "I warned you." I can't remember exactly.

Man, this LN was really something. Despite knowing how it played out, it still managed to surprise me with something I've never seen.

Edited by KongDude