what u DONT want to see in FE Switch

5 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

They changed some names (which practically every localization company does), and changed some of the more innuendo-y stuff with Tora. Even then most of it was left pretty much intact and people are over reacting as per usual. I think it is only two heart to hearts regarding Tora and his grandpa's programming of Poppi, and some small dialogue for one of the blades. Pokemon I don't know, but the Xenoblade stuff is just overreacting over small stuff.

You might wanna educate yourself. Keep in mind Treehouse's track record 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ToxicDuck said:

You already posted that on thread closed due to toxicity and also you're ignoring the Pokemon thing lol.

Anywaaaaaaaaaays a lot of things I don't want to see back in line-up with what Calico said earlier in their last post, so I won't repeat them here. Especially the whole "no more reincarnations" of previously made characters. (or that of the like) As much as I like severa, inigo, owain, tharja, and cordelia, (was that all of them?) I'd rather have had new characters in Fates and in future games than rehashing them out again. It's not that I necessarily find it lazy, it's just I really don't care about that kind of obvious fanservice of giving people their favorite characters in another (seemingly unrelated) game.

6 hours ago, SuperIb said:

You already posted that on thread closed due to toxicity and also you're ignoring the Pokemon thing lol.

Anywaaaaaaaaaays a lot of things I don't want to see back in line-up with what Calico said earlier in their last post, so I won't repeat them here. Especially the whole "no more reincarnations" of previously made characters. (or that of the like) As much as I like severa, inigo, owain, tharja, and cordelia, (was that all of them?) I'd rather have had new characters in Fates and in future games than rehashing them out again. It's not that I necessarily find it lazy, it's just I really don't care about that kind of obvious fanservice of giving people their favorite characters in another (seemingly unrelated) game.

So, calling out the censorship of art is somehow toxic to you? Ha, good luck out in the real world! lmao 

Just now, ToxicDuck said:

So, calling out the censorship of art is somehow toxic to you? Ha, good luck out in the real world! lmao 

I said that the thread you posted was closed due to toxicity, which it was. I didn't say calling out the "censorship of art" is toxic. If you can't learn to read and understand context correctly, then I wish you luck in the "real world."

Also, you're still ignoring the Pokemon thing lol.

Just now, SuperIb said:

I said that the thread you posted was closed due to toxicity, which it was. I didn't say calling out the "censorship of art" is toxic. If you can't learn to read and understand context correctly, then I wish you luck in the "real world."

Also, you're still ignoring the Pokemon thing lol.

I started that threat to point out that Treehouse is going to tell Intelligent Systems what they can and can't do to the new Fire Emblem. For all we know, FE Switch is going to be a kiddie watered down version of what we had previously. 

As for the Pokemon thing, I'm saying the newer Pokemon games are much lower in quality, partly due to the Pokemon Company International has been medeling with the development with newer Pokemon games and making them watered down. Company interference is never a good thing and it certainly isn't a good thing here. 

Just now, ToxicDuck said:

I started that threat to point out that Treehouse is going to tell Intelligent Systems what they can and can't do to the new Fire Emblem. For all we know, FE Switch is going to be a kiddie watered down version of what we had previously. 

This statement is utterly ridiculous Treehouse has no kind of executive power like that. Localization takes creative liberties if they think they need to so the audience can better understand intent or if something was way too rooted in Japanese culture that the general public wouldn't understand. 

Some changes can be questionable, but overall thinking a localization company has power over an actual game company is kind of an inane way to think.

1 minute ago, ToxicDuck said:

As for the Pokemon thing, I'm saying the newer Pokemon games are much lower in quality, partly due to the Pokemon Company International has been medeling with the development with newer Pokemon games and making them watered down. Company interference is never a good thing and it certainly isn't a good thing here. 

I don't think that's accurate. I don't exactly see how FE has been turned into a "kiddie watered-down" version recently. Obviously Fates wasn't a (localization) masterpiece, but that wasn't strictly because of Treehouse. (Also, if we're talking about all recent FE games, I thought Echoes was great imo.) And as for Pokemon games, Gen VII is, in my opinion, way better than gens V and VI, so I mean, to each their own. Regardless, I don't think you can make an objective statement about this matter as you seem to be doing, as it certainly is a matter of subjective opinions.

