what u DONT want to see in FE Switch

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Do they give personal weapons nowadays? 

Yes, but they're story weapons like the Falchion and the Yato, which can't break or the story'd be effectively over(Plus it's not like weapons had durability in Fates, anyway).

Supposing FE goes back to giving weapons like the Wolf Beil, the Rapier, the Ettard, and things like that, a Forge would make perfect sense.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Slumber said:

Yes, but they're story weapons like the Falchion and the Yato, which can't break or the story'd be effectively over(Plus it's not like weapons had durability in Fates, anyway).

Supposing FE goes back to giving weapons like the Wolf Beil, the Rapier, the Ettard, and things like that, a Forge would make perfect sense.

Well, in regards to rapiers, in Awakening, you could buy more of those. But if its a one of a kind weapon, or just very unlikely to ever get more than one of that you start with, then yeah, being able to repair them would be nice. In fact, Sigurd's signature weapon before Tyrfing was the Silver Sword.

1 minute ago, Miracle-Flora said:

I really don't want to see Edgy Emblem: Edgening. I'm probably gonna leave the fandom if that becomes a thing.

What, Vampire Emblem?  At this point, odds are it won't be a thing.

Though it makes me even more curious as to what we're really getting.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What, Vampire Emblem?  At this point, odds are it won't be a thing.

Though it makes me even more curious as to what we're really getting.

Yeah. I call it Edgy Emblem Edgening because of the details in the Vampire Emblem thing, seen here.

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

I'd say bring back weapon durability system with a few changes and as well bringing back the weapon repair option.

All weapons will get a new stat called durability and weapon uses will become a weapon's condition.

Example:

An iron sword has 5 might, 10 durability and 40 condition. For every 10 uses, the weapon is going to lose 1 might. At zero condition, it only has 1 might.

A steel sword on the other hand has 8 might, 15 durability and 45 condition. For every 15 uses, the weapon loses 1 might. At zero, it'll retain 5 might.

A silver sword is even better with 12 might, 20 durability and 60 condition. It a point of might for every 20 uses but will retain 9 might at zero condition.

In regards to forged weapons, weapon condition will affect the weapon's base stats and the weapon's forge bonus stats separately.

Example: A forged iron sword will lose 2 might after 10 uses, 1 from the base stats and 1 from the bonus stats.

In a more fleshed version of this, the system will also scale hit rate and crit rate.

When receiving an attack from an enemy with a weapon advantage over you get a critical, you will lose 5 points of condition from your current weapon. If the enemy has a weapon advantage and does a critical, you lose 15 condition.

In between chapters or if you find a weapon shop, you can restore a weapon to full condition for gold fee scaled to say: condition * durability * overall might (counting forge bonuses) * game difficulty (Easy 0.25/ Normal 0.5 / Hard 1.0 / Lunatic 2.0)

Oh yeah, this new scaling will also affect shop prices so as it won't be cheaper to buy and forge a new weapon instead.

This sounds complicated as [BLEEP]. Sorry, but I cannot support this at all.

3 hours ago, SuperIb said:

Also I'm with EdeaCreamer on weapon durability. I wasn't a fan of having negative side-effects for using certain weapons and would much rather have a more powerful weapon at the cost of having less usage of it. In Fates, I never touched Silver weapons at all, or a lot of the other weapons that have crappy side-effects. What's the point in using those when you can just forge a crap ton of iron weapons and make them just as good? Having no durability removes the uniqueness of the supposedly stronger and more rare items, at least, that's what I find to be the case.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Same here. Never even touched those S class weapons. I mean, screw those weapons. Why should those matter when I can forge a +7 Iron Sword? Those are so much better.

I wouldn't mind durability so much if any good came of it, but I'd argue just the opposite - that the most notable effects durability has on strategy are negative. Anyways, I would argue that silvers had situational use, which was more than can be said of certain weapons (Beruka's Axe, anyone?)... WRT S ranks and the forge, I agree on S ranks, not so much on the forge.

29 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:
  • Well I admit that it would be rather interesting. Perhaps they should consider giving you a different kind of unit. Who knows, this might actually allow you a special kind of thing. Where if you choose to have your Jagen early, they will be strong in the beginning and make it easier to get through chapters, but not too useful at the end. But if you choose to go with a different, weaker unit, you can get the Jagen later on, and they will have much high bases that they will be very useful endgame. 
  • Oh it is, especially since we have three of the five legendaries be swords, when they could easily have been a lance, axe, or even dagger. Hell, even a stave. But nope. Had to make is so that the blue colored weapons are the most underwhelming, while the red just dominates. And poor Takumi, having the only unit legendary, but because its green, disadvantage to all the others. 
  • I take it you didn't read my second reply, as I gave a similar suggestion. I do like the unit coming back stronger idea, though.
  • All legendary staves in the series have so few uses that they fall under the "too awesome to use" category (understandably so too, as they raise the dead and basically fully heal everyone around them). I still don't understand why they have bows and magic as part of the weapon triangle in Fates, though.
33 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But that's just it. Manaketes mentally age slowly as others. They explained it as much in Morgan and Nah's conversation in Harvest Festival. Manaketes age mentally the same as they do physically. So despite how much they've seen, if they do not have the mental capacity to understand it, they won't get some of the stuff. Though in Nowi's situations... I sometimes feel she should be different, since based on what she said, she's been a slave for a very long time, and potentially have gotten raped. Look at how she dresses. She had to have grown up only knowing how to wear those types of clothing. Very dark and disturbing when you think about it.

