LukerGamerz

Project FE X SSB (Currently planned to be named Fire Emblem: The Subspace Emissary) is a crossover game between the gameplay of Fire Emblem and the characters of the Super Smash Bros. series. It is planned to be a little over 30 chapters long, with the possibility of ten additional postgame maps. Every character in the series is intended to be a playable character, except for Dr. Mario, Young Link (due to redundancy), Solid Snake, Pac-Man, Cloud, and Bayonetta (due to those companies' strict policies on fanmade content. I don't want to anger the entire industry).

The story has a similar setting, premise, and plotline to The Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, the plot has been heavily tuned up to provide a more engaging and effective story. The game follows two groups on their quest to fight back against an army comprised of fake copies of people, who later join together for the ultimate showdown against the one behind it all.

The game's soundtrack will comprise of GBA rearrangements of tracks ranging from Smash Bros. originals or songs from the OSTs of one of the many series it hosts.

Right now, though, the development of this fangame is at a bit of a standstill. Currently, the game is planned to be developed in FEXNA - not because it's a 'make game' button or anything, but because it uses a language similar to RPG Maker, something I'm very familiar with, speeding up the process somewhat. As of now, FEXNA is not going to be released anytime soon. That leaves only the things not needing FEXNA - sprite art, music, and possibly map design. I don't exactly have much experience with graphic design - this is probably the best I can do, and that was just a reskin. And while I can judge music pretty well, I know next to nothing about actually creating it. I'm probably going to have to wait a bit longer before actually beginning any kind of development, but I still wanted to share what I had in mind.

Edited by LukerGamerz

I recently attempted to create a map possibly to use in the game. This area is called Lake Fadinore, a lake conveniently shaped like a Triforce. The player can take one of two paths from the left side to the right; a longer but easier one, and a shorter but harder one. This is one of the earlier chapters, meaning you still don't have very many units at your disposal, so the shorter path is a bit of the risk. The player is bombarded by fliers and archers (who function more like the archers in Shadows of Valentia), on top of the soldiers already lining the path. While the upper path isn't as efficient, fewer ground enemies will be on the path and it will be easier to avoid the archers, leaving the Pegasus Knights as your main concern.

2017-12-20.png.8b19585d090f4a8968ff16b3d74c24f5.png