Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving on from the current conversation, hoping we see something for this TT tomorrow. I imagine it will release on Friday, so a thursday reveal along with the TT banner, probably the main Awakening units, makes sense. Maybe we will learn the situation with the TT unit as well, if there is one.

I think this is going to be a Mini Tempest guys. I don't see a Christmas oriented Tempest running past new years. Especially if the banner itself doesn't. I imagine the tempest will run until New Years Eve and end on new years day after the reset.

Stash up those orbs for the legendary banner that's probably going to spook everybody the day before the year's out!

50% *5 Rate, but the banner only lasts one day. B!Ike, Dorcas, PA!Inigo, Elincia, B!Roy, ToD!Nowi, Fjorm, S!Corrin, Linde, ToD!Jakob, PA!Sakura, BB!Lyn.

Edited by Zeo

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I think this is going to be a Mini Tempest guys. I don't see a Christmas oriented Tempest running past new years. Especially if the banner itself doesn't. I imagine the tempest will run until New Years Eve and end on new years day after the reset.

Stash up those orbs for the legendary banner that's probably going to spook everybody the day before the year's out!

50% *5 Rate, but the banner only lasts one day. B!Ike, Dorcas, PA!Inigo, Elincia, B!Roy, ToD!Nowi, Fjorm, S!Corrin, Linde, ToD!Jakob, PA!Sakura, BB!Lyn.

The header graphic for this TT lacks the "Mini" that To Die on the Battlefield's graphic had though so unless if the devs made a mistake, that more than likely means this'll be a regular one.

Spoiler

File:Banner To Die on the Battlefield.png

File:Banner A Gift of Peace.png

Ā 

On 12/20/2017 at 12:00 AM, Iridium said:

I can't say I agree. A limited-time seasonal banner containing extremely powerful skills, with units that have the highest BST in the game in a very rare class of units (i.e. armors; Tharja is the only red tome armor, and Robin is one of very few lance armors), immediately preceding a confirmed Legendary Hero banner and a potential New Year's Banner (that will likely be subject to the same boons) is not my idea of 'generosity'. That's what someone not invested in the game would refer to as "drastically increasing the gap between whales and everyone else", a process that has already been tremendously expedited by many of the things introduced in 2.0 (such as blessings, which add to Arena score in a manner that only whales can possibly take advantage of.)

Meanwhile, content that benefits free players -- things like Grand Hero Battles, non-seasonal new hero banners, and new 4* units -- are becoming increasingly rare. Since the Brave Hero banner four months ago in September, which was probably the turning point, we've had:

• Exactly one new Grand Hero Battle: Arvis. But at least we've got Voting Gauntlets and Bound Hero Battle repeats to entertain us!
  • Four normal new character banners (Dauntless Crimeans, World of Holy War, Farfetched Heroes, and Children of Fate) with only 12 characters among them. Ayra and Rhajat were noticeably absent from these banners, and while I don't have the reason for this, several likely options come to mind and none are favorable.
    • Coincidentally, we've had three seasonal banners with 12 characters among them. Said seasonal characters are becoming increasingly powerful: Azura is the first seasonal character with a PRF, Henry and Jakob were the first with boosted BST, and now all four characters are whale fodder. If we have a New Year's banner, too...
  • Just three new units added to the 4* pool: Oscar, Tailtiu, and Soleil. It should be noted that prior to Brave Heroes and Sacred World, we received two units per banner.

The removal of Tempest Trial Mini in favor of a normal Tempest Trial for repeats would simply be par for the course.

I mean yes sure they need to put a roof over their head and all that but the game's already making millions so they it's not like they need to go this far. The game found great success in spite of its previous level of "generosity", and I'd like to imagine that tightening the noose would only serve to alienate the playerbase. Though as long as they don't shake off too many whales in the process, it probably won't make a realistic difference in the end, since whales are the only players that actually matter to them for purposes beyond number-pumping, despite any meek protests to the contrary.

Admittedly I never took the game too seriously and stopped playing after the Ayra banner, which -- to me -- was the first sign of trouble and only signaled that things would get worse from there. I have few regrets about doing so and frankly the months that have since elapsed have only strengthened my resolve, but I continue to pay a little attention to the game because I don't really have anything else going on tbh it's probably unfortunately going to define the series for some time and it does well to keep abreast of anything important going on with it.

Anyway that's a pretty long tangent and man I hate being the guy who either writes one-line posts or enormous essays, but to make a long story short, I've got zero faith in Tempest Trials Mini making a comeback. Those are too rewarding and too generous; and as far as I'm concerned, that means they're likely relics of a bygone era.

Most of the complaints I've seen about seasonal units always seemed to me like people assuming the absolute worst. Most of the seasonal ones people have complained about are armors. Armors are not rather sought after outside DC/armor march.Ā This and the Halloween banner honestly just seem like the devs throwing shit at a wall to make armors interesting outside that very specific niche. As for the general power creep, the early seasonal characters were rather boring outside a few and I don't get the impression people caredĀ outside of liking the characters.

