what u DONT want to see in FE Switch

i looked all the pages and while there are many threads of what u want to see there's none of what u dont want to see... (if there is delete this thread and i am sorry)

I dont want to see older characters coming back as they did in Fates... i am all down with characters like the pegasus sisters coming back and expanding their stories as the SAME characters. BUT i hated what they did to Fates with characters like cordelia, severa etc Alternate dimension  copy paste characters for me is cheap, stupid, lazy and kinda ruined the originals.... i havnet touch any of them despite my many play through's

I dont want kids back ! It was fun in awakening but reductive in Fates! If they want kids they should make one game now and the next one a sequel with the kids of the pairing u did in the first! that would be cool...

what about u guys?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

I dont want to see older characters coming back as they did in Fates... i am all down with characters like the pegasus sisters coming back and expanding their stories as the SAME characters. BUT i hated what they did to Fates with characters like cordelia, severa etc Alternate dimension  copy paste characters for me is cheap, stupid, lazy and kinda ruined the originals.... i havnet touch any of them despite my many play through's

Eh, they did explain the Awakening trio's existence, so I wasn't upset by that. And they are still themselves, just calling themselves different names, so we still get the same characters and expanded in new ways where they deal with their new identities, and interaction with others as well. Now the 2nd Gen copies, that I will agree should not have happened. 

And totally agree on the no 2nd Gen. No one wants them back. It worked in Awakening and Genealogy, but failed at Fates. What you described though is more or less Blazing Sword and Binding Blade more or less.

There are so many things I don't want to see but I'll keep it short and only list the top 3 I'd hate to see the most:

• No 2nd Gen. I don't mind kids per se but it still needs more of a break before they bring them back. 
  • No skinship/blowing/hotsprings/all that stuff that Fates introduced. You know something's wrong when you see features that belong on a Senran Kagura game in Fire Emblem.
  • No more Fates weapon system. While I like things like knifes coming back and the 1-2 range nerf I hate the way Fates nerfed Silver weapons and Legendary weapons. Also the way debuffs work makes it that you have to stall for a lot of turns just to get your stats back to normal.

-The magic triangle. Frankly, IS hasn't done a good job with it at all, and I think there's no improving on it.

-Children. I think two games in a row with them is a bit much, and they should give it a rest.

41 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Omegaxis said it earlier, but the Awakening trio are the same characters under different names. They largely act the same, too.

41 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

I dont want kids back ! It was fun in awakening but reductive in Fates! If they want kids they should make one game now and the next one a sequel with the kids of the pairing u did in the first! that would be cool...

I'm gonna shoot this down with an RPG, because I think it's just that damn bad an idea. No, I don't want a game that's pairing dependent.

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

And totally agree on the no 2nd Gen. No one wants them back. It worked in Awakening and Genealogy, but failed at Fates. What you described though is more or less Blazing Sword and Binding Blade more or less.

Honestly, I dare say that Genealogy's implementation was no better than that of Fates - sure they're story relevant, but switching to the kids for the second half of the game kills the tempo, and it doesn't help Genealogy's gameplay, which is already a snoozefest.

I'd just like them to focus on the actual game and story. One thing that pissed me off about Fates was all the extraneous stuff like hot tubs and accessories, while the main game is underwritten nonsense at times. At times it felt like the story was a sideshow for all of the other stuff they shoved in and that should never be the case for a FE game

Second gen shoe horned in the game is a big no no for me, if they have to have kids please IS do it like FE4 otherwise leave it out of the game.  I also don't want thieves only regulated to opening chests and doors I hated how I could not use my thieves to steal in the 3DS games, in the GBA games you could at least steal lockpicks and potions and in PoR and RD you could steal items as well.  

-No kids, I liked them as a unique thing in FE4, I liked them in FE13, but disliked them in FE14. Like others have said, either take a break with them or don't have them return.

-No My Castle type stuff, no DLC, no other crap.

-No world map. I might be in a minority here, but I prefer a linear sequence of chapters. I really dislike grinding, and world maps open up possibilities of battles blocking paths/shops. Sure, they might add fleeing, but it just complicates drafting and adds more tedium for very little reward. World maps can be shown in cutscenes, I don't need to walk around on it to have that immersion.

-No fanservicy stuff, we have heroes for that now. Leave it out of the main series.

28 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Honestly, I dare say that Genealogy's implementation was no better than that of Fates - sure they're story relevant, but switching to the kids for the second half of the game kills the tempo, and it doesn't help Genealogy's gameplay, which is already a snoozefest.

Wait wait wait. Are you actually criticizing the 2nd Gen of Genealogy? 

... Wow, that's a new one. Like, I would expect everyone to say that Genealogy handled it the best, but wow. For someone to say that they handled it as poorly as Fates is something that I am shocked about...

I'd be a lot happier if the pandering junk from Fates was gone. I didn't mind a lot of My Castle, but remove the Lilith Feeder, Hot Springs, and face stuff in the My Room. I don't want the amiibo implementation from Echoes to return, that was much fun and it felt cheap. I doubt it will ever return, but I don't want split games again. Can't think of anything else right now.

