what u DONT want to see in FE Switch

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And yet the timeskip didn't really help Genealogy's implementation of kids...

Kids have never worked quite right in FE, but I feel that a timeskip would be the simplest and best way to do a second gen if they have to be in the game.  I really don't want a second gen in FE Switch, and I really hope there is not one but I fear there will be one I just don't want babyrealms again.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Kids have never worked quite right in FE, but I feel that a timeskip would be the simplest and best way to do a second gen if they have to be in the game.  I really don't want a second gen in FE Switch, and I really hope there is not one but I fear there will be one I just don't want babyrealms again.

Not really. I found Awakening to have handled them extremely well actually. I can even understand most of their eccentric personalities.

55 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

I don't want to see the skinship and blowing thing from Fates, that made me consider Fates should of been rated M, but they removed the skinship in the overseas version.

I don't want to see A+ ranks that was from Fates, it was a terrible idea.

I don't want to see the weapon triangle, the weapon triangle ruins the fun for hardcore games like me, it may of been the staple of the series. 

I don't want to see Mila's turnwheel or a version of it. I consider turning back time in a game cheating.

I don't want to see the magic triangle, yeah it may of been in Heroes only if I recall correctly. It is for the same reason of the weapon triangle, it ruins the fun for hardcore gamers.

i like Mila's turn wheel... and its optional.. just dont use it :wacko:

9 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

i like Mila's turn wheel... and its optional.. just dont use it :wacko:

Yeah, same here. I actually like the Mila's Turnwheel feature. And to be honest, it's actually very preferred over the soft resets. Like some Let's plays have the character dies, but the level was just so tedious that the player chose to let the character stay dead. Had they had Mila's Turnwheel, they would be able to rewind the mistakes. I do feel that they could nerf the effects just a smidge though, as the max number of times makes the difficulty far less challenging. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, same here. I actually like the Mila's Turnwheel feature. And to be honest, it's actually very preferred over the soft resets. Like some Let's plays have the character dies, but the level was just so tedious that the player chose to let the character stay dead. Had they had Mila's Turnwheel, they would be able to rewind the mistakes. I do feel that they could nerf the effects just a smidge though, as the max number of times makes the difficulty far less challenging. 

yeah lets be honest, no one leaves units dying they just soft reset... of course turn wheel is way more easy than soft resetting but sometimes i hate doing the same chapter because the enemy got a lucky crit!!

All I want is to be able to play the game and not feel like I have to hide if from my family. So when I say no Camilla, I mean the parts that separate her from other sexservice characters to make her more creepy. I'd honestly be all right with a second Tharja, as long as they go back to her design from Awakening.

As for kids, I'd rather they removed the concept from that of marriage. I want to marry Sakura and Hana, the fact they can't produce biological children limits their ability to provide that. (And, considering Rhajat, I think they might've forgotten how to write female relationships like Lyn/Florina.)*
As for avatars, I want them to go all in on pandering if they're going to do it. Giving me a powerful sword and a dragonstone only if I remain in my normal class is not what I want- I want to be a pegasus knight. Don't make that suboptimal, because you're leaving people out of the power fantasy you're trying to make.

*It occurs to me after the fact that I'm the All-Girls runner, and needing men to produce female child units goes against the spirit of an All-Girls run. This isn't even what I was thinking of, but in hindsight, yes, this is a reason I don't want S Supports to be locked to male/female pairings.

10 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

All I want is to be able to play the game and not feel like I have to hide if from my family. So when I say no Camilla, I mean the parts that separate her from other sexservice characters to make her more creepy. I'd honestly be all right with a second Tharja, as long as they go back to her design from Awakening.

As for kids, I'd rather they removed the concept from that of marriage. I want to marry Sakura and Hana, the fact they can't produce biological children limits their ability to provide that. (And, considering Rhajat, I think they might've forgotten how to write female relationships like Lyn/Florina.)*
As for avatars, I want them to go all in on pandering if they're going to do it. Giving me a powerful sword and a dragonstone only if I remain in my normal class is not what I want- I want to be a pegasus knight. Don't make that suboptimal, because you're leaving people out of the power fantasy you're trying to make.