I've mentioned the 4* stuff elsewhere, but short version is that it seems more like boxing themselves on rather than anything intentional. The refinery buffs are pretty easy to get and arguably help regular players more since they give everyone easierĀ access to slaying weapons and that's exactly something people have been wanting since the day they were introduced.

GHBsĀ are a lot of design with virtually no return, so while more would be nice, I get why they haven't done many. They're almost guaranteed to not make money unlessĀ they put a rare super popular character in the associated banner.

Between all that, the legendary banner, the sheer number of free orbs they throw at players, and how basically every complaint gets a response, and usually the one fans were asking for (forge killing weapons)Ā or very close (Ayra on the legendary banner and making the Rhajat situation very clear from the jump), it just seems like they've been very accommodating of both f2p and whales to me. Granted, not always the best, but at least they're trying, and most of the bungled seem more that than malicious. But yeah, we're rambling and off-topic. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

The 12 days of Christmas actually start on Christmas day and end on January 6th, the day that the three wise men met the baby Jesus and gave him his presents.Ā  Twelfth night or Three Kings day is a big deal where I live.Ā  I can see them doing a full TT easy.Ā Ā 

So I guess no TT tomorrow then, I figured that is when they were going to release it. But with no reveal today, I doubt they would just throw the TT out there with no hint. My guess is Monday at this point.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

So I guess no TT tomorrow then, I figured that is when they were going to release it. But with no reveal today, I doubt they would just throw the TT out there with no hint. My guess is Monday at this point.

I think it will be this weekend, Saturday would be my bet.Ā Ā 

16 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

There will be daily mapsĀ and Navarre this Saturday... I think TTĀ will come on Monday. ): I hope we can get an announcement tonightĀ at least.

20 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

That would be nice. As long as itā€™s not on Monday, so I can try and rush through it and get it done as fast as possible.

17 hours ago, Larverto said:

"Who could Ike's wife be?" 2: Electric Boogaloo now on DVD and blu-ray. Rated PG-13.

That thread was so fucking bad

Also, if the bonus units are the Christmas heroes, that will be a bit annoying, because I don't even want any of them, but as long as I have a 20% I'll just deal with it. I've had at least two other tempests with only a 20%. So, I guess Robin is being Validar today.

If our units start at the bottom like most other TT Boss maps (barring the Brave Ike TT map), I'd like to think that we are like the forces of Validar, and Robin will be the objective to assassinate. He probably deserves it, stole too many gifts or something.

3 hours ago, Prototype Angel said:

Soren ?

This.

Because of how Ch. 6 plays out in Awakening, I wonder if this could be the first TT where the final stage is a defense map. A false Santa has come to attack Ylisse! It would be a nice change of pace for the holiday season.

10 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

The 12 days of Christmas actually start on Christmas day and end on January 6th, the day that the three wise men met the baby Jesus and gave him his presents.Ā  Twelfth night or Three Kings day is a big deal where I live.Ā  I can see them doing a full TT easy.Ā Ā 

So what you're saying is that on January the 6th, IS will arrive and give us Myrrh, right? Right?

I don't know ifĀ this is true or not, but in Phoenixmaster1's video it was said that a new character was found in the datamine, but their dataĀ was unreadable.

Edited by silveraura25

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I don't know ifĀ this is true or not, but in Phoenixmaster1's video it was said that a new character was found in the datamine, but their dataĀ was unreadable.

I've kind of reserved myself to not expect a new hero, but if we do get one, will it be another Christmas unit to suit the banner, or will it be a regular Awakening hero? It'd be weird to get a seasonal unit in a TT, but I suppose it's also weird that we have a seasonal TT to begin with.Ā 

21 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

I've kind of reserved myself to not expect a new hero, but if we do get one, will it be another Christmas unit to suit the banner, or will it be a regular Awakening hero? It'd be weird to get a seasonal unit in a TT, but I suppose it's also weird that we have a seasonal TT to begin with.Ā 

Honestly, what I was thinking is that the TT unit is a Christmas unit of your choice. Though I think that could cause some outrage because people would have already spent their orbs trying to collect them all.

I'dĀ likeĀ that to be the case, if only so I could stop pulling Blue and justĀ getĀ a Santa Robin so I could useĀ my Orbs to try forĀ Lissa/Chrom exclusively, but I dunno if they'd go for that.

Also, how wouldĀ they handle giving away one of 4 units when you reach a certain amount of points, if they did just give away one Christmas unit free via Tempest Trial?

18 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, how wouldĀ they handle giving away one of 4 units when you reach a certain amount of points, if they did just give away one Christmas unit free via Tempest Trial?

IfĀ that does end up being the case, then the game will probably give you a prompt like ā€œchoose one of the following unitsā€ and once you make the choice the 5* variant will also be that same unit (since they always giveĀ 4* andĀ 5*)

Masked Marth as a rerun? Again? Without rerunning the other tempest reward units first?

FaceĀ palm.

Oh, a water blessing.

Edited by Sunwoo