(Also I apologize for derailing the thread)

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

This statement is utterly ridiculous Treehouse has no kind of executive power like that. Localization takes creative liberties if they think they need to so the audience can better understand intent or if something was way too rooted in Japanese culture that the general public wouldn't understand. 

Some changes can be questionable, but overall thinking a localization company has power over an actual game company is kind of an inane way to think.

Except if you watch the vid I posted in my original thread, it clearly explains that NoA is sending localizers to Japan, telling them what's okay to put in the game and what isn't okay. Apparently it's apart of NoA's newer policies. And keep in mind, Treehouse's employee's reputation. As for the JPN culture thing, even if it was removed from the game, guess what, no one but video game and anime fans are gonna buy these games. So, it's pointless and a waste of money to even try and appeal to these feminists and soy boys. 

Well, watch the vid I posted in my thread and then do a quick google search and you'll see that I'm right. 

4 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

I don't think that's accurate. I don't exactly see how FE has been turned into a "kiddie watered-down" version recently. Obviously Fates wasn't a (localization) masterpiece, but that wasn't strictly because of Treehouse. (Also, if we're talking about all recent FE games, I thought Echoes was great imo.) And as for Pokemon games, Gen VII is, in my opinion, way better than gens V and VI, so I mean, to each their own. Regardless, I don't think you can make an objective statement about this matter as you seem to be doing, as it certainly is a matter of subjective opinions.

(Also I apologize for derailing the thread)

I wasn't talking about FE Echoes for Fates though, I was talking about FE Switch and how it'll be watered down compared to the older games. Keep in mind, NoA's newer policies for JRPGs getting localized is still rather new (that is to say, sending Treehouse employees to Japan just to tell devs what they can or can't do) so FE Echoes wasn't affected. As for Pokemon, need I remind you that the game corner is no longer in the games because of TPCi's shitty policies? Fuck trying to appeal to the mainstream and SJWs, Nintendo should only appeal to fans like those against censorship of art. 

1 minute ago, ToxicDuck said:

I wasn't talking about FE Echoes for Fates though, I was talking about FE Switch and how it'll be watered down compared to the older games

Okay I misread that. But in this case, it's just speculation and doesn't mean anything.

2 minutes ago, ToxicDuck said:

As for Pokemon, need I remind you that the game corner is no longer in the games because of TPCi's shitty policies? Fuck trying to appeal to the mainstream and SJWs, Nintendo should only appeal to fans like those against censorship of art. 

It doesn't matter? The game corner was hardly a huge deal. It honestly doesn't matter. If that's your only thing on Pokemon then y i k e s. Also, I'd stop saying things like "SJWs" because you will not be taken seriously by anyone save for people who also cry "SJW" at things. It also seems like you're over-exaggerating the amount of "censorship" that Nintendo's doing and a lot of it is flimsy speculation, which to that I say, chill out and wait until the game comes out.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just realized something I don't want to see in FE Switch. It's a small thing, but I do not want it:

The main FE lord having an S-Support involving them stumbling upon the deuteragonist (secondary protagonist) taking a bath, and then proposing shortly afterward. Chrom does this in his S-Support with a female Robin, and Male Corrin does this in his S-Support with Azura in Fates, Revelations. Why? Once might have been funny. Second time?

13 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I just realized something I don't want to see in FE Switch. It's a small thing, but I do not want it:

The main FE lord having an S-Support involving them stumbling upon the deuteragonist (secondary protagonist) taking a bath, and then proposing shortly afterward. Chrom does this in his S-Support with a female Robin, and Male Corrin does this in his S-Support with Azura in Fates, Revelations. Why? Once might have been funny. Second time?

Don't confuse Chrom and Corrin here. Chrom seeing Robin in the bath was in their B support. Corrin saw Azura bathing in their S support. 