*It occurs to me after the fact that I'm the All-Girls runner, and needing men to produce female child units goes against the spirit of an All-Girls run. This isn't even what I was thinking of, but in hindsight, yes, this is a reason I don't want S Supports to be locked to male/female pairings.

Then don't use Camilla, she is optional.

1 hour ago, John Denver Fan said:

I don't want to see the weapon triangle, the weapon triangle ruins the fun for hardcore games like me, it may of been the staple of the series. 

Frederick called, and he demands you explain.

I don't want to see the magic triangle, yeah it may of been in Heroes only if I recall correctly. It is for the same reason of the weapon triangle, it ruins the fun for hardcore gamers.

See above. Though I can think of a better reason for the magic triangle to not exist...

I don't want to see Mila's turnwheel or a version of it. I consider turning back time in a game cheating.

I haven't played SoV, but I can nonetheless see why they added it in. 

10 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Bold: Uhhhhh... you're about the only one I've seen say that.

I want a break from kids, I know FE4 Echoes may be coming soon, so I would like a break from them this game because they'll be back sooner than we think. SoV didn't have them, but I think a Switch title where I don't have to worry about pairing people up can be nice.

No thongs for cavaliers. Seriously, I shouldn't even being saying this, but cavaliers (and the like), wyvern knights, and any class that dons a lot of armor shouldn't be exposing their asses (literally). The only class that you can get away with revealing clothes is the dancer/refresher, because it's better for mobility/flexibility. 

3 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

camilla isnt optional with her big boobs cut scene all over your face   :lol: not to mention she is the best unit in the game and an important-ish character to the narrative.. it snot the same as mila's turnwheel

and camilla isnt the only one.. charlotte is also a big offender

Edited by Pegasus Knight

2 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

camilla isnt optional with her big boobs cut scene all over your face   :lol: not to mention she is the best unit in the game and an important-ish character to the narrative.. it snot the same as mila's turnwheel

You can choose not to use her, that is what I mean by optional.

Edited by John Denver Fan

8 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I want a break from kids, I know FE4 Echoes may be coming soon, so I would like a break from them this game because they'll be back sooner than we think. SoV didn't have them, but I think a Switch title where I don't have to worry about pairing people up can be nice.

Are you sure that FE4 is going to get remade? Because I think it's a risky proposition...

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Are you sure that FE4 is going to get remade? Because I think it's a risky proposition...

IIRC, the Echoes staff said more remakes may be made depending on the success of SoV. Since they considered SoV a success, then an FE4 echoes isn't out of the question. If not FE4, then FE6, which I wouldn't mind either. FE4 also sold well in Japan, and was well liked after Mystery. It isn't out of the question.

But again, this is just an assumption. I still don't want kids implemented in yet, but if FE4 Echoes is on the table, then they should definitely wait, IMO.

1 minute ago, ElectiveToast said:

I don’t want to see a meh plot with meh characters with meh backstories. 

i dont want to be that guy especially since i have only played 3 FE games so i judge only by these BUT FE characters are more or less tropes so they are either of your tastes or not.... they hardly have any meat ....

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

IIRC, the Echoes staff said more remakes may be made depending on the success of SoV. Since they considered SoV a success, then an FE4 echoes isn't out of the question. If not FE4, then FE6, which I wouldn't mind either. FE4 also sold well in Japan, and was well liked after Mystery. It isn't out of the question.

But again, this is just an assumption. I still don't want kids implemented in yet, but if FE4 Echoes is on the table, then they should definitely wait, IMO.

i need them to remake all the past awakening games!!!! i need to play them! come on IS pull a  gamefreak for me here!

