what u DONT want to see in FE Switch

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

That's surprising depth for a game play mechanic. Now if only a much more plot relevant magic (the blood pact) had the same level of lore behind it. 

It might also explain what all those character writings on the tome are. Maybe they are ancient chants that allow the energy to be stored in it. That or it contains the information and knowledge about how to gather the magic and how to use it. Magic spells might work in a manner similar to alchemy in Full Metal Alchemist, where you must possess a high level of knowledge to be able to perform alchemy. It would also explain why most magic users are generally above average in terms of intelligence. 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I get ostracized if I say I kind of want a fully functional skinship in the next FE game? I think it'd be funny since I never got to goof off with it in Fates. Granted it wouldn't happen considering there's no touchscreen on the Switch. I'll just imagine it lol. (Just on the side, but, why did everyone think it was super weird? Like, I'm not saying it's completely normal but I feel like people overreacted to it. If anything it's nothing more than funny.)

Okay but seriously I want the magic triangle back for sure. I hope they don't do the weapon triangle like in Fates - I thought it was weird to include the ranged weapons in the way they did. I would prefer for their to be no children, not for the next game. I really need a break from them and I felt like they were done poorly and just for fanservice in Fates. Besides, I actually want development for 1st gen characters. I want to keep in supports, though I'm impartial on the marriage system. I'm also impartial on having an Avatar. If they're done well, then sure as I do like creating characters and it adds replay-ability, but if not, then no. As for the pair-up system, I think that worked well in Fates and was good. I wouldn't mind seeing it come back but I wouldn't be too upset if they scrapped it.

I will say though, if they do end up adding an Avatar, then I want OPTIONS. Also I'd hope I can make a more adult-looking character like Build #3 in Awakening, except with decent hairstyles. Oh and maybe you could change skin tone. That'd be cool too.

EDIT: Just realized this was specifically what you don't want to see. Meh. Too late now lol don't wanna edit this mess.

Edited by SuperIb

Ah, it's time for this again, isn't it?

• Fanservice/the-fates-crap. Just no. I don't think I need to explain that.
  • Clones. No need to explain that one either i believe.
  • 2nd gen. Unless they are completely necessary for the story, no.
  • Juggling multiple unnecessary arcs. Looking at you, Awakening. The Valm campaign was pretty much pointless. They could've connected Plegia arc and Grima arc altogether.

And I just hope they have an actually good story and learn from how Fates went down.

Just now, Christactics said:
  • Juggling multiple unnecessary arcs. Looking at you, Awakening. The Valm campaign was pretty much pointless. They could've connected Plegia arc and Grima arc altogether.

Eh, if you ask me, they could have actually made it work if they put their effort into it. But Valm was more for reference to Gaiden. 

2 hours ago, Christactics said:

Clones

I think they were no real clones, some people call them clones, but it was still better than the awakening trio, in my opinion. These "clones" were not only copy and paste, they were different enough.

2 hours ago, Christactics said:

2nd gen

This is the big problem of them, 2nd gen characters can not become the same character developement like 1st gen characters, nevertheless Caeldori is my favourite of Fates. In my opinion was the way of FE4 the best for 2nd gen characters.

29 minutes ago, Morswo said:

I think they were no real clones, some people call them clones, but it was still better than the awakening trio, in my opinion. These "clones" were not only copy and paste, they were different enough.

Are you kidding me? The Awakening trio at least made sense. Rhajat, Caeldori, and Asugi were just shoehorned in and makes absolutely no sense. In some cases, they are disturbing.

I am serious, why should the Awakening trio made sense? There was just a DLC, nothing what I could count as a good way to introduce them.  Caeldori was similiar to her father Subaki, so she make sense, her name is just a bad idea. Rhajat and Asugi...I have really no idea :D:.  If Caeldori had receive a original name and colour design, she would be not a "clone". 

Just now, Morswo said:

I am serious, why should the Awakening trio made sense? There was just a DLC, nothing what I could count as a good way to introduce them.  Caeldori was similiar to her father Subaki, so she make sense, her name is just a bad idea. Rhajat and Asugi...I have really no idea :D:.  If Caeldori had receive a original name and colour design, she would be not a "clone". 