Oh boy this topic is gonna be a big trainwreck I can already see it......well maybe not since the board is not very active anyway and by then when stuff is confirmed it'll negate the point of it when info finally happens.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Just now, athena_57 said:

-No My Castle type stuff, no DLC, no other crap.

Yeah, you are never gonna get that wish. The DLC one I mean. That's a major selling point that they won't give up.

1 minute ago, athena_57 said:

-No fanservicy stuff, we have heroes for that now. Leave it out of the main series.

Also never going to happen. I would recommend no excessive fanservice like Fates, but they can keep some fanservice if its good. Like Echoes.

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

NO skinship! It was a mistake to begin with, didn't belong in anything Fire emblem stands for and the controversy surrounding it probably damaged Fates in some way.

The funny thing is that this is probably the one thing censorship did RIGHT with. XD

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, you are never gonna get that wish. The DLC one I mean. That's a major selling point that they won't give up.

As for this, you're probably correct. A man can dream though (:

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Also never going to happen. I would recommend no excessive fanservice like Fates, but they can keep some fanservice if its good. Like Echoes.

I don't know what you mean by fanservice in echoes, but whatever was there I'm cool with since I didn't notice it/ wasn't bothered by it.

Edited by athena_57
Fixed sloppy quoting

9 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

if they have to have kids please IS do it like FE4

In other words. you want it done like a game that SOMEHOW managed to drop the ball even harder than Fates did in that aspect. No thank you.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Just now, athena_57 said:

As for the first one, you're probably correct. A man can dream though (:

As for the second point, I don't know what you mean by fanservice in echoes, but whatever was there I'm cool with since I didn't notice it/ wasn't bothered by it.

I don't mind DLC really. Sure they cost more, but I love the DLC that tells a story that involves the main, but isn't actually normally playable in the main storyline. Like how the Awakening trio got into Fates. Or some of the past maps that the Echoes game did.

And for the fanservice for Echoes, I refer mostly to Mathilda and Sonya. They are fanservice done right. The latter does look sexy, but she doesn't show so much like Camilla or Charlotte. If anything, it looks like it can be made for fighting, or for mages at the very least. It's not forced and suits her personality.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I don't mind DLC really. Sure they cost more, but I love the DLC that tells a story that involves the main, but isn't actually normally playable in the main storyline. Like how the Awakening trio got into Fates. Or some of the past maps that the Echoes game did.

I should've been more specific. I'm fine with postgame content as DLC for a harder challenge. I think expanding on background would be better as side chapter than as DLC, though I see your point.

And for the fanservice for Echoes, I refer mostly to Mathilda and Sonya. They are fanservice done right. The latter does look sexy, but she doesn't show so much like Camilla or Charlotte. If anything, it looks like it can be made for fighting, or for mages at the very least. It's not forced and suits her personality.

Ah, of course. Nah, that's cool, I don't mind sexy/revealing clothes, as long as like you said it's encorporated well in the personality, not over the top, etc.

Edited by athena_57

Nuibaba's breasts were a mess tho... but yeah aside of it Echoes was good on the fan service department...

46 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  • No more Fates weapon system. While I like things like knifes coming back and the 1-2 range nerf I hate the way Fates nerfed Silver weapons and Legendary weapons. Also the way debuffs work makes it that you have to stall for a lot of turns just to get your stats back to normal.

I am perfectly on board for this. I REALLY hated the Fates weapon systems. Like, I liked the infinite durability, but come on, when the freaking Iron weapons are more preferred because they are more easily forged, have no drawbacks, etc. 

1 minute ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Nuibaba's breasts were a mess tho... but yeah aside of it Echoes was good on the fan service department...

Not really. Like, it fits with her personality. Evil witch, wants to be eternally youthful and alive forever, everything about her screams that she wants to be seen as beautiful and sexy by others. Similar to Aversa. 

Only issue is that I had no idea that Nuibaba was a girl the first time in Gaiden, cause Nuibaba looked like, as Ghast stated, the Hobgoblin. 

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I am perfectly on board for this. I REALLY hated the Fates weapon systems. Like, I liked the infinite durability, but come on, when the freaking Iron weapons are more preferred because they are more easily forged, have no drawbacks, etc.

Speaking of, another thing I don't want to see back is Fates's forge system. It was gimmicky, tedious as hell, and flat out unusable.

25 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

In other words. you want it done like a game that SOMEHOW managed to drop the ball even harder than Fates did in that aspect. No thank you.

What I meant by that was that FE 4 has a time skip, if there has to be gen two the only way I want it is with a time skip.

I don't want to see the skinship and blowing thing from Fates, that made me consider Fates should of been rated M, but they removed the skinship in the overseas version.

I don't want to see A+ ranks that was from Fates, it was a terrible idea.

I don't want to see the weapon triangle, the weapon triangle ruins the fun for hardcore games like me, it may of been the staple of the series. 

I don't want to see Mila's turnwheel or a version of it. I consider turning back time in a game cheating.

I don't want to see the magic triangle, yeah it may of been in Heroes only if I recall correctly. It is for the same reason of the weapon triangle, it ruins the fun for hardcore gamers.

14 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

What I meant by that was that FE 4 has a time skip, if there has to be gen two the only way I want it is with a time skip.

And yet the timeskip didn't really help Genealogy's implementation of kids...