Cannon Fire Emblem Timeline

Namelessking

I've been studying Fire Emblem a lot in my free time and my favorite time spender is "where does this game take place in?"

Notes:
 I'll start by saying that I haven't actually played any of the dlc in awaking or fates other than the one that conects the both of them but I read their scripts so if some of my facts aren't completely correct sorry, also keep in mind schrodinger's cat (which means there's a possibility where one thing could have or not have happened) Example: who died,  Deen or Sophia in Fire Emblem SoV or who did Marth recruit in that city the Hero or Paladin in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, but it would not change the outcomes of the timeline (i.e Fire Emblem Awaking 3 timelines split). I'm also counting the remakes of previous games as the canon version (i.e the DS remakes and SoV) Lastly since Chrom did call Hoshido and Nohr as the MYTICAL kingdoms, I'm counting them as the same universe as awakening, sorta like how pokemon has legendary and mytical pokemon, mytical pokemon can only be captured at certain events while legendarys can be captured again and again every time you reset the game

I will list different Timelines corresponding to each game's universe

Timeline 1 
 Jugdral saga (FE4, FE5) 1000 Years Later > Archanea/Valentia saga (FE11, FE12, FE15) 2000 Years Later > Robin joins Grima willingly and the events of Lucinda's timeline happens, and the Inigo, Owain, and Severa of that timeline are brought  to Nohr then the events Conquest, Birthright, or Revelations happens 

Timeline 2
 Jugdral saga (FE4, FE5) 1000 Years Later > Archanea/Valentia saga (FE11, FE12, FE15) 2000 Years Later > Awakening's timeline happens, and the future Inigo, Owain, and Severa of that timeline are brought  to Nohr then the events Conquest, Birthright, or Revelations happens 

Timeline 3 
 Jugdral saga (FE4, FE5) 1000 Years Later > Archanea/Valentia saga (FE11, FE12, FE15) 2000 Years Later > The DLC Future Past timeline happens, and the Inigo, Owain, and Severa of that timeline are brought  to Nohr then the events Conquest, Birthright, or Revelations happens 

Timeline 4 
FE7 20 Years Later > FE6

Timeline 5
FE8 

Timeline 6
FE9 2 Years Later > FE10

Nothing in the Fates DLC really connects to anything, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

Also, I'm not sure if you could say FE6/7, FE8, FE9/10 and Fates are "different timelines" so much as they are "different dimensions"/"different universes".

Edited by Slumber

On 12/19/2017 at 8:27 PM, Slumber said:

Nothing in the Fates DLC really connects to anything, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

Also, I'm not sure if you could say FE6/7, FE8, FE9/10 and Fates are "different timelines" so much as they are "different dimensions"/"different universes".

Each timeline is to it's own universe is what I meant to that I should've said that

• 4 weeks later...

If I'm correct, I don't think the Fates timeline is canon, at least to the Shadow Dragon-Awakening series. One of the first Fates DLC with Chrom, Lissa and Fredrick, says something how Nohr and Hoshido are just stories and myths. (Or it was reverse I don't know.) However, this makes this confusing, because Anankos now can jump time and space (bring Owain, Severa and Inigo.).  Now that we have the possibility, you really wonder what the heck is going on.

Either way, we are starting to form a complicated multi-timeline... I don't think thats a good thing.

On December 19, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Namelessking said:

I've been studying Fire Emblem a lot in my free time and my favorite time spender is "where does this game take place in?"

Notes:
 I'll start by saying that I haven't actually played any of the dlc in awaking or fates other than the one that conects the both of them but I read their scripts so if some of my facts aren't completely correct sorry, also keep in mind schrodinger's cat (which means there's a possibility where one thing could have or not have happened) Example: who died,  Deen or Sophia in Fire Emblem SoV or who did Marth recruit in that city the Hero or Paladin in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, but it would not change the outcomes of the timeline (i.e Fire Emblem Awaking 3 timelines split). I'm also counting the remakes of previous games as the canon version (i.e the DS remakes and SoV) Lastly since Chrom did call Hoshido and Nohr as the MYTICAL kingdoms, I'm counting them as the same universe as awakening, sorta like how pokemon has legendary and mytical pokemon, mytical pokemon can only be captured at certain events while legendarys can be captured again and again every time you reset the game

I will list different Timelines corresponding to each game's universe

Timeline 1 
 Jugdral saga (FE4, FE5) 1000 Years Later > Archanea/Valentia saga (FE11, FE12, FE15) 2000 Years Later > Robin joins Grima willingly and the events of Lucinda's timeline happens, and the Inigo, Owain, and Severa of that timeline are brought  to Nohr then the events Conquest, Birthright, or Revelations happens 

Timeline 2
 Jugdral saga (FE4, FE5) 1000 Years Later > Archanea/Valentia saga (FE11, FE12, FE15) 2000 Years Later > Awakening's timeline happens, and the future Inigo, Owain, and Severa of that timeline are brought  to Nohr then the events Conquest, Birthright, or Revelations happens 

Timeline 3 
 Jugdral saga (FE4, FE5) 1000 Years Later > Archanea/Valentia saga (FE11, FE12, FE15) 2000 Years Later > The DLC Future Past timeline happens, and the Inigo, Owain, and Severa of that timeline are brought  to Nohr then the events Conquest, Birthright, or Revelations happens 

Timeline 4 
FE7 20 Years Later > FE6

Timeline 5
FE8 

Timeline 6
FE9 2 Years Later > FE10

I'm a touch confused about what it is you're trying to do with this thread. Are you trying to establish a canon timeline, ask us to let you know if you've got pre-established timelines figured out right, or something else entirely?

45 minutes ago, Zepler said:

Either way, we are starting to form a complicated multi-timeline... I don't think thats a good thing.

Oh, it could be much worse, they could be trying to mash them all into one timeline like I did in my sig.

1 hour ago, Zepler said:

If I'm correct, I don't think the Fates timeline is canon, at least to the Shadow Dragon-Awakening series. One of the first Fates DLC with Chrom, Lissa and Fredrick, says something how Nohr and Hoshido are just stories and myths. (Or it was reverse I don't know.) However, this makes this confusing, because Anankos now can jump time and space (bring Owain, Severa and Inigo.).  Now that we have the possibility, you really wonder what the heck is going on.

With all the spacey-wacey stuff Awakening and Fates introduced it's possible that the events happened in a different world with records of the events reaching Archanea/Ylisse through Outrealms. Or, who knows, the world of Fates could've been a story written by someone of Archanea/Ylisse that magically became a world of its own!

Yes I know what you're talking about and in the xenologe DLC it calls Hoshido and Nohr the MYTICAL kingdoms, I say they take place in the same universe but only hided. If you noticed the legendary weapons in Awaking are not legends like the 12 weapons of Jugdral or Roy's blade, they're all refered as fabled/timeless/heroic weapon. The DLC in Awaking that has you playing other legendary characters, clearly use the word LEGENDARY. It is complicated but it works