There's no "why" about it, though. It just is. The Awakening trio makes sense because they did journey from their world to the world of Fates. And do you really think such a thing is impossible for them? They time traveled to the past, and went to the alternate future of the world, so do you really think hopping into another universe makes no sense? For them, it completely makes sense. 

Caeldori might appear to make sense, but literally everything about her personality is precisely like Cordelia's. The desire for perfection, but always criticizing herself and believing that she is far from perfect. That is Cordelia through and through. Her personality is in fact a copy and paste. 

If anything, all these Awakening Clones give us is just an expanded idea on how they would interact, but completely sticking to the personality from their original counterpart.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The Awakening trio makes sense because they did journey from their world to the world of Fates.

It make senses, but not really much and it would be a nightmare if they travel to the next Fire Emblem.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Caeldori might appear to make sense, but literally everything about her personality is precisely like Cordelia's. The desire for perfection, but always criticizing herself and believing that she is far from perfect. That is Cordelia through and through. Her personality is in fact a copy and pa

She is just based on her, but developed in a much better way in her supports than Cordelia, in my opinion. I played FE about 1000 hours, so I should know this, but I think if we want debate this, is this the wrong topic.

1 minute ago, Morswo said:

It make senses, but not really much and it would be a nightmare if they travel to the next Fire Emblem.

I doubt they will. Fates is basically fanservice on steroids. Why do you think Owain, Inigo, Selena, Tharja, Cordelia, and Gaius got a spot in this game? In Summer DLC, it was voted that the latter three were popular, alongside Chrom, and in Hot Spring, the former three were, alongside Lucina. 

2 minutes ago, Morswo said:

She is just based on her, but developed in a much better way in her supports than Cordelia, in my opinion. I played FE about 1000 hours, so I should know this, but I think if we want debate this, is this the wrong topic.

So have I and I am an avid reader of supports, and all I've seen is just giving us an expanded view of how Cordelia, Rhajat, and Gaius would react in an environment that they didn't have in Awakening. How they are with parents, how they are talking to other kids, etc. This is something that the original counterpart never got the chance to, but Fates just showed it. 

You can argue that that's not the case, so if that would be so, let us simply agree to disagree.

I'm slightly willing to forgive the Awakening 2nd Gen now 1st trio. Why? FE1-2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 9-10, what point am I trying to make? Well all of the aforementioned linked games share at least a few PCs, very few in 1-2, the entire/vast majority of the cast in 9-10 and 1-3. Now how it was handled in Fates wasn't the best, but in the spirit of Fates being a sequel to Awakening, it was bearable. FE Switch however should not be considered part of the same "subset" as Awakening and Fates, and therefore have zero Fates/Awakening/anything old characters outside of Einherjar like DLC.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm slightly willing to forgive the Awakening 2nd Gen now 1st trio. Why? FE1-2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 9-10, what point am I trying to make? Well all of the aforementioned linked games share at least a few PCs, very few in 1-2, the entire/vast majority of the cast in 9-10 and 1-3. Now how it was handled in Fates wasn't the best, but in the spirit of Fates being a sequel to Awakening, it was bearable. FE Switch however should not be considered part of the same "subset" as Awakening and Fates, and therefore have zero Fates/Awakening/anything old characters outside of Einherjar like DLC.

The thing with the other examples is that it makes sense. Those examples all take place in the same worlds, around the same time frames, in the same areas. Camus/Zeke is as close as it gets to being out of place fanservice in any of those examples, but he just crossed a small channel separating two continents right next to each other. The fliers are similar, but they can fly.

Awakening and Fates do not take place in the same world, or remotely close in the same timeframe. Anankos had to manipulate space and time to get Owain, Selena and Inigo to Fatesland. Why those three? And if it wasn't bad enough, Asugi, Caeldori, and Rhajat are reincarnations of characters in a different universe.

There's no logic to it at all. It isn't "Oh, they simply moved to a close location." It's "Oh, a magic dragon with nearly unlimited power and makes no sense brought them through dimensions. And then the souls of these other three also traveled over and were reborn!"

Edited by Slumber

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The thing with the other examples is that it makes sense. Those examples all take place in the same worlds, around the same time frames, in the same areas. Camus/Zeke is as close as it gets to being out of place fanservice in any of those examples, but he just crossed a small channel separating two continents right next to each other. The fliers are similar, but they can fly.

