Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

As do I! I just spent 20k on fulfilling my end of the bargain with Minerva: promoting Maria.

I have so many 4*s waiting to promote, not to mention once I get done with all the SI I want to do.  Feather merc is the way to go with VG, that way I just care about feathers and don't have nearly as much salt as I would have.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas Tharja is so much fun to use.  Reinhardt does single digit damage to her.  On max difficulty, she tanks final boss Robin's attacks and KOs him with Glacies.  With R Tome Valor 3, 2x SP event,  and TT x2 SP, she gets 24 SP each KO.  Mine's at around 7500 SP now, between doing the Tempest Trial and Arena.

SIGH.

That freaking box map.

I had Nowi, Ninian and Christmas Lissa but mistakengly brought Frederick instead of Sanaki so I had no ranged units..

And the box had Lilina, Sonya and Raven.... 

That was an embarrassing first map loss....

In my frustration I just went horse emblem and dancer for second team, even if they're max HM.

Edited by mcsilas

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

SIGH.

That freaking box map.

I had Nowi, Ninian and Christmas Lissa but mistakengly brought Frederick instead of Sanaki so I had no ranged units..

And the box had Lilina, Sonya and Raven.... 

That was an embarrassing first map loss....

In my frustration I just went horse emblem and dancer for second team, even if they're max HM.

Same happened to me just now (on the 3x multiplier of course). 

My Lissa, Arden, Fjorm and Lachesis against Reinhardt, Athena, Laslow and a healer. I had to leave Arden away with some distance because of Reinhardt. Fjorm was unable to one-round any of the opponents who got healed after every turn. Lissa was too slow to reach anyone and to evade Laslow. 

My first team maxed HM some days ago and it's less fun with melee armors but without Armor March on the team. 

Edited by mampfoid

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Same happened to me just now (on the 3x multiplier of course). 

My Lissa, Arden, Fjorm and Lachesis against Reinhardt, Athena, Laslow and a healer. I had to leave Arden away with some distance because of Reinhardt. Fjorm was unable to one-round any of the opponents who got healed after every turn. Lissa was too slow to reach anyone and to evade Laslow. 

My first team maxed HM some days ago and it's less fun with melee armors but without Armor March on the team. 

Yes mine was the first multiplier as well..

So that cav team I talked about as revenge? I didn't realise it but it was the final map already within minutes. Horse Emblem OP.

Also wow, Frederick is now max SP/HM- the second after Tharja. Even Reinhardt doesn't have max SP.

Edited by mcsilas

The game has been having serious connection problems for me all evening, and in the middle of a Tempest, I got disconnected. Rather than saving my place, when I finally got back in, it had dropped the bookmark data, so it counted as a total failure. Shame cuz it was one of my x3 bonus runs.

Reinhardt+Eirika+dancer (currently NY!Azura)+random unit who needs HM = A/B runs most of the time.

Even if the former two (and all my dancers minus NY!Azura) have max hero merit, this is the most efficient for me.

That moment when you put a random semi-vanilla Lachesis (only SI was rehabilitate) at the start of the TT and she max HM...xd

My team is Masked Marth 5*+1(healer, almost max HM), C!Robin 5* (same as MM), 4*+3 Beruka and a fourth unit close to the next 500HM step for quick feathers, currently Faye.

When MM and C!Robin reach max HM I've to think how to make the team work similarly. I'm considering to inherit BoL3 to Linde to fulfill MM's role and use C!Tharja as the red unit.

At around ~75K for the score. Charlotte finally capped her HM after she capped it prior to the previous cap. Nowi capped both her HM and SP. 

I think I'm gonna stick with Marth, Deirdre, Wrys and Fjorm for the remainder of this TT until Wrys reaches max HM. Had to do quite a few switches to maximize HM gain.

So, I somehow managed to get myself into spot where I only had Staff Elise and Masked Marth (medic set) by battle 3 (on Lunatic-7), which was a little awkward. But with the combined power of Gravity+, Recover+, RecAid, and Elise’s Miracle those two managed to beat the rest of the maps. Yeah, the Speed Score sucked (C), but it was kinda fun, in it’s own way.

Edited by LordFrigid

I didn't expect to have almost done 100K (97.8K) considering the stamina needed for VG stuff, but I think I'll get all the rewards today or tomorrow. Then I think I'll stop, I don't think I'll end in top 5-10K and neither want to play more time this TT

I've given up on Lunatic 7. It just annoys the crap out of me this go round because of that stupid box map.

I lost Reinhardt on the first map because of it. They were all ranged attackers, and they all kept refreshing each other instead of moving, and one of them was frickin' Rhajat, who I already despise. After that, I lasted a few more maps with Chrom, Xander and Inigo before dying. Then, on my second team, a frickin' Odin killed Hector in one frickin' attack (doubling) and I just gave up because frickin' screw that. The stats are over inflated and, without Reinhardt deleting everything, it becomes a very boring slog.

Sticking with Lunatic 5 from now on. I'm not wasting my bonus rounds any more with that stupid box stupid map.

(Yes, I'm still highly annoyed)

Edited by Cute Chao

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why enemy-phase units are superior to player-phase units in every way.

I usually like using enemy phase, but with the times in the TT and the variety of units you can face, I only find Reinhardt normally versatile enough v.v

To be fair, it's the only time I've actually died fully and just given up, but I've been hating on that box map the entire time.

My Lunatic 5 team is The Christmas Robin, Santa Chrom, Siegbert and Niles, who are so much more fun to play for me atm but can't make it through the stupid stats of Lunatic 7 -.-

Niles tends to own the box map, though, especially if they have a load of mages :)

The box map hasn't really given me much trouble as long as I take it slow. If I try to rush it I can run into issues with Ruby and red TA units nuking down my greens. That part that bugs me about it is that the southern allies are separated. I really dislike such map starts when running armors.

Edited by Usana

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Two more lunatic runs and then I'd have maxed out my score.

And I'm done. Yay.

Pretty much the same, tomorrow with the TT triple points boost I’ll be done. ?

I’m always excited for a new TT because of the awesome rewards it usually offers, but it sure turns into a grind fest after a while, I feel like I’ve got TT lag.

At ~83K for the score. Should be able to get all of the rewards if I do 8 rounds/day of Lunatic 7 for the rest of this TT. 

After Hone Speed and Attack buffs, Fjorm with her base kit handles Robin and the cavalry unit decently well on the last map if said horse unit isn't green or Oscar.  

Edited by tobuShogi