Edited by Pegasus Knight

18 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

That's not what I'm concerned about here... What I AM concerned about is that FE4 is a special snowflake... and not in all the right ways. I've seen it brought up in other threads - there are those who would want nothing to do with an FE4 remake if it didn't change enough (this camp happens to include yours truly), and at the same time, there are those who wouldn't be pleased if they changed too much. To be blunt, a FE4 remake is where IS is in a lose-lose situation.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

-No Weapon Durability

Outside RD from those i played it didn't matter anyway, and was just annoyance. Durability should stay in the past and never come back. Just continue balancing the Fates system (remove forging, for example, so Iron weapons +X aren't stronger then silver weapons mt wise.)

-No Dragon (or dragon possesed) final boss

enough is enough

-No rout maps with reinforcements

those should disappear, forever. Just remove rout maps from the series tbh.

-No same turn reinforcements ala FE6/FE12

This shit is cheap and should disappear in the pits of history, even in remakes.

Edited by Shrimperor

25 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

I don't have to use her to have her breasts shoved in my face.

26 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Bold: Uhhhhh... you're about the only one I've seen say that.

I've been told Tharja was done about as well as a proto-Faye in Awakening, and later games ramped up the Camilla-esque fanservice.

8 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's not what I'm concerned about here... What I AM concerned about is that FE4 is a special snowflake... and not in all the right ways. I've seen it brought up in other threads - there are those who would want nothing to do with an FE4 remake if it didn't change enough, and at the same time, there are those who wouldn't be pleased if they changed too much. To be blunt, a FE4 remake is where IS is in a lose-lose situation.

reminds me of this Thread on reddit

like Half wants everything to stay the same, and the other half (including me) want anything gameplay related to change so we can actually enjoy it as a game

In general what I don't want to see:

• Cryptic requirements to unlock content, the 3ds games improved on this issue mostly.
  • Massive maps, similar to Radiant dawn where the enemy phase can last for several minutes.
  • Certain characters are unusable without heavy investment.
  •  Unsympathetic characters redeeming themselves in the end.
  • A string of mediocre maps in a row. This will kill my enjoyment of the game greatly.
  • Official pairings.

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In general what I don't want to see:

• Cryptic requirements to unlock content, the 3ds games improved on this issue mostly.
  • Massive maps, similar to Radiant dawn where the enemy phase can last for several minutes.
  • Certain characters are unusable without heavy investment.
  •  Unsympathetic characters redeeming themselves in the end.
  • A string of mediocre maps in a row. This will kill my enjoyment of the game greatly.
  • Official pairings.

hmm at least with the 3DS class system many units had found classes where they can shine while they wouldnt if they stayed in their official classes...

Yup knew this was going to be bad-eh why this is "hot" is lol people must be dry of Heroes and a bit of Warriors stuff for some reason. If I was a worker at IS and see all this "not" and know this is obviously in the game I'd be laughing on my chair right now.

I just wanna say waifus sell copies(then again the concept has been around before the resurgence of FE) and its clearly obvious its a big appeal to the majority if the minority here don't like it the series is not for you anymore otherwise let the many that like it enjoy it.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

36 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's not what I'm concerned about here... What I AM concerned about is that FE4 is a special snowflake... and not in all the right ways. I've seen it brought up in other threads - there are those who would want nothing to do with an FE4 remake if it didn't change enough (this camp happens to include yours truly), and at the same time, there are those who wouldn't be pleased if they changed too much. To be blunt, a FE4 remake is where IS is in a lose-lose situation.

That's true. Personally, I wouldn't mind either way if it was a complete overhaul or stuck to its roots A complete overhaul would give us a little over 40 chapters though, if they don't rush Gen 2. The director's dream is to do FE6, which isn't out of the realm of possibility because Roy was voted #2 in the male list. Elibe may come before Jugdral, which wouldn't surprise me. Neither of those continents have a ton of reps in Heroes either, which tells me that they may be saving people to re-introduce if another Echoes installment happens.

Personally, if they want to get money hungry, they could divide Genealogy into 2 games (both following the "normal" format of FE games) where you can use crossover data from the first Gen game into the Gen 2 game. But that would also get a lot of outrage. Elibe's easier, but they may want to follow chronological order of releases.