Awakening and Fates do not take place in the same world, or remotely close in the same timeframe. Anankos had to manipulate space and time to get Owain, Selena and Inigo to Fatesland. Why those three? And if it wasn't bad enough, Asugi, Caeldori, and Rhajat are reincarnations of characters in a different universe.

There's no logic to it at all. It isn't "Oh, they simply moved to a close location." It's "Oh, a magic dragon that makes no sense brought them through dimensions. And then the souls of these other three also traveled over and were reborn!"

I wouldn't say that Archanea and Valentia were THAT close to one another. I'm wondering how Camus even got all the way there in the first place. Makes it feel like after he lost to Marth, he fell into the ocean and was swept away. 

But yeah, the issue with Awakening and Fates is that they are not the same world at all, despite how some claim that they are due to how Hoshido and Nohr are mythical kingdoms in Chrom's time. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I wouldn't say that Archanea and Valentia were THAT close to one another. I'm wondering how Camus even got all the way there in the first place. Makes it feel like after he lost to Marth, he fell into the ocean and was swept away. 

But yeah, the issue with Awakening and Fates is that they are not the same world at all, despite how some claim that they are due to how Hoshido and Nohr are mythical kingdoms in Chrom's time. 

The distance between Valentia and Archanea is about the size of an FE country. That's REALLY not that far. Alm's party makes a quick-ish(Yeah, they run into a bunch of pirates and some monsters) boat trip between the continents. Camus probably took a boat.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

The distance between Valentia and Archanea is about the size of an FE country. That's REALLY not that far. Alm's party makes a quick-ish(Yeah, they run into a bunch of pirates and some monsters) boat trip between the continents. Camus probably took a boat.

I am pretty sure that it's not just over the horizon. I would expect that it takes a few days to reach it, even without the pirate thing. We cannot really measure the length of time that took place, though, as they never describe it. 

Why would he take a boat though? It just feels out of place is all.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why would he take a boat though? It just feels out of place is all.

How ELSE would he get there? I don't think he just washed across the ocean for a few hundred miles.

Just now, Slumber said:

How ELSE would he get there? I don't think he just washed across the ocean for a few hundred miles.

That's exactly what I'm asking. 

The best I can come up with for the boat you mentioned is that Camus might have tried to go into self-exile for failing as a knight and couldn't even die as a knight. Then the boat got caught in a storm, and bam.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

The best I can come up with for the boat you mentioned is that Camus might have tried to go into self-exile for failing as a knight and couldn't even die as a knight. Then the boat got caught in a storm, and bam.

That's what I'd think.

Camus didn't want to show his face in Archanea ever again, took a boat, and ended up on the nearest landmass. Which would be Valentia.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

That's what I'd think.

Camus didn't want to show his face in Archanea ever again, took a boat, and ended up on the nearest landmass. Which would be Valentia.

I'll also throw in the case of how it would be too painful to see Nyna again as well. 

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

Hence the italicized "slightly", it is far from excusing it entirely.

And, partly, the recycling could be seen also as saving on creativity, which Fates might have needed when you have 2 separate games worth of characters (Nohrian and Hoshidans) being made at the same time for a cast that minus the 6 Awakenities still totals over 70 I think. If the alternative to Owain again was something worse than or equal to Yaoi Fangirl and Stunted Lesbian (but weren't the kids of Fates late additions according to game data and rough cut ins?), well, I'd take Owain. 

DLC making their appearance in Fateslandia a serious thing might also be a problem, since their DLC story is never tied into the main plot. If it had been something more lighthearted like "Well all the Awakening kids decided to leave PC Chrom's world for their own/a new one, and during the jump the three ended up being accidentally separated, ended up In Fateslandia and decide to chill there a little before trying to find their friends", would it be quite as criticized? Criticized still on grounds of fanservice for sure, but it'd pull a little of its reprehensibility away.

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'll also throw in the case of how it would be too painful to see Nyna again as well. 

And painful for Nyna to see him again as well. Ending up falling for another girl while an amnesiac also complicates things and ultimately, Camus chose Tatiana over Nyna. Partly because Camus was presumed dead to Nyna, and could thus move on from him (well not completely...), while he never died to Tatiana.

