Which game's soundtrack do you like more?

CatManThree

Which game's soundtrack do you like the most?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which game's soundtrack do you like the most?

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Blade
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • Fates (Birthright)
    • Fates (Conquest)
    • Fates (Revelation)
    • Shadows of Valentia

I don't know about you, but in my opinion by far one of the best things about a Fire Emblem game is its soundtrack. But which game has the best one?

That's the question will be answered with this thread!

Personally, its incredibly hard for me to choose as I love just about all of them. If I had to choose one however, I would have to go with New Mystery. Honestly I am not entirely sure why I love this game's soundtrack as much as I do. There's just something about it that is just exhilarating to listen to. My favorite track from the game itself has to be either "Friend" or "Tearing Shadows".

Edited by CatManThree

They all have their ups and downs, but when I first played Awakening, I adored its soundtrack and thought it was one of the best I had heard in a video game.

Then I played Fates, and questioned why I had liked Awakenings so much, as Fates was far superior.

... Then I played Echoes. Needless to say, it has blown everything else out of the water.

12 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I picked Fates BR as well, but honestly, Fates shouldn't be put into different options for music, since a lot of the music is shared.

Each of the three games has its one style of music. That is why they are separated.

I do really think that most - if not all - of the games have some great tracks.

But the only one that has tracks that I think are consistently good is Echoes/Gaiden.  It's hard to find a map theme I didn't like in that game.  From the beginning maps' songs all the way to the final battle, it's all just so great to listen to.  The music and my fondness for the Whitewings may just be what brings me back to the game some day...

9 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I do really think that most - if not all - of the games have some great tracks.

But the only one that has tracks that I think are consistently good is Echoes/Gaiden.  It's hard to find a map theme I didn't like in that game.  From the beginning maps' songs all the way to the final battle, it's all just so great to listen to.  The music and my fondness for the Whitewings may just be what brings me back to the game some day...

Honestly even now its still hard to believe that endgame theme used to be a generic "trouble" theme...

Shadows of Valentia is literally music to my ears. I'm a sucker for orchestrated soundtracks, so Echoes wins. Plus...Heritors of Arcadia is like, the best vocal song in the series.

7 hours ago, CatManThree said:

You havent heard Life Returns yet have you?

https://youtu.be/4g3qY0GpJB0

Ooh it really grinds my gears when people assume I haven't heard or played something just because I prefer something over it,

As a matter of fact, I have heard Life Returns, as I've mentioned in previous threads, and it's my second favourite vocal song.

Yeesh.

8 hours ago, Lau said:

As a matter of fact, I have heard Life Returns, as I've mentioned in previous threads, and it's my second favourite vocal song.

Yeesh.

Sorry man. Didn't mean any offense or anything. I shouldn't have just assumed based on your wording. I was feeling a bit off the other day anyway. 

Edited by CatManThree

I have to go with Shadows of Valentia. I absolutely love Twilight of the Gods, Lord of a Dead Empire, and the various themes of Berkut. Then there's A Song for Bygone Days, The Sacrifice and the Saint, with the classic With Mila's Divine Protection... There's so many good pieces in SoV!

However, all the Fire Emblem games have amazing pieces of their own. If I started listing all the ones I liked, I'll be here a while!

Edited by Sire