30 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

When I first saw her I was always suspicious that she was being treated as something even worse than just some circus animal.

27 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Mhm. Despite how some people mock Awakening for being so kid friendly, when you start to really dissect it, or actually pay more attention to it, it has some of the darkest things in Fire Emblem history. Yes, even darker than the Holy Grail that is Genealogy.

Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's darkest franchises, period.

Heck, bandit attacks, despite being experience fodder, are never treated as a complete joke. Racism of all kinds is a common theme. Regicide, patricide, and genocide are also commonplace. Swearing is not unusual, and neither are innuendos. Hell, the second game had CHILD MURDER, and Genealogy infamously has incense.

Honestly, the only reason the games aren't rated higher is that most of this is told, not shown, and they don't delve on any of these topics more than they need to.

(On a side note, I've always wondered why Nowi didn't put on a normal looking shirt when she had the chance. Then again, we aren't told what the clothing rules are for transformation. Nah is wearing a normal dress and can transform fine, yet both Panne and Yarne aren't wearing pants. Don't think about that too much. I've already regretted doing so.)

21 minutes ago, Miracle-Flora said:

I'm kind of glad it was confirmed to be fake. It would suck if the next game was edgy af. Edgy is not fun.

This is my super cool vampire OC Dracul who cries blood and swings around a giant greatsword, do not steal

I was personally looking forward to the couple of odd JoJokes that would inevitably come out of it, but to each their own, I suppose.

Though, actually, Vampire Emblem has not been definitively proven fake, it's just that recent events combined with Mis Leaker's reveal habits have led most of us to make a reasonable conclusion that it's fake.  It could still be real, but the chances are rather low.

32 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I wouldn't mind durability so much if any good came of it, but I'd argue just the opposite - that the most notable effects durability has on strategy are negative. Anyways, I would argue that silvers had situational use, which was more than can be said of certain weapons (Beruka's Axe, anyone?)... WRT S ranks and the forge, I agree on S ranks, not so much on the forge.

This. Durability just leads to hoarding.

19 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Heck, bandit attacks, despite being experience fodder, are never treated as a complete joke. Racism of all kinds is a common theme. Regicide, patricide, and genocide are also commonplace. Swearing is not unusual, and neither are innuendos. Hell, the second game had CHILD MURDER, and Genealogy infamously has incense.

I'm guessing that last bit was auto-correct? I don't think Genealogy was infamous for ancient ritual perfume...

I agree that Fire Emblem definitely some dark stuff for a Nintendo game. What I hope not to see come of this would be FE suddenly becoming dark fantasy or some other dreary, depressing thing supposed to be "dark" or "with added realism" like one can see in a lot of stuff these days. When you make something that's constantly depressing, it takes away shock value and emotion from otherwise heart-wrenching or saddening scenes. And if it's 100% dark, then there are no good moments either. This comes up time and time again in post-apocalyptic stories, dark fantasies, the recent superhero movies whose brand is two initials (DC), etc. Nintendo's pretty good at avoiding this (just look at Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Breath of the Wild), but I don't know how good Intelligent Systems is as avoiding it.

Edited by vanguard333

19 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  • I take it you didn't read my second reply, as I gave a similar suggestion. I do like the unit coming back stronger idea, though.
  • All legendary staves in the series have so few uses that they fall under the "too awesome to use" category (understandably so too, as they raise the dead and basically fully heal everyone around them). I still don't understand why they have bows and magic as part of the weapon triangle in Fates, though.
  • That's actually where I got the idea of them coming back even stronger in fact. 
  • True. Bringing the dead back is useful. Although it might become more redundant a bit since we have players that reset the game after losing a unit, or we will start having Mila's Turnwheel, which means we can completely undo our mistake and thus no longer need to worry about reviving them. Well, unless we win the time the unit dies or something. 

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:
  • True. Bringing the dead back is useful. Although it might become more redundant a bit since we have players that reset the game after losing a unit, or we will start having Mila's Turnwheel, which means we can completely undo our mistake and thus no longer need to worry about reviving them. Well, unless we win the time the unit dies or something. 

I'd also argue most of them fall under the "awesome but impractical" category (in some games getting an S rank in staves prevents you from S ranking another weapon, and the revival staves in particular fall victim to this, especially Bifrost).

One alteration to normal durability, though: don't completely destroy the item/weapon at 0 Dur. Just render it 'unusable until repaired.' Then have a Forging system in place for repairs, whether it's for an item at 0 Dur or even if it's just lost a few charges and needs topped off. Different items would have different Forging requirements for repair. It's frustrating to see something break and then be screwed out of that weapon for the rest of the game, that's not the feeling I'd go for.