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Let's assume he nearly died first and fell into a river and was washed downstream a bit first where he got some immediate wounds treatment. Since I don't think Camus would consciously run away even on death's door, a KO'ed body can't walk but can be washed away, and if others saw his heavily injured unconscious body, they'd probably try to take it for healing or burial.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hence the italicized "slightly", it is far from excusing it entirely.

And, partly, the recycling could be seen also as saving on creativity, which Fates might have needed when you have 2 separate games worth of characters (Nohrian and Hoshidans) being made at the same time for a cast that minus the 6 Awakenities still totals over 70 I think. If the alternative to Owain again was something worse than or equal to Yaoi Fangirl and Stunted Lesbian (but weren't the kids of Fates late additions according to game data and rough cut ins?), well, I'd take Owain. 

DLC making their appearance in Fateslandia a serious thing might also be a problem, since their DLC story is never tied into the main plot. If it had been something more lighthearted like "Well all the Awakening kids decided to leave PC Chrom's world for their own/a new one, and during the jump the three ended up being accidentally separated, ended up In Fateslandia and decide to chill there a little before trying to find their friends", would it be quite as criticized? Criticized still on grounds of fanservice for sure, but it'd pull a little of its reprehensibility away.

"Saving on creativity" is a very, very, very nice way to put it. Outright lazy and nonsensical would be a better way to put it. There are a billion sayings about being too ambitious, and a lot of them would apply here. The moment they realized they didn't have enough characters to make two games worth of content, they should have adjusted their goals to meet them. It's a sign of desperation when you're so eager to meet your initial goals that, instead of reevaluating your goals, you cut corners and cheat to get there. And desperation is never a good look.

The Awakening characters in Fates simply make no sense. Even if you want to ignore the implications in Rhajat's dialogue that Corrin is ALSO the reincarnation of an Awakening character(Robin), there's really no reason for these characters to be there. They're simply there because IS bit off way more than it could chew with Fates, and in order to cover their asses they needed to be blatantly lazy and pandery, which is not what anybody should want out of the franchise.

Even doing the "Woah, we went back and forward too many times, how did we get here?!" route instead of using Anankos as a plot device, it still would reek of desperation.

Edited by Slumber

11 minutes ago, Slumber said:

"Saving on creativity" is a very, very, very nice way to put it. Outright lazy and nonsensical would be a better way to put it. There are a billion sayings about being too ambitious, and a lot of them would apply here. The moment they realized they didn't have enough characters to make two games worth of content, they should have adjusted their goals to meet them. It's a sign of desperation when you're so eager to meet your initial goals that, instead of reevaluating your goals, you cut corners and cheat to get there. And desperation is never a good look.

I'm a little too empathetic to get so vociferously polemical most of the time. Nonetheless I do enjoy it when certain other posters take a razor blade to FE, you being one of those here whose opinion I hold in general high regard on SF.

Admittedly my alternative explanation for OSL appearing deserved to get stomped on since having come up with the idea, I had a certain sense of egotistical liking towards it. Thank you. And that is in no way sarcastic. I mean it.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Take what Chrom says with a grain of salt. Since he shouldn't know of Tellius or Elibe or Magvel, or even Jugdral really. But he does, and this is wholly to give a little information to the player, who might not have played the older games, about said characters. Fates just kept up the act, and it's fairly inoffensive, people shouldn't take it for serious truth though.

I have said it before and i will say it again... IS needs to put down all their worlds and do some serious world building, and try to connect what they are already have and build things from there... parallel universes are never a good idea and its the worst story telling ever!..... Unless the media its about parallel universes... but to shove parallel universes in an already established world its LAZY  and NONSENSICAL! PKMN did for some reason and well nobody cares for story in pkmn..... but there's no excuse for a game like FE!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Take what Chrom says with a grain of salt. Since he shouldn't know of Tellius or Elibe or Magvel, or even Jugdral really. But he does, and this is wholly to give a little information to the player, who might not have played the older games, about said characters. Fates just kept up the act, and it's fairly inoffensive, people shouldn't take it for serious truth though.

Jugdral is in the same world as Archanea though, so I can believe that Chrom can know about that. And the reason why I believe the other worlds tales and stories can be spoken of is one thing: Anna.