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Don't confuse Chrom and Corrin here. Chrom seeing Robin in the bath was in their B support. Corrin saw Azura bathing in their S support. 

You're right; my bad. Still strange that it happened twice in a row, even if it was a B support in Chrom's case.

9 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

You're right; my bad. Still strange that it happened twice in a row, even if it was a B support in Chrom's case.

Yeah. Personally, this is why I don't like Chrom and F!Robin's support and why I don't ship them that much. Never been a fan of these forced cliched "perceived pervert" troupe that we see in a bunch of anime. Their relationship felt more believable in the story, but that's like Sumia's. Hence why I ship Robin and Lucina way more, since their story relationship even works great with their support relationship. 

21 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah. Personally, this is why I don't like Chrom and F!Robin's support and why I don't ship them that much. Never been a fan of these forced cliched "perceived pervert" troupe that we see in a bunch of anime. Their relationship felt more believable in the story, but that's like Sumia's. Hence why I ship Robin and Lucina way more, since their story relationship even works great with their support relationship. 

I hear you. Yeah; when I didn't s-support Robin with Cordelia, I s-supported him with Lucina. It just made more sense, and had him do something actually sweet, unlike Chrom the perceived pervert.

Speaking of which; I also agree about the "perceived pervert" trope. Done once in a way that made sense is okay, but there is a serious over-abundance of them in media, and most of them boil down to the same formula. At least the supports I mentioned had the girl forgive the guy after he explained (if I recall correctly). 

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

I hear you. Yeah; when I didn't s-support Robin with Cordelia, I s-supported him with Lucina. It just made more sense, and had him do something actually sweet, unlike Chrom the perceived pervert.

Speaking of which; I also agree about the "perceived pervert" trope. Done once in a way that made sense is okay, but there is a serious over-abundance of them in media, and most of them boil down to the same formula. At least the supports I mentioned had the girl forgive the guy after he explained (if I recall correctly). 

Yeah. With Cordelia, it works with how Robin helps her overcome her pain from losing her comrades. And with Lucina... well theres a LOT there, especially when you tie it in with other conversations like her married conversation with Robin in Hot Springs Scramble, since it plays with Lucina's Judgment scene. 

I don't think there even is a way to perform it well now. Its so overused that anyone that sees it would only see it as the same old cliche. And its worse when its always the male that suffers from this kind of troupe. I feel sorry for them. They did nothing wrong. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah. With Cordelia, it works with how Robin helps her overcome her pain from losing her comrades. And with Lucina... well theres a LOT there, especially when you tie it in with other conversations like her married conversation with Robin in Hot Springs Scramble, since it plays with Lucina's Judgment scene. 

I don't think there even is a way to perform it well now. Its so overused that anyone that sees it would only see it as the same old cliche. And its worse when its always the male that suffers from this kind of troupe. I feel sorry for them. They did nothing wrong. 

Well; Corrin probably did something wrong when he continued to look; Azura even called him out on it.

Yeah I agree with you, both about the pairings and the cliché. The cliché is overused and a bit of a double-standard in a lot of cases.

By the way; are you using auto-correct? You keep saying troupe when I'm pretty sure you mean trope.

13 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Well; Corrin probably did something wrong when he continued to look; Azura even called him out on it.

Yeah I agree with you, both about the pairings and the cliché. The cliché is overused and a bit of a double-standard in a lot of cases.

By the way; are you using auto-correct? You keep saying troupe when I'm pretty sure you mean trope.

Corrin is the true pervert!