Also, in addition to Legendary (S-Rank) weapons bypassing Durability altogether, I think the most basic weapon type in each category would be limitless as well. So Brass/Bronze Weapons, an 'Ember' Tome (no skills or crits, IIRC Fire in Fates can still skill-proc), a 'Shine' Staff (REALLY piddly healing, like a flat 2 points or something), and the lowest-class transformation stones (again, no skills or crits); those would all be infinite-use still in the system I'm imagining.

I want tomes, magicians, sorcerers and anything magic related to not be common anymore. It's actually pretty insane when you think about it how empires are not rushing to make armies of dangerous magic knights who are casting amazingly powerful fire spells at each other from afar, and do not have to suffer as many casualties in war. It's like guns honestly, there's no point in using melee weapons when you can cast thunder down on people at minimal risk of being killed. Now I'm not saying that they can't have magic in more subtle forms such as divine weapons, Holy Knights with divine tinted armor that makes them extremely tough, and swords that light up on fire due to "magic stones"...etc., but keep the tomes, scrolls, and their users more rare. Also increase bow range.

- I don't want another pair up system, it's stupid.
 - Really don't want the archers to suck again, hopefully they go the route of Echoes.
 - I'd like to see some version of Mila's turnwheel because I think it gives you the opportunity to play ironman more seriously.  However, I don't want it to be like Echoes where I could use it so many times I didn't even care if I messed up.
 - I wouldn't mind a villager system with some units like Echoes had, but only on some units.  I don't want anyone to be able to change their class at will, only the beginning units or trainees. 

Edited by Lushen

18 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I want tomes, magicians, sorcerers and anything magic related to not be common anymore. It's actually pretty insane when you think about it how empires are not rushing to make armies of dangerous magic knights who are casting amazingly powerful fire spells at each other from afar, and do not have to suffer as many casualties in war. It's like guns honestly, there's no point in using melee weapons when you can cast thunder down on people at minimal risk of being killed. Now I'm not saying that they can't have magic in more subtle forms such as divine weapons, Holy Knights with divine tinted armor that makes them extremely tough, and swords that light up on fire due to "magic stones"...etc., but keep the tomes, scrolls, and their users more rare. Also increase bow range.

But FE mages are not that special....  they can cast an "ember" not a "fire Blast"

And thsi happens in all fantasy games anyway... From warcraft to LOL

Edited by Pegasus Knight

Let's see:

• Narrative-wise, anything that feels derivative of any of the previous games. Some people want something like "PoR" or "RD", others like "Genealogy", and some like the newer games; I am not one of those people. Personally hoping for something that doesn't feel like treading on the same grounds.
  • Returning to the voice acting grunts ala "Awakening" and "Fates". After "Echoes" and "Warriors", it appears that the series has embraced full voice-acting. Going back to what "Awakening" and "Fates" did in terms of voice-acting would feel like a massive step back.
  • Shoehorning children and the player Avatar. I liked how "Awakening" handled the player Avatar and the children. How "Fates" handled both speaks for itself.
  • Getting the same artist (Yusuke Kozaki, Senri Kita, etc.) to do the game. I prefer having a different artist working on the game, since I prefer a distinct visual style for each game.
Edited by BZL8

2 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

But FE mages are not that special....  they can cast an "ember" not a "fire Blast"

And thsi happens in all fantasy games anyway... From warcraft to LOL

You mean fire magic is not fire because it's magic? I don't buy into that, sorry unless your using he literal definition of Ember in which case I'm confused because that's not that they're using. Also there's the big other thing about magic you're missing here, which is how dangerous it can be if put in the wrong hands. You can't put a sword in everyone's hand and expect them to be able to do the same kind output as with magic. The existence of such a force would also make common people very wary, they might just go on witch hunts because they're afraid of it. It's not a reasonable thing, magic. 

1 hour ago, BZL8 said:

Let's see:

• Narrative-wise, anything that feels derivative of any of the previous games. Some people want something like "PoR" or "RD", others like "Genealogy", and some like the newer games; I am not one of those people. Personally hoping for something that doesn't feel like treading on the same grounds.

I actually want the opposite. I don't want them to another Genealogy because I don't think their current writers can handle that well (just look how they handled the Fates games darker elements), but I do want them to go back and try another simpler story. That is where they seem to do their best at, and I'd rather they do something they are comfortable with then try to do something new. If they release another FE game on the Switch after the 2018 one (and they probably will) then they should start to experiment again.

26 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I actually want the opposite. I don't want them to another Genealogy because I don't think their current writers can handle that well (just look how they handled the Fates games darker elements), but I do want them to go back and try another simpler story. That is where they seem to do their best at, and I'd rather they do something they are comfortable with then try to do something new. If they release another FE game on the Switch after the 2018 one (and they probably will) then they should start to experiment again.

I never said anything about wanting a complex story. I don’t care if the story is simple. What I want is a story that doesn’t feel derivative of past games.