And really, people criticize Robin and Lucina's support for being bland and boring, but I feel that its actually very important, in how Lucina confides in Robin with something so important. And it was so cute with how Lcuina didn't know what "mixed baths" meant. "Oh, what do they mix it with?" XD

And yes, the stupid thing keeps doing this to me. :/

On 1/31/2018 at 2:06 AM, ToxicDuck said:

I already saw that video in that other thread that was closed, and I don't see the point of posting it here. What you just posted isn't a type of censorship at all, and you are giving the people at Treehouse way too much power in this scenario of yours. Nintendo of Japan had NoA and NoE (not just Treehouse) send translators over to Monolith Soft studios most likely because of all of the localization scandals that they have found themselves in, and the need for faster localization. Whoever is translating the games needs to get their hands on the script as fast as possible so they can release the game as close to the Japanese date as they can so them being over there is necessary. If while this is going on the developers come across something they think might be too much, then it seems they ask the translators. These are never big things that change the overall vision of the game, and I doubt it is going to have a negative impact on FE Switch unless we hear it straight from Nintendo. If the story is horrible it is due to the writers and whoever in IS meddled with it not the translators, if the gameplay sucks that is the developers, etc...I can go on, but my main point is FE Switch will be good or bad based on the framework left behind by the developers not the translators. I don't hate Fates but it is the perfect example, Fates sucks largely because of decisions done by the developers. Treehouse messed up here and there, but overall Fates many faults can't be pinned on Treehouse.

I'm fine with most things except the creepy character obsessed with you, and the reincarnations. I do not want to see old characters again. I don't care how much I liked them before I just want to see a full cast of newer characters. The obsessed character is also a very annoying trope that probably won't die, but I hope they at least tone it down and give them a character outside of their obsession. I can't even tell if Faye is a step forward or a further step back.

Edited by YingofDarkness
grammar edits

4 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I don't hate Fates but it is the perfect example, Fates sucks largely because of decisions done by the developers. Treehouse messed up here and there, but overall Fates many faults can't be pinned on Treehouse.

Frankly, what exactly did censorship do bad in regards to Fates? Getting rid of the ability to pet people? How is that bad? If anything, I welcome such censorship. It's downright creepy that they even put that in there. Changing Soleil's dialogue with Corrin so that she pretends to see someone in an opposite gender, as opposed to Corrin DRUGGING her? Nothing wrong with that change. 

51 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Corrin is the true pervert!

And really, people criticize Robin and Lucina's support for being bland and boring, but I feel that its actually very important, in how Lucina confides in Robin with something so important. And it was so cute with how Lcuina didn't know what "mixed baths" meant. "Oh, what do they mix it with?" XD

And yes, the stupid thing keeps doing this to me. :/

Got it.

In all honesty, I have never heard some use either adjective to describe Robin and Lucina.

38 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I'm fine with most things except the creepy character obsessed with you, and the reincarnations. I do not want to see old characters again. I don't care how much I liked them before I just want to see a full cast of newer characters. The obsessed character is also a very annoying trope that probably won't die, but I hope they at least tone it down and give them a character outside of their obsession. I can't even tell if Faye is a step forward or a further step back.

I'd probably say Faye is a step back, if only because Alm does let her down easy, and she does take it surprisingly well for a character who is almost entirely defined by her obsession with Alm.

I agree that the trope is way too annoying. It was annoying even in Path of Radiance, when the character wasn't even playable. Awakening then turned it up to 11 with Tharja, and it has always been annoying! (How did Tharja even become a popular character anyways? She's extremely annoying... and creepy.) I really hope it goes away.

I also agree for the most part about seeing old characters return.

33 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Frankly, what exactly did censorship do bad in regards to Fates? Getting rid of the ability to pet people? How is that bad? If anything, I welcome such censorship. It's downright creepy that they even put that in there. Changing Soleil's dialogue with Corrin so that she pretends to see someone in an opposite gender, as opposed to Corrin DRUGGING her? Nothing wrong with that change. 

I definitely don't mind those changes, not so much for the original stuff being creepy, so much as the changes not really getting rid of anything important. Changing Saizo and Beruka's C-support so they say absolutely nothing to each other, however, was really bad (it took away the entire context of the subsequent supports).

Edited by vanguard333

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

In my opinion, not much but you can't deny that they did change things that are still considered divisive in the community. The removal of the petting minigame (I was happy to see it gone but) was extremely controversial because it was still a game mode that had many unique lines that could not be heard otherwise. The Soleil and Corrin dialouge is only one of the support changes that they made, and not even the most popular one people mention. That would go to the Beruka and Saizo support that was only changed because someone thought it would be funny. Neither of them bothers me, but Hisame's pickle lines I did think were weird. Overall I don't think they did a bad job and I would be happy to see how they would handle FE Switch after the show that was Fates. As I mentioned in my post, the majority of the stuff wrong with Fates was on IS's decisions. You can't deny that there are things some people in the community don't like about the localization that Treehouse did though which is why I put that line there.

14 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Got it.

In all honesty, I have never heard some use either adjective to describe Robin and Lucina.

You would be surprised.

14 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I'd probably say Faye is a step back, if only because Alm does let her down easy, and she does take it surprisingly well for a character who is almost entirely defined by her obsession with Alm.

I agree that the trope is way too annoying. It was annoying even in Path of Radiance, when the character wasn't even playable. Awakening then turned it up to 11 with Tharja, and it has always been annoying! (How did Tharja even become a popular character anyways? She's extremely annoying... and creepy.) I really hope it goes away.

I also agree for the most part about seeing old characters return.

Faye is way worse than Camilla and Tharja combined, in how she absolutely never gets over her obsession, to the point that it even shows in her ending. Least Tharja does get over her issues in some of her endings, and Camilla, while she doesn't actually get over it, it makes sense why she is like she is. 

Tharja is not a good person, but she has the capacity to become a better person. And this makes her a character that is good and very redeemable. If you look through her supports, there are cases where Tharja actually has cases of being genuinely good and kind, even from the getgo. Camilla's case is from her suffering from mental trauma where she is clearly unstable, and this is reflected in her supports. Camilla never gets better in those supports, and that makes sense. You can't cure crazy in 4 conversations. You need to be like Libra and show dedication. He would be able to console her eventually,  but not immediately. 

Faye though is rude to other characters and even the Heroes chapter played her obsession, which is sad.

18 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I definitely don't mind those changes, not so much for the original stuff being creepy, so much as the changes not really getting rid of anything important. Changing Kaze and Beruka's C-support so they say absolutely nothing to each other, however, was really bad (it took away the entire context of the subsequent supports).

So that was a change. I thought it was weird that they actually said nothing there.

16 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

In my opinion, not much but you can't deny that they did change things that are still considered divisive in the community. The removal of the petting minigame (I was happy to see it gone but) was extremely controversial because it was still a game mode that had many unique lines that could not be heard otherwise. The Soleil and Corrin dialouge is only one of the support changes that they made, and not even the most popular one people mention. That would go to the Beruka and Saizo support that was only changed because someone thought it would be funny. Neither of them bothers me, but Hisame's pickle lines I did think were weird. Overall I don't think they did a bad job and I would be happy to see how they would handle FE Switch after the show that was Fates. As I mentioned in my post, the majority of the stuff wrong with Fates was on IS's decisions. You can't deny that there are things some people in the community don't like about the localization that Treehouse did though which is why I put that line there.

People complaining about removing a really stupid thing like petting are whining way too much. I personally don't care if I don't hear some lines. I'd rather not go through with that kind of thing. The petting feature works with Pokemon, because they are basically animals or like pets. But people aren't animals nor pets. It's almost degrading that they put that feature in. 

Hisame is by definition a bland character. The localization adding his weird obsession with pickles actually gives him more personality.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

People complaining about removing a really stupid thing like petting are whining way too much. I personally don't care if I don't hear some lines. I'd rather not go through with that kind of thing. The petting feature works with Pokemon, because they are basically animals or like pets. But people aren't animals nor pets. It's almost degrading that they put that feature in.

That is your opinion. It is an opinion I share because I truly believe that that game mode should have never existed to begin with, but we cannot ignore the opinion of others. I consider it a mistake of Treehouse's localization of Fates for that reason. A lot of other people did not like that they removed an entire game mode, and (regardless of our opinion on it) they have a point as well.

12 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Hisame is by definition a bland character. The localization adding his weird obsession with pickles actually gives him more personality.

I know, but I just find the focus on pickles weird. It isn't something most people would get attached too, and seems like another throwaway joke that the translators came up with besides the SaizoxBeruka one.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You would be surprised.

Faye is way worse than Camilla and Tharja combined, in how she absolutely never gets over her obsession, to the point that it even shows in her ending. Least Tharja does get over her issues in some of her endings, and Camilla, while she doesn't actually get over it, it makes sense why she is like she is. 

Tharja is not a good person, but she has the capacity to become a better person. And this makes her a character that is good and very redeemable. If you look through her supports, there are cases where Tharja actually has cases of being genuinely good and kind, even from the getgo. Camilla's case is from her suffering from mental trauma where she is clearly unstable, and this is reflected in her supports. Camilla never gets better in those supports, and that makes sense. You can't cure crazy in 4 conversations. You need to be like Libra and show dedication. He would be able to console her eventually,  but not immediately. 

Faye though is rude to other characters and even the Heroes chapter played her obsession, which is sad.

True; very true. To be honest; I never actually used Tharja, so I saw almost none of her support conversations. I also agree about Camilla not being as bad.

Faye does start out quite rude to other characters, but she does develop a nice enough friendship with Silque by the A-support. I agree that her being mentioned as not giving up her obsession even in the ending is bad, though I will point out that almost everyone's endings in SoV are really bad or at least have something bad about them. 

I still say that Faye taking Alm-letting-her-down-gently pretty well is an improvement. She does at least accept that Alm doesn't like her back, and does at least cease acting on her obsession, even if she admits it's still there. I'm not saying it's good; I'm just saying it's an improvement. Personally, I would much rather there were no playable characters that were obsessed with the main characters. 

3 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

That is your opinion. It is an opinion I share because I truly believe that that game mode should have never existed to begin with, but we cannot ignore the opinion of others. I consider it a mistake of Treehouse's localization of Fates for that reason. A lot of other people did not like that they removed an entire game mode, and (regardless of our opinion on it) they have a point as well.

True. But I feel like they should harp on this particular thing since this particular feature has absolutely nothing to do with Fire Emblem to begin with.Let's just hope that such a feature doesn't exist at all for future installments, so there'd be nothing to censor.

3 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I know, but I just find the focus on pickles weird. It isn't something most people would get attached too, and seems like another throwaway joke that the translators came up with besides the SaizoxBeruka one.

Well, its hard to actually make Hisame a good character. He's so forgettable, and Hinata is not that great either. And the worst part is that he's named after one of my favorite Naruto characters. :/ 

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

True; very true. To be honest; I never actually used Tharja, so I saw almost none of her support conversations. I also agree about Camilla not being as bad.

Faye does start out quite rude to other characters, but she does develop a nice enough friendship with Silque by the A-support. I agree that her being mentioned as not giving up her obsession even in the ending is bad, though I will point out that almost everyone's endings in SoV are really bad or at least have something bad about them. 

I still say that Faye taking Alm-letting-her-down-gently pretty well is an improvement. She does at least accept that Alm doesn't like her back, and does at least cease acting on her obsession, even if she admits it's still there. I'm not saying it's good; I'm just saying it's an improvement. Personally, I would much rather there were no playable characters that were obsessed with the main characters. 

You should look at her supports. Or better yet, look at Ghast's Support Science videos on Youtube, as they are VERY good. 

Nice enough, which is still bad if you ask me. I mean, I think even Tharja would be disgusted by how Faye acted with Silque. Tharja knows that she's the anti-social type, but Faye tries to act like she's some nice, social girl, when she isn't. So her rudeness towards Silque that tried to make an effort to just ruin her even more. Plus, she marries a guy and basically still goes out to stalk Alm, despite how she likely has children of her own now? 

I do admit that it was nice that for once, we have a character that actually knows that a girl was into him, but tells her that he isn't into her. Nice progress. But this could have been used to help Faye move on. But she doesn't, despite promising that she would. 

I do agree that we can go without the obsessed characters now. It's gonna become its own cliche otherwise.